• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vox Populi: A Pokemon RPG [T] [SU/OOC]

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Rated T for blood, violence, and possible romance.​

VOX POPULI – A POKéMON RPG

"The voice of the people is indeed, a melodious sound… For no matter what person it is, they shall always be heard."

Pokemon. For many decades, they were believed to be extinct. They still are. But you know better. For you are one of them.
But Pokemon aren't the same after their banishment from the regions. They barely managed to survive, living in a place no one would think even remotely possible; a nuclear waste site that was named Owari. The surviving Pokemon had fled to an empty town, where they believed they would be safe and able to live on their own. The monster's peace didn't last long. After being bombed by an evil group named the Dark Crusaders that now had control of all the regions, many of the weaker Pokemon such as Rattata and Nidoran went extinct. Some stronger creatures, such as Flygon or Haxorus, were able to survive the initial blast, but eventually the radiation killed them. The Dark Crusaders had completed their mission. They finally left Owari, knowing their foes were now useless against them. But they did not know few managed to survive even the radiation poisoning.
The Legendary Pokemon were the only ones strong enough to survive, though they became very sick. A few Shaymin were able to make the area liveable, and so their new, exile lives began, fighting for only survival of their race. Of course, they had to stay low; many so-called "Brave" travelers often visited the area, and getting noticed would be the end for them. They hid and took care of their young, and so many generations of powerful Pokemon lived and died. The radiation took strange effects on the creatures that lived there, and after about twenty years of breeding, they gained the ability to disguise themselves as the People they so often saw. At the time, they knew not what a powerful advantage this mutation would be.
It is the year 5134, hundreds of years after the bombing of Owari. The place, after many, many years, is now being explored by People since the radiation has worn off. You are one of the many children who were playing outside on that fateful day; the day when the People came.
They arrived with their guns and their nets, ready to attack and capture all of the once-extinct creatures that made their homes there. Your parents managed to discover of this threat in time, and they hid you well in a small shelter under a rotting house.
Only a bit later, you and your companions slowly sneak out to find your parents are no longer there. You are alone, in this big, strange world. You were always told never to leave the area where white no longer coats the earth. But what will you do now, that there is no one to protect you?
There is only one choice. You must learn, escape. You must know why the People hate you so much, and why they want you dead. You must know where they took your parents, and if they're alright. So, taking full advantage of your shape shifting powers, you leave your home, never to come back again.
But where will this road take you?
Only time will tell.
Let your voice be heard.

GAME MECHANICS

As stated in the story and plot, you will be playing as a legendary Pokémon that has the ability to change into a human form. There are a few restrictions to this;
• You can only stay in your human form for short periods of time (Up to six hours), even shorter if you're injured. It takes much of your energy.
• You are obviously not going to know much about the human race or customs, so it will be a bit awkward. If you know how to carry on a sensible conversation with a Person, well, there's very obviously a problem.
• Your Human form will look very similar to your Pokemon choice, but it will not be anything too drastic or impossible in human genetics. Here's an example of a big no-no, using Meloetta (Aria Form) as an example:
1. Long, curly green hair
2. Green eyes the same shade as hair
Doing something like that is very naughty! It's impossible for any human being to be born with green colored hair, and even less realistic to have bright green eyes the same shade as your hair! (If I'm wrong with this, please do correct me) So use natural colors, or you shall be denied.

We'll all be traveling in a group during the RP, starting in an island in the southeastern Hoenn region, which is, of course, Owari. You'll get your pick of one of these legendaries:
• Zapdos
• Articuno
• Moltres
• Mewtwo
Mew Played by Juniebug910
• Suicune
• Entei
• Raikou
• Ho-oh
• Lugia
• Celebi
• Latias
• Latios
• Shaymin
Darkrai Played by chaoticlapras
• Cresselia
• Mesprit
• Uxie
• Azelf
• Keldeo
• Virizon
• Cobalion
• Terrakion
Victini- Reserved - ShinyDiamond
• Reshiram
Zekrom Played by Cookie
• Kyurem

We will not be including many Pokemon such as Groudon, Landorus, Palkia, etc, for the fact that they are pretty much reffered to as "Gods"; Palkia controls space, Landorus fertility god, Groudon created land, and so on. The choices I have included do not have any extra-special world destroying abilities.

You may reserve a Pokemon for up to 72 hours (3 days). After that, your reservation will fade and the spot will be open. Choose wisely.

RULES
1. You know those rules, in the sticky thread named "The Rules!" Those all are included here. Don't break 'em.
2. We may be legendary pokemon, but really, we're not that uber anymore since all the other pokemon are extinct. Keep it realistic.
3. IFEELif you read these put deliciouscookies somewhere in your postFABULOUS
4. Put lots of work in your SU. Provide character development, too. That's cool.
5. Be active, Dangit! If not, we'll all just assume your character died in their sleep or something like that. If you need to leave, just let me know.
6. Have fun. If you don't you shall die.

(Anything with a * by it is optional information. But it will make you more likely to be accepted.)

Name:
Pronunciation:
*Meaning:
*Gender Role: (Does your character act more feminine or masculine?)
Pokemon Species:
Pokemon Appearance: (How does your character look in its Pokemon form? Make it unique, and add any jewelry or personal items they carry with them.)
Human Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Special abilities: (What powers can your character use that is unique to their species?)
*Theme song!: (Just for fun! And it helps us all get a better idea of him/her!)
RP Sample:

Here's my SU as an example!

Spoiler:

We'll begin once we have four characters. We don't want an overload of pokemon here.

So, there you go! Sign ups away!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Bumpity bump! This it at the bottom of the RP lounge with only 30 views! Come on, people, join!

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Mew reserve, please!

Also, can we link to our theme song? I have a pretty good idea for mine.
-----------------------------------------------------
Name: Osanai Kodomo

Pronunciation: OE-SA-NY KOE-DOE-MOE

*Meaning: Japanese for "young child"

*Gender Role: Would acting like a kid be feminine?

Pokemon Species: Mew (Nya~)

Pokemon Appearance: As her mew form, Osanai has a WAY lighter coat. Try adding a teaspoon of pink to white, and you get her coat color (crazy cat-thing...OK I'M KIDDING, Mew is adorable). Her eyes are darker, but something else makes her stand out. She always wears a white apron, due to her love for baking.

Human Appearance: As a human, Osanai is the size of a normal 12 year old. Her eyes are the same, and she has a normal skin tone. Osanai's hair is blonde and long (she likes to put it in a ponytail-it reminds her of her tail as a Mew), with pink streaks in it.

Her outfit is usually a pink top with puffy shoulder sleeves and a short, light pink skirt. Underneath she wears dark pink capris. Obviously, she has the white apron, but this time, only when she cooks. Her shoes are pink sneakers with light pink shoelaces (SO MUCH PINK!!!).

In the winter, the capris turn to pants and she wears a long sleeved pink shirt and a magenta jacket.

Personality: Osanai, if you haven't guessed already, is a sucker for sweets (NO DUH). She loves to bake, and make treats and pastries. However, when not baking, Osanai is a fun loving and active girl, who also loves sports (she's a 12-year-old, what did you expect?). She is also a very kind girl, who is as sweet as her tasty treats she likes to make for her friends.

History: Osanai was born from two other Mews. Her mother was a famous baker, and taught her daughter baking as well. Her father was an amazing sportsman, so he also taught her sports when her baking was done, which was fine with Osanai's mother.

However, the day the humans came, they had to move somewhere else, somewhere safer. Near her were other legendaries, who Osanai made friends with. One day, her parents left, but never came back...

Special abilities: Osanai, being a love for sweets and baking, can make almost anything taste amazing, even veggies.

*Theme song!: Party Time-Guardians 4=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9i_20TAlM8

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Yes, of course you can link to your theme song! I just didn't cause I don't have enough posts. :P

Your SU is good so far, just gotta fill up the rest and you'll be accepted! Huzzah!

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Yesh, great choice! I love shugo chara! Even though I only really watch it to see Ikuto... XD

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!! XDDD

The song fits Mew, doesn't it? Though I was debating on if I should use the second opening from the first season.

EDIT: Done. And I changed the song to Party Time from the 3rd season. It fit her more, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
OK. Can I reserve a spot for... Darkrai. I'll try and get my sign-up done, but it probably won't be that quick. Let's start.

Name: Chaos Nimastrang
Pronunciation: The word "Chaos" nim. a. strang (as in the part of strangle).
*Meaning: Well, I made up the name so... darkness, despair, destruction.
*Gender Role: (Does your character act more feminine or masculine?) Well, she's pretty rash and violent so pretty masculine, with an intrest in boys...
Pokemon Species: Darkrai (guess why?)
Pokemon Appearance: (How does your character look in its Pokemon form? Make it unique, and add any jewelry or personal items they carry with them.) She looks intimidating, always has a shadow looming over her. She always tries to look in charge and defeat others, but in reality is pretty weak. The only real difference to the anime/game Darkrai is long purple streaks down her back, and scars.
Human Appearance: She looks like a worn girl. She has dark black eyes, a resemblance from her pokemon form (that is possible naturally, I looked it up). She has very dark brown hair, if allowed dyed purple. There is a dark scar down her arm, that splits into three on her hand. She always wears the same worn purple top and black jeans.
Personality: In both forms, Chaos is dark and intimidating. She likes being in charge, hating losing or being put down. She thinks that she is better than everyone else, always trying to outdo them.
History: She was the result of a Mewtwo and Victini combining. She has always been on her own. When she was younger, a tragic accident killed all she was close to, and she became the pokemon/person she is now.
Special abilities: (What powers can your character use that is unique to their species?) She can give people nightmares, make them sleep, has basic psychic powers, she's rather intimidating.
*Theme song!: (Just for fun! And it helps us all get a better idea of him/her!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk and... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ The queen one doesn't work properly for you, you might find your own sources....
RP Sample: (OK, is this like from another RP, something from here or what?? I've put something from another RP here for now, since I was confused) Bored, Chaos hung over the railings at a side deck, watching a Mantine swim alongside the boat. It had been three hours since she beat the Joey gang. Sighing, she sent out her pokemon. Pidge the Pidgey flapped to the right of her head, Hooty the Hoothoot to the left. Bulby her Bulbsaur stood to her right, and Odd, the Oddish to her left. When she looked back where the Mantine was, it had gone. She sighed again, then saw three Tentacruels near. Hooty flew down there, hitting a Tentacruel repeatedly with it's wing.
"Hoothoot learned wing attack." droned Chaos' annoying pokedex. Chaos switched it off. Pidge flew down there also, also hitting the Tentacruel with it's wing.
"Pidgey learned wing attack." mimicked Chaos, in a bad pokedex voice. The two bird pokemon carried on with their wings, eventually provoking the now weak Tentacruel to use acid, which stuck Hooty to the deck. Pidge hit it one final time, and it fainted. Chaos returned Hooty and Pidge to their pokeballs, the aid dripping on the floor, then picked up Odd and Bulby. She ran straight through to Reception, demanding that a wounded Nurse Joy heal her pokemon. Chaos smirked, she had done that. While waiting, Chaos saw a small teleport light, and frowned.

Finished! (I think...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Alright, ya'll are reserved. :)And chaoticlapras, I'm going to go ahead and accept you despite the fact you didn't do an RP sample... I did some looking around here, and I know you're a good RPer. Juniebug, you're accepted, too! So once ShinyDiamond posts up his SU, we can start! :)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Name: Pyro

Pronunciation: PIE-row

Meaning: Very hot-headed, loves anything hot. Quick to anger easily.

Gender Role: Masculin, wanting to be the hero of the day.

Pokemon Species: Victini

Pokemon Appearance: The fangs are a little dull. His eyes are more shiny than usual, mostly all the time. Pyro wears a red cape around his neck, mostly to just goof off, & act like a hero.

Human Appearance: Pyro's hair is pretty spiky with dark-red color, that looks close to brown, & sun streaks. His eye color is sky blue, which is normal for some humans. His fangs are a tiny bit bigger, & only show when Pyro is smiling. He wears a red white-border jacket & a short-sleeved light-yellow shirt inside, which is quite wrinkled. Also sporting open-fingered red gloves with black on the palms. The lower body, he sports light-brown slacks & red fire-streak sneakers.

Personality: Pyro is a cocky little runt, never acting much of his age. He always wants to be the center of attention, which can get really annoying. He's always willing to help a friend in need, whether he/she were good or bad, or just plain nuts. When someone calls him cold, or anything relating to water, he gets steaming mad just as mad as Edward Elric. You'll usually find this guy pepped & ready to go, only fearing humans...& water. He also hates staying put no matter what. When the situation looks grim, he is relaxed, getting beat trapped in a cage etc., as if he were sitting on the couch eating chips.

History: Pyro was born from both Victini's, the father slightly taller. His life was mostly kept inside his home, only being allowed outside with his parents. At least when he went outside, he got to play with the other children he rarely met. His father showed him his strength inside him, how he could be of help. When their place was attacked by humans, Pyro's parents hid him with the other children & left. That was the last he ever saw them. They never mentioned humans actually killed Pokemon before, but he's determined to save his parents along with the other children.

Special abilities: Pyro can boost other's strength & morale by just the slightest touch for a limited time of 5 minutes, but only if he is feeling serious. This, however, tires him out easily & must recharge for the next 24 hours. He's still able to move, mind you!

Theme song!: It Doesn't Matter

RP Sample: (If I do this, it'll erase my whole SU!)

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Oi!!! I'm not finished yet!!! I'll finish my sign-up now. Thanks for accepting. See my updated SU, I wasn't sure about RP sample....

Last edited:

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
I know I'm not the GM, but sorry, only four people are allowed at the start. Maybe she will let you think up your character, but like I said, it's written below the blank SU that only four people will start.

Back