• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Why exactly?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Why did they leave out Opelucid city and go for Virbank instead?

I mean I have nothing against it because I watched the sub of the Virbank gym battle and it was great but Opelucid city was a major gym in the games and it also could've really helped to develop Iris's character.

I mean even Brycen told Ash to go to Opelucid City after the Icirrus gym battle.

Years
The main reason they made Virbank the 8th Gym in the anime was so they could advertise Black 2 & White 2. That's why they made the excuse that the Opelucid Gym was closed.

While I do admit leaving out Opelucid might affect Iris's development a bit, the anime is for advertising purposes, meaning they have to showcase new stuff that comes in the games.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well,I was going to say that they would probably go back there later before to Pokemon League to start bringing Plasma in,but I am not sure how that would work sense the city they are going to is on the other side. I don't even know if Plasma will even be in the Anime. I thought they were gonna get all the gym leaders in both games up so that the Plasma episodes would bring in the Gym Leaders.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Dude, there's still like a year until the next generation of games are likely to come put. They have plenty of time to go to Opelucid once they're done with the league and with showcasing stuff from B2W2.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like the others above said, they made the Virbank Gym the last gym in the anime to promote B2/W2. They most likely did the same thing to the Seigaiha Gym in a filler episode. There's still plenty of time for Opelucid to appear in the anime, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I thought Iris in the anime was from the Village of Dragons, not Opelucid? I assumed that's why they skipped it, to avoid total confusion between the games and anime.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I thought Iris in the anime was from the Village of Dragons, not Opelucid? I assumed that's why they skipped it, to avoid total confusion between the games and anime.
She's from the Village of Dragons in the games, too, though it wasn't mentioned until B2W2. Opelucid and VoD two separate places in both canons.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Oh right, I thought she was from Opelucid in the games *shrug*

Anyway

Spoiler:

Wasn't sure if that needed a spoiler tag with the title having SPOILER in it, but I thought I'd put it in just in case.

Back