The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Off-Topic
Uganda passes infamous "Kill the Gays" bill as a "Christmas gift to the nation"

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Old November 13th, 2012 (1:20 PM). Edited November 13th, 2012 by FreakyLocz14.
Conservative Patriot

Nature: Jolly
The Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament announced that the infamous "Kill the Gays Bill" will comes as a "Christmas gift to the nation" this year. The bill will makes the crime of "aggravated homosexuality" (which can be being convicted of homosexuality more than once) punishable by death.

http://www.queerty.com/for-christmas-this-year-ugandans-will-finally-get-their-kill-the-gays-bill-20121113/

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 13th, 2012 (1:26 PM).

"Christmas gift to the nation" Wow that's sick and wrong. Killing people just for being gay is very barbaric, uncivilized and wrong in my opinion.
Old November 13th, 2012 (2:09 PM).
It's... kinda effective?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
The Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament announced that the infamous "Kill the Gays Bill" will come as a "Christmas gift to the nation" this year. The bill will make the crime of "aggravated homosexuality" (which is being convicted of homosexuality more than once) punishable by death.

http://www.queerty.com/for-christmas-this-year-ugandans-will-finally-get-their-kill-the-gays-bill-20121113/
Religion at its finest folks. Prime example of Religious Indoctrination that has gone way to far.

Before you say this isn't about Religion, pay attention. It's the Christian Clerics who are wanting this passed as a Christmas gift.

Hell of a way to celebrate Christmas though. Something tells me that Jesus wouldn't want the blood of innocents as a birthday present.
Old November 13th, 2012 (2:14 PM).
CoquettishCat

Nature: Relaxed
I don't understand this article. First it says that the Speaker said "the bill, which originally prescribed the death penalty for certain homosexual acts, will become law this year", but the AP article quote says "The speaker then promised to consider the bill within two weeks", not pass it. Is there a big difference between politics in Uganda and politics in the US that is making this confusing?

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 13th, 2012 (2:21 PM).
A Letter in the Alphabet
PokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Mild
and this is why some places need a "Refresh" button. I can't say what they should or shouldn't do... it is their country after all. But I can say that this is pretty disturbing. We're all just people, love is love etc.
The killing of people for expressing their feelings towards each other is sickening really...
Old November 13th, 2012 (2:31 PM).
Legit Boss

Killing people because of their sexuality? Really?
It's not like if they chose to be gay, they were born like that.
That's pretty much barbaric. I could probably bet that in the middle age, they didn't even do these kind of stuffs.
Old November 13th, 2012 (4:04 PM).
Guide of Darkness

Just a little context, BBC says the death penalty clause is to be dropped.

Still horrendous though. But not entirely surprising. Homosexuality or not. This is Uganda. Mass killings for any number of reasons aren't actually unheard of there. So, wouldn't put it passed them
Old November 14th, 2012 (11:43 AM).
the first born unicorn

This is a prime of example of why there is to be separation of church state. While I do not deny their ability to hate people of other sexuality... I simply profess the belief that they should do it walled up in their buildings with their supporters. They can preach and teach whatever they want... but there must be an end in putting such theories to practice when it infringes upon the rights of others. That being said... this isn't America. They don't have the same liberties and protections that are fundamental to American political thought. And without those... it's much more pertinent to argue against the mass killing of people simply for being people, regardless of such things as sexuality. I imagine they'd sooner acquit a person than a homosexual. So by that conclusion... it'd be in the best interest to argue them as valued human lives as opposed to arguing for their right of sexuality.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links