Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old August 13th, 2013 (10:57 PM).

I just started rewatch pokemon, what happended to the people who make pokemon season 1-5 ? Why after season 6 everything is changed, ash getting younger and pikachu getting thinner. I can't find any information about this on google

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 14th, 2013 (5:36 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
New generation, new animation... it pretty much happens everytime new season comes...
Kanto + Johto + Orange Islands == Original Season and "6th" season is start of Advanced Generation.
If you are talking about american seasoning...
If you are talking about Japanese seasoning then... 6th season has not yet aired xD

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 14th, 2013 (7:35 AM).
-- the universe won't wait for you
Platinum Tier

Nature: Bold
Essentially what Ash493 says. I'm... not sure what you're seeing about Ash getting too much younger in Advanced, though. In AG and DP he seemed to retain a lot of his previous experience and was more of a mentor to May and Max in AG. His really big reset was in BW, where they scrapped his implied ageing and made him ten forever.

paqori region · pairs · emo pets · the multiverse
sometimes you only get one chance
Old August 14th, 2013 (11:31 PM).
Nature: Brave
Wait till you see the X and Y arc where Ash has gotten taller as well as skinnier. I am sure Pikachu would have slight modifications also.
Old August 15th, 2013 (2:47 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Yep, it happens almost every season because of new animation possibilities etc. and in general advancing technology. It will always happen at the start of a new season because well, it would be weird for Ash to suddenly change in a new episode, wouldn't it? And yes, Pikachu got thinner to match the better Sugimori proportions, I think. And yep, Ash should stay 10 so they can't afford to make him older, as they almost did. It wouldn't seem right for a big guy with a beard travelling on a journey with his Pikachu to become the "Pokémon Master", will it? lol
Old August 15th, 2013 (3:08 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Yep, it happens almost every season because of new animation possibilities etc. and in general advancing technology. It will always happen at the start of a new season because well, it would be weird for Ash to suddenly change in a new episode, wouldn't it? And yes, Pikachu got thinner to match the better Sugimori proportions, I think. And yep, Ash should stay 10 so they can't afford to make him older, as they almost did. It wouldn't seem right for a big guy with a beard travelling on a journey with his Pikachu to become the "Pokémon Master", will it? lol
^ Basically what he said. It's all part of the fact that the art style has been evolving over the years, if you notice how most Pokemon sprite art gets better with each new game you'll know this is carrying over to other Pokemon media as well like the anime. In fact, the anime even switched from cel shading to digital coloring towards the end of Johto.

And as for him always being 10? I guess they might have included some "no-aging" rule, but remember that his "resets" in every new region is all part of the fact the anime has to showcase the latest games, so sorta like advertising. It's all part of a marketing gimmick.

Sponsored Links