Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 4th, 2012 (4:59 PM).
Katamari's Avatar
Katamari Katamari is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 1,580
    This is pretty much in heavy rumor mode, but I've heard select Walmarts are already selling Black 2 and White 2. It's pretty much confirmed on Pokebeach, can anyone else conform it?
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old October 4th, 2012 (5:05 PM).
    WingedDragon's Avatar
    WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
    Competitive Trainer
       
      Join Date: May 2012
      Location: Milwaukee, WI
      Age: 29
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Serious
      Posts: 1,256
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
      This is pretty much in heavy rumor mode, but I've heard select Walmarts are already selling Black 2 and White 2. It's pretty much confirmed on Pokebeach, can anyone else conform it?

      Did you go to your local walmarts?
      __________________
      X- 2406 5987 8799
      PS3 - Mkeborn87
      IGN - Adrian
        #3    
      Old October 4th, 2012 (5:14 PM). Edited October 4th, 2012 by Xander Olivieri.
      Xander Olivieri's Avatar
      Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Gender: Other
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 5,601
        None of mine are, nor can they. They get the same pre-programmed message that all stores get.

        "Merchandise cannot be sold until xx/xx/xxxx."

        If a store is selling it prematurely, they are breaking the law and company policies. Which would result in Nintendo removing all of their hardware and software from their shelves. Walmart would never allow a hit like that to happen. Way too bad for business.


        After reading the thread on Pokebeach I know exactly what happened.

        October 1st, some clerk put the games out. October 2nd, Cruelbear went in and saw it, tried to buy it and the clerk got the warning about selling, then overrode the sale. Cruelbear posted his Reciet and it said NDS Game, which never appears on anything not under Walmart's Junk skin. So the Clerk bypassed the sales flag (which is illegal) and sold the game. No stores are currently selling the games as one other member called the same Walmart that Cruelbear bought his copy at and they said that the game wasn't for sale until this Sunday.
        __________________
          #4    
        Old October 4th, 2012 (5:32 PM).
        TrollShammy80's Avatar
        TrollShammy80 TrollShammy80 is offline
        Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
           
          Join Date: Sep 2010
          Location: Washington
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 297
          None in my state are yet that I have seen
          __________________

          Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
          RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
          RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
          "I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
          "I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
          www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
            #5    
          Old October 4th, 2012 (5:45 PM).
          Thomas's Avatar
          Thomas Thomas is offline
          HAIL HYDRA!
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2004
          Location: Lafayette, LA
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 5,970
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
          None of mine are, nor can they. They get the same pre-programmed message that all stores get.

          "Merchandise cannot be sold until xx/xx/xxxx."

          If a store is selling it prematurely, they are breaking the law and company policies. Which would result in Nintendo removing all of their hardware and software from their shelves. Walmart would never allow a hit like that to happen. Way too bad for business.
          If one store was doing it, they would be fined (I wanna say the fine is well over $1000 maybe even a few thousand per instance). If one store continually kept breaking street date then they may take their games/hardware out of that store...even then that action wouldn't be taken unless they had to. Walmart is probably the biggest games retailer in the United States, so I doubt that would ever happen to the entire chain of stores.

          As far as some store selling it early...I don't doubt it. You see this a lot with high profile games/electronics.
          __________________
            #6    
          Old October 4th, 2012 (6:14 PM).
          Xander Olivieri's Avatar
          Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 5,601
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
            If one store was doing it, they would be fined (I wanna say the fine is well over $1000 maybe even a few thousand per instance). If one store continually kept breaking street date then they may take their games/hardware out of that store...even then that action wouldn't be taken unless they had to. Walmart is probably the biggest games retailer in the United States, so I doubt that would ever happen to the entire chain of stores.

            As far as some store selling it early...I don't doubt it. You see this a lot with high profile games/electronics.
            The three that surround the store I work in has had the merchandise removed from the shelved twice already. Once for the duration of a day, the second time for an entire week. Both because of instances like this. The Week long one was because they dropped the price of the 3DS a week early so Walmart lost a week's worth of sales while the games and systems were redistributed to other stores. Its a reoccuring thing with Walmart.

            Also Walmart's electronic sales locally are below that than my Toys R Us and we don't sell half of what they do. Course three of them are right buy a Toys R Us, Best Buy, three Game stops, two Targets, and a three small specialty game stores, all of which have lower prices on various items within their electronic section.

            I even corrected one of them on prices for their games because they were selling like seven or eight for full price when all of them were dropped to clearance everywhere else. They said they couldn't do anything about it. XD
            __________________
              #7    
            Old October 4th, 2012 (6:18 PM).
            Katamari's Avatar
            Katamari Katamari is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2012
              Posts: 1,580
              I know GameStop employees get games early too (which totally sucks but I guess most jobs have some kind of perk) but it's not completely unknown for games to be released early.

              It seemed pretty easy to believe for me, TheKeybladeLord got a copy of LBP for his Vita like a week before release date :o
              __________________
                #8    
              Old October 4th, 2012 (6:21 PM).
              Xander Olivieri's Avatar
              Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2010
                Gender: Other
                Nature: Hasty
                Posts: 5,601
                Gamestop just pull theirs out of the storage and pay for them when the release hits. Some stores even do the borrow thing so that the associates can be on top of the games they sale. One of them by me does both. Course that store gets into so much trouble and is close to closing that I don't think they care anymore.
                __________________
                  #9    
                Old October 4th, 2012 (6:57 PM).
                Mr. X's Avatar
                Mr. X Mr. X is offline
                It's... kinda effective?
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2006
                Location: London
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 2,385
                Stores are selling it early, but its random. Store in your area might be, might not be.

                The dumpers are having a lot of fun trying to dump this game though.
                  #10    
                Old October 4th, 2012 (7:07 PM).
                Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Gender: Other
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 5,601
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
                  Stores are selling it early, but its random. Store in your area might be, might not be.

                  The dumpers are having a lot of fun trying to dump this game though.
                  That's just it, no store can sell them early. If they are, they are breaking the law. None of the systems allow you to sell them normally so you can't return them either cause the receipts won't recognize the game.

                  Street dated material cannot be sold before the date. There are no exceptions to that outside of the main company doing it out of pocket. Which means that someone from Nintendo has to go around with games in their vehicle and sell them by hand with no computers which I don't believe they do.
                  __________________
                    #11    
                  Old October 4th, 2012 (7:33 PM).
                  WingedDragon's Avatar
                  WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
                  Competitive Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2012
                    Location: Milwaukee, WI
                    Age: 29
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 1,256
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                    That's just it, no store can sell them early. If they are, they are breaking the law. None of the systems allow you to sell them normally so you can't return them either cause the receipts won't recognize the game.

                    Street dated material cannot be sold before the date. There are no exceptions to that outside of the main company doing it out of pocket. Which means that someone from Nintendo has to go around with games in their vehicle and sell them by hand with no computers which I don't believe they do.

                    I pre-ordered my copy so i guess I cant get it early huh? XD. Its ok sunday is only 3 days away :)
                    __________________
                    X- 2406 5987 8799
                    PS3 - Mkeborn87
                    IGN - Adrian
                      #12    
                    Old October 4th, 2012 (8:06 PM).
                    Mr. X's Avatar
                    Mr. X Mr. X is offline
                    It's... kinda effective?
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2006
                    Location: London
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 2,385
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                    That's just it, no store can sell them early. If they are, they are breaking the law. None of the systems allow you to sell them normally so you can't return them either cause the receipts won't recognize the game.

                    Street dated material cannot be sold before the date. There are no exceptions to that outside of the main company doing it out of pocket. Which means that someone from Nintendo has to go around with games in their vehicle and sell them by hand with no computers which I don't believe they do.
                    Being illegal doesn't stop it.

                    They are still being sold, and it's not by Ninty. The stores do have the game already, just not on shelves, and while the scanners won't recgonize the game all the clerk has to do is override it, and input the price manually.

                    Anyway, I'll just leave this here.
                      #13    
                    Old October 4th, 2012 (8:16 PM).
                    Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
                    Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
                    • Developer
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2004
                    Location: New Jersey
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 17,242
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
                    I know GameStop employees get games early too (which totally sucks but I guess most jobs have some kind of perk) but it's not completely unknown for games to be released early.

                    It seemed pretty easy to believe for me, TheKeybladeLord got a copy of LBP for his Vita like a week before release date :o
                    Whoever you're getting that information from is feeding you lies. Granted, I'm sure some employees find a way to get them early since they stock them early, but typically GameStop employees get the games the same time as everyone else if they aren't working when it comes out. If they are working, they get them after everyone else when their shift ends or during a break of whenever they can.
                      #14    
                    Old October 4th, 2012 (8:51 PM).
                    Zarthga's Avatar
                    Zarthga Zarthga is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2009
                      Location: Nevada
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Sassy
                      Posts: 5
                      It actually is true, but if they do sell you a copy early, they're breaking the law.
                      From what I heard, it has to be a really ghetto Walmart or Target, and you apparently have to pay them extra. But yeah, it's pretty dang illegal.
                        #15    
                      Old October 4th, 2012 (9:47 PM).
                      Rambagos's Avatar
                      Rambagos Rambagos is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2012
                        Location: Indonesia
                        Age: 20
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 113
                        As information I got, they won't sell BW2 and just keep them in storage. Like we have confirmed before from Official site, BW2 will ready selling out on 7 Oktober. Ohh wait, 3 days later BW2 will released. Urrrmm.. probably only certain peoples can bought them early.
                          #16    
                        Old October 5th, 2012 (1:34 AM).
                        Bobbylicious Bobbylicious is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2012
                          Location: Australia
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 925
                          I made a thread about this on another forum, I don't live in the US so I can't confirm it, but someone replied with this;

                          "Yup. Checked at the Walmart I used to work at, they've already started selling them. On their system it said to put them out on the shelves earlier yesterday.
                          Can't pick up a copy anytime soon though, I'm broke."

                          He lives in West Virginia.

                          Not that related but it kinda is so imma post it anyway.
                          But I managed to get Ocarina of Time 3DS about a week and a half before official release in Australia. Something like stores imported it from Europe or something, and you could only get the game early if you had pre ordered it, and even then. You had to go up and directly ask them for it as they couldn't sell it to them. Or something like that.
                            #17    
                          Old October 5th, 2012 (5:53 AM).
                          Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                          Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Gender: Other
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 5,601
                            I talked with a district supervisor today and she called her corporate to ask them. According to them, no, none should be sold yet and they are going to start investigating the claims.

                            So thier head honchoes say that they aren't supposed to. Gunna lock this thread now since the games will be out in about 40ish hours.
                            __________________
                            Closed Thread
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:36 PM.