Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2013 (1:05 PM). Edited July 21st, 2014 by Rezordaxx.
Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
    Hi Pokecommunity,

Welcome to this thread of my new hack called: Pokémon Z Version!
    I can hear you thinking what this hack is going to be about!
    AWH YEAH a Dragon Ball Z hack on Pokémon!

Its gonna be a hack with the exact storyline of DragonBall Z.
    In case you dont know the DragonBall Z storyline,
    I put it in this spoiler (it is long):
    Spoiler:
    When DragonBallZ Begins Goku has grown up from the young boy in DragonBall. He has a son, Gohan, with his wife ChiChi. This suprises Goku's friends that we meet in the first episodes, Krillin, Bulma, Turtle, and Master Roshi. It's not long before trouble starts. Goku's evil brother Raditz, crashes their party and tells Goku that he is an Saiyan(alien) from the planet Vegeta. Piccolo, the gang's former enemy, helps Goku defeat Raditz along with the help of Gohan's hidden powers. But Goku loses his life in this fight. Just before Raditz dies he informs them of two more Saiyan aliens on their way to earth. Piccolo takes Gohan to train him for their arrival, while Goku in the next dimention, to train with King Kai, the ultimate teacher. The rest of the Z Fighters train with Kame at Korrin's tower. The two Saiyan warriors, Prince Vegeta and is royal partner, Napa, arrived one year from then. The Z Fighters go to face them but Goku has not arrived yet. Yamcha, ChouitZou, and Tien die, and does Piccolo when he sacrafices himself to save Gohan. When Goku FINALLY arrived he defeats Nappa easily and faces Vegeta in A VERY close fight but in the end Prince Vegeta escapes. The gang wants to wish back their fallen comrades but because of Piccolo's death the mistical Dragon Balls that they would use to do this have vanished. So the survivors, Krillin and Gohan(Goku was not healthy enough to leave yet), leave with Bulma to find the original set of Dragon Balls on the planet Namek. In doing this our small band has gotten involved in a galactic scramble for the Dragon Balls. Both the rebelious Prince Vegeta and Freeza, his presumed boss, want inmortality. When Vegeta causes too much trouble for him Freeza sends his Ginyu force which would have finshed Vegeta and the others, who had conbined their forces, if Goku hadn't arrived just in time. Goku goes up against the awsome captain Ginyu who has the power to switch bodies with his opponent. Goku finally defeats him by turning him into a frog. With the help of Vegeta Goku is rivived and they make their wishes on Namek(for their friends to return). Then they all go to battle Freeza. When Kurillin is killed in the battle Goku is majorly pissed off and he finds the power to becomes the legendary Super Saiyan for the first time. In his Super Saiyan form Goku defeats Freeza and they all get off Namek as soon as possible before it explodes(By Freeza's powers). Soon the gang realises that Freeza has returned in Cyborg form with his even more powerful father, King Cold. At this point a teenager from the future, named Trunks, arrives and defeats them both easily. He then warns them of Goku's disease and gives him medicine for it. He also warns them of the two Cyborgs and where they will first appear. In the future these Android fighters destoy the world and cause destruction every where they go. Trunks said that they were unprepared for their arrival and were no match for the Cyborgs so he came back in a time machine his mother built to warn them and give Goku medicine so that he could help them fight. He tells Goku that he is Vegeta's and Bulma's son.And came to warn them of comming threats, android 17 and 18, and he warns Goku of his heart condition and gives him medicine for it so that he can help them in the future. Everyone returns to their to train for the Androids arrival. When the Androids do arrive they go to face them. Trunks comes back from the future once more to see how things were going. When he saw the androids he said that those were Androids but they aren't the ones he knew. These fighters were #15 and the androids creator, Dr. Gero. Dr. Gero retreated to his lab to activate #17 and #18, the horrible androids that Trunks knew. Once #17 and #18 are activated they activate the highly experemental model #16. They prove the week to battle #17 and #18(#16 did not fight) and the cyborg trio continued on their way to forfill there one purpose, to kill Goku. Goku was at home lying in bed weak from his illness that Trunks warned them about. The Z-fighters go to train so that they can face the androids again. Suddenly several of the Z-fighters, including Trunks, pick up a strange "ki" or power. This power seemed to be be Piccolo's power, Goku's power, and other strange "ki"s all in one. Trunks went to investigate. At the site where thay had felt the power he found his old time machine that he had used to travel back the first time. Someone from the future had followed Trunks back in time. He also found a cracked egg shell. They soon found the evil creature that had hatched. He called himself Cell. He explained that Cell was a biological cyborg, made up fron celles from each of the strongest fighters in the world, Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, etc. Cell also told them that when he combined with #17 and #18 that he would become perfect Cell. And that he would be the perfect fighter and nobody could defeat him. #17 attemts to face Cell but Cell sucks up #17 and is just one step closer to becoming pefect. #16 takes #18 and hides. Cell goes searching for them. Vegeta goes to battle Cell. Vegeta who has improved very much, and gone beyond a Super Saiyan, was having a pretty easy time beatting up on Cell. But then Vegeta's Saiyan instinct had to perk up. Vegeta wanted a strong opponent so he let Cell escape to find #18 and become perfect. Cell did combine with #18 and he became complete. Then he wished to host a World Martial Arts Tournament, he called "The Cell Game's", to have fun with his new strength. The rules were: If you stepped out of the ring you lose, If you die you lose, If no one could defeat Cell he would destroy the earth. In this time, in an attempt to become stronger, Piccolo combined with Kame. They could not separate again so Dende, an old friend from Namek was chosen as the new Gaurdian of the earth and he revived the Dragon Balls. There where ten days before the Cell games would begin. Goku and his friends took it easy the days before the Cell game instead of training like mad like Vegeta, Piccolo, and others. Goku's friends wondered if it was a good idea to do so. But Goku reasured them. The 10 days were up soon enough and the Cell game begins. Once Goku had a chance to fight Cell for a while he said that Gohan could defeat Cell. But Gohan has trouble finding the power inside him that his dad knew was there. A long a terrible battle rages. When Trunks is killed Vegeta rage's. Later in a vein attempt to defeat Cell, Goku grabs him and teleports to King Kai's planet, and blows it up. King Kai was complaining to Goku about his choice of death place as their spirits were floating around in the next next dimention(i geuss, i dont know where), when they realizied that they didn't feel Cell's "ki" or power with them. Cell was not dead(Well, doesn't that kind of Suck). There was still just one cell left from Cell's body, and useing his ability to regenerate to the max, he regenerated his entire body. The others continue to fight Cell. And in the end they defeat him. after the Cell game there is 6-7 year gap. when they pick up the story Gohan is in high school. He has a younger brother, named Goten, and Vegeta has started training with Trunks. Gohan asked Bulma for her help. He wanted a disgise so that he could help with crime in Satan city without anyone knowing who he was. He goes around as a super hero called The great Saiya man. Mr. Satan's daughter, sees through his disgise and black mails him into teaching her how to fly. there is a World Martial Arts tournoment comming up. she also gets him to enter. The prophet Baba, gives Goku 24 hours on earth so that he may enter as well. Trunks and Goten also wish to enter too but the were young so they had to enter in the kids tournoment. They didn't like that. Later in the competition they dress up like an adult so that they can enter the REAL tournament, as they say. A new evil arises in a different dimention however. The evil Majin Buu is released by an evil wizard. Buu escape into this dimention along with two powerful thrill-seekers. The Z Fighters must face Buu a super strong fighter that(don't ask) has the ability to turn people into food and eat them, and absorbing their power as well. For a while they manage to keep Buu under control until he erupts in rage and goes on a killing spree when the two trouble makers from the other dimention shoot the puppy that Buu fell in love with. After a long and caustly Battle they manage to defeat him.

NEW BOX ART!:
    Spoiler:

Old Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

New Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Hope you guys think it is awesome,
    And I hope you guys will help me!

See ya,

SUPPORT BANNERS :

My hack

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 26th, 2013 (9:20 PM).
    Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Nature: Quirky
      Holy.. crap. When I first saw the thread, I was like "Okay, a demake of Pokemon X/Y. That could be cool."

But, a Pokemon game based on Dragon Ball Z? That sounds... intense.

Definitely one of the more creative hacks out there. I've never even heard of this being attempted. Best of luck on this.

I'll certainly check up on this to see how it goes.

Some say the world will end in fire,
      Some say in ice.
      From what I've tasted of desire
      I hold with those who favor fire.
      But if it had to perish twice,
      I think I know enough of hate
      To say that for destruction ice
      Is also great
      And would suffice.
      Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | The Leola Project

Old October 26th, 2013 (9:53 PM).
      Order Must Be Restored

Now This...Is Awesome. I'm really interested in the changes you're going to make to the moves and how you'll incorporate the dbz style & feel into the hack. Goodluck with this!
        Old October 26th, 2013 (10:15 PM).
        Banned

I cant believe this DBZ put in pokemon Amazingg!! thank god for pokemon rom hacker good job i will be playing this when out
          Old October 26th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
          Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
            YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES AND YES FOR MORE THEN 10000099999 TIMES YESSS !! I had been waiting for a Dragonball z hack to made i am a die hard fan of Dragonball series and i have watched almost all the episode from all the series i hope it will be one of the best hack thank you sooo much for making this hack thanksss

My Club |Paired With IndianCharizard |
            "I CAN'T LET YOU TOUCH MY FAMILY!!!!!"

Old October 26th, 2013 (10:59 PM).

I honestly feel like the hack should've been called Pokéball Z

Some say in ice.
              Is also great
              And would suffice.

Old October 26th, 2013 (11:22 PM).
              Pianoist

Nature: Serious
                I-I'll be waiting for the beta!
                Making me your beta tester!!
                Old October 27th, 2013 (2:12 AM). Edited October 27th, 2013 by Yuuki_Asura.
                Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD

Nature: Lax
                  One of my Favorite Animes In a pokemon hack. Awesome Level 9999!!!!
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
                  I honestly feel like the hack should've been called Pokéball Z
                  I like the title, Winter .. Pokéball Z..the more i think about it.the more Awesome it Sounds
                  Old October 27th, 2013 (2:49 AM).
                  Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Naive
                    the awesomeness of this hack is OVER 9000!! I can't wait for a beta of this, and I wish you good luck on creating this awesome hack

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, and a few others who either have large banners or none at all.
                    I'm often not on, but when I am, I show my support in likes :-D
                    School is back in session. Time to stress out and disappear (even more so than before).
                    Old October 27th, 2013 (2:59 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JcB0619 View Post
                      One of my Favorite Animes In a pokemon hack. Awesome Level 9999!!!!^^
                      I like the title, Winter .. Pokéball Z..the more i think about it.the more Awesome it Sounds
                      It's definitely a opportunity that shouldn't be passed up.

C'mon, Rezordaxx. Seize the opportunity for an epic name!

Some say in ice.
                      Is also great
                      And would suffice.

Old October 27th, 2013 (3:02 AM).
                      Everyone is a child of the sea
                      • Crystal Tier

So, A mix between Pokémon and Dragonball Z?

My childhood summarized and combined :O
                      Definitely gonna play this!

Thanks alot for this, I'm sure it will be more than amazing

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                      Old October 27th, 2013 (3:49 AM).
                      •=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
                        Ermagherd..... This is the first time I saw someone make a Pokemon hack based on DBZ I have a really strong feeling that this hack will be really popular I hope you can finish this hack because I'm gonna play it Good Luck!

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
                        PHO Account: XLR8
                        LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
                        Old October 27th, 2013 (8:14 AM).
                        Kik: spazzyda59

Nature: Hasty
                          WOW THIS IS JUST SIMPLY AMAZING !!!!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE A HACK LIKE THIS... THERE USED TO BE A POKEMON HACK CALLED POKEMON SILVER Z AND RED HACK... BUT IT WAS JUST LIKE A NORMAL POKEMON GAME.... BUT THIS !!! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL :D :D!!!!! DON'T QUIT MAN !!!!
                          Old October 27th, 2013 (7:19 PM).
                          Elite Saiyan

A Pokémon hack with DragonBall theme, eh? Hope all will go well for you. Other than inaccurate names from the FUNimation dub, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
                            the awesomeness of this hack is OVER 9000!! I can't wait for a beta of this, and I wish you good luck on creating this awesome hack
                            I really hate that meme. It's been done to death, already. Just so you know, that 9000 line is very inaccurate to the original Japanese version.

Vegetto: "Kakarrot and Vegeta have been combined, so I guess that makes me Vegetto."

Old October 28th, 2013 (8:21 AM).
                            Memento Mori
                            • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by DBKHD View Post
                            Just so you know, that 9000 line is very inaccurate to the original Japanese version.
                            That's why it's a popular meme/phrase.
                            If it was translated correctly as OVER 8000, no would give a damn =)
                            It's meme because it was mistranslated (and because how Vegeta's English VA empathized it but that's secondary xD)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                            Old October 28th, 2013 (8:45 AM).

I love this hack !!!!! I want play this hack !!!!!!!
                              I think it would be more cool if pokemon will be the minions of frieza or something else.

I cant wait !!!!

Old October 28th, 2013 (11:45 AM).

I just realized that evolutions are going to be varying degrees of super saiyans.

However, I'm curious as to how you're going to implement the Patara ear rings, or the fusion dance. Like Gotenks, Vegito, and Gogeta.

Some say in ice.
                                Is also great
                                And would suffice.

Old October 28th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
                                Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
                                  I'll make this post quick. DragonBall in Pokemon would be pure...awesome.
                                  You have to be very talented and creative to come up with something like this. Good luck with the hack and I can't wait for it to be done!!!

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
                                  Old October 28th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
                                  Everyone is a child of the sea
                                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                  I just realized that evolutions are going to be varying degrees of super saiyans.
                                  Now that I think of that...
                                  Spoiler:

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                  Old October 28th, 2013 (1:53 PM).
                                  xJownage

not a huge fan of dragon ball z, but i WILL play this. this game looks awesome. good luck.

Old October 31st, 2013 (2:09 AM).
                                    Resident Programmer

Nature: Adamant
                                      Wow a dragonball-pokemon game? That sounds amazing

Very well best of luck on you!
                                      Old October 31st, 2013 (11:18 PM). Edited November 1st, 2013 by Rezordaxx.
                                      Asks many questions!

THANK YOU SO MUTCH FOR THE REACTIONS!

I will release the first demo after the sayain saga finished it will be in a little time,
                                        So have patience!
                                        THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Edit ; I got to late at school because I was reading the comments lol,

Double edit: ive got an EDIT in the main post

My hack
                                        Old November 1st, 2013 (4:14 PM). Edited November 1st, 2013 by Rezordaxx.
                                        Asks many questions!

Quote:

However, I'm curious as to how you're going to implement the Patara ear rings, or the fusion dance. Like Gotenks, Vegito, and Gogeta.
                                          No i am not going to do it by evolution! Cause Goku and the otherd can transform back from ssj to normal form so if i wil make it by evolution you can never go back to your normal form or a early form of super saiyan!

So the system I tought of was :

The pokemon menu in the start menu is disabeld until the end of the frieza saga ( super saiyan 1 ) then the pokemon menu activates and the menu is going to be renamed with SuperSaiyan or SSJ its just whats fitting in,

So lets break it down:

You start with one fakemon pokemon z-fighter or whatever you guys want to call it lol,
                                          And no pokemon menu
                                          Once you reach the frieza saga you will unlock the pokemon menu (SSJ Menu) and you wil get another Fakemon ( Goku (SSJ))
                                          Once you reach the android saga i believe you get another fakemon (Goku(SSJ2))
                                          Then Buu saga another fakemon (Goku (SSJ3))
                                          And afterwards maybe a sidequest for SSJ4
                                          And maybe the great ape and golden great ape to get the slots filled up!

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Grandmasterboom View Post
                                          not a huge fan of dragon ball z, but i WILL play this. this game looks awesome. good luck.
                                          I think you dont really need to be a Dragon ball fan to play!
                                          Cause it is still a hack based of a pokemon game and it is still the pokemon engine
                                          And in the way of battling you wil still recognize the pokemon eay of playing

And we are all Pokémon fans thats why we are on this forum!

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by MiniMinum View Post
                                          I'll make this post quick. DragonBall in Pokemon would be pure...awesome.
                                          You have to be very talented and creative to come up with something like this. Good luck with the hack and I can't wait for it to be done!!!
                                          Thankyou I Really appreciate it!

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
                                          Now This...Is Awesome. I'm really interested in the changes you're going to make to the moves and how you'll incorporate the dbz style & feel into the hack. Goodluck with this!
                                          Holy cow!
                                          A reaction from the maker of Dark Rising!
                                          I am glad you like it!
                                          I really like your hack to!
                                          Ive just finished it.
                                          Thankyou!

My hack
                                          Old November 2nd, 2013 (12:05 AM).

Will be gyms in this hack ? and who will be the bad team ? and why this hack is so awsome ?!!!! :D

Old November 2nd, 2013 (1:01 AM).
                                            Winter Wonderland Winter Wonderland is offline

So, you're only playable as Goku? No section with Gohan or anything?

Some say in ice.
                                              Is also great
                                              And would suffice.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply