• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wasn't flirting!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
"You were totally flirting with her!!" - friend
"I was? ...But I was just being nice." - me

Does this happen to you often? Say you're with a friend and you're at a store and the sales person comes over and after you're done, your friend tells you that you were flirting with her or him, and you reply with the above response. Do you sometimes flirt unintentionally? Are you able to draw a line between nice and flirting? I'm not.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Occasionally I'll do this. But I can't exactly tell when. Apparently smiling and being polite is considered flirting. :P I mean you can't exactly talk to a person with a somber demeanor.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
It happens constantly with me actually. Why the people in my area are so stingy I have no clue honestly.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
This happens to me a lot, but slightly different. I have this best friend, and I've known him for years, which makes me quite comfortable around him. My new friends, who don't really understand me, think I always flirt with him -- which I honestly don't.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
This happens to me a lot. I don't care what they think; if they think I'm flirting then that is up to them. I even tell them I'm not.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont really flirt, I don't think I ever have flirted unconciously with another person, being nice and polite isnt the same thing as flirting.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I'm not this type of person at all. In fact I'm the opposite because of my shyness - people think when I'm trying really hard to be nice that I'm actually being mean and don't like them because I'm so quiet.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Occasionally I'll do this. But I can't exactly tell when. Apparently smiling and being polite is considered flirting. :P I mean you can't exactly talk to a person with a somber demeanor.

This basically .. but im not going to be rude on purpose. I find it only happens around dudes that seem desperate for a girlfriend anyways. I try to dro the boyfriend bomb on them so they get the hint. Gladly it.doesnt happen all too often or anything.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I kinda flirt a lot, so it's not a surprise if one of my friends claim I was flirting with someone, even if it was unintentional.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Sometimes it looks like I'm flirting when I'm always with my crush asking questions. And people ask why I'm always with her or why I like her. Sometimes I do it towards other girls, I'm that type of lonely guy.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never had this experience, but I've actually had the opposite.

My best friend Lauren is a terrible wing man. One time I was trying to flirt with this guy at the Virgin store (lmao I know how that sounds, but I do mean Virgin the phone company... I was not trying to buy myself a virgin) and she was just totally oblivious. I asked her why she didn't help me when we were walking away, and she said she had no idea that I was even interested in him.

Go figure. I suck at flirting lmao.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
To be honest, I find flirting kind of offensive, though it depends on who it's coming from.

When I compliment someone, I do it genuinely, not because I want to get in their pants or anything. I feel that the best way to make someone feel good and the best way to brighten up their day is to tell them how pretty their look, or how fashionable they are, things like that, yeah? I don't think that's flirting in any sense, and I can't see how it would be...

Back