Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old November 28th, 2012 (5:47 AM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by LaureTheLoner.

Nature: Naive
    INTRO:
    Hey I've been away lately but December approaches and that means I put on my lazy pants and return to my DS for a rousing game of Pokemon. If you're not familiar with me, Hi, I'm Laure and I've had challenges on here before, like my other challenges (I believe I had seasons, Game of Thrones (sorry I wasn't able to really participate in that) you simply pick a path and follow the rules that come along with it.

In this particular challenge you get to pick between 3 different time periods, may be adding others later. When you start your new game pick the era you want, follow the rules, have fun.

Basic Rules:
    When did you beat the challenge? Simple, when the credits roll. After you beat elite 4, or a super rival, basically when Nintendo reminds you that every Japanese citizen worked on this game. You might be saying, Laure, you're cray cray, I'm playing G/S/C or HG/SS the credits roll half way through the game. Well to that I say, you're in luck 2nd geners, the challenge is a bit different for you. I'll elaborate more once you get to your era of choice.

BUTTTTTTTT Laure I wanna trade and hack some Pokemon in, you say, well too bad. This challenge isn't that tough to go to that necessary, you may only trade or hack or do whatever odd things you people do to evolve certain Pokemon.

You must have at least 4 Pokemon in your party before obtaining the 6th badge.

NO LEGENDS. THAT'S LIKE POKEMON STEROIDS. DO YOU KNOW WHAT POKEMON STEROIDS DO TO YOUR TESTICLES?

Keep me updated on what's going on with your challenge please, updates every other badge would be lovely, post pictures give me a status on your team (unless in you're in risk of double posting of course than please edit the previous post).

That's really it on basic rules. Just no cheating Game Shark, or whatever you whippersnappers use nowadays. Anyway, Time Warp Time, let's check out the era and the rules that go with them.

Jurassic Jam
    • Your Team May be Built of: Any Fire Types, Any reptilain Pokemon, Grass Types, Bugs (no crazy interpretations, if it has scales and isn't a fish it's a reptiles)
    • Mandatory: If your game allows you to collect a fossil and revive it that Pokemon must be on your team, so if you're playing 1st gen you will have both Aerodactyl and the other fossil Pokemon
    • Banned: No Ice Types, No Electric Types, what are you trying to do? Destroy dinosaurs with your ice age. I don't want any of that business.
    • Era Rules: YOU MAY NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE POKEMART, money doesn't exist. And no you can't barter, because the hard miniumn wage workers at the Pokemart don't accept chickens or dino dung
    • Second Gen Rules: Once you set foot on Kanto dragon types are unlocked and allowed on your team

Westward Expansion
    • Your Team May be Built of: Any Normal type (unless they are from the fairy egg group, Clefairy, Togepei, etc.), Ghost Types (all dem dead cowboys), Rock Types, and any horse Pokemon and/or cow/deer
    • Mandatory: Gen 1 - Rapidash / Gen 2 - Onix ( can't evolve it sucka) / Gen 3 - Nosepass / Gen 4 - Rotom, but no forms allowed / Gen 5 - Sandile
    • Banned: No Pink colored Pokemon, No Electric Types, No Water Types (have fun with your drought)
    • Era Rules: No Rotom Forms, You may only use the Pokemart after cashing in nuggets or selling other items you find
    • Second Gen Rules: Once you touch foot on Kanto Steel types may join your team (ur Onix may evolve if you want it to)

The Sci-Fi Like Future
    • Your Team May be Built of: Electric Types, Steel Types, Psychic Types
    • Mandatory: Magnezone (or lesser evolution if earlier game) and/or Unown, 1 Pure Poison Type
    • Banned: No Grass Types, No Water Types, No Ghosts
    • Era Rules: No buying Pokeballs, may only use those you find.
    • Second Gen Rules: Once you touch foot on Kanto dark types are allowed on your team

Will add a Champions list later.

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 28th, 2012 (11:10 PM).

Sounds like fun. I'm thinking of doing the Sci-Fi Like Future era in Blaze Black 2.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      Old November 28th, 2012 (11:53 PM).

How about an Egyptian period?
        Allowed: Ground, ghost, normal, bug, poison and flying.
        Banned: Water, electric, and steel.
        Mandatory: Cat, Beetle, Snake, and Bird.
        Added rules: Sphinx Rule: At least half of your Pokemon cannot have a visible nose. Slave rule: You are a slave building a pyramid. You have no money, only the stuff you find.
        2nd Gen: Fighting is allowed (rebellion).

I think that this could be an interesting addition.

Supporter of crappy banners
        Old November 29th, 2012 (5:19 AM).
        Me!

Nature: Rash
          I would like to sign up for the Jurassic Jam. I'll be going for lotsa bugs ;3.

Username: 11wildy
          Game: Ruby
          Time: Jurassic
          Team: Beautifly/Dustox (depends on who Wurmple evolves into), Masquarain, Ninjask, Armaldo.

This team fits all criteria, I'll start later today ;3.
          Old November 29th, 2012 (6:47 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
            I would like to sign up for the Jurassic Jam. I'll be going for lotsa bugs ;3.

Username: 11wildy
            Game: Ruby
            Team: Beautifly/Dustox (depends on who Wurmple evolves into), Masquarain, Ninjask, Armaldo.

This team fits all criteria, I'll start later today ;3.
            You're going to have a bad time against Flannery. You get the rock type afterwards, so all you really have is speed, and power.

Old November 29th, 2012 (9:03 AM).
            Me!

I'll hold up Surskits evolution until it gets Bubblebeam, at level 25. It will help a bit. Or maybe I shouldn't evolve Surskit until after the Flannery battle, because of fire neutral? Which wont matter with Sun boosted overheats so meh D:
              Old November 29th, 2012 (9:36 AM). Edited November 29th, 2012 by jdthebud.
              Engineering Solutions
              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
              The 2nd Gen rule for the SciFi era is redundant. What's the real rule, Laure? Seems like you forgot to edit it or something.
              Old November 29th, 2012 (12:18 PM). Edited November 29th, 2012 by 11wildy.
              Me!

So I started my challenge, took me a while to find a Surskit, I'm happy I was able to catch the first one. I then reached Rustboro without many problems. I also caught a Nincada there. Currently I'm grinding for Roxanne. Main strategy going to be Absorb and Bubble spam with Surskit and Beautifly, while Nincada can support.

Edit: I beat Roxanne, using Bubble for Geodude, then Nincada spamming Sand-Attack and Harden against Nosepass and eventually killing it with Leech Life.
                I also beat Brawly using Nincada's Harden and Sand-Attack, after beautifly fell after an unlucky crit.
                Now grinding a little for the rival battle just after Slateport.

Another edit: The rival battle was epic. After beautifly Paralysed Wailmer and damaged it a little, Wailmer started to spam Rollout, sweeping through my team, leaving only Ninjask alive. Ninjask then uses Fury Cutter twice, in which Wailmer missed the 5th Rollout! Ninjask then nicely kills the Numel, taking an Ember in the process, then lastly it defeats Grovyle as well!

As I can't use the Pokemart, I assume I cannot use the Game Corner either, but what about Slateport market?
                Old November 29th, 2012 (10:20 PM).

Screw it.

Username: Honeyman
                  Game: Crystal
                  Time Period: Jurassic
                  Planned Team: Meganium, Ledian, Arbok, Arcanine, Shuckle, and (if water types are allowed) Mantine. If not, Bellossom.

Old November 30th, 2012 (4:32 AM).
                  Me!

Insane gym leaders battles were done! Wattson's Magneton was taken down by Masquarain after it was paralysed by Beautifly's stun spore, it wouldn't land a hit, and Masquarain even critted him to death! I love Masquarain now! And Flannery was swept by Ninjask, who used swords dance 3 times after the first Slugma was at -6 sp atk. Then Dig sweep, all OHKOs. Then I caught a Anorith, which I'm currently grinding.

Now I really need to know if I can use Slateport market shops or not, so I can buy a few more Secret power and Hidden power TMs...
                    Old November 30th, 2012 (7:58 AM).

Quote:
                      Insane gym leaders battles were done! Wattson's Magneton was taken down by Masquarain after it was paralysed by Beautifly's stun spore, it wouldn't land a hit, and Masquarain even critted him to death! I love Masquarain now! And Flannery was swept by Ninjask, who used swords dance 3 times after the first Slugma was at -6 sp atk. Then Dig sweep, all OHKOs. Then I caught a Anorith, which I'm currently grinding.

Now I really need to know if I can use Slateport market shops or not, so I can buy a few more Secret power and Hidden power TMs...
                      Just wondering... Are you going to use two more bug types like heracross or pinsir?

Old December 1st, 2012 (1:12 AM).
                      Me!

Nope, I hate having to grind up so many Pokemon! 4 is a lot already and I can't beat Norman unless I grind a lot, since I don't have many healing items left ;(

But can I use the Slateport market or the league shop or not...?
                        Old December 1st, 2012 (1:26 AM).

AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH
                          I named myself Honey, and my rival...

HICKORY HONEY HAM!

First member named lady, besides Chikorita name Eli.

Team update after Falkner:

Eli the Chikorita.

Lady the Ledyba.

Rough the Growlithe (forgot to take a picture of his catch).

Also, after Falkner, I caught Poison the Ekans, and caught her up with the rest of the team.

Next update will be after Bugsy.

Old December 1st, 2012 (4:39 AM).

Nature: Naive
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
                            The 2nd Gen rule for the SciFi era is redundant. What's the real rule, Laure? Seems like you forgot to edit it or something.

Calm your nipples. Imma fix it.

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
                            Old December 1st, 2012 (5:24 AM).
                            Grass Master

Nature: Hardy
                              Username: wilso
                              Game: crystal
                              Team: feraligatr, magmar, sunflora, nidoqueen, nidoking, farfetch'd(it kinda looks like a dodo bird :3)
                              *got crystal the totodile and beat gandalf (rival)
                              *crystal soloed the first gym
                              pics :3

Old December 1st, 2012 (9:15 AM).
                              Me!

Alright, I've decided that I WILL use the Slateport Market, but not the league shop, since they have an official shop keeper thingy. Now grinding for Norman, which should be actually possible since Anorith learned PROTECT OMGGGGG
                                Old December 1st, 2012 (11:38 AM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by Honeyman.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by wilso View Post
                                  Username: wilso
                                  Game: crystal
                                  Team: feraligatr, magmar, sunflora, nidoqueen, nidoking, farfetch'd(it kinda looks like a dodo bird :3)
                                  *got crystal the totodile and beat gandalf (rival)
                                  *crystal soloed the first gym
                                  pics :3

So you're doing Crystal as well? I might just have some competition here...

Quote:
                                  Alright, I've decided that I WILL use the Slateport Market, but not the league shop, since they have an official shop keeper thingy. Now grinding for Norman, which should be actually possible since Anorith learned PROTECT OMGGGGG
                                  I wish there was some sort of market in 2nd Gen...
                                  ______________________________________________________________________

Starting this update off with a evolution.

It's not a mart, so this shouldn't be against the rules...

Another evolution.

Fighting Bugsy.

He was a breeze.

Also, Ham is here to battle!

That was from Quilava alone...

Team update!

Eli the Bayleef

Lady the Ledian

Rough the Growlithe (note: never bought the charcoal. Did the Farfetch'd quest before update)

And Poison the Ekans (one more level!)

Old December 1st, 2012 (10:18 PM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by wilso.
                                  Grass Master

@Honeyman
                                    i just like gsc design more then any other pokemon game (but me fav gen is 3)
                                    more updates :3
                                    *made my way to azalea town (crystal is getting lonley)
                                    *beat up team rocket, crystal digivolved to croconaw,destroyed bugsy and gandalf
                                    pics ;P
                                    Old December 1st, 2012 (11:05 PM).

Eh

Ehhh

Ehhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Not really needed because of speed-up key.

What? I don't have a Bulbasaur in my PC.... I must have gotten a glitc-

Woopee!

Oh God this is going to be so extremely hard...

PS, It wasn't.

TEAM UPDATEZ

Eli the Bayleef

Lady the Ledian

Rough the Growlithe

Poison the Arbok

Also, should I use the Masterball? It is glitched...

Old December 2nd, 2012 (12:47 AM). Edited December 2nd, 2012 by wilso.
                                      Grass Master

offtopic: heres all me poke games
                                        even more updates ^.^
                                        *got past ilex forest dodged a few trainers and got the egg
                                        *hatched amber the magby, caught solar the sunkern, prince the nidoran and princess the nidoran and beat
                                        pics >.>

Old December 2nd, 2012 (1:00 AM).
                                        Me!

Gen 2 does have a herb shop as well :3. If you go underground the right day or something like that. And yeah I LOVEEE gen 2 the most! I have beaten Winona without too much trouble, using Ninjask and it's swords dance, while Winona sent out her SKarmory as last Pokemon. Skarmory was taken down by Masquarains Bubblebeam. Tate&Lisa were taken down in TWO turns, using Shadow ball with NInjask and Silver wind with Beautifly to take down 1 Pokemon each turn. Wallace was pretty difficult though, but with a bit of parahax Beautifly killed the Milotic.

WHO SAID BEAUTIFLY WAS NOT AWESOME HMM? Nobody? great :3

Now trying to go through the victory road ohgosh.
                                          Old December 2nd, 2012 (2:02 AM).

(Since no one said otherwise, I'm going to use the Masterball, but not now)

Thanks Mom. If I'm not using the money, someone is...

Sidequest... AWAY!

Oh man, I hope it's something awesome like a Magby, or Tyrouge, or...

You disappoint me...

Might as well hatch this egg I completely forgot about... At least I know what's in this one...

SO MUCH YES

Could care less...

Sidequest... COMPLETE!

Well that never took that lo-

OH GOD GUESS HOW LONG THAT TOOK... Let's try with a little more success...

There we go...

Let's check this bad boy out...

Meet Rockington the Shuckle... I'm going to sleep...

Old December 2nd, 2012 (2:29 AM).
                                            Me!

I've beaten the challenge!

I barely used beautifly and Masquarain in the Elite four, I beat every member by using Swords Dance with Ninjask, then Baton Passing to Armaldo who sweeps the team with attack AND speed boosts, and it has great coverage :D. For Stevens Skarmory I switched Masquarain in and out until Skarmory had very low atatack because of Intimidate, so I could safely setup with Ninjask

Good luck to the other players!!
                                              Old December 2nd, 2012 (2:37 AM).

Good job, that never took long.

Also, is Laure doing a challenge as well? It's odd that we're the guinea pigs here, testing the Jurassic period.

Old December 2nd, 2012 (3:34 AM).
                                                Me!

Laure HAS to do the challenge, since she's the one who made it? Although I'm wondering what period she'll play?
                                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply