Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2013 (6:54 PM).
Back to PC~
  • Silver Tier

Already using a Lucky Egg {: But I'm working on EV training already, so it's taking me longer.

Haha wow. I had forgotten that you have a shop. Do you still have my FC, by the way? I think I might have yours- you were the first person I traded with upon joining PC.

I can't think of a good signature.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 17th, 2013 (6:58 PM).
Legit Boss
  • Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet

Use a Macho Brace if you have one! :D

Really? I'm the first one to trade with you? Then it's on my HeartGold cartridge, where I got my main battling team

♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
|3DS FC|

Old March 17th, 2013 (7:05 PM).
Back to PC~
  • Silver Tier

I don't think I have one. However, training will now go faster because it knows a very powerful move that can take out the wild Pokemon with one hit. It just reached level 8.

Haha yep. [:
I checked and you aren't in my pal pad, so I'll need your FC before we battle.

Old March 17th, 2013 (7:07 PM).
Legit Boss
  • Gold Tier

Sure thing, it's on my sig :p

And battle trainers! D;
They give better exp!

Old March 17th, 2013 (7:15 PM).
  • Gold Tier

I havent traded Pokemon in so long, it's weird. I used to be really into trading for events and shinies.

Old March 17th, 2013 (7:34 PM).

see meee?

• Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Quirky

I don't trade Pokemon much, unless if I'm hogging my brother's DS so I can trade-evolve something or pick up a version exclusive from the game that's not my main version.

pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter

Old March 17th, 2013 (7:47 PM).

Atra du evarinya ono varda.

• Crystal Tier

Morning~!

I've only traded once with my friend to evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam on Pearl. She traded her Haunter for it to evolve into a Gengar in return. :P Other than that, I've never traded with anyone else.

Old March 17th, 2013 (7:52 PM).
Back to PC~
  • Silver Tier

Morning, Synerjee? It's nearly midnight here! Since when have you been a supporter, by the way?

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:03 PM).

see meee?

• Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Morning, Synerjee? It's nearly midnight here! Since when have you been a supporter, by the way?

She only became a Supporter today, PEDRO12 (the guy who donated me to Tier 5 on top of the Tier 4 I previously had) was the person who donated to her, with some encouragement on Team Fail's part.

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:06 PM).

the spirit of the fighter

• Platinum Tier
  • Developer

Nature: Brave

I have so many different DS units, so I can like, trade between all my games and do all sorts of linking. Usually it's for trading.

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:07 PM).
Back to PC~
  • Silver Tier

Oh, cool. {: Congratulations, Syn.

By the way- is Hikari your name, or does it mean something?

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:07 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Well, it was morning where I am when I posted my last post. Now it just struck 12 pm, so AFTERNOON! xD

I just became one early this morning. :D

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:11 PM).
Back to PC~
  • Silver Tier

Haha, it's 12:08am here right now.

I have multiple devices, as well, so I can just trade with myself for evolving. I usually trade with my friend- we swap Pokemon just to get the Pokedex entries, then send them back to the Pokemon's OT. He only has Diamond version, so I help by sending him starters from other games and the like.

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:14 PM).
  • Gold Tier

I have multiple DSes as well. It so much more convenient to trade with oneself. No worries about finding the right thing to trade with another. Especially in White/Black 2 I have almost nothing worth trading except some female Dream World Pokemon.

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:20 PM).

see meee?

• Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
By the way- is Hikari your name, or does it mean something?

It's not my real name, but an online nickname as far as Pokemon forums go.

My real name is actually located on my profile's About Me tab, or my seeing the AKA names by hovering over my name in my postbits, you should probably notice it soon enough. It does have a rather odd spelling, but then again it sorta suits my quirky nature so it's fitting.

I don't usually give out my real name until someone has a worthy conversation with me or is on my contacts/friends.

As for the topic, I'm lucky to have two DSes since my brother rarely uses his anymore.

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:25 PM).
Back to PC~
  • Silver Tier

Ah, okay. Yeah, I've seen that before- must have forgotten about it. x;

I honestly have three systems, but one is a DS Lite, so if I need Wifi, it's useless. I mainly use it for the purpose of playing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald versions (yet, somehow, I never have gotten around to beating any of them).

Old March 17th, 2013 (8:38 PM).
  • Gold Tier

I still have WEP so I can use my DS Lite online, but I dread the day if I ever change routers and lose the WEP.

Old March 17th, 2013 (9:05 PM).

It's... kinda effective?

• Crystal Tier

I've got 4 DS's. 1 DS Lite, 2 DSi's, 1 DSi XL.

The lite has a broken hinge, one of the DSi's stopped working after I dropped it - Tried opening it up to see what was wrong, but I ended up tearing up the screws, and the other DSi and XL are working fine.

I bought the Lite off of ebay in hopes of salvaging my backup acekard 2i and my new Supercard DSTwo but it didn't work. Thankfully my old DStwo is still working - falling apart, but working. After I broke my DSi I bought another one to replace it, and about a month later won the XL in a contest.

I haven't used the DSi since then - I'd originally planned to sell the XL but quickly got used to it's larger screen.

Old March 17th, 2013 (9:41 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Thanks, Slender. c:

I only have one DS Lite, given to me as a Christmas present. It works perfectly well, but I would like a new 3DS to be able to play X/Y later on. If not, I just wish for an emulator that can run this 3DS game.

Old March 17th, 2013 (9:47 PM).

It's... kinda effective?

• Crystal Tier

I doubt that we'll be seeing a 3DS emulator for a while. A long while.

I'm still hoping for a 3ds flashcard within the year though.

Old March 17th, 2013 (9:48 PM).

see meee?

• Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer

I got my 3DS XL last Christmas, so I'm well prepared for X and Y. I've had my Ice Blue DS Lite ever since I got Pokemon Pearl for my birthday in 2008. I play all my 4th and 5th Gen games on it, and I might start playing them on my 3DS XL as well once I get X and Y.

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:04 PM).

the blossom pokémon

• Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed

I've got 3 DSes (one phat that my brother and I shared, a Lite that isn't doing so well from my overuse of it, and a DSi that I bought to replace the slowly dying Lite) and then I have my Japanese 3DS. I also practically own my roommate's NA 3DS because he doesn't use it and I keep it in my room so I can do the daily puzzles for the Professor Layton game. :x

I really hope they come out with a 3DS flashcart too. :( I HATE what they did with region locking this generation of DS. I imported my 3DS for Kingdom Hearts and, thankfully, have imported enough games since then that I don't regret my foreign purchase but Nintendo is definitely losing out on a lot of game purchases from me because I can't play the games on my 3DS and I can't afford to buy a second one just for North American releases. <_< At least with a flashcart I'd be able to play the games while not giving them my money, haha.

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
im back
  • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest

The only one DS Phat that's a special edition hot rod red one that came bundled with Mario Kart DS, except the siding is black instead of silver. So I guess that makes it different?? I actually bought it used back in 2010 to play HeartGold. I don't know I just prefer how the original DS feels and I like how it looks for some reason. Plus it was cheaper lol.

My brother both have DS lites though my little brother's is currently having problems cause it turns on a few seconds and then flashes off. I used to use his for trading/transferring Pokemon since he hardly uses it. Now I use my other brother's if he lets me.

I plan to get a 3DS XL to play X and Y and hopefully some other games. Really want that Pikachu XL though I think they're gonna sell fast and I doubt I'll have money soon cause I would basically have to buy it on release date to even get one. (Based on how fast they apparently sold in Japan. )

I like my DS and I'm too attached to it so I don't myself not using it even after I get a 3DS. I might also get an extra DSlite or DSi for trading/transferring Pokemon.

im back

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:12 PM).

the blossom pokémon

• Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed

I was pretty excited when I heard the Pikachu XL would be coming here but then I took a closer look at it and... it's not very nice. :( Well, I don't like the design of it. I really dislike the fact that the hinges are white instead of a uniform yellow all around the outside. The inside is white as well and I think if they're going with such a bright yellow to emphasize Pikachu, it should be that yellow all over. The outside especially should've been one colour because Pikachu's design is on both sides--his head is on the front and his tail is on the back. The white doesn't correspond to any single part of Pikachu's design and doesn't look very good to me at all...

Factor in that I have small hands and don't think I'd enjoy an XL over the original 3DS and it's not on my wishlist. u_u;

I definitely wouldn't worry about not using your DS after you get a 3DS though--the 3DS's DS playback isn't very good. It's either blown up and very blurry or it's awkwardly small and centred on the screens. @_@ Neither are very appealing for me so I just use one of my original DSes whenever I want to play an actual DS game.

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
im back
  • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest

Yeah the only real problem I have with the design on Pikachu XL is how the inside and the hinges are white. I was thinking the inside would be yellow and only the hinges were white, though that's where I was wrong. It looks odd being all white and I think only the hinges should be white or black and the inside yellow. I still want to try to buy it though. I hope they release the Charizard XL to North America cause I'd probably buy that one more than the Pikachu one in a heartbeat.

Though if all else fails and I can't get my hands on either, I'll just buy a normal XL in blue.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links