Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old January 17th, 2013 (4:16 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Posts: 35,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
No, they aren't even the same egg-group and that alone is enough to throw the whole idea out the window.
Just because they're flatter-shaped fish doesn't mean they are related.
That plus because Pokemon look similar in general doesn't mean they should evolve into the other, it just means they're the next generation representations. Same goes for Pidove and Pidgey for example, they look somewhat similar but if they evolved into each other it would be -really- weird. Still not a fan of the evolutions related to them. :(
__________________


Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #202    
Old January 17th, 2013 (4:25 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire's Avatar
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire Ω Ruby and α Sapphire is offline
Hope will never die! ~Lucina
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Victoria, Australia
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 735
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    That plus because Pokemon look similar in general doesn't mean they should evolve into the other, it just means they're the next generation representations. Same goes for Pidove and Pidgey for example, they look somewhat similar but if they evolved into each other it would be -really- weird. Still not a fan of the evolutions related to them.
    Think about it this way. Many, many animals can only barely be distinguished from one another, and some are not even closely related. For example, salamanders and lizards. Salamanders look very much like a lizard, but aren't even in the same taxonomy group, being amphibians. Pokemon are based off animals, and animals don't have to be related to look similar is some cases.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #203    
    Old January 18th, 2013 (3:14 AM).
    Casey16's Avatar
    Casey16 Casey16 is offline
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Location: Australia
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 6
      _______Pokemon X & Y- Eeveelutions________

      So far in previous games, There are now a total of 7 eeveleutions. I want the new X and Y game to have atleast two new evolutions of eevee. I really want them to have a Dragon type, or a ghost type, Or rock Eeveelution.

      - comment, what type do you want?
      __________________
      Keep updated with the News and Info on Pokemon X and Y Like this Page Please:http://www.facebook.com/PokemonsXandY
      Reply With Quote
        #204    
      Old January 18th, 2013 (3:42 AM).
      Shiny Bidoof's Avatar
      Shiny Bidoof Shiny Bidoof is offline
      On fire
         
        Join Date: Jan 2013
        Location: Ohio
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 49
        Steelion or ghostleon, definitely. A poison Eevee would also be cool.
        Reply With Quote
          #205    
        Old January 18th, 2013 (3:52 AM).
        PokeGeisha's Avatar
        PokeGeisha PokeGeisha is offline
        Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Location: Virginia
          Age: 23
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 44
          Yeah what he said :o I hardly believe they will make a dragon Evee but i would definitly want to see what the poison Evee would look like!:D
          __________________
          This signature has been disabled.
          Exceeds the 350px height limit.
          Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

          You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

          Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
          Reply With Quote
            #206    
          Old January 18th, 2013 (4:05 AM).
          masaru3's Avatar
          masaru3 masaru3 is offline
          Chespin, I choose you!
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Location: Portugal
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 216
            I want an evolution for Torkoal.
            As for eeveelution, I think we will get at least one, but I hope to get at least 2 Because tradition.
            Hopefully ghost, flying or poison.
            __________________
            3DS FC: 1032-2650-8413
            ◄ Masaru's Hidden Ability Shop ►
            Reply With Quote
              #207    
            Old January 18th, 2013 (4:42 AM).
            shivamwazhere shivamwazhere is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2007
              Gender:
              Posts: 19
              As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.
              Reply With Quote
                #208    
              Old January 18th, 2013 (5:38 AM).
              MiTjA's Avatar
              MiTjA MiTjA is offline
              Poké-atheist
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: Slovenia
                Age: 27
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 587
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by shivamwazhere View Post
                As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.
                Not really adapt, but rather gain elemental powers from exposure to a pure source.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #209    
                Old January 18th, 2013 (5:50 AM).
                Flydro's Avatar
                Flydro Flydro is offline
                doobz
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2012
                  Location: New Orleans
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 133
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by shivamwazhere View Post
                  As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.
                  Hahaha the last part of your post really made me laugh there because it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. New evolution method: death! I had pictured anime trainers carrying their dead Eevee around waiting for it to evolve (Zombieon?). Reminded me of a prank I saw on YouTube where the guy pretended to be blind and walk his little dog, when really he was wearing glasses and had a dead armadillo on the leash to get people's reactions. He took it to the dog park and everything lolol
                  __________________
                  *caught:


                  *hunting:

                  Reply With Quote
                    #210    
                  Old January 18th, 2013 (7:41 AM).
                  DTep's Avatar
                  DTep DTep is offline
                  Arcanine4evar
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 13
                    The main evolution i have been dying for is Pinsir. It is absolute ridiculous for him to be a straight bug type when the only real useful bug move i can think of him learning is X-Scissor. The best way for them to do this is make a new fighting move, he learns it then levels up and evolves into his new evolution being bug/fighting (finally!). Some other evolutions i would like to see are Torkoal, Mawile, Spinda, Qwilfish, and Kecleon. I also want to see evolutions to Seviper and Zangoose, but that is only because i loved that rivalry and want to see it re-vamped.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #211    
                    Old January 18th, 2013 (7:58 AM).
                    Guy Guy is offline
                    just a guy
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2008
                    Location: Florida
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 7,190
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DTep View Post
                    The main evolution i have been dying for is Pinsir. It is absolute ridiculous for him to be a straight bug type when the only real useful bug move i can think of him learning is X-Scissor. The best way for them to do this is make a new fighting move, he learns it then levels up and evolves into his new evolution being bug/fighting (finally!). Some other evolutions i would like to see are Torkoal, Mawile, Spinda, Qwilfish, and Kecleon. I also want to see evolutions to Seviper and Zangoose, but that is only because i loved that rivalry and want to see it re-vamped.
                    I always imagined that if Pinsir were to ever receive an evolution, it would turn out to be Bug/Steel. I know it's the same typing as Scyther's evolution, but Pinsir to me just screams Bug/Steel by itself, so for it to evolve into something of that typing would deem fitting to me. I could see a Bug/Fighting working out though.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #212    
                    Old January 18th, 2013 (8:56 AM).
                    Mujahid's Avatar
                    Mujahid Mujahid is offline
                    Sir Froakie is impressed.
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Location: India
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 607
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
                      Zombieon
                      I don't know why but that sounds freakin Awesome !
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #213    
                      Old January 18th, 2013 (9:24 AM).
                      Ichinish's Avatar
                      Ichinish Ichinish is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 24
                        Both:

                        Heracross

                        Evolution:

                        Jynx
                        Corsola
                        Eevee
                        Starmie (somehow)

                        Pre-Evolution:

                        Lapras

                        From what I remember, for now, that's it.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #214    
                        Old January 18th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
                        Shiny Bidoof's Avatar
                        Shiny Bidoof Shiny Bidoof is offline
                        On fire
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                          Location: Ohio
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 49
                          I think it's time that Farfechd got an evolution. Right? It's been too long.

                          Also Emolga.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #215    
                          Old January 18th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
                          SnowpointQuincy's Avatar
                          SnowpointQuincy SnowpointQuincy is offline
                          Seeker of FRIEND CODES
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2008
                            Location: Texas
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 1,285
                            There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

                            Spoiler:
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #216    
                            Old January 18th, 2013 (10:43 AM).
                            Crystal Noel's Avatar
                            Crystal Noel Crystal Noel is offline
                            RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2012
                              Location: United States
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 218
                              Those are very cool. I really hope for a ghost type Eeveelution.
                              __________________

                              Reply With Quote
                                #217    
                              Old January 18th, 2013 (2:46 PM).
                              Chaos Fork's Avatar
                              Chaos Fork Chaos Fork is offline
                              Anything Goes
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2013
                                Location: Earth (Ireland)
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 132
                                Ghost...eon?
                                Anyway, I'd like a castform evolution coz it NEEDS one
                                __________________
                                ⭐Split the Sky⭐
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #218    
                                Old January 18th, 2013 (3:06 PM).
                                Guy Guy is offline
                                just a guy
                                • Silver Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2008
                                Location: Florida
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 7,190
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ichinish View Post
                                Both:

                                Heracross
                                I wouldn't be opposed to a Heracross evolution, simply because it's such an awesome Pokémon, but that's also the reason why I don't think it needs one. It has a Base Attack of 125. If it evolves, how much higher will it go? The rest of its base stats are pretty good as well. On top of that, it comes with a nice movepool under it's belt...er, should I say wings.

                                Quote:
                                Evolution:

                                Jynx
                                Corsola
                                Eevee
                                Starmie (somehow)
                                Absolutely to Corsola getting an evolution. Poor thing, I really feel like in the mix of so many Pokémon, it has been long forgotten. The thing is, I can see a really awesome evolution for the little one. Bare with me here, but I envision canons. Not extremely large ones, but canons nonetheless.

                                I don't think there's much chance we'll be seeing a Starmie evolution though. After five generations, there hasn't been a Pokémon yet who evolves again after using an evolution stone on them the first time.

                                Quote:
                                Pre-Evolution:

                                Lapras
                                Yes, please.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #219    
                                Old January 18th, 2013 (3:24 PM). Edited January 18th, 2013 by colours.
                                colours's Avatar
                                colours colours is online now
                                LOSTinmyMIND
                                • Moderator
                                • Platinum Tier
                                • GTGet-Together Event Management
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2005
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 29,856
                                Starmie is ridiculously powerful, I don't see why it needs an evolution. o_O
                                __________________

                                If this night is not forever
                                At least we are together
                                I know I'm not alone
                                I know I'm not alone
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #220    
                                Old January 18th, 2013 (5:05 PM).
                                Forever's Avatar
                                Forever Forever is offline
                                • Moderator
                                • Crystal Tier
                                • EOEvent Organizer
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2005
                                Location: Queensland
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 35,593
                                Plus I think its evolution would be overkill in terms of design. I mean, Starmie's so nice and getting a better looking Starmie would not be easy imo.
                                __________________


                                Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                                You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                                A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

                                Reply With Quote
                                  #221    
                                Old January 18th, 2013 (7:39 PM).
                                Cyclone's Avatar
                                Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                                Eye of the Storm
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 3,392
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                                  Starmie is ridiculously powerful, I don't see why it needs an evolution.
                                  To quote Tim the Tool Man Taylor from Home Improvement:

                                  Quote:
                                  MORE POWER!
                                  Of course, we know what happened when he said and did that.

                                  Cyclone
                                  __________________
                                  "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                                  Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                  Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                                  Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #222    
                                  Old January 19th, 2013 (3:59 AM).
                                  Master Kavar's Avatar
                                  Master Kavar Master Kavar is offline
                                  Where beginnings are
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2009
                                  Location: Australia
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bashful
                                  Posts: 482
                                  Do you think there will be more evelutions, I would decently want at least one more or two more. What so you guys think?
                                  __________________
                                  Hey Guys What's happening >>>Me, well i just Defeated you!!!! LOL
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #223    
                                  Old January 20th, 2013 (6:32 AM).
                                  François's Avatar
                                  François François is offline
                                  #FutureSun&MoonMod
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2013
                                  Location: Batisques
                                  Age: 22
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Serious
                                  Posts: 396
                                  Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.

                                  But OCD issues aside, I'm very much hoping for the long overdue Arbok evolution. I think at this stage it's possible that they don't want to touch Gen I pokés anymore but it needs one so badly. And you just know it would look totally badass too. Outside of that, I don't want much. Just the standard Eeveelutions would please me.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #224    
                                  Old January 20th, 2013 (6:40 AM).
                                  Forever's Avatar
                                  Forever Forever is offline
                                  • Moderator
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                  • EOEvent Organizer
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2005
                                  Location: Queensland
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 35,593
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by François View Post
                                  Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.

                                  But OCD issues aside, I'm very much hoping for the long overdue Arbok evolution. I think at this stage it's possible that they don't want to touch Gen I pokés anymore but it needs one so badly. And you just know it would look totally badass too. Outside of that, I don't want much. Just the standard Eeveelutions would please me.
                                  Yeah people thought the same in regards to linking the two, don't worry you're not alone! Although I'd not be a fan of linking them. XD;

                                  idk what Arbok could evolve into, aside from a mega vicious cobra...? Which it already kind of is, but ya.
                                  __________________


                                  Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                                  You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                                  A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #225    
                                  Old January 20th, 2013 (6:49 AM).
                                  François's Avatar
                                  François François is offline
                                  #FutureSun&MoonMod
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2013
                                  Location: Batisques
                                  Age: 22
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Serious
                                  Posts: 396
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                                  Yeah people thought the same in regards to linking the two, don't worry you're not alone! Although I'd not be a fan of linking them. XD;

                                  idk what Arbok could evolve into, aside from a mega vicious cobra...? Which it already kind of is, but ya.
                                  Oh, well in that case HURRAH (unless those people had that idea in this thread in which case it's kind of embarrassing).

                                  I was thinking a hydra of sorts, myself. Fairly massive, three heads, Poison/Dragon type and fabulous sweeping stats. I've always been a huge Arbok/Seviper fan so I'd like at least one of them to be usable
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 PM.