Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2526    
Old February 17th, 2013 (9:00 PM).
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu Wobbu is offline
Drag a needle on the good today
     
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Location: Stardew Valley
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 2,797
    I hope they introduce a new cloud-based PC. You can store a Pokémon in the cloud and withdraw in any future Pokémon game and vice versa.
    __________________

    My Favorite Song

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2527    
    Old February 17th, 2013 (9:03 PM).
    Xander Olivieri's Avatar
    Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 5,601
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
      I hope they introduce a new cloud-based PC. You can store a Pokémon in the cloud and withdraw in any future Pokémon game and vice versa.
      What? Can you explain this a bit better? This made little sense to me at all.
      __________________
        #2528    
      Old February 17th, 2013 (9:11 PM).
      Wobbu's Avatar
      Wobbu Wobbu is offline
      Drag a needle on the good today
         
        Join Date: Mar 2012
        Location: Stardew Valley
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 2,797
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
        What? Can you explain this a bit better? This made little sense to me at all.
        Think of it like the Dream World. You upload one of your Pokémon online and can interact with it at the Dream World on your physical computer. But instead of the Dream World, it would be a digital PC for storing Pokémon, like the ones in the Pokémon Centers. For example, if the cloud based PC existed during Red and Blue, we could upload our Pokémon from Red and Blue into the PC, and withdraw them in Black 2 or White 2, or any other main series game.
        __________________

        My Favorite Song
          #2529    
        Old February 17th, 2013 (9:22 PM).
        Xander Olivieri's Avatar
        Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Gender: Other
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 5,601
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
          Think of it like the Dream World. You upload one of your Pokémon online and can interact with it at the Dream World on your physical computer. But instead of the Dream World, it would be a digital PC for storing Pokémon, like the ones in the Pokémon Centers. For example, if the cloud based PC existed during Red and Blue, we could upload our Pokémon from Red and Blue into the PC, and withdraw them in Black 2 or White 2, or any other main series game.
          Oh I see what you are saying now...though I think TPC is against that. You used to be able to do this on Stadium and Stadium 2, which became the easiest way to Solo Trade Pokemon from one game to another. This was removed with PokeRanch Wii and PBR as Pokemon put onto them cannot be recalled through a different game. So if you sent everything to PokeRanch Wii and reset your game, you now have Pokemon that cannot be used anymore stuck on the Wii Game. TPC did those two that way on purpose to prevent Solo Trades.

          As far as I'm aware, they won't do that with Transfers either. It'll be stuck at 6 at a time and 1 at a time trades between two cartridged games through use of whatever Nintendo Handheld is currently in circulation.
          __________________
            #2530    
          Old February 17th, 2013 (10:38 PM).
          Wobbu's Avatar
          Wobbu Wobbu is offline
          Drag a needle on the good today
             
            Join Date: Mar 2012
            Location: Stardew Valley
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 2,797
            Hopefully the new Generation will, at least, allow trading multiple Pokémon at the same time. Or even sending a Pokémon from one game to another, without having to trade. That way I wouldn't have to catch hundreds of Patrat, Purloin, etc. for trading.
            __________________

            My Favorite Song
              #2531    
            Old February 17th, 2013 (11:20 PM).
            vaporeon7's Avatar
            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,154
            I want to be able to trade a few Pokémon at a time too. I'd save soo much time.
            __________________
              #2532    
            Old February 17th, 2013 (11:36 PM).
            Sabrewulf238's Avatar
            Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 2,218
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
              I hope they introduce a new cloud-based PC. You can store a Pokémon in the cloud and withdraw in any future Pokémon game and vice versa.
              This is exactly what I'm hoping for too.
              __________________
              Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
              Send me a pm if you add me.
                #2533    
              Old February 17th, 2013 (11:45 PM).
              Hikamaru's Avatar
              Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
              the fox pokémon
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 47,233
              I do agree the trading system should be revamped to allow multiple Pokemon traded at once. I hate having to catch so many random wild Pokemon I don't need just to trade for something I have on another game, and it's so tedious having to go back to the PC every now and then.
              __________________
              pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                #2534    
              Old February 17th, 2013 (11:57 PM).
              Starry Windy's Avatar
              Starry Windy Starry Windy is offline
              A resonating melody ♫
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2012
              Location: Liberty Garden
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 7,994
              I think it might be a great idea to give your Pokemon as a gift instead of just trading, so anybody who don't have any Pokemon to trade could get the Pokemon they want without needing to catch any random Pokemon (except when they want to give their own version-exclusive Pokemon). Also multiple trading system might be cool too.
              __________________

              PokéCommunity | MyAnimeList | My Pairs | Blog | Science & Technology | #TeamTrivia
              Ask this resident Victini some questions in my AMA thread!
                #2535    
              Old February 18th, 2013 (1:08 AM).
              vaporeon7's Avatar
              vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
              My life would suck without you
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 5,154
              I would like it if on your birthday, more characters in-game would say happy birthday. If there is a Pokégear or Xtransciever like item, if some characters called you to wish you a happy birthday.
              __________________
                #2536    
              Old February 18th, 2013 (1:56 AM).
              Haza's Avatar
              Haza Haza is offline
              ☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2008
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 6,720
              I hope they bring in an electric hamster whose specialty will be electroball. It'll run in the ball charging up it's power and then BOOM!
              __________________

              Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
              The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
              Twitter
              Facebook
                #2537    
              Old February 18th, 2013 (3:21 AM).
              shengar's Avatar
              shengar shengar is offline
              ♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
                 
                Join Date: May 2010
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 667
                If they wouldn't let us trade multiple Pokemon at once, at least make the process quicker and have us able to skip that slow useless-animation.

                Oh, and yes for electric hamster. Make it evolve-able and useful in battle like Azumaril too I hope.
                __________________


                Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
                  #2538    
                Old February 18th, 2013 (4:46 AM).
                Blue's Avatar
                Blue Blue is offline
                dorks
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: United Kingdom
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 19,825
                I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.
                __________________
                  #2539    
                Old February 18th, 2013 (5:10 AM).
                Guy Guy is offline
                just a guy
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2008
                Location: Florida
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 7,190
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by shengar View Post
                If they wouldn't let us trade multiple Pokemon at once, at least make the process quicker and have us able to skip that slow useless-animation.

                Oh, and yes for electric hamster. Make it evolve-able and useful in battle like Azumaril too I hope.
                The animation is so pretty though.

                No, but really, trading can be so tedious these days. Especially for those who want to trade over a handful of Pokémon from one game to the next. Shorter, quicker animations and being able to trade multiple Pokémon at once would be really nice to have at this point. At least three at the same time would be a time saver. Gen V was such a tease at first making us think we could do that, until we found out it was just another unnecessary step in the process.
                  #2540    
                Old February 18th, 2013 (5:45 AM).
                Blue's Avatar
                Blue Blue is offline
                dorks
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: United Kingdom
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 19,825
                Yes! I would be in full support of group trading, I really dislike having to trade each Pokemon individually and go through the motion of sending each of them over to the other game. Each one takes at least a minute so it would definitely speed things up.
                __________________
                  #2541    
                Old February 18th, 2013 (7:07 AM).
                Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                The Legendary Master of Light!
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 1,561
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.
                Yeah, same here. It was really fun being able to talk to trainers and call them, they even called you to let you know of something, like sharing berries, asking for rematch or letting you know of any Pokémon Swarms.

                That is something I wish could return in Pokémon X and Y. Who knows? We might get a decent device that can actually do all of that?. ^^
                __________________
                [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                It's time to change the future...
                to a positive direction!

                Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                  #2542    
                Old February 18th, 2013 (7:16 AM).
                Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                Vampire Waifu
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2012
                  Location: California
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 9,239
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                  I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.
                  No, just no. I prefer to rematch the gym leaders like how it's done on Platinum, because it makes it easier to level grind your Pokemon rather waiting on specific days and times to rematch them, especially if wild Pokemon on a certain region are extremely underleveled.
                  __________________
                    #2543    
                  Old February 18th, 2013 (7:34 AM).
                  colours's Avatar
                  colours colours is online now
                  skylighted
                  minds
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • GTGet-Together Event Management
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 29,348
                  Eh. I'm indifferent about the whole match call stuff, but as long as we get some sort of method to re-match both trainers and gym leaders, that'd be cool. That feature has been missing for around two or three generations and it's kind of agitating. u__u
                  __________________

                  Hard wind blows as the night is born
                  And the dark feels so safe
                  My body yearns for that need to start
                  Cause it's too hard to wait
                  We're going out tonight with something to prove
                  Take to the streets and let our demons loose
                  Put your hands up
                    #2544    
                  Old February 18th, 2013 (8:04 AM).
                  Z25's Avatar
                  Z25 Z25 is offline
                  Team Player
                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                  Age: 19
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 1,736
                  I still think something like the match call would be cool to see. That is what i loved about pokemon emerald.
                    #2545    
                  Old February 18th, 2013 (8:06 AM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Location: Oregon
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 17,344
                    If they bring back Match Call I hope it's more like Emerald's where they call you too, and sometimes you could rematch them more than once a day (I did do many times, very helpful for level grinding). Heck even the E4 called you asking for you to come over for a match, which made me feel like player was more of a champion than later generations since the E4 acknowledged the player as champ outside of the league.
                    __________________
                    # TeamRowlet
                    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                      #2546    
                    Old February 18th, 2013 (8:45 AM).
                    Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
                    Evil Stud Muffin Evil Stud Muffin is offline
                    I like kitties
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lax
                    Posts: 2,739
                    If they bring back match call, I would want it to be used with this awesome idea I had:
                    Route ranks. Meaning their would be a ranking list for each route, and the trainers all have their own spot. You would be able to climb up the ranks, and then become the number 1 trainer of the route. When someone becomes number two after the previous number 1 they can call you for a match to become route trainer number 1. It would add incentive to beat them all, and it would be an awesome way to add some depth to trainer battles.
                    __________________

                    #328 Trapinch
                    Supporter Collab January 2015
                    Doctor Who Fan Club


                      #2547    
                    Old February 18th, 2013 (8:59 AM).
                    Bluerang1's Avatar
                    Bluerang1 Bluerang1 is offline
                    pin pin
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Location: Hiougi City
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 2,548
                      I don't know if these rumors have been posted before, saw them on Serebii. We have to wait until March to know if they're credible or not.

                      Spoiler:
                      As skepticism and arguments have devoured the good nature of my last thread, I am starting this thread and putting more one the line. I want someone to screenshot this post for March.

                      Summary of what I have already revealed:

                      New region is divided between Northern forests/mountains and southern coasts / plains.
                      2 new villain teams
                      Yveltal and Xerneas are based on yatagarasu and shishigami respectively
                      The 2 legendaries represent North and South
                      The 3rd "Z" legendary is based on a shachihoko (check other thread for a detailed description)
                      New eevolution is flying type
                      Fennekin line = Egyptian
                      Chespin line = military / soldier
                      Froakie line = wizard
                      ...and I believe that was all the major stuff I discussed

                      Now, for my huge show of faith I will give you the other 4 pokemon designs that will be shown in March (already told you the eevee one). AfterI post this, I will probably logout until mid-March (hopefully with new info) when more people will believe me after the reveal.

                      1. Small dolphin with clown face paint (no clown nose) and a striped hoop around its belly. (summary says it gets 1 evo)
                      2. A bird that looks very similar to a plover, mostly white body with black stripes, forming something like a hashtag on both sides of the body. Also stripe across eyes. (summary says 2 evos)
                      3. A fluffball with only small legs and a nose sticking out of it (cannot see eyes). This is the new rodent, but the animal it is based on is neither associated with fluff or Europe. (summary says 1 evo)
                      4. A small kangaroo with a battery-pouch and two hammer-like hands. Its tail is spiraled (no obvious lightning marks on its body) (summary says 2 evos)

                      OK, that leaves me with 4 designs unspoilt. See you guys in March!

                      Source: GameFAQs user, Ultimacanti | http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/65153824
                      __________________
                      3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
                      Pokémon X
                      Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
                        #2548    
                      Old February 18th, 2013 (9:15 AM).
                      Blue's Avatar
                      Blue Blue is offline
                      dorks
                      • Moderator
                      • Platinum Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: United Kingdom
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 19,825
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
                      I don't know if these rumors have been posted before, saw them on Serebii. We have to wait until March to know if they're credible or not.

                      Spoiler:
                      As skepticism and arguments have devoured the good nature of my last thread, I am starting this thread and putting more one the line. I want someone to screenshot this post for March.

                      Summary of what I have already revealed:

                      New region is divided between Northern forests/mountains and southern coasts / plains.
                      2 new villain teams
                      Yveltal and Xerneas are based on yatagarasu and shishigami respectively
                      The 2 legendaries represent North and South
                      The 3rd "Z" legendary is based on a shachihoko (check other thread for a detailed description)
                      New eevolution is flying type
                      Fennekin line = Egyptian
                      Chespin line = military / soldier
                      Froakie line = wizard
                      ...and I believe that was all the major stuff I discussed

                      Now, for my huge show of faith I will give you the other 4 pokemon designs that will be shown in March (already told you the eevee one). AfterI post this, I will probably logout until mid-March (hopefully with new info) when more people will believe me after the reveal.

                      1. Small dolphin with clown face paint (no clown nose) and a striped hoop around its belly. (summary says it gets 1 evo)
                      2. A bird that looks very similar to a plover, mostly white body with black stripes, forming something like a hashtag on both sides of the body. Also stripe across eyes. (summary says 2 evos)
                      3. A fluffball with only small legs and a nose sticking out of it (cannot see eyes). This is the new rodent, but the animal it is based on is neither associated with fluff or Europe. (summary says 1 evo)
                      4. A small kangaroo with a battery-pouch and two hammer-like hands. Its tail is spiraled (no obvious lightning marks on its body) (summary says 2 evos)

                      OK, that leaves me with 4 designs unspoilt. See you guys in March!

                      Source: GameFAQs user, Ultimacanti | http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/65153824
                      Even though there are many rumors flying about, I'm really hoping for this one to be credible! I'd love a Small Dolphin Pokemon and the Starter mythology sounds so awesome. Plover birds are cute too so that would be great, and Sylveon being flying would top it all off tbh.
                      __________________
                        #2549    
                      Old February 18th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
                      Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
                      Evil Stud Muffin Evil Stud Muffin is offline
                      I like kitties
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2013
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Lax
                      Posts: 2,739
                      That guy was debunked in the gamefaqs thread in question, actually tried to prove himself through another rumor, and basically fell flat on his face. In other words, its fake.
                      __________________

                      #328 Trapinch
                      Supporter Collab January 2015
                      Doctor Who Fan Club


                        #2550    
                      Old February 18th, 2013 (9:57 AM).
                      Blue's Avatar
                      Blue Blue is offline
                      dorks
                      • Moderator
                      • Platinum Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: United Kingdom
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 19,825
                      I assumed for them to be false but nonetheless, they were still pretty neat and creative ideas.
                      __________________
                      Closed Thread
                      Quick Reply

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:05 PM.