Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old March 10th, 2013 (5:01 PM).
LOSTinmyMIND
  • Platinum Tier
  • GTGet-Together Event Management

Nature: Quiet
Oh guys! I've thought of something interesting here! About the battle system....what are you expectations for it, really? I've never really seen a topic about it brought up around here, so I wanted to know if anyone had any set expectations. Of course, we've covered that chances are it probably won't have any lag (at least, I hope), but what are other things that you'd guys like to see?

What if, something like Heracross does Megahorn? Would you like to see a Pokemon lifted up and therefore damaged as Heracross executes the attack? What about Close Combat's animation? Would you like it to be like if a Pokemon was heavily beating up another?

If this night is not forever
At least we are together
I know I'm not alone
I know I'm not alone

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 10th, 2013 (5:05 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
  • Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I actually really like the sound of that Derk! I think having battle damage show on the Pokémon too would be really cool, now that we have full models. It was hard to do with a sprite, but with a full model to work with having scratches and areas being roughed up a bit might be viable now. They started that with slower moving sprites with B/W, so this could just be a further extension of that!
Old March 10th, 2013 (5:12 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
    Well, I don't think what I'm about to say will happen, however, it will be very nice to see, but I would like a battle system on where you'd have to work with the current terrain. For example, say you have a Raichu, and say the opponent has a Milotic. The opponent can order the Milotic to dive in the nearby water field, to dodge electric attacks from your Raichu. But, what if you command your Raichu to dive in the lake after it, and use Thunderbolt while underwater? Since water conducts electricity better than air, that can be mega effective!

Well, like I said, this system will probably be too complicated to keep track of in X&Y, but, it'd be nice to devise strategies of the sort. ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie
    Old March 10th, 2013 (5:20 PM).
    ► My Happy Little Pill 
    • Platinum Tier

It'd definitely add another aspect to battling, but it's going into the area of becoming overly complicated. Plus, movement has never really been an aspect of the games before, and it's just a giant variable that would be difficult to work with. Would probably make battles take twice as long as they already do.
    Old March 10th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
    I like kitties
    • Silver Tier

Some battle interaction will happen, as the trailer has showed us. To what extent who knows, but the Megahorn idea is brilliant. I would love a wailord to get flung across the screen. XD

#328 Trapinch
    Supporter Collab January 2015
    Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 10th, 2013 (5:41 PM).
    Gaiden

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
      Off-Topic: Why didn't HeartGold and SoulSilver reintroduce the Time Capsule?

Resolution: To which should thread should I move this?
      Well, I assume that your question pertains to only HG/SS, so maybe you should visit the board there to find possible answers?

In any case, it is quite satisfying to see that the pokemon will have some emotion upon getting hit or dealing the damage, which is a good step in the right direction for battle interactivity, imo. <3

Hawthorne Guardian
      Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
      Old March 10th, 2013 (5:45 PM). Edited March 10th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
      The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
        I'd love the secret base feature! I'd also like to see that Underground feature that Gen IV had(?) where you and a player(through local wireless?) could dig all underground and stuff, and it was kind of a cool experience to have. I mean, for me personally, I'd like to see more wi-fi involvement in that, rather than local wireless, for those who don't really have any other people who play Pokemon with locally. n_n
        But I don't want to see GameFreak limit the set of possible locations for secret bases to those accessible only from the Underground!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
        And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

And for the love of Arceusfor quote> Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
        I don't know if the 'Follow Me' feature could be replaced completely with the ability to see your Pokémon while surfing or flying on them…I really like the feeling of having my Pokémon follow me around on land. They could at least make it an option accessible through the menu that pops up when you select a Pokémon (I hate rearranging my party!) And, yes, GameFreak needs to show us Sylveon's typing even though 'Flying' typing seems very plausible.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
        Old March 10th, 2013 (8:08 PM).
        My life would suck without you
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
        We won't be getting a Time Capsule feature ever again imo. It would just be too hard now with everything like new abilities and stuff that would be prevented.
        Old March 10th, 2013 (8:11 PM).
        ► My Happy Little Pill 
        • Platinum Tier

Time Capsule doesn't really have any practical point anymore with all the different forms of Pokémon transferring that we have now, with Pal Park and Poké Transfer. I doubt it would ever come back.
        Old March 10th, 2013 (9:50 PM).
        LOSTinmyMIND
        • Platinum Tier

There was a Time Capsule? Well, slap my knee, color me blue and call me jack.

....That was terrible. Ignore that. But still. >.>

Either way as far as wanting things from HG/SS to return, I dunno, nothing else aside from the follow me feature which would probably just stay HG/SS exclusive. Otherwise, not much else, really.

But to push the topic more on the X/Y side, I'd like for there to be more communication as far as wi-fi is concerned. It's kind of a shame that even fifth gen kind of failed with this, not even letting you pair up with a friend to battle in PWT or anything like that. .__.; Personally, I'd like to travel with my friends as I go on my journey, whether it be local wireless or wifi.

How do you guys feel about more wifi capabilities being added, and what would you like to see?

At least we are together
        I know I'm not alone
        I know I'm not alone
        Old March 10th, 2013 (9:56 PM).
        ► My Happy Little Pill 
        • Platinum Tier

It could be cool to have certain quests in the game where you could potentially pair up with a friend to do it in a tag-team would be cool, but I wouldn't want it to be required. Other than I don't really know, I play Pokémon more solo-oriented so no clue =P
        Old March 10th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
          There was a Time Capsule? Well, slap my knee, color me blue and call me jack.

....That was terrible. Ignore that. But still. >.>

Either way as far as wanting things from HG/SS to return, I dunno, nothing else aside from the follow me feature which would probably just stay HG/SS exclusive. Otherwise, not much else, really.

But to push the topic more on the X/Y side, I'd like for there to be more communication as far as wi-fi is concerned. It's kind of a shame that even fifth gen kind of failed with this, not even letting you pair up with a friend to battle in PWT or anything like that. .__.; Personally, I'd like to travel with my friends as I go on my journey, whether it be local wireless or wifi.

How do you guys feel about more wifi capabilities being added, and what would you like to see?
          Yeah, it was kind of lame that we couldn't go with a friend to the Battle Train using long distance wi-fi like back in Gen IV. Hopefully they'll fix that up for the battle facility we're getting this generation.
          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
          Old March 10th, 2013 (11:07 PM).
          • Crystal Tier

I'd like to be able to create personal battle tournament rooms like they have in Mario Kart 7.
          Old March 10th, 2013 (11:18 PM).

Nature: Hasty
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
            Well, I don't think what I'm about to say will happen, however, it will be very nice to see, but I would like a battle system on where you'd have to work with the current terrain. For example, say you have a Raichu, and say the opponent has a Milotic. The opponent can order the Milotic to dive in the nearby water field, to dodge electric attacks from your Raichu. But, what if you command your Raichu to dive in the lake after it, and use Thunderbolt while underwater? Since water conducts electricity better than air, that can be mega effective!

Well, like I said, this system will probably be too complicated to keep track of in X&Y, but, it'd be nice to devise strategies of the sort.
            That actually wouldn't work depending on what is in the water. Water itself doesn't conduct electricity, the particles in water do. Water actually disperses electricity safely so many things in the water don't die every time there is a storm. Using an electric attack underwater would yield an effect similar to neutralizing the electricity or even weakening it if there aren't enough particles in the water to properly conduct it.

I doubt something like this would ever be done in the Pokemon universe due to complexity.
            Old March 10th, 2013 (11:35 PM).

I'll like it if they bumped up the number of moves a given Pokémon can have to 5. It can give us more to work with.
              Old March 10th, 2013 (11:45 PM).

Nature: Hasty
                With Sylveon only showcasing 4 attacks I think its still four. Besides that 5 attacks on Pokemon would upset the tiers for current meta as a lot of new formats would open up. it would probably throw the current meta into as much chaos as a new type would.
                Old March 10th, 2013 (11:49 PM).
                are you my dad?
                • Platinum Tier
                • EOEvent Organizer

Quote:
                Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                With Sylveon only showcasing 4 attacks I think its still four. Besides that 5 attacks on Pokemon would upset the tiers for current meta as a lot of new formats would open up. it would probably throw the current meta into as much chaos as a new type would.
                I do agree with Xander, changing the number of moves Pokemon can have at a time could upset the competitive balance and cause even more confusion, just like what would happen if a new type or triple-types were introduced.

There was talk before Ruby & Sapphire's release that the Pokemon would be able to have more than 4 moves at a time but that never happened.
                Old March 10th, 2013 (11:49 PM).
                • Crystal Tier

I can't see why they'd change to five moves after 17 years. If the idea was dropped with gen III, I don't see it happening now.
                Old March 11th, 2013 (5:01 AM).
                Gaiden

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but:

This was taken from CoroCoro's website. It's believed to be April's cover page issue of CoroCoro. If you take a look at the top-right corner of the page, you'll see the starters. It's probably nothing, but maybe it can mean that April's edition will bring more info about the starters?

(btw, the issue that comes out in March is April's edition of Corocoro)

Hawthorne Guardian
                  Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                  Old March 11th, 2013 (6:30 AM).
                  I like kitties
                  • Silver Tier

I'm pretty sure that's Ichiban, which is just the side magazine of CoroCoro from a few weeks ago, which had nothing.

#328 Trapinch
                  Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 11th, 2013 (6:52 AM).
                  Gaiden

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that's Ichiban, which is just the side magazine of CoroCoro from a few weeks ago, which had nothing.
                    Oh.

Well, either or, I didn't expect much anyway. Probably just a showcase of the starters.

Hawthorne Guardian
                    Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                    Old March 11th, 2013 (6:53 AM).
                    LOSTinmyMIND
                    • Platinum Tier

I'd like for this month's issue to possibly reveal starter info, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, to be honest. We probably won't know until this week, or so? If speculation around here seems to be correct, it's the 15th, right? I guess we'll see what it is around then. x_x

At least we are together
                    I know I'm not alone
                    I know I'm not alone
                    Old March 11th, 2013 (7:15 AM).
                    I like kitties
                    • Silver Tier

I don't want you guys to get too excited, but apparently this issue has quite a bit. Doesn't sound like just Sylveon and screens for XY. God the wait is killing me.

#328 Trapinch
                    Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 11th, 2013 (7:38 AM).
                    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

I'm hoping that we get leaks later tonight. Ah well, if I have to wait four more days I guess I can.
                      Old March 11th, 2013 (7:44 AM).
                      I like kitties
                      • Silver Tier

Leaks definitely will be coming by tomorrow the latest, its already in the hands of the usual leakers.

#328 Trapinch
                      Doctor Who Fan Club

Closed Thread

Quick Reply