The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Sixth Generation
X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #5101    
Old May 26th, 2013 (2:47 AM).
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 19,041
Well the Hoenn Pokemon are by far my favourites, so it's great to see so many of them make a return. Now all I need to is Taillow/Swellow, Lunatone/Solrock & Swablu/Altaria and I'm set!
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #5102    
Old May 26th, 2013 (2:57 AM).
Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is online now
cheeky
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: somewhere
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 7,452
Seeing a big chunk of Hoenn Pokémon would be awesome!
I'm always surprised when I get reminded of how badass Crawdaunt is.

^ Lunatone/Solrock and Swablu/Altaria were in Unova though! BW2 had a very cool selection of older Pokémon.
__________________
  #5103    
Old May 26th, 2013 (7:28 AM).
Xander Olivieri's Avatar
Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 5,601
    Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.


    Also don't expect to find the streams on Youtube anymore. Youtube has been deleting Pokemon streams for Pokemon Smaah, various TV episodes loaded onto it, and some battles because TPC updated the licensing on Pokemon merchandise that forced Youtube top remove those items from its site.

    I think Zephyr and his other streaming friends are using different streaming sites to show the videos as they happen.
    __________________
      #5104    
    Old May 26th, 2013 (9:01 AM).
    Blue's Avatar
    Blue Blue is offline
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United Kingdom
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 19,041
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
    Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.
    This is what I was thinking, although I do hope to see the Corphish line in X and Y along with plenty of other Hoenn Pokemon too.
    __________________
      #5105    
    Old May 26th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
    Zorogami's Avatar
    Zorogami Zorogami is offline
    WUB WUB
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Location: Madrid/Spain
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 2,169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
    Lunatone/Solrock and Swablu/Altaria were in Unova though! BW2 had a very cool selection of older Pokémon.
    BW2 had a great selection of older Gen Pokemon, and i hope XY get at least as many in the national Dex as BW2 did!!
    __________________

    ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
      #5106    
    Old May 26th, 2013 (2:41 PM).
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
       
      Join Date: Apr 2010
      Location: Oregon
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 17,212
      I hope to see a decent number of generation 3-5 mons (though maybe limit the number of Gen 3 mons in these games for the remakes...if they're to make them). Mostly as I want to see evolutions of those 3 generations.
      __________________
      # TeamRowlet
      I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
      https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
      https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
        #5107    
      Old May 26th, 2013 (2:42 PM).
      Jake♫'s Avatar
      Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
      ► My Happy Little Pill 
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: New York
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 2,950
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
      Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.
      More than likely true, but the Corphish line would be cool to see in there. We already have the Marill line for physical Water types though, so who knows. They also don't care about that kind of stuff anyways so that probably isn't any justifiable reason for them NOT to include them, so at this point who knows. I just like Crawdaunt =P
      __________________
        #5108    
      Old May 26th, 2013 (4:12 PM).
      colours's Avatar
      colours colours is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 28,710
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
      I hope to see a decent number of generation 3-5 mons (though maybe limit the number of Gen 3 mons in these games for the remakes...if they're to make them). Mostly as I want to see evolutions of those 3 generations.
      Probably what's going to happen, anyway. It happened In Gen IV for most of Gen II's Pokemon(as well as Gen I), wouldn't be surprised if it happened this time around for Gen III (meaning I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, they were to evolve most of Gen III's Pokemon).
      __________________
      infinite colours

      we're living limitless

        #5109    
      Old May 27th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
      Grif of Hearts's Avatar
      Grif of Hearts Grif of Hearts is offline
      Que sera sera~
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: System 32
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 311
        I would be eager to see the return of some Hoenn based Pokémon. I never had a chance to use a Crawdaunt before, so this might be my chance to test one out in the world of Kalos. Personally, I'd love to see more Pokémon from Sinnoh in the mix, but that's just because I have a love affair with the region itself.
        __________________
          #5110    
        Old May 27th, 2013 (12:25 PM).
        Astinus's Avatar
        Astinus Astinus is offline
        Remember NovEnder
           
          Join Date: May 2006
          Location: Connecticut, USA
          Age: 30
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 9,923
          I wouldn't mind seeing some Hoenn Pokemon in X/Y. There are plenty of amazing Hoenn Pokemon I never got the chance to use in R/S/E, and new games would be a great opportunity to use them.

          It wouldn't be a problem if there weren't a lot of Hoenn Pokemon in Kalos's Pokedex, but a decent amount would be nice.
          __________________

          Now nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody speaks my name
          I'm just another blister in the mouth of shame
          A bug in Ender's Game

            #5111    
          Old May 27th, 2013 (4:40 PM).
          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
          10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
             
            Join Date: Apr 2010
            Location: Oregon
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 17,212
            I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.
            __________________
            # TeamRowlet
            I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
            https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
            https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
              #5112    
            Old May 27th, 2013 (4:55 PM).
            colours's Avatar
            colours colours is offline
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 28,710
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
            I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.
            Totally agreeing with this! Haha, I guess it's kind of bad that I forgot Spiritomb was a Pokemon. .____.;; So here's to hoping it makes some sort of presence in X/Y, however unlikely it might be. It might be kind of interesting to give it some sort of evolution, as it isn't really the best competitive fighter, so maybe giving it some sort of oomph helps?
            __________________
            infinite colours

            we're living limitless

              #5113    
            Old May 28th, 2013 (1:31 AM).
            vaporeon7's Avatar
            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,154
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
            I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.
            I'd like this as well. Though I wouldn't like it to be a Pokémon that can just be found in the wild. I think it should still be a once-only Pokémon, but this time it shouldn't need some ridiculous requirements to get.
            __________________
              #5114    
            Old May 28th, 2013 (1:51 AM).
            Sabrewulf238's Avatar
            Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 2,196
              I hope they update the pokemon cries too. Make sure they're still recognisable, but better quality.

              Also I hope they try to differentiate some of the first and second gen cries that sound similar. That's the only case where I wouldn't mind if their cries changed.

              I'm not THAT much of a stickler for the cries and honestly I would be more protective of the 4th/5th gen cries (you know the actual good ones) then I would about the older beepboopbeep ones.
              __________________
              Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
              Send me a pm if you add me.
                #5115    
              Old May 28th, 2013 (3:08 AM).
              Guy Guy is offline
              just a guy
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Sep 2008
              Location: Florida
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 7,190
              I'm all for more Hoenn Pokémon, although not too much because let's save them for the remakes (Hehehe). Question is, if there are a number of Hoenn Pokémon in the game, how many of them are getting new evolutions or pre-evolutions added to their lines.

              I hope the cries get an update and sound a bit more natural. I think with the new graphics for battles and Pokémon, it'd be kind of weird hearing a lot of them with 8-bit cries still.
                #5116    
              Old May 28th, 2013 (3:56 AM).
              colours's Avatar
              colours colours is offline
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Apr 2005
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 28,710
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
              Question is, if there are a number of Hoenn Pokémon in the game, how many of them are getting new evolutions or pre-evolutions added to their lines.

              I hope the cries get an update and sound a bit more natural. I think with the new graphics for battles and Pokémon, it'd be kind of weird hearing a lot of them with 8-bit cries still.
              I'd imagine a good lot of them would, though that's just me, personally. :x It'd be nice to at least some interesting new Gen III evos though!

              Also agreeing with you on the cries. It was awkward when Pokemon Colosseum/XD did them (did they? It seemed so), I'd rather for some more...clearer and better-sounding cries, if that makes sense.
              __________________
              infinite colours

              we're living limitless

                #5117    
              Old May 28th, 2013 (6:45 AM).
              Jake♫'s Avatar
              Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
              ► My Happy Little Pill 
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Location: New York
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 2,950
              Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P
              __________________
                #5118    
              Old May 28th, 2013 (7:02 AM).
              rhettz_emboar's Avatar
              rhettz_emboar rhettz_emboar is offline
              Did you just pee??
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2013
                Location: Philippines
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 66
                B2W2 pokemon return would be great.
                i would also like to see some sinnoh poke in the ganme
                __________________


                I hate people like you..
                [/SIZE]
                  #5119    
                Old May 28th, 2013 (7:12 AM).
                Blue's Avatar
                Blue Blue is offline
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: United Kingdom
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 19,041
                My ideal Pokedex would be made up of a moderately sized group of Kanto and Johto Pokemon, even more Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon, fewer Unova Pokemon and then obviously the new Kalos Pokemon.
                __________________
                  #5120    
                Old May 28th, 2013 (7:20 AM).
                colours's Avatar
                colours colours is offline
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2005
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 28,710
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P
                Oh of course! It'd be quite odd to me as well if all of the Gen III Pokemon in these games were to be given an evolution! Going by that logic, there would be a Crawdaunt evo (assuming that Crawdaunt is in these games which is pretty likely for the most part), and I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about that, though I'm sure it might come across as strange to some.

                Aside from that though, I'm fine if there's a large amount of Hoenn Pokes with not many evos this time around. At least we finally get a game that recognizes Hoenn and it's Pokemon, something that arguably long overdue.
                __________________
                infinite colours

                we're living limitless

                  #5121    
                Old May 28th, 2013 (7:23 AM).
                Jake♫'s Avatar
                Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
                ► My Happy Little Pill 
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: New York
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 2,950
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                Oh of course! It'd be quite odd to me as well if all of the Gen III Pokemon in these games were to be given an evolution! Going by that logic, there would be a Crawdaunt evo (assuming that Crawdaunt is in these games which is pretty likely for the most part), and I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about that, though I'm sure it might come across as strange to some.

                Aside from that though, I'm fine if there's a large amount of Hoenn Pokes with not many evos this time around. At least we finally get a game that recognizes Hoenn and it's Pokemon, something that arguably long overdue.
                I agree completely. Although there was definitely a large handful of Hoenn Pokémon that got brought back into the B2/W2 Pokédex (and I posted a full list somewhere like a month ago, but I'm not going to go dig that up =P BUT there was probably around 10-13 families in there!), I'd love to see more of them get brought back again. And I'd love a Crawdaunt evolution, especially with how well he got treated with the physical/special split in Gen IV. He's now decent, but an evolution would be fantastic.
                __________________
                  #5122    
                Old May 28th, 2013 (7:31 AM).
                colours's Avatar
                colours colours is offline
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2005
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 28,710
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                I agree completely. Although there was definitely a large handful of Hoenn Pokémon that got brought back into the B2/W2 Pokédex (and I posted a full list somewhere like a month ago, but I'm not going to go dig that up =P BUT there was probably around 10-13 families in there!), I'd love to see more of them get brought back again. And I'd love a Crawdaunt evolution, especially with how well he got treated with the physical/special split in Gen IV. He's now decent, but an evolution would be fantastic.
                Honestly, what I'd like to see in these games is a good tribute to the old Hoenn legendaries. I know it's been mentioned that it is incredibly unlikely that Jirachi would make an appearance due to the conflict of wishing vs Genetics (both have nothing to do with each other), but I suppose that argument can be made as far as HG/SS's inclusion of both Groudon and Kyogre (and I think Rayquaza?). Unless I'm wrong, I felt like they were kind of thrown in there "just because" (along with Latios and Latias, go figure!), so why not do the same with this generation?
                __________________
                infinite colours

                we're living limitless

                  #5123    
                Old May 28th, 2013 (7:48 AM).
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                  Location: Oregon
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 17,212
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                  Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P
                  Marill is from gen 2 xD
                  So Zigzagoon is the only one we really have according to what we've seen of the dex in scans. An evolution for Linoone would be cool, though it's one of the regional Rodents so I sort of doubt it'll get one

                  I feel like Jirachi should be saved for the remakes or for third version (like Mew was in Emerald), it'll be quite strange to see it. I just noticed something, that's that most games don't have out of region in game event (as in mystery gift item and you catch it)Pokemon, so far I can only think of the Generation 3 and 4 third versions and the remakes made during those generations. So the chances of in game event are low for these games it seems
                  __________________
                  # TeamRowlet
                  I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                  https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                  https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                    #5124    
                  Old May 28th, 2013 (7:53 AM).
                  Jake♫'s Avatar
                  Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
                  ► My Happy Little Pill 
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Location: New York
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 2,950
                  Well, Azurill came in Gen III, so I guess I was going off that, but yes, Marill is technically Gen II, my bad =P

                  Agreeing on Jirachi being saved. Honestly, I think I was the one to bring up the point originally (probably not lol), but wishing and genetics really just don't go together. Genetics being based on science and wishing being some mystical force just don't really seem to go together honestly.
                  __________________
                    #5125    
                  Old May 28th, 2013 (7:57 AM).
                  colours's Avatar
                  colours colours is offline
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 28,710
                  Quote:
                  Agreeing on Jirachi being saved. Honestly, I think I was the one to bring up the point originally (probably not lol), but wishing and genetics really just don't go together. Genetics being based on science and wishing being some mystical force just don't really seem to go together honestly.
                  But even then, like I said, it's not like this is the first time Gamefreak has thrown in legendary Pokemon into a game for no particular reason, really. Which is why I thought it wouldn't hurt in these games, though as a whole, I agree with you. xD;
                  __________________
                  infinite colours

                  we're living limitless

                  Closed Thread
                  Quick Reply

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:05 PM.