The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Sixth Generation
X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1451    
Old January 19th, 2013 (7:17 PM).
François's Avatar
François François is offline
#FutureSun&MoonMod
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Batisques
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Posts: 396
I was thinking:
50% boost to poison attacks
Damage to non-poisons per turn (except steel?)
Steel types no longer immune (in which case the passive damage would effect the steel types)

If GameFreak wanted to go really wild they could like, give each poison type attack a 30% chance of inflicting bad poisoning, or something. And there could be Swift Swim/Solar Power/Rain Dish equivalents, too.
__________________


Relevant Advertising!

  #1452    
Old January 19th, 2013 (7:20 PM).
colours's Avatar
colours colours is offline
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 28,710
Hm...I suppose that could work! Assuming that maybe the new poison type Pokemon would have these probable abilities. :x But I like Shawn's idea of acid rain. <3 Seems like something pretty damn cool. XD

Also, Gunk Shot could have 100% accuracy in Acid Rain, which would make it pretty deadly~!
__________________
infinite colours

we're living limitless

  #1453    
Old January 19th, 2013 (7:39 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Oregon
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 17,212
    It's about time they added new weather. If I recall correctly gen II was the last generation to introduce weather and new types...so those two may come up again.
    I'm really hoping for that acid rain, been wanting it since last generation.
    __________________
    # TeamRowlet
    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
      #1454    
    Old January 19th, 2013 (8:52 PM).
    HRforges's Avatar
    HRforges HRforges is offline
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 18
      It does suck how game freak totally nerfed poison in gen II, but they had to so despite how much I want acid rain/boosts to poison overall I don't see it happening
        #1455    
      Old January 19th, 2013 (9:50 PM).
      colours's Avatar
      colours colours is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 28,710
      I mean, the more I think about it, I suppose you can say that the poison type gets small boosts here and there. I mentioned in an earlier post that Poison Tail/Cross Poison were at least steps in the right direction, and adding a base 120 poison attack(aka Gunk Shot) was another step, but I personally feel a lot more can be done, especially since poison is pretty decent defensively, but horrible offensively, so it's like these attacks don't really matter much.
      __________________
      infinite colours

      we're living limitless

        #1456    
      Old January 19th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
      HRforges's Avatar
      HRforges HRforges is offline
         
        Join Date: Jan 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 18
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
        I mean, the more I think about it, I suppose you can say that the poison type gets small boosts here and there. I mentioned in an earlier post that Poison Tail/Cross Poison were at least steps in the right direction, and adding a base 120 poison attack(aka Gunk Shot) was another step, but I personally feel a lot more can be done, especially since poison is pretty decent defensively, but horrible offensively, so it's like these attacks don't really matter much.
        True. But let's say acid rain is added, and let's assume it will bump gunk shots accuracy to 100%, then let's assume that a poke will get a drizzle like ability, now ask yourself "do I want to have to have a steel type in my team just to counter frickin muck?". What I think could be done for the poison type is: give them a move similar to foresight (instead allowing to hit steel types with poison moves. Except this one would act like an entry hazard.) and some better poison types, yes I know there are a lot of good ones but poison hasn't had a real boost (pokemon wise) since gen 4.
          #1457    
        Old January 20th, 2013 (12:50 AM).
        Forever's Avatar
        Forever Forever is offline
        a sky full of lighters ☆
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Nov 2005
        Location: Queensland
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 35,003
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pokemon_Hero View Post
        BTW, the 3ds logo is on the right instead on left, is there a specific reason why the have changed it after so many years?
        Hmmm idk, maybe to mark a change in console generations? Like technically I don't really think there's a reason why but that's really the only reason I can think of, unless all 3DS logos are on that side and these games are just following suit.
        __________________

        this one's for you and me, living out our dreams
        we're all right where we should be
          #1458    
        Old January 20th, 2013 (2:04 AM).
        Platinum Lucario's Avatar
        Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
        The Legendary Master of Light!
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 1,561
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by HRforges View Post
        It does suck how game freak totally nerfed poison in gen II, but they had to so despite how much I want acid rain/boosts to poison overall I don't see it happening :(
        If you're talking about the "Acid Rain", it was a glitch in Generation IV which was caused by moves like trick room and then using Sunny Day/Hail/Rain Dance/Sandstorm, which ends up cycling through the different weather effects.

        There would be no way it would benefit in Pokémon X and Y if it was brought back, knowing that it was removed in Generation V. :P

        But in regards to the Poison status ailment taking damage outside of battle, it was removed in Generation V. Maybe it was because of too many people complaining about having to rush back to the Pokémon Center each time when they didn't have a Full Heal, Pecha Berry or Antidote? I'm sure we're bound to see the same sort of thing as Generation V with the "not taking any damage from Poison status ailment outside of battle" sort of thing.
        __________________
        [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
        If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
        Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
        It's time to change the future...
        to a positive direction!

        Let's prevent things from getting bad!

        I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
        Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
          #1459    
        Old January 20th, 2013 (3:04 AM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by Spinosaurus.
        Spinosaurus's Avatar
        Spinosaurus Spinosaurus is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Posts: 4,567
          3DS bar was always on the right yeah. :) They changed it to differentiate it from the DS because it's a new hardware, like how the PS3 had the header on the border next to the spine instead of the PS2 where it was on top. (Though they changed it back on top 2 years later, but it was still different in that it was smaller.)



          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
          Argh, so much hate in this post. Gamefreak utilized the DS's capabilities to the maximum in fifth gen, that's what the DS could achieve. So pretty much your first statement is redundant. You can't expect that Gamefreak is going to come out first try with out of the ball park graphics, but look how much 5th gen has improved of 4th gen, graphics wise. And by the way, BW2 was no where near lacklustre, read the reviews. 9.6 on IGN means it's good, not bad.
          I've seen better looking games on the DS, and even better looking launch games. I'm starting to wonder if Pokemon is the only game you play. But, about your point that I can't expect "GameFreak to hit the ball park"...that IS what I'm doing, and that IS what you're getting mad about apparently.

          Your point about BW2 reviews is moot. Assassin's Creed 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken got great reviews, where the former was a glitchy, badly designed mess of a game and the former was terribly unbalanced and completely insulted customers with it's disgusting DLC policy. Want to know why they still got good reviews? Because they're big brands, and reviewers are afraid to give them bad scores because they'd lose money. Same case with Pokemon. Not to say B/W2 is a bad game, but really really lackluster, and I'll tell you basically why - it felt more like super B/W rather than B/W2. It was an update, not a sequel. An update to games that should have been like that in the first place.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
          You are aware the games come out in 9 months yea? Meaning what we saw isn't final hence the point of this thread i.e. we are all speculating including you.

          While you may have been disappointed watching Black/White 2, which were actual improvements over Black/white, I don't understand why be this abysmal over an unreleased game that most people agree looks pretty good in its unfinished state.
          Yes, and I'm speculating that the games won't be that much different from its trailer. Why am I wrong if I'm doing basically what everyone is doing, except criticizing instead of praising? How is praising unfinished content any better? Or maybe that's why? Because I'm criticizing? 9 months means nothing, and when you consider the fact games usually go gold a month or two before release, it means even less. A lot of games take way more than 9 months to show any improvement. Also...
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
          I don't understand why be this abysmal over an unreleased game that most people agree looks pretty good in its unfinished state.
          MOST? Is PC the only place you go to? If you think I'm bad, I know a particular forum that is completely ripping apart the graphics and laughing at it. (and no, they're not anti-pokemon.)
          This is a POKEMON forum, everyone is gonna praise it because it's their favorite franchise, and most only played Pokemon so the change to 3D is like a first to them, hence revolutionary. A lot of people thought PS1 game were amazing looking back then, when in reality the PS1 is the worst console to own graphically, and everyone realized that now.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
          Hey, he has his own opinion. I can respect that.
          THANK YOU. It's hard to criticize games without fans jumping at you like you're wrong. >_>
          __________________

          Twitter - Tumblr
            #1460    
          Old January 20th, 2013 (3:47 AM).
          Mujahid's Avatar
          Mujahid Mujahid is offline
          Sir Froakie is impressed.
             
            Join Date: Feb 2010
            Location: India
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 607
            Did anyone see Pokemon Smash ?!
            There are talks that they showed an Eevee behind a black Circle Numbered 8 ...8th Eevee Evo confirmed ?!
            __________________
              #1461    
            Old January 20th, 2013 (5:01 AM).
            Blue's Avatar
            Blue Blue is offline
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: United Kingdom
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 19,052
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
            Did anyone see Pokemon Smash ?!
            There are talks that they showed an Eevee behind a black Circle Numbered 8 ...8th Eevee Evo confirmed ?!
            Yeah, I saw this too. I'm hoping this is the case considering they were dressing up as the other eeveelutions throughout the show.
            __________________
              #1462    
            Old January 20th, 2013 (5:18 AM).
            sρεcтяα's Avatar
            sρεcтяα sρεcтяα is offline
            Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
               
              Join Date: Jan 2013
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 65
              Asides from the 1st Gen, Eevee evolutions have only been introduced in even-numbered generations, and given all the hints dropped, it seems likely we'll see at least one more...although what type? I'd quite like to see a Flying-type next, and/or a Rock or Ground-type.
                #1463    
              Old January 20th, 2013 (6:27 AM).
              HRforges's Avatar
              HRforges HRforges is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 18
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                If you're talking about the "Acid Rain", it was a glitch in Generation IV which was caused by moves like trick room and then using Sunny Day/Hail/Rain Dance/Sandstorm, which ends up cycling through the different weather effects.

                There would be no way it would benefit in Pokémon X and Y if it was brought back, knowing that it was removed in Generation V.

                But in regards to the Poison status ailment taking damage outside of battle, it was removed in Generation V. Maybe it was because of too many people complaining about having to rush back to the Pokémon Center each time when they didn't have a Full Heal, Pecha Berry or Antidote? I'm sure we're bound to see the same sort of thing as Generation V with the "not taking any damage from Poison status ailment outside of battle" sort of thing.
                No. What I meant is that in gen II game freak brought in steel and darke, both nerfing the three most OP types gost,psychic,poison. And by acid rain I didn't mean the glitch you mentioned I meant the fan idea of poison getting weather. Plus I think they should bring back poison doing damage outside of battle, it would bring back a level of difficulty that I have missed but not the mechanics of gen IVs because you poke wouldn't faint but instead survive on 1 HP.
                  #1464    
                Old January 20th, 2013 (6:37 AM).
                François's Avatar
                François François is offline
                #FutureSun&MoonMod
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2013
                Location: Batisques
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 396
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by HRforges View Post
                No. What I meant is that in gen II game freak brought in steel and darke, both nerfing the three most OP types gost,psychic,poison. And by acid rain I didn't mean the glitch you mentioned I meant the fan idea of poison getting weather. Plus I think they should bring back poison doing damage outside of battle, it would bring back a level of difficulty that I have missed but not the mechanics of gen IVs because you poke wouldn't faint but instead survive on 1 HP.
                You don't think they went a bit far with the nerf for poison, though? It's probably the second worst offensive type there is (after normal). And defensive despite its decent lack of weaknesses it's nothing special. I don't think GameFreak would be worried about overpowering it, and many fans have been calling for some help for the type for quite a while. GF eventually helped bugs, maybe Gen VI will be poison's turn.
                  #1465    
                Old January 20th, 2013 (6:56 AM).
                Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                Gaiden
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2010
                  Location: Toronto, Ontario
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 4,488
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by HRforges View Post
                  No. What I meant is that in gen II game freak brought in steel and darke, both nerfing the three most OP types gost,psychic,poison. And by acid rain I didn't mean the glitch you mentioned I meant the fan idea of poison getting weather. Plus I think they should bring back poison doing damage outside of battle, it would bring back a level of difficulty that I have missed but not the mechanics of gen IVs because you poke wouldn't faint but instead survive on 1 HP.
                  This might be a whim, but I think they were aiming towards how pokemon have a system similar to white blood cells attacking those viruses that cause poison, so... they can soon feel better on their own. But yeah, I remember how frustrating it was to run from wherever I am en route to the pokemon center before my pokemon fainted from poison.
                  __________________

                  Hawthorne Guardian
                  Moderator of Video Games
                  Paired to: Perdition Haze

                  Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                  Sylvie
                    #1466    
                  Old January 20th, 2013 (7:02 AM).
                  Forever's Avatar
                  Forever Forever is offline
                  a sky full of lighters ☆
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2005
                  Location: Queensland
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 35,003
                  Ya I like it how it was in the previous (recent) games because I'd rather not run like crazy to a Pokemon Center really. :( BUT I feel bad for the mons so I heal their status anyway because I'm a good person like that. :)
                  __________________

                  this one's for you and me, living out our dreams
                  we're all right where we should be
                    #1467    
                  Old January 20th, 2013 (7:08 AM).
                  colours's Avatar
                  colours colours is offline
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 28,710
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by HRforges View Post
                  True. But let's say acid rain is added, and let's assume it will bump gunk shots accuracy to 100%, then let's assume that a poke will get a drizzle like ability, now ask yourself "do I want to have to have a steel type in my team just to counter frickin muck?". What I think could be done for the poison type is: give them a move similar to foresight (instead allowing to hit steel types with poison moves. Except this one would act like an entry hazard.) and some better poison types, yes I know there are a lot of good ones but poison hasn't had a real boost (pokemon wise) since gen 4.
                  You could say the same about Hydro Pump/Thunder in the Rain, as well as Fire Blast in Sun, so I think it would be pretty fair if Gunk Shot also had 100% accuracy. I mean, sure, the only type that resists it is steel, but like many before me have said, it's not like poison types have great offensive power anyway, so aside from Muk, you're really not losing much. That, and Muk is a pretty slow Pokemon, and a good supereffective attack or two usually knocks it out.

                  Quote:
                  You don't think they went a bit far with the nerf for poison, though? It's probably the second worst offensive type there is (after normal). And defensive despite its decent lack of weaknesses it's nothing special. I don't think GameFreak would be worried about overpowering it, and many fans have been calling for some help for the type for quite a while. GF eventually helped bugs, maybe Gen VI will be poison's turn.
                  Totally agreeing with this post. I think it's kind of high time that poison really got a significant boost to catch up with the other types, and it's kind of disappointing because, even though there are pretty decent poison types out there like Drapion, it really doesn't say much as there's only so much damage Cross Poison can really do, and Drapion falls within the lucky ones because of Swords Dance.
                  __________________
                  infinite colours

                  we're living limitless

                    #1468    
                  Old January 20th, 2013 (7:59 AM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by HRforges.
                  HRforges's Avatar
                  HRforges HRforges is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 18
                    [QUOTE=Twilight Sky;7501711]You could say the same about Hydro Pump/Thunder in the Rain, as well as Fire Blast in Sun, so I think it would be pretty fair if Gunk Shot also had 100% accuracy. I mean, sure, the only type that resists it is steel, but like many before me have said, it's not like poison types have great offensive power anyway, so aside from Muk, you're really not losing much. That, and Muk is a pretty slow Pokemon, and a good supereffective attack or two usually knocks it out.[QUOTE=twilight Sky;7501711] (SCREW IT YOU GUYS CAN SEE THAT IT IS A QUOTE. In bold for visibility)

                    I see your point. Muk was just a place holder name.

                    Regardless of what I've said, I think poison should get boosted a bit I was just simply showing how ironic it is that poison gets nerfed gen II then possibly gets boosted 4 gens later.
                      #1469    
                    Old January 20th, 2013 (8:47 AM).
                    colours's Avatar
                    colours colours is offline
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2005
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 28,710
                    I'd think of it more like poison getting little tiny baby step boosts here and there. If it's not new poison-type Pokemon, then it's some new poison moves here and there, nothing too special or anything like that. It's kind of a shame really, and even bug, which is supposed to be on an equal level, got a significant boost with Bug Buzz as well as Quiver dance. @_@ If poison types got something equivalent to Quiver Dance(or something similar), then that would be a pretty good boost, at least, to me.
                    __________________
                    infinite colours

                    we're living limitless

                      #1470    
                    Old January 20th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
                    Bluerang1's Avatar
                    Bluerang1 Bluerang1 is offline
                    pin pin
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Location: Hiougi City
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 2,548
                      So how about a Legendary quartet representing the 4 elements and being based off the GCAT of genetics?

                      Also, I think the cute legend would be a squirrel with two tail so it makes a W shape.
                      __________________
                      3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
                      Pokémon X
                      Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
                        #1471    
                      Old January 20th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
                      Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                      Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Gender: Other
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 5,601
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                        You could say the same about Hydro Pump/Thunder in the Rain, as well as Fire Blast in Sun, so I think it would be pretty fair if Gunk Shot also had 100% accuracy. I mean, sure, the only type that resists it is steel, but like many before me have said, it's not like poison types have great offensive power anyway, so aside from Muk, you're really not losing much. That, and Muk is a pretty slow Pokemon, and a good supereffective attack or two usually knocks it out.
                        Only Thunder and Hurricane become 100% accuracy when under Rain weather conditions. No other attacks have this ability. Both attacks also share another common ability, they lose accuracy when under sunlight.

                        If you are basing it off of those two, then there really isn't much in common as neither get type bonus from Rain Dance, and Gunk Shot would have to drop to 50% accuracy in an "opposing" weather type. As for the Acid Rain deal, that's not so much a real weather condition, though it can be argued that neither is Sandstorm for that matter, Acid rain is when chemicals are mixed into the clouds during part of the rain cycle. When it comes back down it has corrosive properties, so really, even Steel shouldn't be immune to it, especially if they make it a water attack as its still water, just very very dirty water.

                        If they add a new Weather attack I hope its a neutral attack that does damage to everything.
                        __________________
                          #1472    
                        Old January 20th, 2013 (12:04 PM).
                        colours's Avatar
                        colours colours is offline
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2005
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 28,710
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                        Only Thunder and Hurricane become 100% accuracy when under Rain weather conditions. No other attacks have this ability. Both attacks also share another common ability, they lose accuracy when under sunlight.

                        If you are basing it off of those two, then there really isn't much in common as neither get type bonus from Rain Dance, and Gunk Shot would have to drop to 50% accuracy in an "opposing" weather type. As for the Acid Rain deal, that's not so much a real weather condition, though it can be argued that neither is Sandstorm for that matter, Acid rain is when chemicals are mixed into the clouds during part of the rain cycle. When it comes back down it has corrosive properties, so really, even Steel shouldn't be immune to it, especially if they make it a water attack as its still water, just very very dirty water.

                        If they add a new Weather attack I hope its a neutral attack that does damage to everything.
                        Fair enough, though unless it's coincidental, I could've sworn that Hydro Pump and Fire Blast get some sort of accuracy boost during their respective weather conditions. oO; Huh. Maybe it's just me, though. I mean, when you think about it, it would sound like something that would make sense, especially since Thunder's accuracy is cut by half in strong sunlight, so I would imagine the same happening to Gunk Shot in opposing weather. Though I wouldn't have an issue with steel being weak to it, as that would be one "advantage" of Acid Rain, so to speak.

                        And as far as a weather attack that does damage to everything...I mean, hail would be the closest thing to that if it weren't for Ice-types benefiting from it. Plus, I would think that kind of attack would mostly be counter-productive anyway, as I don't see the benefits of a weather move if it's going to backhand you in the face, anyway, unless I'm missing something.
                        __________________
                        infinite colours

                        we're living limitless

                          #1473    
                        Old January 20th, 2013 (1:05 PM).
                        vaporeon7's Avatar
                        vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                        My life would suck without you
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 5,154
                        They could create a move/ability that brings in fog like in D/P/Pt.
                        __________________
                          #1474    
                        Old January 20th, 2013 (1:27 PM).
                        sρεcтяα's Avatar
                        sρεcтяα sρεcтяα is offline
                        Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 65
                          It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.

                          Taking that one step further in terms of aesthetics, I'd quite like to see some damage done to the surrounding area to reflect attacks, as well. Say something uses Flamethrower and misses...have it blast a nearby tree. Something uses Explosion and leaves a giant hole in the ground. It'd just be entertaining to see, and make battles more involving.
                            #1475    
                          Old January 20th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
                          Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                          Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                          Gaiden
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2010
                            Location: Toronto, Ontario
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 4,488
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by sρεcтяα View Post
                            It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.

                            Taking that one step further in terms of aesthetics, I'd quite like to see some damage done to the surrounding area to reflect attacks, as well. Say something uses Flamethrower and misses...have it blast a nearby tree. Something uses Explosion and leaves a giant hole in the ground. It'd just be entertaining to see, and make battles more involving.
                            Yeah I do vote on that interactivity; they've provided more step ups in terms of handheld 3-D battling, but I do agree that they can further continue on to that 'anime reality' feel of you know, using the terrain to your advantage!
                            __________________

                            Hawthorne Guardian
                            Moderator of Video Games
                            Paired to: Perdition Haze

                            Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                            Sylvie
                            Closed Thread
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:00 AM.