• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's about time they added new weather. If I recall correctly gen II was the last generation to introduce weather and new types...so those two may come up again.
I'm really hoping for that acid rain, been wanting it since last generation.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
It does suck how game freak totally nerfed poison in gen II, but they had to so despite how much I want acid rain/boosts to poison overall I don't see it happening :(

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
I mean, the more I think about it, I suppose you can say that the poison type gets small boosts here and there. I mentioned in an earlier post that Poison Tail/Cross Poison were at least steps in the right direction, and adding a base 120 poison attack(aka Gunk Shot) was another step, but I personally feel a lot more can be done, especially since poison is pretty decent defensively, but horrible offensively, so it's like these attacks don't really matter much.

True. But let's say acid rain is added, and let's assume it will bump gunk shots accuracy to 100%, then let's assume that a poke will get a drizzle like ability, now ask yourself "do I want to have to have a steel type in my team just to counter frickin muck?". What I think could be done for the poison type is: give them a move similar to foresight (instead allowing to hit steel types with poison moves. Except this one would act like an entry hazard.) and some better poison types, yes I know there are a lot of good ones but poison hasn't had a real boost (pokemon wise) since gen 4.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
BTW, the 3ds logo is on the right instead on left, is there a specific reason why the have changed it after so many years?

Hmmm idk, maybe to mark a change in console generations? Like technically I don't really think there's a reason why but that's really the only reason I can think of, unless all 3DS logos are on that side and these games are just following suit.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It does suck how game freak totally nerfed poison in gen II, but they had to so despite how much I want acid rain/boosts to poison overall I don't see it happening :(

If you're talking about the "Acid Rain", it was a glitch in Generation IV which was caused by moves like trick room and then using Sunny Day/Hail/Rain Dance/Sandstorm, which ends up cycling through the different weather effects.

There would be no way it would benefit in Pokémon X and Y if it was brought back, knowing that it was removed in Generation V. :P

But in regards to the Poison status ailment taking damage outside of battle, it was removed in Generation V. Maybe it was because of too many people complaining about having to rush back to the Pokémon Center each time when they didn't have a Full Heal, Pecha Berry or Antidote? I'm sure we're bound to see the same sort of thing as Generation V with the "not taking any damage from Poison status ailment outside of battle" sort of thing.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
3DS bar was always on the right yeah. :) They changed it to differentiate it from the DS because it's a new hardware, like how the PS3 had the header on the border next to the spine instead of the PS2 where it was on top. (Though they changed it back on top 2 years later, but it was still different in that it was smaller.)
61xeSCMk%2BSL._SL500_.jpg

Argh, so much hate in this post. Gamefreak utilized the DS's capabilities to the maximum in fifth gen, that's what the DS could achieve. So pretty much your first statement is redundant. You can't expect that Gamefreak is going to come out first try with out of the ball park graphics, but look how much 5th gen has improved of 4th gen, graphics wise. And by the way, BW2 was no where near lacklustre, read the reviews. 9.6 on IGN means it's good, not bad.
I've seen better looking games on the DS, and even better looking launch games. I'm starting to wonder if Pokemon is the only game you play. But, about your point that I can't expect "GameFreak to hit the ball park"...that IS what I'm doing, and that IS what you're getting mad about apparently.

Your point about BW2 reviews is moot. Assassin's Creed 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken got great reviews, where the former was a glitchy, badly designed mess of a game and the former was terribly unbalanced and completely insulted customers with it's disgusting DLC policy. Want to know why they still got good reviews? Because they're big brands, and reviewers are afraid to give them bad scores because they'd lose money. Same case with Pokemon. Not to say B/W2 is a bad game, but really really lackluster, and I'll tell you basically why - it felt more like super B/W rather than B/W2. It was an update, not a sequel. An update to games that should have been like that in the first place.
You are aware the games come out in 9 months yea? Meaning what we saw isn't final hence the point of this thread i.e. we are all speculating including you.

While you may have been disappointed watching Black/White 2, which were actual improvements over Black/white, I don't understand why be this abysmal over an unreleased game that most people agree looks pretty good in its unfinished state.
Yes, and I'm speculating that the games won't be that much different from its trailer. Why am I wrong if I'm doing basically what everyone is doing, except criticizing instead of praising? How is praising unfinished content any better? Or maybe that's why? Because I'm criticizing? 9 months means nothing, and when you consider the fact games usually go gold a month or two before release, it means even less. A lot of games take way more than 9 months to show any improvement. Also...
I don't understand why be this abysmal over an unreleased game that most people agree looks pretty good in its unfinished state.
MOST? Is PC the only place you go to? If you think I'm bad, I know a particular forum that is completely ripping apart the graphics and laughing at it. (and no, they're not anti-pokemon.)
This is a POKEMON forum, everyone is gonna praise it because it's their favorite franchise, and most only played Pokemon so the change to 3D is like a first to them, hence revolutionary. A lot of people thought PS1 game were amazing looking back then, when in reality the PS1 is the worst console to own graphically, and everyone realized that now.
Hey, he has his own opinion. I can respect that.
THANK YOU. It's hard to criticize games without fans jumping at you like you're wrong. >_>

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Did anyone see Pokemon Smash ?!
There are talks that they showed an Eevee behind a black Circle Numbered 8 ...8th Eevee Evo confirmed ?!

blue

gucci
Years
Did anyone see Pokemon Smash ?!
There are talks that they showed an Eevee behind a black Circle Numbered 8 ...8th Eevee Evo confirmed ?!

Yeah, I saw this too. I'm hoping this is the case considering they were dressing up as the other eeveelutions throughout the show.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Asides from the 1st Gen, Eevee evolutions have only been introduced in even-numbered generations, and given all the hints dropped, it seems likely we'll see at least one more...although what type? I'd quite like to see a Flying-type next, and/or a Rock or Ground-type.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
If you're talking about the "Acid Rain", it was a glitch in Generation IV which was caused by moves like trick room and then using Sunny Day/Hail/Rain Dance/Sandstorm, which ends up cycling through the different weather effects.

There would be no way it would benefit in Pokémon X and Y if it was brought back, knowing that it was removed in Generation V. :P

But in regards to the Poison status ailment taking damage outside of battle, it was removed in Generation V. Maybe it was because of too many people complaining about having to rush back to the Pokémon Center each time when they didn't have a Full Heal, Pecha Berry or Antidote? I'm sure we're bound to see the same sort of thing as Generation V with the "not taking any damage from Poison status ailment outside of battle" sort of thing.

No. What I meant is that in gen II game freak brought in steel and darke, both nerfing the three most OP types gost,psychic,poison. And by acid rain I didn't mean the glitch you mentioned I meant the fan idea of poison getting weather. Plus I think they should bring back poison doing damage outside of battle, it would bring back a level of difficulty that I have missed but not the mechanics of gen IVs because you poke wouldn't faint but instead survive on 1 HP.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
No. What I meant is that in gen II game freak brought in steel and darke, both nerfing the three most OP types gost,psychic,poison. And by acid rain I didn't mean the glitch you mentioned I meant the fan idea of poison getting weather. Plus I think they should bring back poison doing damage outside of battle, it would bring back a level of difficulty that I have missed but not the mechanics of gen IVs because you poke wouldn't faint but instead survive on 1 HP.

You don't think they went a bit far with the nerf for poison, though? It's probably the second worst offensive type there is (after normal). And defensive despite its decent lack of weaknesses it's nothing special. I don't think GameFreak would be worried about overpowering it, and many fans have been calling for some help for the type for quite a while. GF eventually helped bugs, maybe Gen VI will be poison's turn.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

This might be a whim, but I think they were aiming towards how pokemon have a system similar to white blood cells attacking those viruses that cause poison, so... they can soon feel better on their own. But yeah, I remember how frustrating it was to run from wherever I am en route to the pokemon center before my pokemon fainted from poison.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ya I like it how it was in the previous (recent) games because I'd rather not run like crazy to a Pokemon Center really. :( BUT I feel bad for the mons so I heal their status anyway because I'm a good person like that. :)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
You could say the same about Hydro Pump/Thunder in the Rain, as well as Fire Blast in Sun, so I think it would be pretty fair if Gunk Shot also had 100% accuracy. I mean, sure, the only type that resists it is steel, but like many before me have said, it's not like poison types have great offensive power anyway, so aside from Muk, you're really not losing much. That, and Muk is a pretty slow Pokemon, and a good supereffective attack or two usually knocks it out.
(SCREW IT YOU GUYS CAN SEE THAT IT IS A QUOTE. In bold for visibility)

I see your point. Muk was just a place holder name.

Regardless of what I've said, I think poison should get boosted a bit I was just simply showing how ironic it is that poison gets nerfed gen II then possibly gets boosted 4 gens later.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
So how about a Legendary quartet representing the 4 elements and being based off the GCAT of genetics?

Also, I think the cute legend would be a squirrel with two tail so it makes a W shape.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You could say the same about Hydro Pump/Thunder in the Rain, as well as Fire Blast in Sun, so I think it would be pretty fair if Gunk Shot also had 100% accuracy. I mean, sure, the only type that resists it is steel, but like many before me have said, it's not like poison types have great offensive power anyway, so aside from Muk, you're really not losing much. That, and Muk is a pretty slow Pokemon, and a good supereffective attack or two usually knocks it out.

Only Thunder and Hurricane become 100% accuracy when under Rain weather conditions. No other attacks have this ability. Both attacks also share another common ability, they lose accuracy when under sunlight.

If you are basing it off of those two, then there really isn't much in common as neither get type bonus from Rain Dance, and Gunk Shot would have to drop to 50% accuracy in an "opposing" weather type. As for the Acid Rain deal, that's not so much a real weather condition, though it can be argued that neither is Sandstorm for that matter, Acid rain is when chemicals are mixed into the clouds during part of the rain cycle. When it comes back down it has corrosive properties, so really, even Steel shouldn't be immune to it, especially if they make it a water attack as its still water, just very very dirty water.

If they add a new Weather attack I hope its a neutral attack that does damage to everything.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.

Taking that one step further in terms of aesthetics, I'd quite like to see some damage done to the surrounding area to reflect attacks, as well. Say something uses Flamethrower and misses...have it blast a nearby tree. Something uses Explosion and leaves a giant hole in the ground. It'd just be entertaining to see, and make battles more involving.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.

Taking that one step further in terms of aesthetics, I'd quite like to see some damage done to the surrounding area to reflect attacks, as well. Say something uses Flamethrower and misses...have it blast a nearby tree. Something uses Explosion and leaves a giant hole in the ground. It'd just be entertaining to see, and make battles more involving.

Yeah I do vote on that interactivity; they've provided more step ups in terms of handheld 3-D battling, but I do agree that they can further continue on to that 'anime reality' feel of you know, using the terrain to your advantage!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

That's pretty much Water Pledge, Fire Pledge and Grass Pledge. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back