The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Sixth Generation
Version Differences

Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 8th, 2013 (3:09 PM).
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
My life would suck without you
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 5,154
Aside from the obvious version exclusive Pokémon, what other version differences do you think will exist in X and Y? Will there be exclusive locations like the Unova games, or maybe whole new exclusive features? What existing Pokémon do you think will be made into version exclusives?

Discuss!
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old January 8th, 2013 (3:12 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
≫ the emperor ≪
  • Super Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 24
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,997
I hope there are some differing areas like B2W2 did. I hope not different features though, as it'd be weird to have one feature in X and a different one in Y...unless there's like a challenge mode and easy mode to unlock and share with other games, that'd be nice. If they're gonna have different features in the two, being able to link to the other game and share would be great.
__________________
≫ this is my other self!
persona | gun
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old January 8th, 2013 (3:16 PM).
diamondmutt1111's Avatar
diamondmutt1111 diamondmutt1111 is offline
A wild summer appeared!
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Phenac City, Orre
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
    I hope there are some differing areas like B2W2 did. I hope not different features though, as it'd be weird to have one feature in X and a different one in Y...unless there's like a challenge mode and easy mode to unlock and share with other games, that'd be nice. If they're gonna have different features in the two, being able to link to the other game and share would be great.
    I agree, maybe areas like Xstatic Zone and Yacht Zone (like Black City and White Forest)...or something like that, something WAY more clever than what I just posted, lol
    __________________

    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
    #swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
    Reply With Quote
      #4    
    Old January 8th, 2013 (3:18 PM).
    ~RNC~'s Avatar
    ~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
    Mother Of All Pokemon!!
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 8,725
      I just got on here and was shocked to hear there are new games coming out but have given myself a few minutes to think about it and hope to goodness these games are totally different then B / W and B / W2.
      __________________
      My Trading Thread ---> HERE
      I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
      Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
      My Thread Review ---> HERE
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old January 9th, 2013 (1:03 AM).
      vaporeon7's Avatar
      vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,154
      I hope there are some version exclusive areas again too. But it would be good for them to be interchangeable like they were in B2/W2. I think that some of the version exclusives from other games will be one again, such as Petilil and Cottonee.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old January 9th, 2013 (1:07 AM).
      Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
      Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
      • Developer
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Oct 2004
      Location: New Jersey
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 17,240
      I'm really hoping they won't have version exclusive areas, but considering the reception White Forest and Black City got, I'm sure they'll incorporate that into it. The most I'd prefer would be aesthetic changes to the design of various areas, like what we saw in White 2 and Black 2.
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old January 9th, 2013 (1:11 AM).
      BLOOOD-La-ti-'s Avatar
      BLOOOD-La-ti- BLOOOD-La-ti- is offline
      This is the place to try!
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Earth,use common sense.
        Age: 16
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 217
        There will always be version exclusives,
        And there's supposed to be a version exclusive area,
        so far we only know that there are version exclusive pokemon.
        __________________

        oh check this out:
        http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
        My new account. :3
        Reply With Quote
          #8    
        Old January 9th, 2013 (1:14 AM).
        Captain Fabio's Avatar
        Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Apr 2006
        Location: London, UK
        Age: 27
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 12,259
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
        I'm really hoping they won't have version exclusive areas, but considering the reception White Forest and Black City got, I'm sure they'll incorporate that into it. The most I'd prefer would be aesthetic changes to the design of various areas, like what we saw in White 2 and Black 2.
        Agreed. I wasn't very keen on the idea of 'missing' out on areas of a game, just because I bought one instead of the other. Aesthetic changes would be a nice way of separating the versions, which could be linked to the Legendary Pokemon that is on the selected game.
        Reply With Quote
          #9    
        Old January 9th, 2013 (1:54 AM).
        Platinum Lucario's Avatar
        Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
        The Legendary Master of Light!
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 1,561
        Hm... I'm probably thinking that there might be some towns or even areas that might be version exclusive. But then again... I'm also thinking of something else.

        How about Pokémon X will be about going into the past and future versions of some towns? While Pokémon Y would be more about parallel worlds. I'm sure that would make it even more interesting. But then again... the legendary Pokémon have nothing to do with Time and Space (unlike Dialga and Palkia).

        But as always, there's bound to be version exclusive Pokémon in the game. Who knows if we may see Patrat being exclusive to Pokémon Y?
        __________________
        [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
        If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
        Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
        It's time to change the future...
        to a positive direction!

        Let's prevent things from getting bad!

        I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
        Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
        Reply With Quote
          #10    
        Old January 9th, 2013 (1:55 AM).
        Miss Doronjo's Avatar
        Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
        Gaiden
           
          Join Date: Oct 2010
          Location: Toronto, Ontario
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 4,488
          I guess the way I see it, there can be some Exclusive areas, sort of like the Black Tower, the White Forest, the Black Skyscraper, and the White Treehollow, sort of battle-happy areas like those to gain points for prizes. It might be also cool if there were specific areas in each game to catch exclusive pokemon in each exclusive area; sort of like a haven in each. Of course there's exclusive pokemon, where... of course in each game there's an exclusive amount of pokemonn you can catch in each, what kinds of pokemon you can catch in each of them.

          It might be cool if they had more exclusivity like say... exclusive in-game events, or perhaps extra events where you can do different stuff like... exclusive minigames, or the chance to win exclusive handy items for say, EV training or something. The villainous team would also be probably be exclusive; as in, dependent on which version you have, is the team that you fight against; sort of like, Team Aqua vs. Team Magma.
          __________________

          Hawthorne Guardian
          Moderator of Video Games
          Paired to: Perdition Haze

          Pokémon:PhoenixRising
          Sylvie
          Reply With Quote
            #11    
          Old January 9th, 2013 (1:59 AM).
          Blue's Avatar
          Blue Blue is offline
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Jan 2008
          Location: United Kingdom
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 19,052
          Similar to previous games possibly with Gym leaders i.e you battle a certain leader depending on which version you have i.e Drayden/Iris, I'd like to see that again.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #12    
          Old January 9th, 2013 (2:02 AM).
          Forever's Avatar
          Forever Forever is offline
          a sky full of lighters ☆
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2005
          Location: Queensland
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 35,003
          I want more stuff like White Forest and Black City, however, I think there won't be a whole lot of exclusives, given that Unova was all about opposites, ying/yang, whereas these games are about oipposites, sure, it's less about the ying to your yang, and more the opposite of what we've become/who we are.
          __________________

          this one's for you and me, living out our dreams
          we're all right where we should be
          Reply With Quote
            #13    
          Old January 9th, 2013 (2:06 AM).
          Ω Ruby and α Sapphire's Avatar
          Ω Ruby and α Sapphire Ω Ruby and α Sapphire is offline
          Hope will never die! ~Lucina
             
            Join Date: Apr 2011
            Location: Victoria, Australia
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 735
            I'd like to see aesthetic changes relevant to the legendary mascot just like in Unova. If there's too many changes between games people complain because they would have to buy both, but personally I would love some slight change in story and location. I can see that it would be unfair for some people though.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #14    
            Old January 14th, 2013 (1:43 PM).
            Miss Doronjo's Avatar
            Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
            Gaiden
               
              Join Date: Oct 2010
              Location: Toronto, Ontario
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 4,488
              I had a thought; This might sound weird, but, say X&Y has to do with chromosomes. What if version exclusives with X&Y has to do with gender differences? Like, okay, an XX chromosome would generally side with females, and an XY chromosome would generally side with males. What if the version exclusives were like that?

              For instance, what if in Pokemon X, the rival would be a female, and in Pokemon Y, the rival would be male? Or, what if certain gym leaders were male, and the others female? Or, what if in one game, your parent is a father, and in the other, your parent is a mother?

              Just a thought!
              __________________

              Hawthorne Guardian
              Moderator of Video Games
              Paired to: Perdition Haze

              Pokémon:PhoenixRising
              Sylvie
              Reply With Quote
                #15    
              Old January 14th, 2013 (2:18 PM).
              jellotime91 jellotime91 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Posts: 304
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
                Aside from the obvious version exclusive Pokémon, what other version differences do you think will exist in X and Y? Will there be exclusive locations like the Unova games, or maybe whole new exclusive features? What existing Pokémon do you think will be made into version exclusives?

                Discuss!
                I hope B2/W2 have set the trend for version differences. Differences in locales, Pokemon, events, etc... I also loved Ruby & Sapphire's plot differences.

                Give us a real reason to play through both games.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #16    
                Old January 15th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
                Esper's Avatar
                Esper Esper is offline
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2009
                Location: California
                Posts: 10,350
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
                I had a thought; This might sound weird, but, say X&Y has to do with chromosomes. What if version exclusives with X&Y has to do with gender differences? Like, okay, an XX chromosome would generally side with females, and an XY chromosome would generally side with males. What if the version exclusives were like that?

                For instance, what if in Pokemon X, the rival would be a female, and in Pokemon Y, the rival would be male? Or, what if certain gym leaders were male, and the others female? Or, what if in one game, your parent is a father, and in the other, your parent is a mother?

                Just a thought!
                I like the idea of having different characters in the same roles for both games. I don't think it necessarily means that you'd need to have to have different genders, but certainly it's something new they could do that would fit into the themes we think the games are going to have.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #17    
                Old January 15th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
                I.T.'s Avatar
                I.T. I.T. is offline
                The Pokémon Cartel
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Location: Arlen, Texas
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 122
                  PKMN X Version gets a X-shaped city and PKMN Y Version gets a Y shaped city
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old January 15th, 2013 (1:40 PM).
                  vaporeon7's Avatar
                  vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                  My life would suck without you
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,154
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by IAm2Sarcastic4U View Post
                  PKMN X Version gets a X-shaped city and PKMN Y Version gets a Y shaped city :P
                  I don't know how that would work really. Maybe a male Champion in Y and female in X. Or maybe the player's mum in X and dad in Y.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #19    
                  Old January 15th, 2013 (1:54 PM).
                  Captain Gizmo's Avatar
                  Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
                  Legit Boss
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 4,824
                  Pokemon X
                  Player's mom is present but the dad is absent.
                  Rival is a girl
                  A town that worships/protect the forest of Xerneas
                  (If there's 2 sets of trios) One trio exclusive to this version
                  You ride with roller blades

                  Pokemon Y
                  Player's dad is present but the mom is absent
                  Rival is a boy
                  A town that worships/protect the shrine of Yveltal
                  (If there's 2 sets of trios) One trio exclusive to this version
                  You ride with a skateboard


                  That's what I would like to be version exclusive. It's my wishlist even tho some of them probably wouldn't happen x)
                  __________________
                  ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
                  |3DS FC|
                  Reply With Quote
                    #20    
                  Old January 18th, 2013 (8:08 PM).
                  Rivvon's Avatar
                  Rivvon Rivvon is offline
                  Shrewd Strategist
                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2007
                  Location: USA
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 2,383
                  I noticed some people were saying how everything in the trailer seemed France-related until the more desert-like area, so perhaps (and this is a stretch, I know, but still my two cents) there are two regions in-game, and in X you start at region A and go to region B post-game, and in Y it is reversed. Again, it's a big stretch but an interesting concept nonetheless, as it would allow for enough of a version difference to be impactful but it wouldn't make one player feel as though they are missing out on something from the other version.
                  __________________
                  SOREN

                  "My only wish was to see you again."
                  Daily
                  Staff Fire Emblem Collab
                  Reply With Quote
                    #21    
                  Old January 18th, 2013 (8:47 PM).
                  C Payne's Avatar
                  C Payne C Payne is offline
                  Hoenn in 3D!
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                  Location: Va
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 454
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
                  Pokemon X
                  Player's mom is present but the dad is absent.
                  Rival is a girl
                  A town that worships/protect the forest of Xerneas
                  (If there's 2 sets of trios) One trio exclusive to this version
                  You ride with roller blades

                  Pokemon Y
                  Player's dad is present but the mom is absent
                  Rival is a boy
                  A town that worships/protect the shrine of Yveltal
                  (If there's 2 sets of trios) One trio exclusive to this version
                  You ride with a skateboard


                  That's what I would like to be version exclusive. It's my wishlist even tho some of them probably wouldn't happen x)
                  This might force me to buy both at launch then, haha. I've been waiting on a game with your father as the main parental figure, etc. but so far I'm liking Xerneas better than Yveltal.


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
                  I noticed some people were saying how everything in the trailer seemed France-related until the more desert-like area, so perhaps (and this is a stretch, I know, but still my two cents) there are two regions in-game, and in X you start at region A and go to region B post-game, and in Y it is reversed. Again, it's a big stretch but an interesting concept nonetheless, as it would allow for enough of a version difference to be impactful but it wouldn't make one player feel as though they are missing out on something from the other version.
                  Don't worry. As much of a stretch it is, I like the idea in general. Maybe instead of a region though, it'd just be one region but you're blocked off from one half of it until post game(kind of like what everyone expected Black and White to do after Nimbasa City).


                  This is all just interesting talk because of how we aren't sure as to what X and Y really symbolise.
                  __________________
                  Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

                  Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply
                  Quick Reply

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:11 PM.