Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old February 12th, 2013 (7:18 AM).
colours's Avatar
colours colours is online now
skylighted
minds
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • GTGet-Together Event Management
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 29,350
I mean, seeing the Pokemon myself, I really don't care about the Victini resemblance to be honest, it looks really cute to me. o.o; As far as competitive capabilities are concerned, hey, maybe it could become something as lethal as Staraptor is currently. You really never know, because at first glance flying types get overlooked usually because of SR weaknesses and their shared(usually) weakness to three common types: electric, rock, and ice. So yeah, I'm hoping this guy has something up his sleeve for these types~!
__________________

Hard wind blows as the night is born
And the dark feels so safe
My body yearns for that need to start
Cause it's too hard to wait
We're going out tonight with something to prove
Take to the streets and let our demons loose
Put your hands up

Relevant Advertising!

  #227    
Old February 12th, 2013 (7:18 AM).
hughes's Avatar
hughes hughes is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Northeast US
    Age: 24
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 521
    I saw one speculation that said it looks like Ninfia is using Feather Dance in the one picture from the poster. Maybe it is a flying type?
    __________________

    Friend Safari:

    My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
    My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
      #228    
    Old February 12th, 2013 (7:45 AM).
    Katamari's Avatar
    Katamari Katamari is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2012
      Posts: 1,580
      I'm looking at that picture and it doesn't look like FeatherDance at all, although it's hard to say as they like to revamp the designs of attacks.

      Though I would like to believe it is Flying-type just so the people complaining about it being Normal-type would be quiet, but I'm curious as to how that would even work... xD

      Regardless, I don't care what type it is, I love all Eeveelutions and Ninfia is adorable as heck Cx
      __________________
        #229    
      Old February 12th, 2013 (8:12 AM).
      PrimalDialgasaur PrimalDialgasaur is offline
      Primal Sauropod
         
        Join Date: Feb 2013
        Age: 20
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 36
        This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.
          #230    
        Old February 12th, 2013 (8:16 AM).
        .EJ's Avatar
        .EJ .EJ is offline
        everything is purple
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2009
        Location: FL
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 1,606
        Yea not entirely sure about it using feather dance....and also what feathers?

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
        This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.
        __________________
        Wrex. Shepard. Wrex.
          #231    
        Old February 12th, 2013 (8:26 AM).
        Cerberus87's Avatar
        Cerberus87 Cerberus87 is offline
        Mega Houndoom, baby!
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Location: Dream World
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 1,671
          It's not the worst looking Pokémon of all time, but IMO it's the worst eeveelution. It just seems overdesigned and barely fits with the others.
          __________________


          Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
            #232    
          Old February 12th, 2013 (8:31 AM).
          Venitardus's Avatar
          Venitardus Venitardus is offline
          Breeder
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,003
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
            Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Gligar, Gliscor, Emolga, Thundurus, Landorus.

            All are Pokemon without Winged appendages being part Flying. Gligar, Gliscor, and Emolga have skin like webbing that take the place of wings, but still aren't actual wings. It wouldn't be the first time we've had a wingless Flier.

            That said though, I'm shooting Normal. Kinda hope Syddy's Dragon idea is right though cause that would be awesome.
            Dont forget Doduo/Dudrio... they have no wings
            __________________
            Proud owner of the Breeders club.
            • X: Joey •Alpha sapphire: Kimmy • Sun: Joey
            I am a shiny hunter.
            3ds FC: 4468-2394-4701
            Completed Challenges:Shiny Badge Quest
              #233    
            Old February 12th, 2013 (8:36 AM).
            Katamari's Avatar
            Katamari Katamari is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2012
              Posts: 1,580
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
              Dont forget Doduo/Dudrio... they have no wings
              Good point, and they can actually learn Fly .-.

              Same with Golurk, it's not Flying-type but it can still Fly...? I don't think GF really cares if the Pokemon has wings or not, haha.

              __________________
                #234    
              Old February 12th, 2013 (8:39 AM).
              Sirius's Avatar
              Sirius Sirius is offline
              Wrong Thread.
                 
                Join Date: May 2009
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Hardy
                Posts: 53
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
                This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.
                This guy. He seems pretty upset.
                __________________


                  #235    
                Old February 12th, 2013 (8:42 AM).
                François's Avatar
                François François is offline
                #FutureSun&MoonMod
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2013
                Location: Batisques
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 396
                Hmm. Well I like Ninfia, though of all the Eeveelutions it's the least appealing to me. Can't say I know what type it is but if I had to guess I'd go with Flying. I've seen speculation elsewhere that it's a new type but I hope to goodness it's not. Still, the text on the scan is mysterious. "There's a secret in this evelution", "which type?" etc.
                __________________

                  #236    
                Old February 12th, 2013 (8:43 AM).
                Livewire's Avatar
                Livewire Livewire is offline
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2009
                Location: Sunnyshore City
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 14,265
                I'm going to laugh if this thing turns out to be normal typed, haha.
                __________________
                  #237    
                Old February 12th, 2013 (8:54 AM).
                Forever's Avatar
                Forever Forever is offline
                SACRED FIRE
                • Moderator
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2005
                Location: Queensland
                Age: 25
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 35,294
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
                It's not the worst looking Pokémon of all time, but IMO it's the worst eeveelution. It just seems overdesigned and barely fits with the others.
                Well yeah it is overdesigned, but hopefully that's for a specific reason relating to ribbons otherwise it's... very complicated for just one type :(
                __________________

                Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                moderator of the following games
                [ ]
                  #238    
                Old February 12th, 2013 (8:55 AM).
                Esper's Avatar
                Esper Esper is offline
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2009
                Location: California
                Posts: 10,461
                I'd rather like it if it were normal-typed. Still can't shake the bug-type feeling I get from its name though.
                __________________
                  #239    
                Old February 12th, 2013 (8:56 AM).
                Angelroid's Avatar
                Angelroid Angelroid is offline
                Sun X
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                  Location: Canada
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 364
                  I get that, bug type feeling from Ninfia.
                    #240    
                  Old February 12th, 2013 (8:57 AM).
                  colours's Avatar
                  colours colours is online now
                  skylighted
                  minds
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • GTGet-Together Event Management
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 29,350
                  I'm going to laugh if it turns out to either be a new type completely, or something completely unexpected like Dragon. XD
                  __________________

                  Hard wind blows as the night is born
                  And the dark feels so safe
                  My body yearns for that need to start
                  Cause it's too hard to wait
                  We're going out tonight with something to prove
                  Take to the streets and let our demons loose
                  Put your hands up
                    #241    
                  Old February 12th, 2013 (9:00 AM).
                  PrimalDialgasaur PrimalDialgasaur is offline
                  Primal Sauropod
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2013
                    Age: 20
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 36
                    I'm very unhappy. And this being one of the first new Pokemon? (Other then starters or legendaries of course) Was in awe of the landscape, the legendaries and 2/3 starters look great, but this thing....wow, can you say buzzkill? I'm hoping the other Pokemon (hopefully) coming with this scan can match up to the awesomeness of Xerneas/Yveltal.
                      #242    
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (9:01 AM).
                    Schwan's Avatar
                    Schwan Schwan is offline
                    Frontier Brain
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2013
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 101
                      I kinda want this to be normal. If they have another Eeveelution this semester it would make sense for the counterpart to be Ghost - I dunno - I just feel like that makes sense.

                      I've been waiting for a ghost Eevee forever.
                      __________________
                        #243    
                      Old February 12th, 2013 (9:05 AM).
                      Vato Vato is offline
                      This Is Our Last Goodbye
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                        Location: Juarez City, Mexico
                        Age: 19
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 533
                        I like Ninfia, it's just adorable... That is, if you can ignore for a second that it looks like Milotic and Victini's lovechild (with a ribbon). Otherwise it's cute. Here's hoping for something awesome typing-related, like Dragon or Flying ...or both.
                        __________________
                        Hoenn


                        FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
                        VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
                          #244    
                        Old February 12th, 2013 (9:06 AM).
                        Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                        Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                        Gaiden
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2010
                          Location: Toronto, Ontario
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 4,488
                          I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

                          Flying-type
                          • Lightest Eeveelution
                          • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
                          • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
                          • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
                          • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)

                          Poison/Ghost-type
                          • Only Eeveelution shown with teeth in the left-hand side page
                          • Deceptively cute appearance could be used to its advantage if it were a Poison- or Ghost-type, allowing it to gain the element of surprise (and hence adapt?)
                          • Poison: Could relate to the DNA theme of the game, perhaps relating to residue/'wrong' DNA

                          Normal-type
                          • Looks fairly regular, doesn't have any features which are commonly associated with certain types
                          • Could be Eevee's natural evolution, instead of the evolutions which come about due to its DNA instability/adapting to environment

                          Light-type
                          • Insisting on keeping Ninfia's type a secret
                          • Ninfia is sparkling in the artwork of it with the other Eeveelutions (pretty iffy evidence, but)


                          I still bet on it betting Flying or maybe Fighting in some way, but Normal type can be... interesting? I'm not sure if it's going to be a Dragon though. Although, that would be interesting as well.
                          __________________

                          Hawthorne Guardian
                          Moderator of Video Games
                          Paired to: Perdition Haze

                          Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                          Sylvie
                            #245    
                          Old February 12th, 2013 (9:10 AM).
                          colours's Avatar
                          colours colours is online now
                          skylighted
                          minds
                          • Moderator
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • GTGet-Together Event Management
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2005
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 29,350
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
                          I'm very unhappy. And this being one of the first new Pokemon? (Other then starters or legendaries of course) Was in awe of the landscape, the legendaries and 2/3 starters look great, but this thing....wow, can you say buzzkill? I'm hoping the other Pokemon (hopefully) coming with this scan can match up to the awesomeness of Xerneas/Yveltal.
                          You're probably going to be heading on a long road towards disappointment, then. .___.;; I mean, personally, I really don't like setting really high expectations when it comes to GF making Pokemon releases because I like to be pleasantly surprised by what I see. Maybe most Pokemon we'll see in this region would be more cutesy like this one, or perhaps this new eeveelution would be a unique case, and we'll get more competitively-suited Pokemon like we did in Gen IV. You just never know~!
                          __________________

                          Hard wind blows as the night is born
                          And the dark feels so safe
                          My body yearns for that need to start
                          Cause it's too hard to wait
                          We're going out tonight with something to prove
                          Take to the streets and let our demons loose
                          Put your hands up
                            #246    
                          Old February 12th, 2013 (9:21 AM).
                          PrimalDialgasaur PrimalDialgasaur is offline
                          Primal Sauropod
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2013
                            Age: 20
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 36
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                            You're probably going to be heading on a long road towards disappointment, then. .___.;; I mean, personally, I really don't like setting really high expectations when it comes to GF making Pokemon releases because I like to be pleasantly surprised by what I see. Maybe most Pokemon we'll see in this region would be more cutesy like this one, or perhaps this new eeveelution would be a unique case, and we'll get more competitively-suited Pokemon like we did in Gen IV. You just never know~!
                            I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.
                              #247    
                            Old February 12th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
                            Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                            Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                            Gaiden
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2010
                              Location: Toronto, Ontario
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 4,488
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
                              I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.
                              Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

                              I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.
                              __________________

                              Hawthorne Guardian
                              Moderator of Video Games
                              Paired to: Perdition Haze

                              Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                              Sylvie
                                #248    
                              Old February 12th, 2013 (9:28 AM).
                              Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
                              Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline
                              cheeky
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2009
                              Location: somewhere
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Impish
                              Posts: 7,473
                              First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

                              Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.
                              __________________
                                #249    
                              Old February 12th, 2013 (9:31 AM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by PrimalDialgasaur.
                              PrimalDialgasaur PrimalDialgasaur is offline
                              Primal Sauropod
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2013
                                Age: 20
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 36
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
                                Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

                                I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.
                                Thank you! I completely agree with your reasoning. I won't mind if this pink, sparkly, blue eyed, Victini spawn has amazing stats, if he has a 350+ in a special attack, I'll be VERY happy.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
                                First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

                                Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.
                                True. It first seemed Dialga/Palkia seem completely alien, but now, they are both some of my favorite Pokemon (Samurott and Black Kyurem as well) ill get used to it, it's just gonna take awhile unless they start producing some darker Pokemon. (dragon type plzzzzzz)
                                  #250    
                                Old February 12th, 2013 (9:39 AM).
                                Sydian's Avatar
                                Sydian Sydian is offline
                                V A N I T Y
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2008
                                Location: Alabama
                                Age: 24
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 32,086
                                We've seen a total of six Pokemon from the new generation. It's too early to call "oh this generation will all be too cutesy" or "all this stuff is too manly looking" right now. Wait till we have more Pokemon to determine that. Besides, I hated Chespin and Froakie at first, and after a few hours, I got used to them. You just have to let things sink in a bit before you go off hating everything.

                                Also hated Black Kyurem when it was revealed now I love it for no reason...lmao. :( I've just learned to keep my mouth shut on things and wait for it to settle before I say "OH THIS IS UGLY!" or what not. Besides, if you don't like the official art, I'm sure there's tons of fanart now. That's what got me to like Chespin and Froakie. Official art doesn't always do a Pokemon any good.
                                __________________
                                ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                                they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                                challenges | klippy
                                Closed Thread
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:04 PM.