Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 17th, 2013 (12:58 PM).
TrainerTori's Avatar
TrainerTori TrainerTori is offline
Growlithe Fan
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Mitten State!
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 72
    I'm just curious how others store their cards?


    I'm a bit OCD about making sure my cards stay in good condition, so even my basic energies are in sleeves.

    I bought just a cheap 1000 card deck box from walmart but the cards in the sleeves don't fit (well, they do, but they're horridly tight in there and I'm worried about them bending)

    I thought about customizing a photo box and trying to use that.

    Or a binder with pages - but building a deck would be tedious that way, I feel.


    What works for you?
    __________________

    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old January 17th, 2013 (1:20 PM).
    King_21's Avatar
    King_21 King_21 is offline
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Location: Private
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 38
      I put my shiny cards in binders and my deck in sleeves , other common cards are stuffed in tins .
      __________________

      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old January 17th, 2013 (1:20 PM).
      Renpuu's Avatar
      Renpuu Renpuu is offline
      Gengar !
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Oct 2007
        Location: United Kingdom
        Age: 27
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 345
        Hey trainertori ! This is the first time I've seen you in this section =) !

        First of all, all the cards that I feel I will be using which are tournament legal are in Monster Binder Albums as they are the best for your cards to never fall out. Ultra Pro now do similar albums which cards slot in at the side of the pockets so the cards won't fall out if you put the album upside down by mistake.

        I use tins for various commons and uncommon such as basic energies, most of my basic Pokemon and cards which I feel are not tournament worthy.

        Basic energies are very cheap to find and get hold of, but special energy cards such as Double Colorless, Prisim, Blend energy you should keep in an album.

        I would recommend having an album to put all the cards which you feel are valuable to you.
        As long as you don't tightly pack tins and keep them in a cool area, they will not get damaged or get very slight damage (mint to near mint condition)
        Deck boxes can be used to store half of decks or random cards which you may need to use but don't have time or space to put them in a tin or an album.

        I would not sleeve every single card as it will cost you more for the sleeves than what the cards are worth.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old January 17th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is online now
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        Since this is in the Pokemon TCG, I'll stick to my Pokemon cards.

        I actually put all my cards in a box stacked on top of each other like a normal deck. As for my holo cards, I put them in sleeves and I use them as tokens for other tabletop cards since I don't really play the Pokemon TCG
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old January 17th, 2013 (1:30 PM).
        Renpuu's Avatar
        Renpuu Renpuu is offline
        Gengar !
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Oct 2007
          Location: United Kingdom
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 345
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
          Since this is in the Pokemon TCG, I'll stick to my Pokemon cards.

          I actually put all my cards in a box stacked on top of each other like a normal deck. As for my holo cards, I put them in sleeves and I use them as tokens for other tabletop cards since I don't really play the Pokemon TCG
          We don't mind if TCGs share the same binders...I once had a Pokemon binder with Yui-Gi-Oh cards in it XD
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old January 17th, 2013 (1:40 PM). Edited January 17th, 2013 by TrainerTori.
          TrainerTori's Avatar
          TrainerTori TrainerTori is offline
          Growlithe Fan
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: Mitten State!
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 72
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Renpuu View Post
            Hey trainertori ! This is the first time I've seen you in this section =) !

            First of all, all the cards that I feel I will be using which are tournament legal are in Monster Binder Albums as they are the best for your cards to never fall out. Ultra Pro now do similar albums which cards slot in at the side of the pockets so the cards won't fall out if you put the album upside down by mistake.

            I use tins for various commons and uncommon such as basic energies, most of my basic Pokemon and cards which I feel are not tournament worthy.

            Basic energies are very cheap to find and get hold of, but special energy cards such as Double Colorless, Prisim, Blend energy you should keep in an album.

            I would recommend having an album to put all the cards which you feel are valuable to you.
            As long as you don't tightly pack tins and keep them in a cool area, they will not get damaged or get very slight damage (mint to near mint condition)
            Deck boxes can be used to store half of decks or random cards which you may need to use but don't have time or space to put them in a tin or an album.

            I would not sleeve every single card as it will cost you more for the sleeves than what the cards are worth.

            :D I AM new to this section! I just bought my first deck (well, in about a decade!) on Sunday of this week, and myself and a good friend of mine have gotten obscenely addicted.
            We've been playing every night via skype!

            I decided to stick all my cards in sleeves when I started to see the edges getting dinged up and turning white from shuffling. that really bothered me ; and I just remember my cards as a kid that ended up with black flecks all over them from dirt and grime.

            I buy just the cheapo plastic sleeves that are 1$ for 100
            I have just under 200 cards right now (2 theme decks, and about 6 or so boosters)

            If my collection really starts to get massive, I may just start putting cards in sleeves when I put them in a deck.


            I probably won't be playing in a tournament at all - I've not been able to find one here.
            And what /is/ the demographic for that?
            I don't want to be the creepy 24 year old female competing against 10 and 12 year old boys.
            I've seen photos of competitions and most of what I've seen have been that age group, but that could just be what their marketing team is trying to push?
            (I'd also probably get my butt kicked!)


            I may have to invest in a binder
            Right now I have about 12 rares that I've set aside in sleeves that I'm not even playing with.
            If that starts to grow to more than just a page and a half of cards, I may have ot think about a binder!
            Thanks for the tip about the "card holding" sleeves. I've been having issues with that and my card protectors! I shuffle my deck and next thing you know, half my cards are starting to slip out of their sleeves! eep!



            My cards all safe in their plastic sleeves
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old January 17th, 2013 (2:22 PM).
            Renpuu's Avatar
            Renpuu Renpuu is offline
            Gengar !
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: Oct 2007
              Location: United Kingdom
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 345
              Masters Division is 15-16+
              Senior is 11-15
              Junior is for the children

              I've played against mothers in tournaments, so it is not uncommon for females of ANY age to play this game. It's a lot of fun and nobody cares how young or old you are or gender. Families can come and play at times as well !

              Here is a post I did on recommended sleeves since you seem to be having trouble with them:
              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7483088&postcount=3
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old January 19th, 2013 (1:54 AM).
              donavannj's Avatar
              donavannj donavannj is offline
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
              TCGO: donavannj
               
              Join Date: Mar 2005
              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 21,116
              Those clear plastic sleeves aren't really meant to be used for playing the game with. They're mostly just meant to protect the card within binder pages or within display cases or within card boxes.

              Definitely look into getting some proper deck sleeves.
              __________________
              idol trash and game nerd
              Reply With Quote
                #9    
              Old January 19th, 2013 (10:16 AM).
              Demon.'s Avatar
              Demon. Demon. is offline
              Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2011
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 267
                I put them in the binder sleeves and put those inside of the zip up binder i have. Half of them at least. The second half i had to take out because of space issues, so i put those in a second, non zip up, binder i have.
                __________________
                If you play the pokemon trading card game, or if you're just a collector, check out tradecardsonline.com, and be sure to put my name, demonshade, in the referral box if you decide to make an account.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/ACDCRocks780
                Reply With Quote
                  #10    
                Old January 19th, 2013 (11:42 AM).
                cloud354's Avatar
                cloud354 cloud354 is offline
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 17
                  I just keep them in tins
                  Reply With Quote
                    #11    
                  Old January 19th, 2013 (2:59 PM).
                  TrainerTori's Avatar
                  TrainerTori TrainerTori is offline
                  Growlithe Fan
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Location: Mitten State!
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 72
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                    Those clear plastic sleeves aren't really meant to be used for playing the game with. They're mostly just meant to protect the card within binder pages or within display cases or within card boxes.

                    Definitely look into getting some proper deck sleeves.


                    I just got them because they were cheap
                    It's mostly to keep dirty fingers off them ; *tends to play and snack*

                    I actually picked up some ulta pro sleeves and a deck box today ^__^
                    T_T I wanted hot pink, but they only had one pack of those, so I settled for purple
                    __________________

                    Reply With Quote
                    Reply

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:47 PM.