Launchpad Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Launchpad, where you can develop your small ideas, recruit help and form teams.

View Poll Results: Who should be the new team leader?
DrFuji 4 80.00%
dbzmay 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old March 7th, 2013 (6:31 AM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
What happens if I push it?....
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 1,766
    Me and FBI and several others have been bugging Darthatron about his decision. Hopefully, he will finally be able to make his choice soon. At least we know it will be completely thought out!


    While we are waiting, I have a small suggestion: how about everyone who wants to work on the hack provides proof of work and ability here. One post limit, so that when the heads are picked, they can just come here and get a good idea of what we are working with for ability.
    __________________

    Paired with Simba
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #127    
    Old March 7th, 2013 (10:19 AM).
    Kurapika's Avatar
    Kurapika Kurapika is offline
    Grudgebearer
       
      Join Date: Feb 2013
      Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 406
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
      So, I just thought about this now, it's like 3 am here, but whatever :p. What if we brought back all of the old apricot pokeballs from gen II, like the heavy ball and such? In my opinion, it makes catching pokemon have that much more stategy behind it. Just an idea.
      I definitely liked that feature but in the same time hated how Game Freak implemented it: The old guy takes a whole 24 hours to make ONE SINGLE Pokéball... -__-''' + The bag was very limited so items with limited use such as Apricorns end up in the PC (which was ITSELF limited -__-') ...

      TL;DR: The Apricorns feature was very cool but toublesome.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #128    
      Old March 7th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
      barofan's Avatar
      barofan barofan is offline
      Heterosexual Hipster
         
        Join Date: Oct 2011
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 4
        If we can still sign in applications, I shall sign mine in.
        I will get this straight right now, I have no past experience, although I've played plenty of hacks. My English is near perfect in terms of grammar, but also vocabulary. I'm creative and know enough to make hidden references, and I'm always online. Always. Online. I'm not expecting to be the head of anything. If I were to choose a field, it would certainly be Story Development, I can come up with a good story, or probably help with that, as an apprentice. Is this an adequate application or am I too late and do I look a bit like an idiot?
        __________________
        I created this account with the intention of reading alone. Now I'm stuck with this nickname. Baro's a cool guy and all, but Insignificant Candlewax is a far cooler name...
        Reply With Quote
          #129    
        Old March 7th, 2013 (12:52 PM). Edited March 7th, 2013 by karatekid552.
        karatekid552's Avatar
        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
        What happens if I push it?....
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 1,766
          I would like to prove my scripting ability and I guess I should share my proof.


          Well, here are 4 videos of scripts I have made. I didn't include the scripts because many videos had multiple scripts in them, and I just don't have the time right now to find all of them. I would also like to apologize for the speed of the text. When I recorded these, VBA decided it wanted to run at 50% in fullscreen, so I didn't have an accurate judge of the timing. Lastly, I know there are several spelling and grammar mistakes. Anyone who knows me well knows that almost every post I make has been edited for gammer, so for all of you bad-gammerphobes, I am sorry.:p

          Just a little background info on the circumstances of these videos. These come from a small hack I made for my friends in which there is a post-game story where Team Magma and Team Aqua have teamed up after their failures to catch Groudon and Kyogre. There are also several more side quests and stuff, but it is riddled with inside jokes that wouldn't make any sense to most of you, so I never plan on releasing it.



          Ability to change the clock anytime you want!
          Spoiler:




          A guy who rewards you for showing him a Rayquaza:
          Part 1: Right at the beginning of the game.
          Spoiler:


          Part 2: At the end once you have a Rayquaza.
          Spoiler:


          (The reason the broken image of Bulbasaur is in there, is because of a glitch in the game where the first Lz image presented after the title screen is shown without a proper palette, unless you open Birch's bag first. I eliminated Birch's bag in order to create a script which gives you a shiny starter, and this whole thing was a clever way of fixing that problem.:D No joke, without the problem, this guy who rewards for a Rayquaza would not exist.)



          A Quest for A Riolu Egg:

          So, basically, a guy named Prof. Surewood has learned from studying old legends, that the only place Riolu live is a remote mountain called Mt. Aura. He wants you to go and find an egg and bring it back. This video picks up after your long arduous journey right before you find the eggs.

          Spoiler:


          All of these scripts were written over 2 months ago. My abilities have grown since then, but these do show how well I can script.
          __________________

          Paired with Simba
          Reply With Quote
            #130    
          Old March 7th, 2013 (2:17 PM).
          machomuu's Avatar
          machomuu machomuu is offline
          • Crystal Tier
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Apr 2008
          Location: Americalanavania
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 10,239
          Hey, karatekid, could you please spoiler those vids? They make the thread bloated and could be murder on some users' internet.

          Hm...proof of work, huh? As I said in my sign-up, I don't really have any hacks that I consider current in terms of ability, and other than my game ideas and my roleplay characters, I don't have much in the way of proof....
          ...
          ...though, there is a hack idea that I've had on the backburner for years, and I think is rather capable and complex. It's not developed completely yet, and I have to revise it, as I feel that it could only get better that way, but it's something.
          __________________
          Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


          I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
          Reply With Quote
            #131    
          Old March 8th, 2013 (6:02 PM).
          Noossab Blue's Avatar
          Noossab Blue Noossab Blue is offline
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: USA
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 240
            Well, if I end up writing the music, I have plenty of proof for that...



            As far as scripting goes, I've done a few that are decent. I won't post them unless asked, but basically one charges money for the pokecenter, one randomizes starters each time you play through, and I've done the edit/create pretty standard events too.
            __________________
            IGN: Anna/Noossab Blue
            3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450

            Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
            Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

            Reply With Quote
              #132    
            Old March 9th, 2013 (9:38 PM).
            Pinkish Purple's Avatar
            Pinkish Purple Pinkish Purple is offline
            五代目水影
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Kirigakure
            Age: 18
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 368
            I'm a bit late, but oh well...

            Position (multiple if necessary): Depends on what you want
            Proof of Ability (if applicable):http://pinkishdeviant.deviantart.com/gallery/
            Comments (if applicable): I don't know what I am best at, but feel free to browse through that gallery from Deviantart. They are all done by yours truly, and I can take up to 2 positions at once
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #133    
            Old March 12th, 2013 (4:11 AM).
            tajaros's Avatar
            tajaros tajaros is offline
            Hi I'm dawg
               
              Join Date: Apr 2012
              Location: Philippines
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 857
              So I have finally made a vid about the script I made earlier. Though there is no audio.

              Spoiler:


              Just like a normal Pokemon event where the evil team tries to get/steal the Pokemon of the good people. LOL.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #134    
              Old March 12th, 2013 (7:49 AM).
              hinkage's Avatar
              hinkage hinkage is offline
              Everyone currently in an argument with this member: I really suggest you stop.
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Age: 21
              Posts: 378
              Darthatron is never coming back.
              __________________
              (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
              Reply With Quote
                #135    
              Old March 13th, 2013 (1:29 AM).
              tajaros's Avatar
              tajaros tajaros is offline
              Hi I'm dawg
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2012
                Location: Philippines
                Age: 18
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 857
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
                Darthatron is never coming back.
                What?! That can't be true. :(
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #136    
                Old March 13th, 2013 (3:18 AM).
                Darthatron's Avatar
                Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                巨大なトロール。
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2006
                Location: Melbourne, Australia
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 1,152
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
                Darthatron is never coming back.
                ...
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
                What?! That can't be true.
                It's not true.

                I will post a detailed post on the weekend with who will be leading the sections.
                __________________
                あなた は しきしゃ です
                わたし は ばか です
                Reply With Quote
                  #137    
                Old March 13th, 2013 (3:21 AM).
                MrDollSteak's Avatar
                MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                  Location: Hong Kong
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 811
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                  ...

                  It's not true.

                  I will post a detailed post on the weekend with who will be leading the sections.
                  That's good! Will we start devising ideas at that point then?
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #138    
                  Old March 13th, 2013 (5:36 AM).
                  hinkage's Avatar
                  hinkage hinkage is offline
                  Everyone currently in an argument with this member: I really suggest you stop.
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Age: 21
                  Posts: 378
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                  I will post a detailed post on the weekend with who will be leading the sections.
                  Darthatron returns, all according to plan ;D
                  __________________
                  (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
                  Reply With Quote
                    #139    
                  Old March 13th, 2013 (5:42 AM). Edited March 13th, 2013 by U.Flame.
                  U.Flame's Avatar
                  U.Flame U.Flame is offline
                  Suuuper Busy
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                    Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 1,254
                    If it's not too late, I'd like to be a part of this as well.

                    Position: Mapping, note taking if you want
                    Proof of Ability: I'll just attach them. The first is a test map I did long ago, the second is a flooded forest.
                    Comments (if applicable): I'm an experienced Advance Map user, so as long as I have an idea or a description of some sort, I can map it. (You'll have to have someone else do the title editing though) Not much else to say except that I'd love to be a part of this.

                    I can also keep track of notes for anything you want to remember if you want: plans, characters, settings, etc. I may not be the best note-taker, but I can still be organized.
                    Attached Images
                    File Type: png Test Map.png‎ (23.1 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    File Type: png Flooded Forest.png‎ (80.5 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    __________________
                    Hacks I'm working on:
                    Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
                    3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
                    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

                    Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

                    Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

                    Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                    Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                    Reply With Quote
                      #140    
                    Old March 19th, 2013 (12:49 AM).
                    Darthatron's Avatar
                    Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                    巨大なトロール。
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2006
                    Location: Melbourne, Australia
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 1,152
                    Hello all!

                    *drum roll*

                    Here are my decisions for sectional leaders for The Community Hack:

                    Head of Story Development
                    Spoiler:
                    This was by far the most difficult to choose a single leader for since all 3 applicants were absolutely amazing in their own ways. As such, I was hoping we can have all three of them working together at all stages as equals. This means that this position will be a little different to the others.

                    I've already spoken to Pink Parka Girl and Bela, and they are happy with this concept. So, if machomuu also agrees, then this will be done. Otherwise I will be more than happy to just pick one of you. Though I do think this is the best option.

                    The basic idea is that a majority (so two) of the three of you need to agree on an aspect of the story. If at any point, one of you feels that something is not fair, I will step in and sort it out.

                    I'm sure that the three of you will be able to flesh out and amazing story with characters that the players will be able to relate to!


                    Head of Scripting
                    Spoiler:
                    This was a very close battle between all of the applicants. However, hinkage has to win this one because of the diversity of his application. Congratulations, hinkage!

                    The only problem I had was readability. Since we are working as a huge team, we are going to need to be able to understand the scripts more easily.

                    All the other applicants are clearly also skilled in scripting, but simply didn't give anywhere near as many proofs as you did.

                    NarutoActor, tajaros, karatekid552 and Noossab Blue: I'm sure hinkage would love your help with the best ways of getting scripts done.


                    Head of Mapping
                    Spoiler:
                    This section had the most applicants by far and it wasn't an easy choice. Sadly doing what I have done for Story Development wouldn't work so much for mapping, so I had to pick one person. This person was not only picked for their amazing mapping skill, but also the fact that I know they can lead.

                    So congratulations, DrFuji!

                    [1] [2] [3]

                    Of course I don't expect DrFuji to just map out everything we need by himself. I simply feel that he should have some kind of quality control over the maps provided by other members of the team.


                    Head of Graphics
                    Spoiler:
                    Yet another hard choice. I was told by several people throughout my decision time that I should split this up in to categories. I have to disagree. One again, this is not something that can be handled in such a sense. The idea is that this person will be leading the Graphical choices, not that they will be designing everything themselves.

                    That said, I have chosen Anbuja's_BlooDY to lead this. Look through their Deviant Art gallery, I have decided that their style is the most appeasing to my eyes.

                    [1] [2] [3]

                    That said, however: I can not deny 11bayerf1's and Fireworks' amazing talent.

                    The background in the battles in these pictures are fantastic. Though I'm not sure if Fireworks is to thank for them? The main reason you were not picked was because there didn't seem to be much diversity in your Deviant Art gallery.

                    Sadly diversity was also the reason that 11bayerf1 was not picked. The sprites in your Deviant Art gallery are all spectacular! However, the consistency of detail in some of them is underwhelming. The detail in the second sprite in your Fakemon Pokedex is amazing, but a pretty large minority of the rest of the sprites are severely lacking the same "oomph".


                    Head of Programming
                    Spoiler:
                    We may have only had one applicant for this position, but I think that if somebody else had of applied the result would have been the same.

                    Congratulations, shiny quagsire!

                    Your entire application was amazing. Plus all the things we've spoken about in the numerous chats we've had, you clearly know what you are doing.


                    Head of Music
                    Spoiler:
                    Once again only one serious application. And once again an amazing application!

                    Your application was amazing, Noossab Blue. Congratulations!

                    Your compositions are spectacular. I especially love "Desert Symphony". I can't wait to see what we can come up with for this hack!


                    Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work and such, but mainly it was difficult to pick the leaders since the applications were all so good.

                    If anyone has questions about my choices or anything, just ask.

                    Your comments are welcome!

                    Regards,
                    Darthatron.
                    __________________
                    あなた は しきしゃ です
                    わたし は ばか です
                    Reply With Quote
                      #141    
                    Old March 19th, 2013 (2:12 AM).
                    MrDollSteak's Avatar
                    MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                    Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                      Location: Hong Kong
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 811
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                      Hello all!

                      *drum roll*

                      Here are my decisions for sectional leaders for The Community Hack:

                      Head of Story Development
                      Spoiler:
                      This was by far the most difficult to choose a single leader for since all 3 applicants were absolutely amazing in their own ways. As such, I was hoping we can have all three of them working together at all stages as equals. This means that this position will be a little different to the others.

                      I've already spoken to Pink Parka Girl and Bela, and they are happy with this concept. So, if machomuu also agrees, then this will be done. Otherwise I will be more than happy to just pick one of you. Though I do think this is the best option.

                      The basic idea is that a majority (so two) of the three of you need to agree on an aspect of the story. If at any point, one of you feels that something is not fair, I will step in and sort it out.

                      I'm sure that the three of you will be able to flesh out and amazing story with characters that the players will be able to relate to!


                      Head of Scripting
                      Spoiler:
                      This was a very close battle between all of the applicants. However, hinkage has to win this one because of the diversity of his application. Congratulations, hinkage!

                      The only problem I had was readability. Since we are working as a huge team, we are going to need to be able to understand the scripts more easily.

                      All the other applicants are clearly also skilled in scripting, but simply didn't give anywhere near as many proofs as you did.

                      NarutoActor, tajaros, karatekid552 and Noossab Blue: I'm sure hinkage would love your help with the best ways of getting scripts done.


                      Head of Mapping
                      Spoiler:
                      This section had the most applicants by far and it wasn't an easy choice. Sadly doing what I have done for Story Development wouldn't work so much for mapping, so I had to pick one person. This person was not only picked for their amazing mapping skill, but also the fact that I know they can lead.

                      So congratulations, DrFuji!

                      [1] [2] [3]

                      Of course I don't expect DrFuji to just map out everything we need by himself. I simply feel that he should have some kind of quality control over the maps provided by other members of the team.


                      Head of Graphics
                      Spoiler:
                      Yet another hard choice. I was told by several people throughout my decision time that I should split this up in to categories. I have to disagree. One again, this is not something that can be handled in such a sense. The idea is that this person will be leading the Graphical choices, not that they will be designing everything themselves.

                      That said, I have chosen Anbuja's_BlooDY to lead this. Look through their Deviant Art gallery, I have decided that their style is the most appeasing to my eyes.

                      [1] [2] [3]

                      That said, however: I can not deny 11bayerf1's and Fireworks' amazing talent.

                      The background in the battles in these pictures are fantastic. Though I'm not sure if Fireworks is to thank for them? The main reason you were not picked was because there didn't seem to be much diversity in your Deviant Art gallery.

                      Sadly diversity was also the reason that 11bayerf1 was not picked. The sprites in your Deviant Art gallery are all spectacular! However, the consistency of detail in some of them is underwhelming. The detail in the second sprite in your Fakemon Pokedex is amazing, but a pretty large minority of the rest of the sprites are severely lacking the same "oomph".


                      Head of Programming
                      Spoiler:
                      We may have only had one applicant for this position, but I think that if somebody else had of applied the result would have been the same.

                      Congratulations, shiny quagsire!

                      Your entire application was amazing. Plus all the things we've spoken about in the numerous chats we've had, you clearly know what you are doing.


                      Head of Music
                      Spoiler:
                      Once again only one serious application. And once again an amazing application!

                      Your application was amazing, Noossab Blue. Congratulations!

                      Your compositions are spectacular. I especially love "Desert Symphony". I can't wait to see what we can come up with for this hack!


                      Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work and such, but mainly it was difficult to pick the leaders since the applications were all so good.

                      If anyone has questions about my choices or anything, just ask.

                      Your comments are welcome!

                      Regards,
                      Darthatron.
                      Congratulations to everyone that's been picked!

                      I just have a few questions. Even though I am not leading, am I still allowed to contribute sprites? How will it work in that regard? Would Anbuja have his own thread, wherein we can contribute our sprites?

                      And just as a disclaimer, the consistency issue should not be as prominent now, as those sprites are three years old, so I'd like to believe I've improved in that regard XD. That being said, working under someone is probably better, as the better parts of my work can be selected and if certain sprites aren't up to snuff, I can easily improve them.

                      Anyway, I'm very excited about this! I look forward to seeing it progress.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #142    
                      Old March 19th, 2013 (2:35 AM).
                      karatekid552's Avatar
                      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                      What happens if I push it?....
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 1,766
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                        Hello all!

                        *drum roll*

                        Here are my decisions for sectional leaders for The Community Hack:

                        Head of Story Development
                        Spoiler:
                        This was by far the most difficult to choose a single leader for since all 3 applicants were absolutely amazing in their own ways. As such, I was hoping we can have all three of them working together at all stages as equals. This means that this position will be a little different to the others.

                        I've already spoken to Pink Parka Girl and Bela, and they are happy with this concept. So, if machomuu also agrees, then this will be done. Otherwise I will be more than happy to just pick one of you. Though I do think this is the best option.

                        The basic idea is that a majority (so two) of the three of you need to agree on an aspect of the story. If at any point, one of you feels that something is not fair, I will step in and sort it out.

                        I'm sure that the three of you will be able to flesh out and amazing story with characters that the players will be able to relate to!


                        Head of Scripting
                        Spoiler:
                        This was a very close battle between all of the applicants. However, hinkage has to win this one because of the diversity of his application. Congratulations, hinkage!

                        The only problem I had was readability. Since we are working as a huge team, we are going to need to be able to understand the scripts more easily.

                        All the other applicants are clearly also skilled in scripting, but simply didn't give anywhere near as many proofs as you did.

                        NarutoActor, tajaros, karatekid552 and Noossab Blue: I'm sure hinkage would love your help with the best ways of getting scripts done.


                        Head of Mapping
                        Spoiler:
                        This section had the most applicants by far and it wasn't an easy choice. Sadly doing what I have done for Story Development wouldn't work so much for mapping, so I had to pick one person. This person was not only picked for their amazing mapping skill, but also the fact that I know they can lead.

                        So congratulations, DrFuji!

                        [1] [2] [3]

                        Of course I don't expect DrFuji to just map out everything we need by himself. I simply feel that he should have some kind of quality control over the maps provided by other members of the team.


                        Head of Graphics
                        Spoiler:
                        Yet another hard choice. I was told by several people throughout my decision time that I should split this up in to categories. I have to disagree. One again, this is not something that can be handled in such a sense. The idea is that this person will be leading the Graphical choices, not that they will be designing everything themselves.

                        That said, I have chosen Anbuja's_BlooDY to lead this. Look through their Deviant Art gallery, I have decided that their style is the most appeasing to my eyes.

                        [1] [2] [3]

                        That said, however: I can not deny 11bayerf1's and Fireworks' amazing talent.

                        The background in the battles in these pictures are fantastic. Though I'm not sure if Fireworks is to thank for them? The main reason you were not picked was because there didn't seem to be much diversity in your Deviant Art gallery.

                        Sadly diversity was also the reason that 11bayerf1 was not picked. The sprites in your Deviant Art gallery are all spectacular! However, the consistency of detail in some of them is underwhelming. The detail in the second sprite in your Fakemon Pokedex is amazing, but a pretty large minority of the rest of the sprites are severely lacking the same "oomph".


                        Head of Programming
                        Spoiler:
                        We may have only had one applicant for this position, but I think that if somebody else had of applied the result would have been the same.

                        Congratulations, shiny quagsire!

                        Your entire application was amazing. Plus all the things we've spoken about in the numerous chats we've had, you clearly know what you are doing.


                        Head of Music
                        Spoiler:
                        Once again only one serious application. And once again an amazing application!

                        Your application was amazing, Noossab Blue. Congratulations!

                        Your compositions are spectacular. I especially love "Desert Symphony". I can't wait to see what we can come up with for this hack!


                        Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work and such, but mainly it was difficult to pick the leaders since the applications were all so good.

                        If anyone has questions about my choices or anything, just ask.

                        Your comments are welcome!

                        Regards,
                        Darthatron.
                        Congradulations to everyone!!!!!

                        I knew since it took so long that all of the choices would be good:p! Awesome job getting this done, everything looks really sharp. Let's get going!!!
                        __________________

                        Paired with Simba
                        Reply With Quote
                          #143    
                        Old March 19th, 2013 (2:36 AM).
                        Kurapika's Avatar
                        Kurapika Kurapika is offline
                        Grudgebearer
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2013
                          Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 406
                          Yay, a step forward is made, good luck guys! :]
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #144    
                          Old March 19th, 2013 (3:49 AM).
                          machomuu's Avatar
                          machomuu machomuu is offline
                          • Crystal Tier
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2008
                          Location: Americalanavania
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 10,239
                          I'll definitely agree to be Co-Head of Story Development; I'd be thrilled to work with Bela and Pink Parka Girl :D
                          __________________
                          Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


                          I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #145    
                          Old March 19th, 2013 (3:55 AM).
                          DrFuji's Avatar
                          DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                          Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Location: Downia-upside
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 1,328
                          Ah excellent, hopefully we'll be able to start making some good initial progress in the upcoming days.

                          I'm very excited to be selected as Head of Mapping and hope to work well with everybody :3c
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #146    
                          Old March 19th, 2013 (3:58 AM).
                          Darthatron's Avatar
                          Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                          巨大なトロール。
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2006
                          Location: Melbourne, Australia
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 1,152
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
                          Congratulations to everyone that's been picked!

                          I just have a few questions. Even though I am not leading, am I still allowed to contribute sprites? How will it work in that regard? Would Anbuja have his own thread, wherein we can contribute our sprites?
                          Of course you can still contribute. I'm not sure how Anbuja will want to handle it, though.
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
                          And just as a disclaimer, the consistency issue should not be as prominent now, as those sprites are three years old, so I'd like to believe I've improved in that regard XD. That being said, working under someone is probably better, as the better parts of my work can be selected and if certain sprites aren't up to snuff, I can easily improve them.

                          Anyway, I'm very excited about this! I look forward to seeing it progress.
                          That's a very good attitude to have!
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                          Congradulations to everyone!!!!!

                          I knew since it took so long that all of the choices would be good:p! Awesome job getting this done, everything looks really sharp. Let's get going!!!
                          Thanks. Now it's time to start thinking of a story I suppose!
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                          I'll definitely agree to be Co-Head of Story Development; I'd be thrilled to work with Bela and Pink Parka Girl :D
                          Alright awesome!
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
                          Ah excellent, hopefully we'll be able to start making some good initial progress in the upcoming days.

                          I'm very excited to be selected as Head of Mapping and hope to work well with everybody
                          Can't wait to see what'll come out of it!
                          __________________
                          あなた は しきしゃ です
                          わたし は ばか です
                          Reply With Quote
                            #147    
                          Old March 19th, 2013 (5:01 AM).
                          miksy91's Avatar
                          miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: A small country in the North
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 1,435
                            This... is starting to look REALLY interesting!
                            I think you made good choices for the leader positions and it's nice to see everyone who's been accepted to those, knows his/her stuff.

                            The hack could turn out really good, rushing things and getting straight to mapping the starting areas is not an option though (but everybody knows that). In any case, good luck to the process!

                            By the way, it would be a good idea if shiny quaqsire also contributed to the scripting processes. Coding with the machine language and scripting engine go hand in hand after all. I've no doubt hinkage or karatekid couldn't do most of the job but still, there will always be things that you wouldn't think of doing without having the knowledge behind their implementation first (and I'm totally saying this of experience here). But, this is totally his choice of course.
                            __________________
                            My Rom Hack



                            Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                            CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                            Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                            Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                            -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                            Reply With Quote
                              #148    
                            Old March 19th, 2013 (5:10 AM).
                            ~Anbuja's Avatar
                            ~Anbuja ~Anbuja is offline
                            Let's Keep It Simple
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2010
                              Location: In Snorlax Stomach
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 321
                              Ohhh niiiice lol, tbh I didn't expect this decision really.
                              But I'm still happy and thankfull for the trust you guys are putting to me right now :>

                              I do hope like DrFuji that we can be able to get some tiny pregress at least the incoming days.

                              But for that I think we need to have a plan on how were working on this with steps. So we do know what when todo.

                              @11bayerfl1
                              Tbh I do like privacy, but that might be just me.
                              If you guys want me to make a seperate thread I'll do that.
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #149    
                              Old March 19th, 2013 (6:13 AM).
                              MrDollSteak's Avatar
                              MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                              Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2008
                                Location: Hong Kong
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 811
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
                                Ohhh niiiice lol, tbh I didn't expect this decision really.
                                But I'm still happy and thankfull for the trust you guys are putting to me right now :>

                                I do hope like DrFuji that we can be able to get some tiny pregress at least the incoming days.

                                But for that I think we need to have a plan on how were working on this with steps. So we do know what when todo.

                                @11bayerfl1
                                Tbh I do like privacy, but that might be just me.
                                If you guys want me to make a seperate thread I'll do that.
                                Oh that was just a suggestion I made because I wasn't sure how it would pan out. If you prefer privacy that's no problem! I agree completely. If you want me to do any sprites at all should I PM them to you then? Either way maybe you could just send me a PM or something with the details once they're more sorted!

                                Congratulations by the way! I really like your reposes. I think the candle trio is especially good.
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #150    
                                Old March 19th, 2013 (7:02 AM).
                                U.Flame's Avatar
                                U.Flame U.Flame is offline
                                Suuuper Busy
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                                  Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Jolly
                                  Posts: 1,254
                                  Congrats people! Everyone picked is awesome on their own so I can't wait to see what they can accomplish together! Yay!
                                  __________________
                                  Hacks I'm working on:
                                  Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
                                  3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
                                  Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                                  Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

                                  Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                                  Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                                  Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

                                  Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

                                  Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                                  Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:14 PM.