Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com

Old March 10th, 2013 (10:55 PM).

Nature: Hasty
    Charging doesn't really mean its special. Bide charges, Focus Punch charges, Skull Bash charges. HIGHLY doubt it was any of those. Despite the image not taking the correct form, it could have been Sky Attack if it were a two turn charge, to support the Flying type evolution idea.

We don't really know if it were a charge/focusing attack though. I know some Pokemon blink in B2W2, and when hit or doing an attack, where ever they are in the animation cycle they pause and do/take the attack then continue with the animation.

If that little quirk transferred over into gen 6, then she could have been blinking since they typically have 2 types of attack animation IF Gamefreak uses the two type of attack animations that the other companies used. Otherwise they may have 1 attack type animation for all attacks (when attacking and when receiving an attack are separate of course.)

Other than the painfully obvious Swift and Trump Card, we don't know what they attacks are, we can try to associate them based on the pixel versions but that won't get us very far. My posting of the other attack being Double Edge/Take Down was from what I had seen before. I thought it was Focus Blast, which I don't think any Eevee Evolution can learn anyway. But there are those that saw them all as normal typed attacks from Eevee's Move list.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 10th, 2013 (10:58 PM).
    take me ☆ take you

Nature: Modest
      I don't think that we should be looking too much into the attacks, it's not like they're the only ones Sylveon can learn. I'm guessing they're just 4 attacks that all eeveelutions can learn because they all have a very similar movepool + limited attacks of their element.

I'm sure that they are just standard eeveelution moves because Pokemon must be having loads of fun seeing us fight over its type. (I admit some things - especially art - like what C Payne posted are amusing but it's been dragged out for a looong time now.)

ORAS/XYBW
      Old March 10th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
      Hoenn in 3D!
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
      Charging doesn't really mean its special. Bide charges, Focus Punch charges, Skull Bash charges. HIGHLY doubt it was any of those. Despite the image not taking the correct form, it could have been Sky Attack if it were a two turn charge, to support the Flying type evolution idea.

We don't really know if it were a charge/focusing attack though. I know some Pokemon blink in B2W2, and when hit or doing an attack, where ever they are in the animation cycle they pause and do/take the attack then continue with the animation.

Other than the painfully obvious Swift and Trump Card, we don't know what they attacks are, we can try to associate them based on the pixel versions but that won't get us very far. My posting of the other attack being Double Edge/Take Down was from what I had seen before. I thought it was Focus Blast, which I don't think any Eevee Evolution can learn anyway. But there are those that saw them all as normal typed attacks from Eevee's Move list.
      I'm not saying that it has to be a charging attack, but they are seemingly wanting us to think out of the box more with things, so there you go. Like has already been mentioned numerous times, we can't know for sure at this point and that's the fun part about it. Unless it's painfully obvious like they made Trump Card, etc., it's a little bothersome how logical everyone wants things to be(it's like those skeptics who refuse to believe that maybe some things can't be proven with science). Speculation is supposed to fun after all.

I'd like to think of her eyes closing as more of a focus type blast rather for now rather than see her in that stance only to do an op tackle.

With the change to full 3D in the main games, we might just see a shift in how attacks are performed too.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
      I don't think that we should be looking too much into the attacks, it's not like they're the only ones Sylveon can learn. I'm guessing they're just 4 attacks that all eeveelutions can learn because they all have a very similar movepool + limited attacks of their element.

I'm sure that they are just standard eeveelution moves because Pokemon must be having loads of fun seeing us fight over its type. (I admit some things - especially art - like what C Payne posted are amusing but it's been dragged out for a looong time now.)
      How many Pokemon at this point have movepools outside of their regular typing? I hardly think giving it at least one different typed move would prove anything, type wise. Even Eeveelutions have 'outside' moves. If anything, it could throw things out of whack even more if it isn't a move from some of the top speculated types(Flying, Normal, etc) that we've all come to mostly agreeing on the possibilities of.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
      Old March 11th, 2013 (6:34 AM).
      Mighty Metagross

Nature: Relaxed
        I personally think it will be a Dragon type.

Purely because every other Eveelution's colour palette has been the same as the symbol for the type.
        And dragons is Blue Red and White I am pretty sure.
        Old March 11th, 2013 (6:37 AM).
        WUB WUB
        • Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bomberboy04 View Post
        I personally think it will be a Dragon type.

Purely because every other Eveelution's colour palette has been the same as the symbol for the type.
        And dragons is Blue Red and White I am pretty sure.
        This would be pretty cool and surprising, although i think it's unlikely. I still think it's going to be a flying type, but recent posts have convinced me it could turn out to be a ghost type as well.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
        Old March 11th, 2013 (9:49 AM).
        Eye of the Storm

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
          Just an an aside, Trump Card is only learned by an Eevee, not by any Eeveelution. And it is the final move learned: Lv.57 in B/W, Lv.45 in B2/W2.

This also indirectly supports all of Sylveon's trailer-used moves being Normal-type.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
          Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old March 11th, 2013 (10:03 AM).
          ► My Happy Little Pill 
          • Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
          Or if that's the case, then maybe that Sylveon didn't evolve until after it learned Trump Card. It's not like it points to a normal typing when you can delay its evolution to allow it to learn new attacks. As for what the other two attacks are in the trailer I honestly don't have much of an idea.
          Old March 11th, 2013 (2:35 PM).
          Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
            One of those attack looked like Hyper Beam or something... Man! It's really hard to tell which type it can be, and that's one of the reasons why I suspect Normal more ... But it can be Flying or Ghost Ugh... Can't wait the official news!! >.<

Spoiler:
            inb4 It's Rock, trololo, umad everyone.. -__-"
            Old March 12th, 2013 (1:01 AM).

Nature: Hasty
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
              Double Edge or Take Down? It doesn't look like either of those to me, or any physical move for that matter. It was 'focusing' way too much for that, imo; It looked more like a blast-style attack. I thought it was Focus Blast or something. It would be a nice change to be able to speculate moves outside of the typical Eeveelution set for once really...

As for the energy-like move, I guess it could be growl but I hope it's something else too.
              Sorry for requote. I just found something while showing the Sylveon video to a friend that didn't know about her yet.

So apparently when she does a damaging attack she always rears to her hindlegs and closes her eyes. So they are doing the 2 animation things where attacking with a damaging attack gives one animation and attacking with a Status attack has another animation. She closes her eyes and rears back for Swift too. So she's not focusing that's just how her animation is.
              Old March 12th, 2013 (1:19 AM).
              Hoenn in 3D!
              • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
              It's ok. Eh, explains it better. I can't fully accept that as Take Down or Double Edge just yet though. It looks more like a blast attack still, which they can easily make more distinguishable now with the change to full 3D rather than being forced to use a 'boom'-like effect to show it being stronger in 2D . I would really expect to see her actually, you know, shown in the attack.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
              Old March 12th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
              Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                Or if that's the case, then maybe that Sylveon didn't evolve until after it learned Trump Card. It's not like it points to a normal typing when you can delay its evolution to allow it to learn new attacks. As for what the other two attacks are in the trailer I honestly don't have much of an idea.
                Many people forget this mechanic but you can have all of these attacks in a level 1 Eevee provided you breed two parents which know these moves, since Eevee learns them by level-up.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
                Old March 12th, 2013 (11:28 AM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by Cyclone.
                Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                  Review the move list and make your best guesses. I will not guess any TMs yet, and especially not any bred moves.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old March 13th, 2013 (1:23 AM). Edited March 13th, 2013 by piefara.
                  human

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
                    Actually a lot of people have speculate the prism scale being the exact shade of the ribbon tail ends might be a hint to it being used to evolve it. But I say its silly, considering how that would imply a water typing.
                    Why would that make it water?
                    Anyone notice it using what seams to be an electric type move?

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
                    And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
                    Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
                    Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
                    Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.
                    And I think Sylveon is Normal type, so my theory is:

Gen II --- Umbreon is SE against Espeon.
                    Gen IV --- Glaceon is SE against Leafeon.
                    Gen VI --- (Fighting type Eevee?) is SE against Sylveon??
                    If new type (light) male could be dark or they can be SE against each oyher
                    Old March 13th, 2013 (12:40 PM). Edited March 13th, 2013 by colours.
                    Like a rhythm to the sea
                    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
                    Quote:
                    If new type (light) male could be dark or they can be SE against each oyher
                    Except I read somewhere that Fighting type is basically your light type. To shorten it, I believe "Fighting" type is "Hero" type in Japan, which Heros typically symbolize light, so there you go. xD; There does't really need to be a separate type for something that already exists, really.

That said, even then I doubt Sylveon would be this type, since it doesn't have any defining features whatsoever that signifies it's new type. I still hold firm that seeing it Flying or Normal would definitely be interested and yet expected by many!

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old March 13th, 2013 (5:48 PM).
                    ► My Happy Little Pill 
                    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
                    Honestly it really doesn't even look like a Light type if there was one to be released. Honestly, I'd imagine Light types to be more similar to Electric types than anything, as they generate light rather easily. Sylveon just doesn't have a radiance like that. It just looks more Flying or Normal than anything really.
                    Old March 14th, 2013 (6:36 AM).
                    Eevee Breeder

Location: Pacific Northwest (in spirit, and in two months)
                      Nature: Quirky
                      I'm just... not convinced on any of them. I think it would be stupid if it ends up being Normal, but I really think if it was any of the others this discussion wouldn't be so intricate. If it was Flying, I would have put wings on the thing, y'know? That would have looked ten times as cool as Sylveon.

I'm not sure about light, but I have this feeling there's going to be something really unique here. I do lean toward X Y Z as in 3D more than the chromosomes (I mean, blue X, pink Y? I know we've come far from sexism, but still, I wouldn't have given Y the pink color if that was the reason behind it), but I had an idea that Sylveon, having main colors blue and pink, will be inverted in color based on something within each version. I don't know, just an idea. I mean, really. Yveltal is pink(ish). Xerneas is blue. And Sylveon is pink and blue. I feel like there's some kind of connection here, whether a difference between gens, a new type, just some kind of significance.
                      Old March 14th, 2013 (8:06 AM).
                      Fictional Writer.

I am thinking flying. I don't know exactly why, but I am going to bet flying. And to the person who said you have no idea how it would fly, there are a few pokemon out already who can fly without wings. The main one coming to mine being Shaymin. I know he has ears like wings, but the same could be said for a lot of things.
                        Old March 15th, 2013 (2:43 AM).
                        Merry Scragmas!
                        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Soile View Post
                        I'm just... not convinced on any of them. I think it would be stupid if it ends up being Normal, but I really think if it was any of the others this discussion wouldn't be so intricate. If it was Flying, I would have put wings on the thing, y'know? That would have looked ten times as cool as Sylveon.

I'm not sure about light, but I have this feeling there's going to be something really unique here. I do lean toward X Y Z as in 3D more than the chromosomes (I mean, blue X, pink Y? I know we've come far from sexism, but still, I wouldn't have given Y the pink color if that was the reason behind it), but I had an idea that Sylveon, having main colors blue and pink, will be inverted in color based on something within each version. I don't know, just an idea. I mean, really. Yveltal is pink(ish). Xerneas is blue. And Sylveon is pink and blue. I feel like there's some kind of connection here, whether a difference between gens, a new type, just some kind of significance.
                        If it had actual wings though I think that its typing would be waaayy too obvious and I think that's what GF is aiming for - to promote discussion/hype.

Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                        You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                        A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

Old March 15th, 2013 (3:28 AM).
                        just a guy
                        • Silver Tier

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                        If it had actual wings though I think that its typing would be waaayy too obvious and I think that's what GF is aiming for - to promote discussion/hype.
                        I agree. This is the most vague Eeveelution design we've ever had and one can't help but wonder if it was done mostly for the extra hype and speculation on what type it could be. Especially since it was revealed quite early.

Personally, however, I don't think I would have mind if the ears were designed to look a bit more like wings. Similar to Shaymin's Sky Form. It does seem to carry a strong essence of being connected to the air and wind though. At least from the constant flow of its ribbons and by how high up and windy it was when they showed Sylveon in the movie trailer. While being an essence of wind doesn't necessarily mean it will be a Flying-type, I feel like that's where the best bet is.
                        Old March 17th, 2013 (2:32 AM).
                        Merry Scragmas!
                        • Crystal Tier

The issue with designing the ears to look like wings like Shaymin is that people would've compared them and just complained "oh no this region is just a rehash of the past, wow it sucks!" even the slightest similarities would draw upon negative opinion, so maybe GF kept that in mind?

Old March 17th, 2013 (4:27 AM).
                        Like a rhythm to the sea
                        • Platinum Tier

I guess it wouldn't surprise me on a grand scale if this thing could fly like Shaymin could....but why? I feel like that's the question that would pop up more than anything else. It's a nice addition and I certainly wouldn't be complaining about it, but why? I feel that, having Sylveon fly similarly to how Shaymin could would cause blatant negative feedback, kind of like what Nica was getting into. @[email protected]; It just...it'd be a cool aspect, but it'd just produce negative backlash in the end, really.

It'd be something else entirely different if it can use telekinesis of some sort to make itself fly, but there's no obvious evidence (at least apparently from it's body) that tells us it can do that.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old March 17th, 2013 (4:35 AM).
                        Merry Scragmas!
                        • Crystal Tier

If it could do that it'd probably put it closer to being Ghost really, so I don't think it'd use telekinesis.

Old March 17th, 2013 (5:42 AM).
                        Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                          It'd be something else entirely different if it can use telekinesis of some sort to make itself fly, but there's no obvious evidence (at least apparently from it's body) that tells us it can do that.
                          So why can't Espeon fly, exactly?

Cyclone

Old March 17th, 2013 (6:34 AM).
                          Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
                            Well, technically, telekinesis doesn't make it fly, but, makes it levitate. So, maybe going by that logic, Sylveon can have the "Levitate" ability. But still, I'm not sure about if it can perform telekinesis exactly.

Hawthorne Guardian
                            Moderator of Video Games
                            Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                            Sylvie
                            Old March 17th, 2013 (7:54 AM).
                            Merry Scragmas!
                            • Crystal Tier

Levitate ability would be a troll kind of, if it's Flying. Like they gave Rotom-S Air Balloon...

I feel like something like Cute Charm, although useless, would be more appropriate, while something like Magic Guard for a hidden ability!

Quick Reply