• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yooo

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Hey PC, I'm Scyke. I'm 15 and I'm starting to love Pokemon again :laugh:

Basically, I used to be a HUGE fan of Pokemon when I was younger 'cause it was the thing which distracted me when the civil war was happening in Nepal. (btw yes I'm Nepalese) I first fell in love with Pokemon when the anime started airing and soon enough I became addicted. I didn't know about the Pokemon games at all until my cousin brought his Gameboy Colour once and I saw him playing Pokemon Crystal, which he let me borrow. Soon enough I got addicted to that and the anime and Pokemon became something I just couldn't live without. I never owned a Gameboy Advance but then one of my other cousins introduced me to VBA and after that I just played the games in an emulator.

When I started getting around 12 years old however I started drifting away from Pokemon, I guess it was kinda my growing up phase at the time and I had started going out with my friends a lot more. I kinda forgot about Pokemon until recently when I heard about Pokemon X and Y (btw the new starters look TERRIBLE but then again I thought the same about Black and White which I'm starting to get used to now :D) and I started reading the Pokemon Adventures manga. Soon I started becoming addicted to Pokemon again and now I can't stop reading the manga; I'm already on v23 at the FireRed/LeafGreen phase xD

But yea, that's my story. I hope to stick around for a while but that will depend on how much I stick with Pokemon right now. I dunno how many people are going to bother reading that block above but ah well.

Oh, and Lucario is freaking awesome. Just sayinggg

Hiya Scyke! Weeelcome to PC~ <3

Ahh reading this made me smile, I'm glad Pokemon was such a huge escape from life for you. The anime was what started it all for me way back in 1998/1999 or so; it was so funny and the characters amused me to no end. It seems like a lot of people lose interest around their early-mid teens though so that's understandable.. though I sometimes feel like the only one who has been into the franchise since I was young and never lost interest (but I'm sure that's untrue aha). @~@ VBA and similar emulators are definitely a great way for people to play the games who don't own the actual game cards or systems and I remember how addicted I got to playing when I discovered they existed, hehe.

But aaawe I think the X and Y starters look great! Froakie especially, though it all depends on their evolutions in the long run. Pretty nervous about that, honestly. xD; But the game looks wonderful so far so it's great that you're as excited about the news as we are. Make sure to stick around and discuss it with us here in the X and Y section, yeah? You'll definitely have loads of fun.

Enjoy your stay on PC. :3

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Hiya Scyke! Weeelcome to PC~ <3

Ahh reading this made me smile, I'm glad Pokemon was such a huge escape from life for you. The anime was what started it all for me way back in 1998/1999 or so; it was so funny and the characters amused me to no end. It seems like a lot of people lose interest around their early-mid teens though so that's understandable.. though I sometimes feel like the only one who has been into the franchise since I was young and never lost interest (but I'm sure that's untrue aha). @~@ VBA and similar emulators are definitely a great way for people to play the games who don't own the actual game cards or systems and I remember how addicted I got to playing when I discovered they existed, hehe.

But aaawe I think the X and Y starters look great! Froakie especially, though it all depends on their evolutions in the long run. Pretty nervous about that, honestly. xD; But the game looks wonderful so far so it's great that you're as excited about the news as we are. Make sure to stick around and discuss it with us here in the X and Y section, yeah? You'll definitely have loads of fun.

Enjoy your stay on PC. :3

Thanks, I hope I will :)

Yeah Pokemon really got me away from the violence that happened outside my house in Pokhara (a town in Nepal). The terrorists were rebelling against our king and things got a little bloody and such; however after Pokemon started coming on at Cartoon Network I forgot about everything happening outside really. Maybe that's why I'm still in love with it, even though I'm nearly 16 now aha :') but yea, my family moved to London around six years to move away from the conflict and I'm good now. I wish I still had my Gameboy and Yellow with me...

Back