Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old March 9th, 2013 (8:24 PM).

SACRED FIRE

• Crystal Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Bold

While we don't know what Pokemon are available yet, there's a few things that can be asked about your team (on your first run, at least!)

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? Or only Pokemon from past regions? Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier? Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? Or just a mix of all that?

How do you plan to put your team together? :3

Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
moderator of the following games
[ ]

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 9th, 2013 (8:54 PM).
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? It seems like this region will be a good mixture of old and new, so probably not.

Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? That depends on what gender I think my party member should be, I usually have a mixture.

Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? Never on my main games.

Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier? I never do that, I EV train my team but don't let tiers and such influence my team decisions.

Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? Nope, very vulnerable.

If I see a Pokemon that I like during the pre-game reveals, I will potentially reserve it a spot in my team. Other than that, I will jump into this game blindly and experiment.

"Cold-Blooded"

Old March 9th, 2013 (9:27 PM). Edited March 10th, 2013 by Firox.
    eepz, come help pwease!
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle

I will probably base my team on favorite Pokemon design from the new generation - and maybe a mix of of Unova. In the trailer, I saw both Mienfoo and Patrat, it gives me hope that at least some of my favorites will be in the next game.... for the questions:

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? - depends on the design of the other Pokemon not yet introduced, I may end up using Mienfoo and Patrat. As they are two of my favorites. 2 from Unova, rest from the new generation

Or only Pokemon from past regions? - as answered above, depends on the design of the not yet introduced Pokemon - I will use Mienfoo and Patrat if the new generation doesn't have 6 or more Pokemon who's design I will love.

Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? - (sorry, miss read portion) for gender, don't matter which one I catch first. I only will pay attention to gender when giving my Pokemon a nickname, or when breeding

Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? - at first I may change, after finishing one game, I will buy another copy and end up doing a personal challenge (like I'm doing with my new copy of Pokemon White 2)

Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier? - ??? (not sure what this means)

Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? - depends on the Pokemon's design type, I will have to work the remaining Pokemon around my favorite (for example if 3 Pokemon I love in the new generation are dark types - but can learn a move of other type via tm or move tutor or breeding - I'll teach it, for the rest of the team I'll have to figure out a move pool that works)

Or just a mix of all that? - depends on the Pokemon's type first. See my example in the previous answer

Hope it helps.

I ♥ Fire Foxes and Cats!! - art drawn by Bonez1925 (claims no credit)
    instead of 'Catch 'em All' for me would be "gotta Pet 'Em All"
    check out my sketches and art: Firox-Fox - my Discord: Firox#0363

Old March 10th, 2013 (12:52 AM).
    • PokéCommunity Daily
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? Or only Pokemon from past regions? Seeing the designs so far, I will probably end up with a team of only gen 6 Pokémon, ha ha! As I'm building my team, I might use older Pokémon until I catch a new one I like (more).
    Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? I always use the first Pokémon of a species that I catch, unless I see another one with what I deem to be a better Ability. Very rarely do I try to catch a specific Pokémon with a specific gender (but it does happen!).
    Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? No! I can't even Nuzlocke on later playthroughs...much less on my first run! (But! If I end up getting both versions, one hardcopy and the other digital, I may use my digital copy to Nuzlocke...)
    Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier? I never worry about competitive factors during my "storyline playthrough." Only after I've beaten the game do I start building a competitive team.
    Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? I actually really dislike having two (or more) Pokémon with the same type(s) on my team at once. It feels like I'm putting myself at a disadvantage, not having enough coverage and such.
    Or just a mix of all that? I'm really not picky

How do you plan to put your team together? :3
    Step 1: See Pokémon that I like the looks of.
    Step 2: Capture.
    Step 3: Use in battle for a while. If I deem it to be an effective battler, proceed to Step 4-b. If not, proceed to Step 4-a.
    Step 4-a: Place Pokémon in the Box.
    Step 4-b: Congratulations! Pokémon remains in the party unless another Pokémon whose design I like more appears.
    Step 5: Repeat process, replacing Pokémon of similar types to keep party balance.

Old March 10th, 2013 (1:00 AM).

see meee?

• Platinum Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Quirky

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? It all depends on the looks and stats, if a Pokemon has good looks and stats it makes it onto my team, but also type coverage is a factor. I very rarely use teams consisting of only a single generation's Pokemon, other than the team I used in the main story of Black.

Or only Pokemon from past regions? Nope, I always like to mix things up.

Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? In my early days I only used females unless if it was a species where females are rare (or is male-only) but as of 5th Gen I started using mixed-gender teams (though they still heavily end up leaning towards female)

Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? No, I'm not the kind who does those tough challenges. I play the most traditional way.

Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier? Nope, I won't put competitive tiers as a factor but I may use certain items if a Pokemon's strategy revolves around it.

Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? Or just a mix of all that? I'm not the kind who uses just one type, I always have mixed types. In fact, all my Black 2 team members except my starter were dual-typed.

pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter

Old March 10th, 2013 (1:04 AM).
    Dark Type Master

Too lazy to rewrite the questions so...
      •I might be a mix...but I'm definitely getting a Weavile on my team
      •it depends on what they look like...example:a FEMALE Machop ~ NO! a MALE Gothita ~ No!
      •Nah
      •Nah
      •I NEVER have more than one of each type on my team...too vulnerable then y'know
      •I don't really know yet but I DO want a Dark type and a Poison type pokemon on my team (one being Weavile)
      •I usually look through the new pokemon
      Find on that looks cool
      Looks up data and stats for it
      If its good, it's on my team

POKEMON

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
      So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old March 10th, 2013 (5:46 AM).
      Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? No chance
        Or only Pokemon from past regions? I'll probably use a mixture, mainly old pokemon, as I always seem to have a geodude or machop, plus pokemon from the hoenn region
        Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? I don't care which, I never pay attention to the sex of my pokemon
        Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? Maybe on my second runthrough
        Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? Water starter, the region's resident bird pokemon and anything else

MY POKEMON BLOG
        I'll trade or battle with anyone!

Old March 10th, 2013 (6:12 AM).

Atra du evarinya ono varda.

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region/past regions?
        Nope. I'll use whatever comes my way.

Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both?
        A mix of both.

Are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing?
        Nope. I don't even know how a Nuzlocke run works lol.

Are you only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier?
        Nope. I like fully-evolved Pokemon. I don't really care what competitive tier the Pokemon are from.

Are you going to use Pokemon of a certain type?
        Nope. Too vulnerable and risky, plus no varieties.

Basically, I'm going to get a mix of types, preferably Water, Fire, Electric, Flying, Dragon, (filler) and hope for the best.

Old March 10th, 2013 (8:07 AM).
        Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region? Or only Pokemon from past regions? It depends on what's available, if they give me good Pokémon like in 5th gen I might try.

Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both? All male, always.

Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing? Never, it takes too much work.

Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier? I only like fully evolved Pokémon. I don't take tiers into consideration, since there are Pokémon in OU which are crap in-game.

Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type? I don't do monotype runs because my favorite types are rarely well represented in the games.

How do you plan to put your team together? One Fire, one Water, one Electric, one Flying, one physical powerhouse and one special powerhouse.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.

Old March 10th, 2013 (9:00 AM). Edited March 10th, 2013 by Sabrewulf238.

Nature: Jolly

Are you going to use only Pokemon from this region?

Probably not. I'm thinking there are a lot of 5th gen pokemon I like that I never got the chance to appreciate....so it'll likely be a mix. (It'll probably be 3 or 4 sixth gen pokemon and then 2 or 3 older gen pokemon)

Whenever the updated version (Pokemon XY 2) comes out I could see myself doing a run with one pokemon from each generation though.

Are you going to use males-only, females-only, or a mix of both?
            I like having a mix of both male and female if possible. (or with one genderless)

Or are you going to do a Nuzlocke run and have your team forever changing?
            I don't do those challenges, just don't find them that interesting.

Maybe you're only going to use eviolite users, or Pokemon from a specific competitive tier?
            No

Or maybe Pokemon of a certain type?
            No. (That's a terrible idea....)

How do you plan to put your team together?
            That's pretty unanswerable right now....but the best answer I can give is whatever comes my way that I like the look of.

Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
            Send me a pm if you add me.

Old March 10th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
            just a guy
            • Silver Tier

Throwing shade at all of you people answering the questions like this is the OVP forum. The questions there are just to generate a discussion. This ain't OVP, we can discuss and debate things!

For my first playthrough, like every new game, I'm going to try my hardest not to use old Pokémon and just stick to what's new. I make no promises though. There might be a chance I use one or two old Pokémon my first time through.

On a side note, I've never done a challenge, (Syd hasn't persuaded me hard enough to do one yet) but if I ever did I would never do it on my first playthrough. I don't know, but how many people actually do that?

Old March 10th, 2013 (9:32 AM).
            ► My Happy Little Pill 
            • Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax

Pretty much if I like what I see when I find it in the wild, I'll catch it and see if I like it. If not, lather rinse repeat. If I like it yay! I'm open to pretty much anything, although I'd prefer to use the new Pokémon that are provided this generation to get a feel for them!

Old March 10th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
            Has a tendency to figure things out

I'm going to use only the newly introduced Pokemon. When the next version comes out, I'll use whatever I want. This allows me to get used to most of the new Pokemon.

I'm a little OCD when it comes to team genders. Whatever gender my starter is, all other members of my team, unless it isn't possible, have to be that gender as well.

I personally don't like Nuzlocke runs, and will be playing the game normally. I don't care for tiers either, and instead opt for using what I like to use. I battle with my favorites.

My team construction will be pretty simple: I'll catch one if it seems interesting/awesome to me, and use it. It's very rare that I replace any team members. I also only catch four Pokemon, saving one space for the game's legendary.

Old March 10th, 2013 (12:07 PM).

NERF THIS!

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant

I'm definitely only going to use new pokemon - I don't see the fun in using old ones. Also, my team will probably be based on pokemon that I like the looks of, since I'm very judgmental on pokemon by how they look (when I first see them) and I also tend to look up stats, so I take that into consideration. However, this time I'm going to just try and be more... versatile, and pick pokemon who I'm not necessarily drawn to at first, or seem weak, as that will be more fun! (actually I may do the nuzlocke rule of first pokemon on a route, to spice things up) But who knows how my team building process will change in... 7 months?

Old March 10th, 2013 (3:14 PM).
              Gaiden

I'm honestly very willing to try out any of the new pokemon that will be revealed. I won't harbor a restriction in my pokemon party by how they look, but really, how they can sort of fit in my general play-style by "hitting hard and fast". I also usually pick versatility with my pokemon, meaning that I wouldn't want to have more than 1 water type, because I feel that in a way, it's too redundant? @[email protected] Maybe that's a shallow way on picking pokemon for my pokemon team, but, I honestly prefer flexibility for various situations! Like, what will I do if I faced a high level-ed ground pokemon, and my pokemon are either purely electric, or too weak in levels to face that pokemon?

As for the usage of old generation of pokemon, I'll one use them if they are part of my favourites; like Nidoqueen, Roserade, Flygon, Milotic, etc, etc. But even so, I'd only really save one spot in my pokemon party for them; I don't see another reason to pass up on using pokemon that I haven't seen or know of before! :3

Hawthorne Guardian
                Moderator of Video Games
                Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising

Sylvie

Old March 10th, 2013 (5:34 PM).

pleasecome
                home;;

• Platinum Tier
                • GTGet-Together Event Management

Nature: Quiet

Quote:
                I'm honestly very willing to try out any of the new pokemon that will be revealed

This this this!!

Though I'd imagine myself utilizing both Pokemon from this generation and Pokemon from past generation, as well! I'm not...particularly picky about what Pokemon I use(stats are something different, but I digress), so yeah. :3 Also, it's kind of strange, since the teams I use are primarily OU since Gen IV or so, but yeah. I don't see that changing, either~

Also, I've always used female Pokemon. I guess I just feel more comfortable with that. xD; Though I don't necessarily have a huge issue using male Pokemon either, I guess.

Hard wind blows as the night is born
                And the dark feels so safe
                My body yearns for that need to start
                Cause it's too hard to wait
                We're going out tonight with something to prove
                Take to the streets and let our demons loose
                Put your hands up

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links