Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

TrollandToad.com

Old June 26th, 2013 (8:12 AM). Edited June 26th, 2013 by Turnip.
Magnificent Turnip

Location: Private property what the heck are you doing here get out
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Colony View Post
    I would, however, like a decent guide line to what a PK, quest boss, or floor boss XP yield is. I really don't think I have a good understanding of how you want it to be, so any help would be appreciated.
    Yeah, I'm in that boat as well. And yeah, it's alright about the whole "abuse" thing, it's perfectly understandable. I think we could all benefit from some kind of XP guideline though. I mean, I've thought about it before, considering general yields from D&D by playing games like Baldur's Gate, but the monsters don't really work in the same way. I mean, if we counted everyone as a fighter and used the same required XP for levelling, then we could assign XP yield values for mobs and level accordingly. Thing is, though, that might only govern up to level 40 or so.

Doesn't help, either, that I'm a bit of a n00b in terms of SAO. I don't remember what shows on a character and what doesn't - since Turnip shows up as an NPC, doesn't that mean that people can't see if he's a PKer or not? Could lead to interesting confrontations (although just for the record, he isn't one). Also not entirely sure on the kind of enemies there are...

Anyhow, I'm posting again. WolfOfEve's post got me a little confused, since it's mentioned that Fester and Rose ran off, and they'd now caught up to Lucina and Robin (I didn't really expect a situation like that to occur). I don't think Khawill mentioned anything about them leaving in his post :p Anyhow, I've tried my best to leave it more-or-less unspecified as to who exactly is there. I've said "group of five", but Turnip wasn't exactly paying attention.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 26th, 2013 (9:34 AM).
    be prepared for the biggest change

Nature: Brave
      Colony&True Epicness- the benefit of being a Pk'er is that you get extra experience points when you kill a player + you'll be able to "steal" the dead player's stuff like armor and weapons. A disadvantage of being a PK'er is that other players can easely see if you'rea PK'er or not (by the red arrow above their heads). Red arrows don't stand out tho since almost no one takes notice of the colors of the arrows.

Any more questions? c:
      Old June 26th, 2013 (11:11 AM).
      Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
        Yes. Approximately how long would it take to power level up to 15 from 12 while in the field? Is there any spots where a normal player could be able to to visit where EXP gains are higher than normal without being a Betatester?
        Old June 26th, 2013 (11:22 AM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Colony.
        Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige

Nature: Lax
          @Pink: That's not really what I was asking/saying. When I was talking about benefits I was making a sarcastic remark. My only real question regarded how you said Nirvana should've already leveled up. Specifically how there is this massive misconception on XP yield from players, bosses, and monsters. If I had known that Nirvana had done enough fighting to warrant a level up I would have undoubtedly done so.

Hopefully, this doesn't sound excessive, but I guess it's too late now. The yield I used for Sindri was 46% and the quest yield was 30%, add that to Nirvana's already 27% and now he has leveled up to level 11. So, now he's only slightly underleveled...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
          Old June 27th, 2013 (1:58 AM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Rose Quartz.

Quote:
            @Pink: That's not really what I was asking/saying. When I was talking about benefits I was making a sarcastic remark. My only real question regarded how you said Nirvana should've already leveled up. Specifically how there is this massive misconception on XP yield from players, bosses, and monsters. If I had known that Nirvana had done enough fighting to warrant a level up I would have undoubtedly done so.

Hopefully, this doesn't sound excessive, but I guess it's too late now. The yield I used for Sindri was 46% and the quest yield was 30%, add that to Nirvana's already 27% and now he has leveled up to level 11. So, now he's only slightly underleveled...

Uhm… yeah… I admit that there is a very bad levelling system because we haven't thought about a good one yet. We could invent a levelling system with "each monster is 5% XP" but I just know that some players will make theirselves overpowered by fighting monsters the whole time.

I will keep track of your posts and tell you when Nirvana will level up. I can make a special quest for Nirvana where the reward is a level potion, regarding that Nirvana should've levelled up already. How does that sound?

IceFyr- it's very hard to level up from 12 to 15 since the monsters will get too weak to give decent experience points. Your character can enter the depts of the dungeons to find higher levelled monsters.

I'm sorry for my absence lately, i've got some problems that make me unable to get on sometimes. It won't happen again
            Old June 27th, 2013 (3:08 AM).
            Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
              it's very hard to level up from 12 to 15 since the monsters will get too weak to give decent experience points.
              Yeah, that was the problem I had with using Baldur's Gate rules, as a fighter at least. From level 9 onwards, it's just a constant 250k XP to level up for each level. Other games might work more similarly to SAO, but in general the levelling/XP system is hidden in the code. In BG it's more or less right in front of you.

(Also, a side note, Accepted Characters still hasn't been updated)

Old June 27th, 2013 (5:08 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by True Epicness View Post
                (Also, a side note, Accepted Characters still hasn't been updated)
                I am going to do that in a few c:
                Old June 27th, 2013 (6:57 AM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by machomuu.
                • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                @Saph, SD, Wolf, Geneveive, and Khawill - Mind if I post next? I have something I want Godot to say to Robin.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                Old June 27th, 2013 (7:26 AM).
                Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
                  Alright, my premier post will be up in a few hours.
                  Old June 27th, 2013 (7:39 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                    @Saph, SD, Wolf, Geneveive, and Khawill - Mind if I post next? I have something I want Godot to say to Robin.
                    Ofcourse not! ^^ go ahead~ I can't post 'till after my graduation ceremony anyway c:
                    Old June 27th, 2013 (7:53 AM).
                    • Crystal Tier

Awesome, thanks! I'll try to have it up later today.

Old June 27th, 2013 (8:06 AM).
                    Magnificent Turnip

Heh, it doesn't seem like anyone's actually noticed Turnip sprinting without a care in the world down the hallways. I guess it really is inconspicuous... who needs ?

Godot already saw Turnip outside, except, uh, he didn't... did he? Sensed or something. Eh. Interesting to see Shentso jump into the fray, we'll see how that turns out. Seems like the whole XP gain thing too is just "whenever it seems alright", which I guess is pretty much perfectly fine.

And yeah, I'm in that area, but don't worry about Lucina's cloak. Turnip hasn't been paying enough attention.

(And not that I was asked, but I don't mind about posting order. It's more or less just whenever it seems appropriate.)

Old June 27th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
                      • Crystal Tier

Okay, I posted. This edition of Waiting for Godot to Post is brought to you by Ultimatums!

I also edited Godot's age by two years, because that was the originally intended age. I'll change it back if you want, though.

Old June 27th, 2013 (11:32 AM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Colony.

So that's one person who didn't hear Nirvana, who's next? Shall it be Robin, maybe Shiren or Princess? Oh, the possibilities.

Edit: @Pink&Shiny: Dements was wondering if he could make his character a Beater. I know that you previously said that there would not be anymore Beaters, but I was wondering if that changed with Skymin's resignation. It would be really helpful for his character development, and it would help for his character to be one of the more uniquely awesome characters so far (I personally think his character sounds really interesting and makes Nirvana's split personality look mundane).

Old June 27th, 2013 (12:12 PM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Geras.
                        Roleplayer

Nature: Serious
                          @PinkSapphire: Congrats on your graduation!
                          Old June 27th, 2013 (1:29 PM).
                          Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
                            So that's one person who didn't hear Nirvana, who's next? Shall it be Robin, maybe Shiren or Princess? Oh, the possibilities.
                            Well, Nirvana didn't seem to notice Turnip running down the corridors either, and neither, it seems, has anyone else, yet. Ah, well. We can be temporarily invisible together! :p

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
                            @PinkSapphire: Congrats on your graduation!
                            Yes! I will also say that! Because I cave easily to peer pressure! Not because I'm nice or anything. I'm actually a despicable person.
                            Seriously, though, congrats. I finished a season of exams just earlier this year, still waiting on the results, though. Graduation ceremonies aren't something we have here in Merry Old England (at least, to my knowledge) but I imagine they're pretty boring. But awesome as well. An odd blend.

Old June 27th, 2013 (1:58 PM).

@Epic: That may be true, but Nirvana did go up to the group and adressed them by commenting on something that Robin said, I just didn't use their names because Nirvana had never met them before.

@Pink: Congrats on the graduation, and good luck on college (if that's what you plan to do).

Old June 27th, 2013 (3:05 PM).
                              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                              Godot already saw Turnip outside, except, uh, he didn't... did he? Sensed or something. Eh. Interesting to see Shentso jump into the fray, we'll see how that turns out. Seems like the whole XP gain thing too is just "whenever it seems alright", which I guess is pretty much perfectly fine.
                              He didn't see him, but Princess and Ryuusa acknowledged his presence using their Spotting skills, if I remember correctly. Godot just happened to notice their reaction's to Turnip's presence.

Also, I didn't notice that Nirvana had spoken to the group. I'll adjust my post (slightly) to account for that. And I promise you that it will be lackluster. Appropriately lackluster.

Old June 27th, 2013 (3:13 PM).

Yeah, it wasn't exactly the longest lines of speaking in the world, just a quick line to draw the slightest attention to him. Lol, the irony of a lackluster edit directed to a guy whose weapon is made of mercury (something quite lustrous).
                                Old June 27th, 2013 (3:37 PM).
                                Blade of Justice
                                • Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
                                Congrats on graduating Pink!
                                Also could I get some infos on how to get money from quests?
                                Old June 27th, 2013 (8:05 PM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Geras.
                                Roleplayer

Location: Everything's bigger here, apparently.
                                  Nature: Serious
                                  So far it seems you just make up a quest you think your character can pull off (or one tougher if you plan on including other players) and then you make up a reasonable amount of money fitting the difficulty of it as a reward when you complete it (aside from any items and whatnot).
                                  Old June 28th, 2013 (1:50 AM).
                                  Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
                                    @Epic: That may be true, but Nirvana did go up to the group and addressed them by commenting on something that Robin said, I just didn't use their names because Nirvana had never met them before.
                                    Yeah, that's true. True... Epicness! HUEHUEHUEHUE- god, I'm awful.
                                    Anyhow, yeah, it's more direct. Turnip's actually making a point of ignoring the lot, unless one of them actually speaks at him. Pretty much anyone even mentioning an NPC ought to snap him back into reality from his tantrum over false wall-loot.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                                    He didn't see him, but Princess and Ryuusa acknowledged his presence using their Spotting skills, if I remember correctly. Godot just happened to notice their reaction's to Turnip's presence.
                                    Yeah, that

And just for the record, Turnip was never , he was just hoping for people not to notice he showed up as an NPC. Seemingly, though, that's all they noticed. If I'm honest, it's pretty obvious, so running was... actually a pretty good strategy. Still, he stopped for potential loot really close to the lot, so he's in plain sight.

And, uh, for the record, what's a "My Unit"? Oh, uh, the UI for people in SAO? Might have just immediately figured that out myself, after ages of wondering, only when I was about to ask the question. For some reason I thought you were saying Robin had some kind of special qualification. Forgive me for that if I'm right, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

(As a side note, too, if Turnip finds out Robin's name, there's going to be immediate Batman references.)

Old June 28th, 2013 (2:50 AM). Edited June 28th, 2013 by Rose Quartz.

Forgive me guys~ i'll post in a few hours and answer all the questions~ ^^

I've created a bulletin board guys, I will post it soon.
                                      Old June 28th, 2013 (6:49 AM).
                                      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                      And, uh, for the record, what's a "My Unit"? Oh, uh, the UI for people in SAO? Might have just immediately figured that out myself, after ages of wondering, only when I was about to ask the question. For some reason I thought you were saying Robin had some kind of special qualification. Forgive me for that if I'm right, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

(As a side note, too, if Turnip finds out Robin's name, there's going to be immediate Batman references.)
                                      Ah, I should probably explain that. This is My Unit. His default name is Robin, but in Japan he's known as My Unit since he's the character that you make (that's his default appearance on the page I posted. Well, he or she.

In other words, it's just a reference to the game and character that Robin's name and appearance are based off of.

Old June 28th, 2013 (6:58 AM).
                                      Sylveon

Nature: Modest
                                        I'll be posting later today going to the doctor soon to see how my ankle is healing.

Quick Reply