ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old May 11th, 2013 (6:15 PM).
Aethestode's Avatar
Aethestode Aethestode is offline
Hacker
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Australia
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 1,674
    Hello, I need help with hacking FireRed.

    I want to know how to hack Pokemon Evolution. I know there are some programs that allows you to do it, but they are limited to what already existed in the game. I want to create different type of evolution, e.g.

    - Mutation
    - Fusion
    - Location Evolution

    Furthermore, is there a way to create more evolution items? I want to evolve pokemon like Poliwhirl to politoad by just giving it a King's rock, but it doesn't work. Thank you.

    My next question is, are there a way to temporarily change the sprite of the main protagonist? In my game, I want the main character to dress up as team rocket, but I got no idea how I can do it. Thank you.

    If someone can send me a link to a guide would be much appreciated.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old May 12th, 2013 (3:48 AM).
    Nickalooose Nickalooose is offline
    --------------------
       
      Join Date: Mar 2008
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 1,309
      I can give you a link but you wouldn't be happy where it goes (hacking section) since this is game development... I can't say too many people will help you
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old May 13th, 2013 (1:34 PM).
      GoGoJJTech's Avatar
      GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
      (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Nov 2012
      Location: Earth
      Age: 18
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 2,477
      use jpan's hacked engine it does the sprite change. You also need ASM knowledge to hack evolutions.
      __________________
      I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
      The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
      Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

      Support me at my site!
      Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old July 12th, 2014 (1:58 PM).
      Huy567's Avatar
      Huy567 Huy567 is offline
      The Shadow Feather
         
        Join Date: Jul 2014
        Location: Texas, US
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 20
        uhm GoGoJJTech I don't know what you mean by Jpan's engine having sprite change. I visited JPAN's thread on his hacked engine and I didn't see any mention of a sprite change. Could you explain a little? XD
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old July 12th, 2014 (4:28 PM).
        JosefigGaming's Avatar
        JosefigGaming JosefigGaming is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2013
          Location: Portugal
          Age: 18
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 287
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Huy567 View Post
          uhm GoGoJJTech I don't know what you mean by Jpan's engine having sprite change. I visited JPAN's thread on his hacked engine and I didn't see any mention of a sprite change. Could you explain a little? XD
          In Jpan's Hacked engine, you can change the value of a var to fit the sprite you want
          Ex:
          (This is a random var, it's obviously not the one)
          setvar 4000 0x12
          This would change the hero's sprite to sprite n. 12
          setvar 4001 0x13
          This would change the bycicle sprite to sprite n. 13
          ---
          I'm also positive there is a Ruby hacked rom (I dont know the creator, I just know his avatar is a Quilava), where you can also change the hero's sprite
          Needless to say, if you want to change the sprite back you just reset the var's value to 0
          __________________
          Working on:


          #fasterSneasel :D (nohomo)

          Coolest IRC with the coolest people in the coolest rooms:
          http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?channels=romhacking,gogo,discovery,fluorite
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old July 12th, 2014 (4:37 PM).
          Huy567's Avatar
          Huy567 Huy567 is offline
          The Shadow Feather
             
            Join Date: Jul 2014
            Location: Texas, US
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 20
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JosefigGaming View Post
            In Jpan's Hacked engine, you can change the value of a var to fit the sprite you want
            Ex:
            (This is a random var, it's obviously not the one)
            setvar 4000 0x12
            This would change the hero's sprite to sprite n. 12
            setvar 4001 0x13
            This would change the bycicle sprite to sprite n. 13
            ---
            I'm also positive there is a Ruby hacked rom (I dont know the creator, I just know his avatar is a Quilava), where you can also change the hero's sprite
            Needless to say, if you want to change the sprite back you just reset the var's value to 0
            Ohh thanks I thought he was talking about pokemon sprite changes(like formes) and got excited for a second. this makes it clearer.
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old July 12th, 2014 (5:24 PM).
            JosefigGaming's Avatar
            JosefigGaming JosefigGaming is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2013
              Location: Portugal
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 287
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Huy567 View Post
              Ohh thanks I thought he was talking about pokemon sprite changes(like formes) and got excited for a second. this makes it clearer.
              Well, there is a guy that managed that, he showed a video right here on PokéCommunity showcasing Mega Evolution
              Pretty cool, even has that sprite change and all
              However, he did not share his findings with the public. I'm not sure if the Pokemon change is part of his findings, but I dont think so, Im actually pretty sure someone (maybe it was GoGoJJTech) managed to change the Arceus sprite with a certain plate and also Giratina's form
              __________________
              Working on:


              #fasterSneasel :D (nohomo)

              Coolest IRC with the coolest people in the coolest rooms:
              http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?channels=romhacking,gogo,discovery,fluorite
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old July 12th, 2014 (5:28 PM).
              Huy567's Avatar
              Huy567 Huy567 is offline
              The Shadow Feather
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2014
                Location: Texas, US
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 20
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JosefigGaming View Post
                Well, there is a guy that managed that, he showed a video right here on PokéCommunity showcasing Mega Evolution
                Pretty cool, even has that sprite change and all
                However, he did not share his findings with the public. I'm not sure if the Pokemon change is part of his findings, but I dont think so, Im actually pretty sure someone (maybe it was GoGoJJTech) managed to change the Arceus sprite with a certain plate and also Giratina's form
                Yes this is exactly the news I needed. Now it feels as if forme changes arent impossible! looks like I got to find this information though..
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old July 12th, 2014 (7:57 PM).
                Tlachtli's Avatar
                Tlachtli Tlachtli is offline
                Crit happens.
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                  Location: Faraway place
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 267
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Huy567 View Post
                  Yes this is exactly the news I needed. Now it feels as if forme changes arent impossible! looks like I got to find this information though..
                  Forme changes are definitely possible (even without jpan's engine), there just hasn't been much research done into it that I'm aware of.

                  Castform can change both type and sprite based on a weather check. If we better understood the underlying routines there it shouldn't be hard to change a weather check into an item check (for plates or mega stones). The in-battle level up routine supports both adding and subtracting stats, so that may be useful for mega evolutions' stat changes.
                  __________________
                  Pokemon Sigma Σmerald:
                  (now under management by DraconianWing)

                  A Gen 3 remake de-make, featuring many new encounters and Gen VI mechanics

                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old July 12th, 2014 (8:35 PM).
                  .Missingno's Avatar
                  .Missingno .Missingno is offline
                  Viridian City Gym Leader
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Imagi-Nation
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 379
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Huy567 View Post
                  Yes this is exactly the news I needed. Now it feels as if forme changes arent impossible! looks like I got to find this information though..
                  Nope! Not impossible and with alittle research you will be well on your way and as far as costume changes I have saw it done before (see Pokemon AshGray for reference) not entirely sure how you go about it though
                  __________________


                  Reply With Quote
                    #11    
                  Old July 13th, 2014 (8:58 AM).
                  Huy567's Avatar
                  Huy567 Huy567 is offline
                  The Shadow Feather
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2014
                    Location: Texas, US
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 20
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tlachtli View Post
                    Forme changes are definitely possible (even without jpan's engine), there just hasn't been much research done into it that I'm aware of.

                    Castform can change both type and sprite based on a weather check. If we better understood the underlying routines there it shouldn't be hard to change a weather check into an item check (for plates or mega stones). The in-battle level up routine supports both adding and subtracting stats, so that may be useful for mega evolutions' stat changes.
                    Well that certainly helps and all, but has anyone actually found out the routine or each ability? Like where it's stored and how we can analyze it.
                    Reply With Quote
                    Reply

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:56 AM.