Champion

Age 22
Male
木ノ葉隠れの里
Seen March 17th, 2014
Posted May 28th, 2013
38 posts
7.3 Years
If Ash dies in the anime, what would you do? Would a new character replace him? Would Pikachu live any longer? I wouldn't because of depression, I mean, for heavens sakes, they have been together for what.., 16 seasons. xD Explain all of your thoughtful thoughts here!
- Uzumaki Naruto Jr. -
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my shinobi way!"
Age 30
Male
Finding new Challenges !!
Seen November 21st, 2016
Posted September 20th, 2015
3,015 posts
9.6 Years
As the series has a different approach than the original world i-e Ash always 10-11 when he sets out on a new journey, I hardly believe he will die. When they think they earned enough they will just cover the story for good. But seeing the karo region come along, Ash has still many breaths left. :)

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out

Age 25
Male
On an island with Hakaze
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 6th, 2020
749 posts
13.1 Years
He's already died twice. Now that I think about it, Pikachu died once as well. But they came back.

I don't think he'll ever die for good however.

Khoshi

とてもかわいい!

Age 22
Male
Sydney, Australia
Seen January 3rd, 2020
Posted October 16th, 2019
2,650 posts
7.3 Years
He won't die for good...he's a protagonist. Protagonists don't die (I mean permanently)

Otter Mii-kun

Age 32
Male
810, Michigan
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted May 28th, 2019
2,215 posts
15.4 Years
If Ash were to die for good, then it would mark the official end of the anime series altogether-going along with my theory that it will end with the main characters falling seriously ill and dying - a la preparing a soap opera for cancellation.

Drew

Rose Toss

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
11,130 posts
15.1 Years
That's pretty unreasonable, since the Pokemon anime doesn't even like to acknowledge death. I guess.. for one it would be pretty sad. The anime would end. Everyone that knew him would never be the same. omg. Also, millions of parents would be angry that their kids had to watch the death of the Pokemon protag.

"It's something like a gift".
paired to Palamon

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,949 posts
11.5 Years
If Ash Dies, anime is over, simple as that.
Sorry, have to agree with this. If Ash dies that would be it for the anime. Eventually, whether we like it or not, the anime is going to end, but Ash isn't going to die onscreen.
Theme: Osamu Dazai (Bungo to Alchemist)
Pair: Drew
Male
Seen December 8th, 2013
Posted May 16th, 2013
7 posts
7.2 Years
With Ash being a never aging kid, I highly doubt this being an issue.

If I had my way, the Ash anime would come to an end and an animated version of Pokemon Adventure would follow. The manga IMO is superior in every way to the Canon, and I feel an anime with a much more story rich and much more.. compelling protagonists would make for brilliant viewing.

That being said, Pkmn will undoubtedly never go down that route. The show is meant for kids, hence Ash being 10 forever.