• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ERMAGERD I'M A MOD NOW! ^o^

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • If for some bizarre reason, hstaff made you a mod in a certain forum, whether be it your favorite forum, your least favorite or anything really, how would you react to it?

For those on staff and those ex-staff, how did you react when you were asked to be part of staff?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I was really excited and it was a huge whirlwind of stuff. Everyone congratulating you, diving into the staff forums, a huge group msn conversation... it was just crazy!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'd content myself with the idea that the staff team recognized something in me, and by that entrusted me with quite a heavy responsibility. If I got to pick a board, I'd probably go for CC&P or D&D, or hope that one of those are the boards chosen on my behalf :P

All in all, it'd be pretty exciting, given how large PC is.

Years
  • It would be pretty exciting at first, but then I'd probably worry about missing something in my moderating duties and making a mistake.

My time modding on a much smaller forum was quite fun, until the admin left and I basically had to run everything myself until the vBulletin license ran out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hehe. I'd be very happy. I miss being a mod these days when I do have time to be active and care. But nowadays you can help out and give a lot of opinions as a normal member as well, so :>

If it was the Trade Corner or Gave Dev or something that I really didn't know anything about, I'd be terrified and refuse xD But if it was the Roleplay Corner or some other forum where I actually post and feel like I could do something good with as a mod, I'd definitely react in a positive way.

When I was modded long time ago, I remember thinking it was a bit unreal, but at the same time I was relieved xD Because I had been wanting to make changes to the particular forum I was assigned to already, and as a mod I finally got to restructure things and take care of the few annoying rulebreakers and just CLEAN UP. Ah, the satisfaction of making changes that stay.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Personally, i wouldn't want the responsibility. I'm here to connect with my pokefriends.
    I'm here to discuss all different types of things in my overall favourite game of all time.

But most of all, I'm here to have fun.
    Not to police a community.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I would be happy to clean things up as I like cleaning things up (but my room? No that's supposed to allllll go there) buuuuuut I don't know how I would feel :~ It probably wouldn't be that different (at least from experience) but it would be nice to sort some things out and make everything purtiful. However given that my job isn't to make everything sleek I would rather be somewhere up in the ladder where I can handle the files directly. But given that that's the first step in the ladder to that goal I'd happily take it.

Sirfetch’d

I would be both excited and scared at the same time. Things have to be perfect for me and I would be so worried about making a mistake as mod, my paranoia would be outrageous. As for modding a particular section I really don't know as I don't post too often in any particular area.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I wouldn't be sure about which I'd prefer to moderate. CC&P is tempting because I'm around here a lot, but I would be uncomfortable being all moderator-ly toward my friends here. I would certainly appreciate the offer, but it would of course be a lot of work. I'd have to cut out some offline (or online) stuff to make room, so I'm not excessively busy.

Upon seeing this title, I misunderstood and thought you had become a moderator. Then I was like
    Spoiler:

that a moderator had posted the thread in the wrong place. X}

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I wouldn't be too excited. I mean, I guess it'd be cool, but it's not really that big of a deal. If they made me a mod, I'd have questions about how they choose mods and why they chose someone who is so new to the forums. I'd most likely take it as an indication that the staff is chosen with little thought. But I doubt that'd happen, so you know, I don't gotta worry about that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I honestly didn't have the best experience when I became a mod. First getting promoted was great; I was shaking with excitement and anticipation on what I can do to help my sections and the community. It also, in all honestly, confirmed my suspicions since I saw that a few higher staff (like Morkula) had visited my profile the night before. But after that happened and certain people started noticing it was the beginning of what was about a one-two year drama fest from time to time. :/

Being a moderator is lovely though. If I didn't love it, then I would have quit from all the pressure I had all those months ago. It was .. pretty terrible so to speak. In all honestly I think it still hinders me a bit from doing the best I can do, but I'm hoping to push past it someday and become better at my job. I must be doing at least a decent one if I have lasted this long.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I probably wouldn't take a mod position if asked again. Life's too busy and I rather not have an obligation to come here. So I'd say thanks but no thanks. I don't remember my initial reaction.. it was too long ago.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I would probably be really surprised and wonder why the heck they made me a mod cause I never post here much or anything, but Id try to do the best I could and keep my section tidy.

Years
  • I was super excited both times. Got the jitters and everything. It's always fun! 8) And then you get to see your congrats thread and mod sections and all that fun stuff, which makes it even cooler. It's just overall exciting for a few days.

Then the novelty wears off a bit and you have to actually work, ugh. :p

Years
  • I've never been a mod in any forum, so I don't know that feeling. I wouldn't be excited as much, because I don't want to become mod.

Years
  • I'd be incredibly excited like others have said. I've modded some other forums and I know that being a mod can be a very rewarding experience if done properly. Plus, a forum as big as PC, it would make being asked to be a mod even more exciting, in my opinion anyway.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I'd be...pretty shocked really. I don't believe the chances of that would be all that great for me, if at all.

But once past that initial disbelief, probably I'd be genuinely happy. PC does mean quite a lot to me, so being able to help out more around here would be quite a nice thing. If I had to pick from any section, It'd have to either be FG, CC&P, or D&D. Those are the only sections I frequent with any consistent regularity anyway, and there's sure to be better candidates for any other sections regardless of my qualifications.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Back when I was promoted to moderator two years ago, I cried, sobbed, fainted, screamed, told my sister who didn't care and well, I just sat there crying and sobbing on my computer waiting for my name to turn bold. It was the night before a huge exam I had in college xD and that same night I couldn't sleep at all.

To be quite honest, due to my on and off activity, I don't see myself getting modded again. It all seems awesome and stuff, but I need a lot more dedication than what I had two years ago to be able to be considered for one. If I were, I'd probably take back my position as New Users/Welcome The Welcome Lounge moderator. Modding that section made me learn a lot, and it's also the most fun place to mod in.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i would be excited probably at first, but kind of nervous that i wouldn't be able to do what i needed to do.

Years
  • I would certainly be excited to hold a moderator position at any forum, for sure. :)

Although I have never been a moderator on a forum, I am a moderator on an IRC chatroom and I run my own IRC server, both of which require devotion to run, just like being a moderator here on PC.

Back