• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[DE] CODING [M] [IC]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Johto_Town_Map_GSC.png
Kanto_Town_Map_GSC.png

[SIZE="+5"][DE] CODING[/SIZE]
Rated M for mIrAcLeS

[ T H E M E - S O N G ]
[ T H E M E - S O N G - 2 ]

[S-HIGHLIGHT]IC THREAD[/S-HIGHLIGHT] | OOC THREAD

--- the STARTER pokémon ---

001.png
004.png
007.png
025.png
052.png

058.png
079.png
147.png
152.png
155.png

158.png
179.png
228.png
231.png
246.png

Each and everyone of these Pokémon will have its moveset assigned by the GM based on the strength of your SU. This is to say that magnificent SUs will result in magnificent movesets. They all start at LV. 5, do not forget moves and don't have a limit as to how many moves they can know at a time. Levels are gained at GM discretion and also based upon your quality of posts.

--- the SIGN-UP template ---

Name: First Name and Surname. Nicknames, middle names and additional names are allowed but not necessary.
Gender: Male, Female or Canadian. Please denote if your character is "special".
Appearance: The way they look. 2 paragraphs minimum.
Personality: Their traits, quirks, allegiances, beliefs and... ahem... their issues. All that kind of stuff. Two paragraphs at least.
Backstory: All events that occurred to them up to this point. Two paragraphs minimum. Please discuss with me first if you want to keep your history somewhat unexplained, cause I ain't no mind-reader to know that you're hiding stuff on purpose. And you don't need to have a tragic backstory. A happy child can still make for an epic character.​

--- the CAST ---

--- the CHAPTER LIST ---

Arc 01 - Tales of a CODE

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
C H A P T E R 1; 10101001101​

New_Bark_Town_GSC.png

nEw bArK ToWn​

"Winds of a New Beginning…"
[ T H E M E – S O N G ]

Gusts frolic across the air as the sun rises from the horizon, eager to start a new day full of thrilling and exciting adventures of grandeur. The wind sways lazily as it gently brushes the lush grasslands. The breeze carries around the lingering echoes of voices and words that were once spoken here…

It's all gone.
All of it.

This is your first stop in the digitized region of Johto. A wide grassland that contains but a few houses, all of them connected by a path of ground that serves as a guide for those who are wandering around. Amongst the houses one will find there are three that must be noted:

The first one is home of a strong Trainer of old by the name of Chris. Chris' story is a very simple one. Born and raised, in New Bark, he left on an errand for Professor Elm that revolved around a Pokémon Egg. He happened to bump into Professor Oak along the way, an avid researcher of all things Pocket Monsters. The scientist saw impending potential in the young male and entrusted him with a Pokédex. Chris soon managed to acquire all eight Johto badges, defeat Champion Lance and even the leaders of the neighboring Kanto. He was last seen on his way to Mt. Silver…

The second one is home to another young Trainer: Kris. While she wasn't really following the same goals as her childhood friend Chris, she also received a Pokémon from Professor Elm and decided to go on a journey of herself. She, however, was never seen again after venturing in Route 29.

And finally, we have Professor Elm's Pokémon Lab. Elm was an avid researcher of the breeding patterns of Pokémon and, as such, was truly fascinated by Eggs and how no one could ever get to see them when they were laid by Pokémon. His theories to explain this happening range from the eggs being laid to a mysterious omnipotent being creating each egg individually. However, he never really garnered enough proof to any of his theories, and was under looked by his fellow scientists. He was nothing but a dreamer to them.

And it's all gone now… Everyone is gone. All houses are deserted, even when all lights are on and dinner is still warm. No one is really sure as to why this happened. But it might be worth your while to look around… Your posts end when you enter a house and I will reply to them as soon as it is virtually possible to me.

wIlD PoKéMoN
016.png
161.png
zigzagoon.png

All captures are done at the discretion of the RPer. You may catch as many Pokémon as you want and you don't have to wait on the GM deciding whether you caught a Pokémon or not. Be reasonable, though, you will be required to release your newly caught Pokemon if the GM feels like you've abused this.
eVeNtS
1.1 – A man and his call.

Ring, ring! Your Pokégear beeps the second you touch it when you first open your envelope. Declining or ignoring this call results in the device ringing yet again until you pick up. A deep voice with a seemingly foreign accent is soon to explain itself.

"Hello, trainer," and after his generic greeting, he proceeds to introduce himself, "My name… I shalln't address it for the time being, but I will let you know that I'm the one who sent the envelope. This message is recorded, actually. Technology is amazing!" You're certainly sure you've heard that last sentence somewhere else… But you fail to recall which infamous figure leaded a speech with said words, "Regardless, that is not the theme of discussion for today…" He makes a pause, a very short one, and releases an equally short laugh before cutting it and proceeding, "Crazy stuff be happening here… People are disappearing every time you turn your head around! Crazy I tell you, crazy!" And he launches another laugh. You fail to get what is so funny about this, but then again, nothing he's said has actually been so, "So, yeah. I want you all to research new Bark Town. You're familiar with it, yes? And if you're not, then, sucks for you. It's a little town at the southeastern part of Johto, with a population of eight people, I think. Every year the local Professor gifts a Pokémon to potentially great Trainers… Today is the day he will do so again… Or would. The man is nowhere to be found. No one is in town apparently. They probably went into this huge field trip and didn't tell us or something…" A short pause, and his voice suddenly turns somewhat stern and out of place, "But we have reasons to believe their disappearing is a sort of warning for what has yet to happen. But we're not sure what that is to begin with. We need to search the town for clues, but we're currently busy searching for clues, answers and whatnot. That's where you all come in… I want you to search for clues in New Bark. Any clues, no matter how small they are. Although chances are you may not find any at all. But it might still be worth a shot…" Click! The recording is over. At least he finally ceased speaking…

Last edited:
Years
154etjm.jpg
Hector Mikhail // Chapter 1.1 // Totodile - x - x - x - x - x

In a flurry of feathers, the young man was left all alone and ready to fend for himself. Hector slipped his thin hands into his hoodie's pockets, dull expression hiding light curiosity. He had heard New Bark was a fairly small town, but he couldn't help but think it almost felt… backwards. Like a little village instead of the exciting, sparkling hub of new trainer's journeys. When his sister embarked on her own journey one and a half years ago, she kept in touch with her older brother and sent little updates and tidbits about what she found as she travelled. What she said… didn't really prepare him for this. It had a washed-out feeling, the buildings a pale beige or grey that blended into itself and left no impression. The forest surrounding it was uniform and hardly vibrant, save for the occasional cry of a Pokémon echoing around the empty houses. The ground was dusty and littered with the crushed remains of leaves, skittering along when a breeze would pass through. Melancholy, Hector thought. That's the word I want.

He tilted his head up towards the sky, catching the retreating figure of his mother and her Noctowl soaring through the sky. Hector was entirely prepared to set out to New Bark on foot, knowing it wasn't an enormous distance away, but his mother had intercepted before he even got a chance to set foot outside the door. It was almost a day ago when his father came into his room and tossed the boy a package (right at his head, of course, because he was moping on his bed). Irritated, he had ripped it open only for a few Pokéballs to clatter to the ground and a letter and oddly-shaped device fall into his lap. He had scanned the letter, frowning, wondering in the back of his mind if it was some sort of stupid joke (how did they get his address? Why him, and not his obviously-so-much-better sister?), when the piercing tone of the device ripped through his mind. Ah. It was a Pokégear. He had sighed and picked it up, trying to find which button answered the damn machine. "Who the hell is this?" he had growled when he finally succeeded in shutting the stupid thing up.

"Hello, trainer," someone had replied, nonchalantly ignoring Hector's irritable snap. His voice sounded odd, though pleasant. Some sort of foreigner. Damn! He had been caught up in some stupid telemarketing scam! "My name… I shan't address it for the time being, but I will let you know that I'm the one who sent the envelope. This message is recorded, actually." Oh. That's why. "Technology is amazing!"

"Get on with it, already!" Hector had grumbled, resting his head on his hand. Machine recording or not, this mysterious voice should've just got to the damn point!

"Regardless, that is not the theme of discussion for today…" There was the slightest pause and the slightest bark of a laugh, which had made the boy blink in confusion until the voice continued on. "Crazy stuff be happening here… People are disappearing every time you turn your head around! Crazy I tell you, crazy!" The voice launched into another bout of laughter, this more intense and lengthy. Hector had rolled his eyes. "So, yeah. I want you all to research New Bark Town. You're familiar with it, yes? And if you're not, then, sucks for you." What was he, an idiot? Hector had to fight back the urge to reply again. "It's a little town at the south-eastern part of Johto, with a population of eight people, I think. Every year the local Professor gifts a Pokémon to potentially great Trainers… Today is the day he will do so again…" What, was Hector meant to go down there? His sister had gone on a journey earlier, and it still didn't really interest the boy. "Or would. The man is nowhere to be found. No one is in town apparently. They probably went into this huge field trip and didn't tell us or something…" Oh. So he was going on a rescue mission? What was the point? The voice had become a bit sterner by then. "But we have reasons to believe their disappearing is a sort of warning for what has yet to happen. But we're not sure what that is to begin with. We need to search the town for clues, but we're currently busy searching for clues, answers and whatnot. That's where you all come in… I want you to search for clues in New Bark. Any clues, no matter how small they are. Although chances are you may not find any at all. But it might still be worth a shot…" Hector had pulled the Pokégear away from his head, staring at it awkwardly. An investigation? Again, why him? Still, the corners of his mouth quirked up. This could be pretty interesting…

Eventually, even though he rarely showed anything to his parents, his excitement had got the best of him. Though he couldn't get the recording to play, he still had the letter, and in one of the Pokéballs there was a small, blue crocodilian Pokémon just bursting with energy and raring to go. He had packed his bag, raiding the pantry and even raiding a store (he only stole a few things! It's food, he had every right to have some! And a sleeping bag! That's important!), and in the morning he was just about ready to head out – until his mother yanked him back and insisted she take him. It would save him a few day's travel time, and they could have a chat as they went along! And so they did. As the wind buffeted his face and tried to blow back his already-gelled hair to no avail, he and his mother yelled a conversation. He would try to make friends. He would try to clean up his act. He would be a good boy (pfft).

So there he was, all alone in a desolate little village. Awkwardly, he took a few steps forward. This felt weird. There was no one around, just like the recording had said. "Goddamn it," he muttered, picking at his stiffened hair. He wasn't the most sociable guy, but really… there's only so much nothingness one can tolerate. His hand dipped into his hoodie pocket again and brought out a smooth sphere, twisting it around so he could get a good look at it. "You might as well come on out," he said, as he let it drop to the ground. With a metallic ring that bounced off every wall and a flash of light that blinded no one, Hector's Totodile appeared right at his feet. The little creature let out a pleased squawk and seemed to smile smugly, its stubby hands on what probably passed as its hips. "So, uh. Totodile. Am I supposed to give you a name or something?" The Pokémon's red eyes, so much like the boy's own, gazed up at him curiously, before it gave a little shrug. Hector tilted his head. "Guess you're just Totodile for now, then."

He beckoned to Totodile and began walking forwards, with no particular aim. His eyes swept the town, looking for some hint of life. He could hear the scratching of Pokémon scrounging around in bins, but that wasn't what he was looking for. Totodile tried to trot over to look, but was stopped by a sharp "Hey!" from its trainer. Lost in the desolate scenery, Hector didn't realise he had reached the edge of a town until he heard the splash of his new Pokemon leaping into the lake. Startled, he snapped his head over to see Totodile simply leaping about in the shallows, chasing something in its imagination. Hector smiled wanely. It was… sort of cute. Again reaching up to play with one of the backwards-facing spikes of hair, he turned his back to the lake to see if anything had popped up as he had wandered. Nothing. Though there was a house nearby, large and nestled comfortably against the edge of the lake and forest. He frowned slightly, thin eyebrows sliding to meet each other. Maybe there was something inside?

"Hey, Totodile, get over here!" he called, pointing to his feet. Totodile leapt up and jogged towards the young man, looking pleased with itself. "We're goin' in there, okay?" Hector said, almost feeling a little silly talking to the Pokémon like this. He had never really thought of them as intelligent, but Totodile nodded its large head happily and walked a few steps in front of its trainer. Hector hopped over the low-lying fence and leaned over it to pick up his Pokémon. "You're lighter than you look," he mused as he placed it down by his feet on the perfectly neat lawn. He climbed the few stairs up to the door, and reached up for the knob, twisting it. He gulped, and gritted his teeth. There's no one in there. It's okay. You've done much tougher things, you dipsh*t. Slowly, he pushed it open, muscles tensed for anything that could be inside.​

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
1.2 – Adventure! Excited! [Kris' House]

A creaking door opens as the winds breath a snitch of life for a while into the well-lit house. The walls of a creamy brown that blend appropriately with each other. A very big –and expensive- TV sits over at the other side of the first floor, with a kitchen next to it that is well equipped with enough electronic appliances to satisfy your everyday needs. The floors are covered with pieces of triangular shapes. They seem to have patterns of all sorts in them that can barely be found a shape of. A set of stair sits quietly in the furthest corner of the house. Lustrous, white, and well-polished stairs… However owned this house cared deeply about the furniture.

The second floor of the house makes an incredible contrast with the first one. Pink walls with insane amounts of flowers dotted everywhere. A big deal of different furniture in shades of pink lies around, with a bed that would be considered to be worth of a princess with a very puffy shape and all. A Pokéball is also sitting in the middle of the mahogany floor.

But the most interesting thing could be a piece of mail lying in the ground. A pick one, obviously, with more flowers than one can count at the borders. A message that had barely been begun to write lies there, waiting for the moment in which it will finally be finished:

ADVENTURE.
EXCITED.
I LOVE POKÉMON
Kris <3​

1.3 – Of Departures and Farewells… [Chris' House]

Silence… Not a single sound is to be heard inside this house. Let's try to keep it this way… Modest hardwood floors cover the terrain of this first floor. The furniture is a creepy mirror of Kris' house. Each and all appliances and furniture is placed in the exact same position in both houses. But then again, aren't all houses this way in Johto?

Nothing interesting here… The second floor consists of lifeless walls of a dark brown and a simple, white bed with an old computer by the side. A Potion is stored in this PC. Might as well burrow it?​

1.4 – So This Is The Famous Elm Pokémon Lab… [Elm Laboratory]

A dark room comes into view. The lights work, but they were left off last time someone was here. These old lights blinking, only allowing you to see the entire place once every five seconds. A smell of soap and disinfectant pervades through the air. Neatly aligned shelves with books on Pokémon and Research Papers stand at the sides, hiding more shelves behind them. They contain books, mostly, but some of them have Pokéballs hidden here. A machine in the shape of a Pokéball lies in a corner at the bottom; empty, as all three Pokéballs that once lied here are all taken now… A laptop lies next to it. An e-mail that was apparently sent three years ago can be read.

Elm, you're not going to believe this! This is… truly marvelous, if it is what I think it is! Please come here immediately, this could be a glorious discovery for the history books!

-Mr. Pokémon

Players are allowed to take the Pokéballs hidden within the shelves, should they find them. They're not guaranteed to actually contain a Pokémon inside, and even if they did, these are to be generated at random by the GM. And if they don't, they can still be useful supplies…​

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
A light breeze blew through the ports of Olivine City, bringing a salty and familiar smell to Eris' nose. The smell of freedom, limitless opportunities. The smell that had been calling her name for a decade. Soon, it would bring her to New Bark, the first stop on her journey to save the world. God, that sounded so bad ass. Eris thought back to the phone call she received earlier that day. The strange voice she had heard was stuck in her head.

"Hello, trainer, My name… I shalln't address it for the time being, but I will let you know that I'm the one who sent the envelope. This message is recorded, actually. Technology is amazing! Regardless, that is not the theme of discussion for today… Crazy stuff be happening here… People are disappearing every time you turn your head around! Crazy I tell you, crazy! So, yeah. I want you all to research new Bark Town. You're familiar with it, yes? And if you're not, then, sucks for you. It's a little town at the southeastern part of Johto, with a population of eight people, I think. Every year the local Professor gifts a Pokémon to potentially great Trainers… Today is the day he will do so again… Or would. The man is nowhere to be found. No one is in town apparently. They probably went into this huge field trip and didn't tell us or something… But we have reasons to believe their disappearing is a sort of warning for what has yet to happen. But we're not sure what that is to begin with. We need to search the town for clues, but we're currently busy searching for clues, answers and whatnot. That's where you all come in… I want you to search for clues in New Bark. Any clues, no matter how small they are. Although chances are you may not find any at all. But it might still be worth a shot…"

So sketch, yet so intriguing. Not to mention it came with a free pokemom, which was awesome. At least she had something to do on her journey, even though its a bit cryptic. She shrugged the ominous feeling off and walked out onto the pier. Sea Beggar...Sea Beggar...aha! The Sea Beggar, in port 7. Eris smiled as she jumped in and felt around under the console. Her smile widened when she felt the cold steel of the keys touch her fingertips. It was time to leave.

Ahaha.

She pulled her hand, and the key, out from underneath the console. Inserting her key, she started the Sea Beggar, untied the ropes and lifted the anchor. Bringing the motor to a roar, she raced out of the port and into the horizon.

"Whooooohoooo!" She yelled into the wind that blew past her hair. She smiled, giving the world a full view of her big, white teeth. Taking out her new Pokéball, she let Dratini out. They had just met this morning, and they could use some bonding time. Dratini floated out of the ball, and around Eris' head. Eris affectionately rubbed her head against the little dragon.

"Hey there little guy," she said, "ready for an adventure?" Dratini floated around the boat in an energetic matter. "I'll take that as a 'Yes'." The boat jumped over the wakes of other boats as she zipped along the coastline, following her map towards New Bark...

The town was visible in the horizon. Eris frowned and brought the Sea Beggar to a lull and then finally to a stop. The hull bumped against the soft banks as she lowered the anchor back into the water. She jumped out onto the grass, slinging her Pokégear over her shoulder. Dratini lazily floated after her trainer. Eris's heels sunk into the soil a little as she crossed the lawn of a home. Nobody in sight. Wait...one of the houses had the light on, and the door open. Was someone else here too? Eris fixed her hair. Only one way to find out.

She walked inside, the door creaking as it was pushed aside to allow her entrance. Inside, a young, small boy stood. Eris wrinkled her nose at his choice of clothing.Puffy hoodie, denim, work boots. This boy needed a make over already and she hasn't even seen the front side of him. The inside of the house was pretty fabulous, however. The creamy walls blended together, giving the room a nice coffee house feel. Cozy.

"Hey, are you here for the mystery man too?" Eris said, making her presence known. Dratini floated towards the Totodile accompanying the other person, in a playful kind of way. Eris messed with her red summer dress as she awaited a reply.​

doge

???
Years
"If you weren't so damn adorable, I think we'd be there already."

The Chikorita walking alongside Wilson looked up at him with cluelessness in her eyes. All the while, the cracks of a smirk were on the verge of breaking out. Wilson caught the look out of the corner of his eye and just couldn't help but smile. The smirk, on the other hand, had gone unnoticed.

The newly acquainted pair had left from not too far a stretch from their apparent destination of New Bark. In fact, his mother even told him that the walk would take no longer than a hour, which looking back on seems like wishful thinking. Though at the time, so struck with the news of the letter, the voice recording and the idea of being sent out on his journey, Wilson paid little attention to such minor details.

He wouldn't admit it to his parents, but he thought this was actually really cool. The idea of being away from home for elongated period of time was nothing new to him, but this was something totally different. It was a little bit scary, but all the while exciting. Of course he wasn't as ecstatic with the idea of having to meet new people but he had lucked out so far, as he hadn't seen a soul since being face to fa-foot with the sole of his mother's boot. The woman rarely resorted to violence, even the slightest bit, but she had to do something to literally, kickstart her son's journey. Being with pokemon, that was the real deal breaker, at the mention of it, all anxieties and curiosities he had about the journey were quelled.

All the books he'd read in his free time growing up were either about pokemon or pokemon trainers. The idea of going on his own journey had since been an inner desire, he just never had the guts or voice to pipe up about it to his parents. Obviously now, he wouldn't have to. Of course, actually owning a pokemon wasn't at all quite as glamorous as it was cracked up to be. Case example, his Chikorita. She had stopped about walking about five times now? Four times it was to sunbathe, leaving Wilson to go find some shade so he wouldn't end up crisp, and one time to smell some flowers, which he ended up joining in too. No regrets, the scent was absolutely amazing. If it were any other pokemon, he'd probably just return her but she was too darn cute for him to say anything about it. Now obviously he could've just kept her in confinement the whole time instead of gifting her with the freedom of air but Wilson was the type of kid that wanted to walk with his pokemon, mostly because that was how he saw all the trainers in the books do it. Since he only had Chikorita, she was by default the chosen one.

At this point, Wilson was trying to see if he could spot any buildings in the distance. His height was quite helpful in that and he made sure to use it. He was sort of extending his neck, trying to get a better view of things, at least until he felt a little nudge against his right leg. It almost spooked him for a bit as in the immediate moment it happened, he had no idea who or what it could've possibly been. Looking down sharply, he was stuck glaring at his Chikorita. His facial expression immediately changed to that of relief and a bit of dumbfoundedness at his own forgetfulness. His Chikorita didn't quite catch the change and misconstrued his glare as a scowling of the young pokemon. That didn't go over quite as well as the grass pokemon's beady eyes dropped, in a sort of shameful fashion.

A bit of guilt washed over Wilson and not knowing what to do, he tore a page out of his mom's book and picked her up into his gangly arms.

"I'm real sorry about that hon-uhh Chikorita... I didn't know that was you touching my leg, I thought it was something else! I didn't mean to look at you like that, I swear."

Her eyes perked and a wide smile was plastered on her face, boy did their emotions shift fast. It felt kind of awkward apologizing to his pokemon like this but he didn't want his Chikorita to be sulking the rest of the way to New Bark. She snuggled into Wilson's thin arms, which made it hard for him to put her back on the ground. It was if she planned it all out so she could relax the rest of the way. The thought ran through his mind but it seemed so improbable that Wilson put it aside.

With that aside, Wilson hoped the rest of the way to New Bark would be smoove sailings, with little to no distractions. He of returned his attention to the horizon, and a rooftop was coming into view, quickly followed by another. They'd be there soon enough.

It was dead, to say the least. Perhaps if the setting wasn't so eerie, he'd enjoy the solitude gifted to him. All the lights were on, which was odd, considering everyone had supposedly vanished. His Chikorita, still wrapped in his arms, felt the atmosphere a bit too creepy for her liking and was urging the trainer to go into a house. Reluctantly, Wilson obliged, it was the house closest to which he had entered New Bark.

Ducking his head and walking in, Wilson closed the door behind him, he didn't want anybody sneaking up on him. His Chikorita eased up, feeling some form of security within the empty house. Wilson looked around the interior, studying the first floor thoroughly.

"This looks just like the inside of my house, creepy..."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jane Egbert - CHAPTER 01 POST 01
155.png
Jane stared. Cyn the Cyndaquil snorted. Different reactions to the same horrid realization - New Bark Town was dead.

They were standing on one of the few little hills that separated the Egbert house from the body of the town. Or what had previously been the town. Jane wore her full trainer's outfit, complete with a black backpack, and her newly obtained pokémon were standing in the grass beside her. A male Cyndaquil who did not seem to be the most playful of the bunch.

"When did this happen? I don't understand! I don't..." Jane grabbed her head with both hands and just massaged it for a moment. She felt as if she had just lost a bit of her memory. When was the last time she had gone into town? Why hadn't she heard about people leaving New Bark earlier? This was very confusing.

Nevertheless, a few seconds later she called on Cyn, and they started walking down the last hill to reach the town.

Houses were quiet and the streets were more empty than Jane had ever seen them. Where had everyone gone? That was her job to find out, she guessed, recalling the recorded message she had listened to from the PokéGear while walking earlier.

She closed in on a familiar building at the edge of town. Professor Elm's laboratory. She had only been there briefly one time when they visited with school. She didn't exactly know the professor well, they might just say hello to each other on the street. At least if no one else was around.

The lab was surrounded by a minor garden. It was probably bigger behind the building, towards the forest, but on the front side it was thin, had no flowers and was lined with a low stone wall that Jane could easily climb over if she wanted to. She didn't want to. The gate was wide open, as if someone had just decided not to close it.

Cyn snorted again, making Jane look down at him with a worried face. "Do you sense danger, partner?" she said. Cyn didn't dignify her with a look even. He walked on forward, up to the main entrance to the lab and pushed the door open without much effort. Once again it seemed like someone just hadn't closed it. "Very strange," Jane commented as she followed her pokémon.

Inside, a dark room came into view. Jane shuddered but found a switch. It didn't work properly; the light flashed on about every 5 seconds or so, allowing her to only glimpse her surroundings. A smell of soap and disinfectant pervaded through the air. Neatly aligned shelves with books on Pokémon and Research Papers stood at the sides, hiding more shelves behind them. Things looked much like they did that time years ago when Jane had visited... Only wrong somehow. Something here was definitely wrong. Else, she wouldn't be here, right? She never got to be one of those who got a pokémon from Elm... She glanced down at Syn. "But now I have one!" she thought out loud, now earning a little glance back from the Cyndaquil.

All of a sudden, the pokémon fired up its back though. He lighted up the room in a better way than the flickering lights did. "Great, Cyn!" Jane commended with a smile.

Something gleamed in the new fiery light. Something in a bookshelf. Jane's eyes widened and she walked closer. "Come here with the light, please!" she said. Cyn just turned around a little but remained in his spot in the middle of the large room.

"Is that..." Jane stretched out to grab the red and white, gleaming thing stuffed in between two fat books. "Is that a pokéball?"

Chalifoux

Years
Jane Egbert - Who's That Pokémon?

In this Pokéballs lies a Pokémon. This Pokémon seems to possess a myriad of memories from a few days ago, but in comparison to today, it seems like it was a year ago, maybe even more...

"This is a newly discovered Pokémon, say hello to Tympole!"

From his earliest days...

"I'm going to call you Madeline!"

To his first Trainer...

"Haha! Grass is Super-Effective agaist Water!"

And even his first battle. Molly, that's the name of her previous Trainer. Or so she was called when Madeline was allowed to play with her. She was barely six, and as such, Tympole wasn't technically hers. Even then, the two shared a deep connection that almost no one understood. Just like they were made for each other.

One night, molly said goodbye to Madeline before going to sleep, promising that she would come to play with her once more first thing in the following morning...

But Molly never stood up to her promise. She was never seen after that night... Madeline is mad, and sad at her. She thought Molly was her friend, but this is just the life of a regular Pokémon, and there is nothing to be done about it. Nothing but wait for a new Trainer to show up...

And that Trainer was Jane...

Couldn't Find An Awesome GSC Sprite :/
Madeline
[HYDRATION]
Bubble | Growl | Bounce | Endeavor​

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Tony Spade/Jenna Matthews
Chapter 1.1
Theme for the post: "Poker Face" – Lady Gaga

Once Tony entered New Bark town, he was missing home already. The whole town was just empty. It was like they were all kidnapped by aliens from outer space and the place was left to rot since no one was tending to it. He swears he saw tumble weeds rolling along the roads of the town. Why the poke'gear message he received his cute little Mareep, who was at the moment in his arms, told her to come to the barren town beyond her.

"Specks of color would be nice," Tony sighed as he looked through another empty home in New Bark town. Nothing was here, but dust and forgotten memories and that was just depressing. Mareep let out a cry from his arms, as if humming in agreement. Tony laughed and patted his head, "You are so cute!"

Mareep seemed to know what he was saying and let out another happy cry, enjoying the compliments he was receiving. Tony was so NOT going to spoil him rotten. Well he wouldn't try to and so far that wasn't working.

Tony walked along the dirt road singing "Poker Face", the song he performed a few nights ago in front of his friends, as if it were some kind of anthem. He walked into the last house of the town, that wasn't the big giant lab at the north of town. Silly, who would ever live in their own office? Silly gamefreak.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jane Egbert - CHAPTER 01 POST 02
155.png
535.png
The pokéball was heavier than Jane thought. She pulled her glasses higher up on the bridge of her nose and held the orb close to examine it in the orange light from Cyn's sparkling flames. The light in the ceiling wasn't much help.

"A find like this," she murmured. "People don't leave pokémon lying around in pokéballs just like this. Not famous professors anyways! So it's got to be a useful item of some kind, worthy protecting and preserving inside a pokéball."

She turned it around in her hands. "Not a single scratch. Pokéballs sure are durable! I wonder if all things can be hidden inside pokéballs, or if it's just some chosen kinds of items. I wonder if humans can be absorbed by it..."

A barking noise from Cyn made her jump and almost drop the pokéball. The Cyndaquil had accepted a defensive position in the middle of the room, staring at something close to the entrance. Jane had not closed the door behind her. Now there was a pokémon standing in the doorway.

"Rattata!" Jane exclaimed, easily recognizing the rat pokémon. It looked hungry in a strange way. And not really happy with seeing them. A theme song immediately came to Jane's mind and she put the newly obtained pokéball down into her pocket and fiddled with her mp3 player for a few seconds to find the song she had in mind. There was no way she was going to battle her very first wild pokémon without having a good soundtrack running!

*click for lab encounter soundtrack*

With music in her ears, the Rattata staring them down looked downright menacing. The light from outside framed it in the doorway and Cyn blazed his fire up even more to counter the appearance. Jane's pokémon was not a scaredy cat.

And Jane wasn't scared either. If anything, the music made her excited. "I'm going to do this the right way!" she proclaimed.

Rattata dashed forward and Tackled Cyn before she could do anything. The mouse pokémon tumbled around on the floor, fire out, and came to a stop near a shocked Jane's feet. "What!" she said. The purple rat pokémon gnarled and started running towards her instead.

"Wait! WAaaaait!" Jane screamed and ran in the opposite direction, leaving Cyn lying on the floor. Rattata, luckily, just ran past it thinking it was already beaten. "You didn't give me a sporstly chance!"

She jumped up on top of a table, forcing the rat to brake and stop beneath it. It tried to jump up to reach her with its large teeth.

"Waaah wait!" Jane screamed again and jumped from the table onto a wide bookshelf leaning against the wall. She climbed it until she was clutching the topmost shelf with her hands and standing with her feet on one of the middle shelves, slightly crouched. Rattata kept trying to jump up. "Leave me alone! Aren't your species supposed to be shy? I've read that somewhere!"

Something flashed and suddenly lit up the room again. "Cyn!" Jane exclaimed and then tried to remember any attack, ANY, from the information she had heard about Cyndaquil before. She knew a lot about a lot of pokémon - it was part of her life to know that. She wished that she had something to help her though, maybe something where she could at least write down stuff like strategies and attacks so that she wouldn't have to think hard in the heat of things... Like the PokéGear! It probably had a notepad feature, right? The PokéGear which was now... Oh, it lay on the floor next to Cyn. She had dropped it!

Cyndaquil was back up on his feet. He looked up at his awkward trainer, clinging to a bookshelf in the blinking light of the large room. The Tackle had not really hurt him much, but it had taken him by surprise. He wasn't used to battling; he was still a kid actually. But he was determined and not scaredy cat. His trainer, however whimsy she seemed, had gotten that right about him at least.

Cyn let his fires grow and charged up the attack he was most proud of. Extrasensory.

All of a sudden, Rattata and Jane were both distracted by some sort of glowing light behind them that did not look like the calm flames from before. They both turned and stared at what was now happening. Cyn's whole fur seemed to be glowing for a few seconds, before the glow suddenly left his body and expanded around him like a glowing sphere. Streams of rainbow shot across the sphere's surface every now and then. Mere seconds had passed by before the glowing very fast became focused in front of Cyn, and fired off like a beam at the rat pokémon.

Rattata didn't even have time to scream before the very physical psychic attack hit it and sent it frying - sorry, flying - into the bookshelf. The impact made the construction sway and caused Jane to fall down onto the floor with a yelp. She landed on top of the already injured Rattata, which cause it to lose its breath and faint.

"Oh dear!" Jane said and got up quickly. Now she was happy that she had all these knee and shoulder guards... Oh, it wasn't them that had saved her. It was Rattata. Poor thing was now knocked out on the floor.

Jane turned back to her starter. The glow was quickly diminishing, and Cyn stood there panting. Was he smiling? Nevertheless, an incredible thing he had just done.

"I had no idea you knew such incredible moves!" Jane said, picking her pokémon up and giving him a hug. Cyn reluctantly let her do it. "Do you know more psychic type attacks? We can throw any opponent off their feet with this surprise!" Cyn sighed.

Jane kept Cyn on her left arm, like a baby, while she walked up to the PokéGear on the floor and picked it up. She scanned Rattata with it, and then wrinkled her nose. "It's not an overly exciting pokémon, Rattata," she said. "I think... I think we'll abstain from capturing it. We want exciting pokémon partners, right Cyn?"

Cyn just snorted. It could be interpreted any way.

"I don't want to be in here for longer than necessary though," Jane said and took one more look around. "That pokémon might wake up soon and the light makes this very creepy and..."

Something caught her eye. "Hang on."

Cyn struggled in her grip; he wanted to get out of here already. But she ignored him and just held on tighter with her arm while she walked up to the strangely shaped table in one corner of the room. No, it wasn't a table. It was a machine of some sort. It didn't seem to have any function anymore though. Next to it was a laptop.

"Hm?" Jane sounded as she flipped the lid open. The machine spurred into action immediately - it had just been in standby mode. Windows with programs were still open on it. "Strange," she muttered. "Oh, there's an email here. Maybe it's mean to read it? But then again, the whole town is deserted..."

She read it.

Elm, you're not going to believe this! This is… truly marvelous, if it is what I think it is! Please come here immediately, this could be a glorious discovery for the history books!

-Mr. Pokémon​

"Mr Pokémon?" Jane thought out loud. Cyn had stopped struggling, but he contemplated lighting up his back with flames again because that would surely make her let him go. "Why do I feel like I've heard that name before? Hmm. Maybe it's someone Dad knows. Or Grandma. In any case, this is highly suspicious! What if the professor left after hearing about this discovery, and what if that's why the whole town is deserted?!"

Cyn gave her a blank stare with his nigh closed eyes. But Jane was too fired up to think completely reasonably now. She had found a clue, she was dead certain of it. "We have to go and find Mr Pokémon! Maybe professor Elm will be there!"

With that, she stormed out from the laboratory. Cyn was still in her arms, the PokéGear in one of the pouches on her belt, and an unknown pokémon in one of her pockets...

Last edited:
Years
154etjm.jpg
Hector Mikhail // Chapter 1.2 // Totodile - x - x - x - x - x

Naturally, Hector's fears were unfounded. The door swung open easily, revealing a rather comfy-looking home. Warm, light brown walls, comfy looking chairs, an impressive-looking TV… Hector whistled softly, impressed. Whoever lived here was probably pretty loaded. A small smile quirked at his lips as he stepped inside. No one was around… If he just happened to find a jewellery or cash stash hidden somewhere, it's not like anyone would miss it, right? It beat having to battle kids for money, that's for sure. Totodile was fairly oblivious to its trainer's scheming, rather choosing to do a little bit of its own investigation. It stuck its broad snout under a sofa, snuffling around. Hector was brought out of his reverie by a loud sneeze, glancing over to see Totodile pawing at its nose. He rolled his eyes. "Moron," he muttered softly. He took a few more steps in, glancing at the kitchen. The words "volcano bakemeat" seemed to flood into his head, and he frowned. The heck was volcano bakemeat?

"Hey," came a voice, somewhere behind him. Sh*t! he thought as he swivelled around to face the (other) intruder, his fists raised. "…Are you here for the mystery man too?" Gears turned in Hector's mind, and he dropped his guard. Oh. She… was on the same kinda mission as he was, huh? The girl was smiling brightly, curly brown hair framing a friendly face. Hector scoffed and shoved his hands in his hoodie pockets. Idly, he noticed a long, slender blue Pokémon floating near Totodile. That was a rare kind of Pokémon, wasn't it?

"Yeah, you could say that," Hector said dismissively, his head tilted up and looking down his nose at the girl. She seemed like she'd be irritatingly friendly. Even if he had promised to try and be friendlier, it didn't mean he had to be buddy-buddy with every single person in this damn search party. He just wouldn't lose his temper or anything. "Doesn't seem to be any sort of clues here, though. I mean, you could have a better look around down here, but I don't see anythin' at a glance." His gaze swept over to the stairs. "I'll head upstairs. You can stay down here. I dunno what the hell we're meant to be looking for, though." There. He didn't swear, and he didn't snap. He might have had an offputting tone of voice… but it's one step at a time. Hands still in his pockets, he trudged over to the fancy-looking staircase. He flicked his head back. "C'mon, Totodile." The little reptile cheerfully dashed over to its trainer, leaving its new friend behind. Hector didn't wait for a response from the girl before he ascended.

He immediately regretted it.

The searing pain of pink, pink, everywhere met his poor retinas, and he almost physically recoiled. It was like a six-year-old girl lived up there! Flowers, everything in pink, plush toys, absurdly fluffy bed... Goddamn it, he didn't feel bad about conspiring to rob the place. Any parent who spoiled their kid that much didn't deserve their money. The room was surprisingly neat, however, like it had been cleaned recently – save for two little details. On the ground, fairly conspicuously, the childish tenant had left two things. Hector stepped forward, trying to contain his revulsion, and bent down to get a proper look.

The first thing was a letter, and it slipped up easily into his hand. Frowning, he read over the simple message.

"ADVENTURE.
EXCITED.
I LOVE POKEMON.
Kris <3"

Creepy. Again, it brought the image of a child into Hector's mind, but the handwriting was quite neat and even in cursive. So... it couldn't be anyone too young. Hector glanced to the side, and reached out for the second item. A Pokéball. He couldn't really tell if anything was in there, but Totodile was snuffling at it curiously. With a light grunt, the boy got to his feet, ball in one hand and letter in the other. "Might as well see if it's just a piece of junk or if it has something in it," he said, twisting the ball in his hand. Totodile nodded, though its trainer didn't notice. Hector let the ball fall out of his hand and onto the ground, half-expecting a burst of light and half-expecting nothing at all.​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Serene Linge
Chapter 01
Theme: Serenity

Serene, the young maiden, along with her partner Growlithe surveyed the town. All that she can hear was the gentle breeze blowing. Her newly obtained Growlithe seemed to be playful for it's age - whatever that age might of been. It was sniffing the cold ground. It couldn't pick up a whiff. Serene then had an idea she stood on the top of her toes, and then took a deep breath as she cried:

"S-T-U-P-I-D!" But, there was no answer. She can only came up with one conclusion as she turned to her Growlithe. "New Bark Town... is certainly desolate," she said. Her Growlithe responded with a simple whimper, followed up with a saddened look. "But why? Was this the act of the heavens?" She couldn't think of a single thing. After all, it wasn't a long time before she first set foot in Johto. Maybe there was just a local custom?

It was then she remembered - she also had a pokegear. This was included with an envelope from when she first started on her journey. Then again, looking back, she couldn't really recall who had sent the letter, but, this sounded important to pay no mind on who sent the letter anyway. After all, she also had a promise to keep. Soon her remembrance was interrupted by her Growlithe tugging on her dress. "What's wrong?" she asked it. Her Growlithe soon turned towards a familiar-shaped building. Of course, while Serene only saw it a couple of times in some brochures and some T.V shows, but, there was no mistake about it. "That's Professor Elm's laboratory..."

The lab inside had a distinct odor. It smelled kind of like.. raspberries? Blueberries? Well, Serene couldn't pinpoint the smell, but, this soapy kind of smell seemed familiar. But regardless, the room was dark. The lights were turned off. Serene felt her way to find and turn on the light switch, but, the lights only flickered on and off. It wasn't much help at all. However, she was able to make out the bookshelves near the edge of the room. Unfortunately, thanks to the poorly lit room, she hit the base of her hand against a stray desk that had a machine. She couldn't pin-point what that machine was, since she was wincing in pain. Her Growlithe went by to lick the wound better. Serene smiled. "Thanks dear," she said, as she pet her loyal Growlithe.

Going back to the bookcase, she first had her sights upon a couple of neatly organized pokemon books. She recognized some of them - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finneon, Jumpluff and the Beanstalk, Froslass and the Seven Drowzees... It was all coupled together with some research papers, all she could only vaguely understand. As she tucked away the Froslass and the Seven Drowzees book, she noticed something; more shelves? This time, they were holding something she hadn't expected. She took out the object and lowered it to her Growlithe.

"Can you please check this, dear? Perhaps the owner is nearby," Serene asked her Growlithe. Her Growlithe barked, as it then sniffed the object. It then gave Serene a weaker cry. No one in the vicinity. But to Serene, there was something very clear to her. "So, he might of been nearby recently, but, this thing..." The lights flickered on again as the object became more easy to identify. "There's no mistake, Growlithe. This... is a pokeball!"​

Chalifoux

Years
Jane Egbert - Yo, dawg! Cynda's level be up!

155.png

Cyndaquil has grown lo level 6!
Cyndaquil learned Smokescreen!

Pokémon do not forget moves! They don't have a limit as to how many moves they can use at a time, either!

Rattata is not within New Bark Town, but it appears in Route 29, so it's perfectly fine to have one here! :D
Also, Tympole is Level 7 as of its meeting with Jane :3​

Hector Mikhall - Who's That Pokémon?

Another Pokéball, and more memories within it. A young girl caught her first Pokémon with it. A Marill, she was particularly happy from that point on by just having a cute, round Pokèmon next to her side... And as the Pokéball opened... ... ... Nothing came out.

"Let's go for a stroll, Marill!"

Yes, that's right, Kris never kept Marill inside its Pokéball, so chances are that it was with her in the moment of her disappearing... So, sadly, the only thing Hector will get out of this is a Pokéball...​

Serene Linge - Everybody Keeps Finding Pokéballs xD

A new Pokéball and a new story. This Pokéballs story is... None. A recent addition to the lab, who is eagerly awaiting the moment it'll first come out and play with whomever met his eyes... A moment that he was waiting for far too long and, if it weren't for Serene, it wouldn't have arrived at all...

066.png

Cornelius Lv.5
[NO GUARD]
Low Kick | Leer | Bullet Punch | Meditate |

Keep in mind he's young, inexperienced, and overall, easily impressionable...​

Spoiler:
rOuTe 29
[ T H E M E - S O N G ]
As you make your way to the very first route of Johto –Route 29-, you will find a straight going path. For those who have a Pokémon with Cut, at least… The path is filled with tiny Cut trees that somehow make it impossible for those who don't have Cut to go through, and if it wasn't enough, going around these tiny trees needs you to traverse hordes of tall grass where several Pokémon hide, and they won't be happy if you step on them or something.

The flux of Trainers decreased greatly ever since everyone in New Bark suddenly vanished. Now you only see Trainers that come all the way from Blackthorn City or have just exited Cherrygrove City. You can battle them if they're not frightened enough about the series of events that have been plaguing Johto.

The most important landmark is not the fork that connects to Route 46 up there, mind you (besides, the annoying-ass guard won't let you pass. Something about it being too dangerous, whatever.) But a small tree that is not cut-able and is the source to a very important plant: a Berry plant. Either it contains an Oran Berry, or the dear, sweet, precious Green Apricorn. Only two players can harvest this tree, with one taking one kind of berry and the other one the remainder one.

wIlD PoKéMoN
016.png
019.png
161.png
163.png
187.png

All captures are done at the discretion of the RPer. You may catch as many Pokémon as you want and you don't have to wait on the GM deciding whether you caught a Pokémon or not. Be reasonable, though, you will be required to release your newly caught Pokémon if the GM feels like you've abused this.

eVeNtS
2.1 – There's Some Punk That Wants To Talk To You…
"I do believe that this is the first time we've met? Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Tuscany of Tuesday. By way of introduction, please accept this gift, a Pink Bow. Wouldn't you agree that it is most adorable? It strengthens Normal-type moves. I am certain it will be of use."

What's the deal with this odd guy? It's not even Tuesday! It's Friday, for god's sake!

"Have you met Monica, my older sister? Or my younger brother, Wesley? I am the second of seven children."

Eh, whatever. You decide to accept one of the apparently unlimited Pink Bows this dude carries with him. They boost a Normal-type move's strength somewhat. Not that it's that noticeable, really… All RPers can receive a Pink bow each.​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jane Egbert - ROUTE 29 POST 01
155.png
535.png

Deciding to ditch ghost city and skip ahead anyways~!
Jane had pondered going back home and asking her family members about Mr. Pokémon, but she hated the thought of retracing her footsteps backwards on the journey already - she wanted to move on forward! Therefore, she didn't even notice the other trainers who were walking around New Bark, investigating at the same time she was. From the laboratory, she walked straight on towards Route 29 just in time to miss Serene arriving at the lab.

The music now in her ears was fitting for her first steps onto a new road.

"Okay, let's see if we can find any trainers here who know who Mr. Pokémon is and where he is!" Jane said enthusiastically as they started walking on the straight route, the houses of New Bark steadily becoming distant behind them. Cyn walked beside his trainer, outside of his pokéball. Jane felt more comfortable with not being alone, mostly because New Bark was so creepy. She missed the old, nice, friendly town... Not that the people there had been overly friendly towards her. Not the girls, at least. She scoffed at the memory of her classmates. The guys had been much better, at least some of them. Oh, how people would judge others... Had they nothing better to do?

Suddenly, Jane walked straight into a large shrubbery. She had been too deep in thought and not looked where she was going. Cyn sighed behind her.

"Oh. Well, we'll go around this!" Jane said and started looking at its sides. But the shrubbery was strangely wide. Large, even. More of a group of stubborn little trees than a shrubbery, really. There wasn't really a way around. Jane scratched her head.

"Maybe I can climb through it?" The bush stood in the middle of the road, so she had to get past it somehow. But to no avail; the shubbery/tree/bush thing was unbeatable. A pouting Jane had to give up at last and take a few steps back.

Then, suddenly... "I've got it! Cyn!"

Her pokémon looked up with one eyebrow raised. "Burn the bush to the ground with a fire attack, so we can get through!"

Cyn just looked at her, without moving a muscle. "What's wrong?" Jane asked and scratched her head again. After a few moments of Cyn puffing his back with flames without attacking, realization struck her. "You don't know any fire type moves. You don't... Know any..." She facepalmed. A fire pokémon who didn't know any fire moves. That was so useful! Not. And she somehow doubted that his psychic type move would have an effect on a bush.

They had to find a long way around it. Into the tall grass they went.

The sun stood high on the sky now; it was midday. Jane and Cyn carried on through the tall grass, Jane mostly sour but Cyn on his alert... And that's when the first wild pokémon appeared.

A Sentret jumped up and flew towards Jane all of a sudden. She yelped and jumped to the side, but the Sentret would still hit her with its Tackle-

Cyn was there in time. His Tackle met Sentret's and both pokémon bounced back down onto the ground.

"A battle! Against a wild pokémon? Hey, Sentret, why would you attack me like that? I'm just walking here!" Jane said, arms crossed.

The Sentret growled and took a protective pose. "Oh... Maybe we disturbed your nest or something? Sorry, we were just looking for a way around-"

Sentret attacked again, this time directly towards Cyn. Thankfully, Jane had spent some time trying to remember what she knew that she knew about fire types and Cyndaquil specifically, and written this into her PokéGear over the last minutes, and was even holding the PokéGear in her hand now. Even without it, she remembered a good move almost instantly. "Dodge, and use Smokescreen!"

Cyn just flipped itself backwards, narrowly escaping the Tackle when Sentret landed. Then, the Cyndaquil fired up its back with flames and made a black cloud of smoke spread out around them. Jane stepped back to not be enveloped by it. "Where are you? Cyn! If you can hear me, use... Use Extrasensory!"

Apparently, Cyn could see through the smoke, because the next blink of an eye, Sentret was thrown out from the smoke cloud and disappeared with a welp into the tall grass. Beaten and chased away. The smoke quickly dissipated now, and Cyn walked up to his trainer as if nothing had happened.

"That's so cool, Cyn!" Jane commended and patted him on his head. Something he didn't quite like, but wasn't going to object to. "We'll win anything with that attack!"

Jane soon realized though, that Sentret had been easy to beat just because of its low level. It had been Lv 2 while Cyn was several levels higher already. Sure, Extrasensory was a strong move, but if they would meet a pokémon of equal strength... They might have to rely on luck and skill as well as pure strength. Jane was a bit worried.

They met another Rattata, also low leveled, before they found the road again. Jane was immensely relieved; she had been afraid that they had gotten lost! But it wasn't more than a quarter of an hour's walk before they encountered another, just as impassable bush standing in their way. They would simply have to go around that as well. The grass here was even taller...

And before too long, a bird pokémon attacked them from out of nowhere. It was a Hoothoot, which Jane easily recognized. Lv 5. Cyn struggled, as Hoothoot could fly above his Smokescreen and thus not get trapped. Leer didn't seem to do much to lower the bird's defenses either. In the end, it became a game of Tackles, in which Cyn was getting awfully tired very soon.

"This isn't looking good," Jane realized. "Cyn, come on, let's flee!" She picked her pokémon up and started running - but Hoothoot was running after her! She jumped over rocks and holes in the ground, Hoothoot just flew above them. She tried changing her direction in the grass, but Hoothoot easily followed in the air. It was so close now, close with its sharp beak and claws and... Where was that road?

"Augh!" Jane stumbled on yet another rock, and this time she fell forward. Cyn flew out of her arms and tumbled into the grass beside her. Luckily, she had fallen just before Hoothoot dove for them, so the Tackle missed.

But Jane had also dropped something else. The pokéball she had found at professor Elm's laboratory! It jumped on the ground once, twice, while Jane's cyan eyes looked on. And then it opened up, and surprised the girl hugely.

A pokémon appeared, shaped like a blue ball with a tail, and immediately looked around itself to try and grasp the situation. It's name was Madeline, but of course Jane didn't know that yet. To her, it looked only like a Tympole.

Madeline saw the surprised girl in front of her, out of breath. She saw the injured pokémon beside her, a fire type without fire. And she saw the bird in the sky who with a menacing look came around to attack them again. Yeah, she gathered a good enough picture of the situation to know what to do now.

With only a flick of the large tail, Tympole bounced once, twice before it made a huge leap up in the air, shocking the bird enough to make it halt its attack for a moment. In mid-air, Tympole flashed a smile towards her opponent before she opened up her mouth and fired Bubbles at it. They hit the already weakened Hoothoot and made it flutter and fall towards the ground. But there, Cyn was waiting for it with revenge gleaming in his eyes. He hadn't gotten a good opportunity to fire up his Extrasensory in this battle yet, but now was the perfect-

Or maybe not? Hoothoot was flutteringly falling towards him. A Tackle would be enough. He didn't have to go all out every time. This would be enough. He jumped up and Tackled the bird, making it shoot down into the taller grass some ways away. Not to be heard of again. Done and done.

Jane sat up on her knees, still thankfully covered and protected by her outfit, and looked at the two pokémon before her. Cyn had no fire on his back, and he stood still but his gaze was fixed on the water pokémon that landed only a couple of meters away and soon jumped up to him.

Madeline asked if Cyn was okay. Yeah, he was okay, he said. Who was she, then? She was a pokémon who belonged to a little girl. Or at least she had liked to think that she belonged to that girl. Cyn said that he too belonged to a girl, and motioned towards Jane. His girl was a bit loco, but as good as any, he supposed. Madeline said that she was happy for him. She asked if he knew where her girl was? No, he hadn't seen her. But Johto was really strange; New Bark apparently didn't look anything like her trainer had last seen it. Maybe Tympole should just come with them for now. Madeline looked worried, but then nodded. Maybe she should just do that. For now. She wouldn't know what else to do, anyways. Okay, Cyn said. They had agreed. They were partners now, then. Okay.

Jane blinked. The two pokémon made a lot of noises for a minute and she couldn't help just sitting there and watch. It was so strange to see; she fiddled with her PokéGear to try and find some kind of recording feature. Before she could find one though, the two pokémon marched up to her and looked expectantly at her. At least Tympole did.

"You... Did you just come out from the pokeball I found?" Jane asked her. She nodded. "So are you... Like, my pokémon now?" Tympole nodded again. "Okay then! Swell! You'll be Tym!"

Tympole's smile faded a little. She already had a name, and it was Madeline... She wasn't sure if she could adapt a new one just like that. She would surely have difficulties with it, at least. She had been Madeline for so long already, so many lonely-

"Let's go!" Jane said and suddenly returned Cyn to his pokéball and lifted up Tym in her arms. Tym wasn't used to being carried this high up; her other girl was much shorter. "Cyn is a bit weak now, so he'll have to rest inside his pokéball. You'll keep me company instead, won't you?"

Madeline... No, Tym agreed. This could work. She and her partner pokémon and her new human girl. This would work.

They had only been walking for another minute or so before they found the road again. Jane almost kissed it, so happy was she. Now she hoped that no more impenetrable bushes would line their path. Alas, only half an hour of walking later, that was the case. Yet. Another. Bush. She sat down and moaned for a while, in disgruntlement. Tym watched her, slightly confused.

"We'll simply have to go around... Again," Jane said weakly and got up. The sun was still high up, so at least she wouldn't have to worry about things getting dark anytime soon.

A little walk from the road here, there was another strange bush though. Not blocking any path, but standing there in the grass nonetheless. No, it was more like a tree. On it grew two colorful fruits. "Only two?" Jane wondered as she stepped out into the tall grass to reach for them. One was blue and the other was green. She thought hard, but couldn't figure out what the green one was. The blue, however, she recognized now. And it was just what she needed!

She picked the blue berry and took out Cyn's pokéball, calling him out into her arms directly. He raised an eyebrow at her, as if wondering why she would disturb his healing process so soon. "Eat this!" Jane said and practically shoved the large berry in his face. He stopped her with his little arms, but smelled the berry carefully.

Tym jumped over to them, a bit reluctant to bounce on her own in the tall grass. She wasn't scared, but encountering another feisty wild pokémon wouldn't be optimal at the moment.

Cyn took a bite, and after only seconds, his demeanor loosened up a bit. He ate the rest of the berry quickly. Jane smiled and held him closely. "Oran berry. Healing powers, especially for pokémon! I'll have to research why and how at some point. Gotta write that down."

She let the now refreshed Cyndaquil down into the grass again, while she fiddled with her PokéGear. Tym was happy that he felt better, but Cyn was on his guard. Didn't she hear something? Hear what? Something in the tall grass... No, in the air above it? Another Hoothoot? No, this was not the sound of wings. Something else... Something was coming towards them, and Jane didn't notice.

Cyn and Tym exchanged looks. They would have to defend their trainer. On one, two, three... JUMP! Cyndaquil took off with whatever power he had in his legs, and Tym used Bounce to get up high above the tall grass and face their new opponent who was a-

"Hoppip?" Jane suddenly said, looking up in the nick of time.

A pink blob with the largest of smiles came slowly tumbling towards her in the sunlight. Tym and Cyn halted their attacks out of pure surprise that it was such a harmless looking pokémon coming towards them, and almost bumped into each other instead, before they got back down onto the ground again.

Indeed, for the first time that day, they encountered a wild pokémon who didn't look like it wanted to kill them. What would become of this?

doge

???
Years
The upstairs room, as spacious as it was, was devoid of any sort of life, fitting for the current status of New Bark. The brown walls were showing signs of peeling, only to reveal a lighter shade of brown hiding behind it. The bed, stationed near the top left corner of the room was made rather neatly and looked as if it hadn't been disturbed or used in ages. Next to it was an old computer. Even from a distance you could see the cobwebs and dust gathered on it. Wilson, curious as to what might have been on the old device, approached it.

Chikorita, feeling the urge to stretch her legs, hopped out of Wilson's arms and onto the old bed. Dust kicked up into the air as a result and Wilson, in return, sneezed. Loudly. Loud enough to scare his Chikorita into jumping off the bed and running off towards somewhere else in the room. Wilson rubbed his nose and stepped in front of the PC. He swiped away the small cobwebs that were on the edges of the screen and wiped some of the dust off of it. Looking down he saw what could only be described as a built in makeshift keyboard and a carved in section with some sort of thin contraption peeking out from the top of it beside it.

The start button was on it, he pressed it, several times. After the whatever number it was attempt, it didn't look like it was going to start. Wilson turned away for a moment to check up on Chikorita. She was having a grand time inspecting the peeled paint, almost expecting it to continue.

Beep... beep

He turned around back towards the computer which was actually starting up. Calling the process of it booting up slow, would've been an understatement. Wilson glanced back at Chikorita. Counting the paint peels would've been much more exciting.

Once the PC started up, Wilson messed around with the controls, every once and awhile getting one jammed for a moment or two. He'd been stuck in the withdraw panel for a good couple of minutes now. A few jammed keys and curses later, Wilson had come upon the option to take out a potion, which had been left in storage. It wasn't a very extravagant find but it would serve useful in the future, perhaps even soon.

"So how does this work exactly?"

Beeeeeeeeeep

The old machine croaked out the noise for quite some time, Wilson thought he'd broken it. That was until he noticed the contraption begin to emit a bright laser like light downwards. He watched in fascination as the potion manifested right in front of his eyes.

"If an old machine like this can do that, imagine what the new ones can do..." He pondered the possibilities. He would be very disappointed once he got his hands on the newer brands.

With the potion stashed into Wilson's bag, the duo was now back outside of the house. They had the choice to either keep "investigating" or get out of town now. The dirt road leading back to Route 29 was pretty much right in front of them and on the other side Wilson could see the rest of the town. He looked down at Chikorita, who was laying down on her stomach, waiting for her trainer to make a decision. Wilson wasn't feeling too decisive to say the least.

"So... what do you want to do?"

Chikorita replied in what could only be made out as a shrug. Deferring to her would not be getting them anywhere.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years

Eris Athena Komnini

"Yeah, you could say that," said the little kid, a bit harshly. "Doesn't seem to be any sort of clues here, though. I mean, you could have a better look around down here, but I don't see anythin' at a glance." He looked at the staircase. "I'll head upstairs. You can stay down here. I dunno what the hell we're meant to be looking for, though." Eris reared at his tone. Did she do something to offend him? She sensed she was going to have trouble with this punk. Hands still in his pockets, he trudged over to the fancy-looking staircase. He flicked his head back. "C'mon, Totodile." Totodile scurried off towards his trainer, leaving Dratini alone. "Dra…" Dratini weakly protested. Eris remained silent as the kid went upstairs. She looked at Dratini.​

"Lovely character, huh?" Dratini floated around with a confused expression. The young pokemon hadn't quite grasped sarcasm yet. Eris sighed, and heard some noises outside. Sticking her head out the door, she looked to see what the commotion was all about. In a larger building, a girl battled a pokemon with her own Cyndaquil. The fight was short and Cyndaquil was the victor; but before Eris could really react to anything the Girl ran out into Route 29. Eris walked towards the big building, a Lab. The lights were blinking on and off, and the whole place smelled like cleaner. The walls were lined with bookshelves, which were filled with dust and books. When the lights blinked on, she saw a girl standing with her Growlithe by a shelf. Eris curiously watched her. The lights went off, and when they came back on, she was holding a pokeball. So, the professor left Pokeballs in here? Kinda irresponsible if you ask me.

Eris approached the girl, whose Growlithe started to lowly growl a warning.

"Hey, hey, I'm a friend," Eris said, raising her hands in the air, palms open, "I'm Eris, who are you? And where'd you find that Pokeball?"

Chalifoux

Years

Hills, unexplored, they stand in the horizon.
Lonely, abandoned, secluded from the rest of the world.
Fragmenting, letting loose of their force of cohesion.
Splitting, disappearing, zeroes and ones spreading wild across the air.
The unexplored hills are now gone.

A tall man who is barely on his fifties stand in front of the ruckus. A crater stand in front of him, waiting to be overwritten.
His strong semblant and stern looks examine the surroundings. No one is around, and if they were, they're now gone...

Sugimori's job is almost done, Johto is the last objective.
The region will soon be obliberated.
Masuda and Tajiri will be happy.

cHeRrYgRoVe cItY
"A city where you can smell small flowers and a sea breeze."
Spoiler:

A small town by the southern coasts of Johto. A wide beach with few houses spread around is the sight in a nutshell. There is a Pokémon Center and a PokéMart to satisfy all of your Trainer needs, with the latter offering the below items to all travelers:

Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
Bag_Parlyz_Heal_Sprite.png
Bag_Awakening_Sprite.png

And other than that, there's a few passersby with little to no knowledge on the disappearing of New Bark's citizens. And there's an elder who will stalk everyone who enters the town from Route 29 and offer them a tour around the nothingness of Cherrygrove.

If one were to have a fishing rod or a Pokémon with Surf, then they would be able to explore further on the south of town. But none of you does, so... sucks for you. Moving on to the next landscape...

rOuTe 30
Spoiler:

Arriving at the site and past a few bodies of water. This is Route 30. The Route itself house nothing but three interesting things. Its wild Pokémon, Mr. Pokémon's House and yet another Berry Tree. Walking north and turning to the sides on several occasions, traversing the Route and its grass, you'll find a fork in the road.

Going to the right you'll find hoards of grass and as such, Pokémon. At the end of this road lies Mr. Pokémon's house...
3.1 - The Dark Days...
Another sterile environment. Soap and disinfectant claimed the air of this house as their long ago. The layout is wooden on the walls, like any other house. However, several machines, Pokéballs, and computers dot the walls and a set of cables plagues the floor. Just like before, you can take a Pokéball from here, but I can't guarantee it'll actually contain something...

A computer stands covered in dust at the other side of the house. An e-mail checked as received is displayed... It's a reply from Professor Elm... And it reads as it follows:

"Yikes! Is it another Egg? You're much of an eggy person, mister! I'm busy doing some research, but I'll send an acquaintance of mine from New Bark. It shouldn't be too hard to guess who he is. He's being followed by a Cyndaquil..."​

Going by the other road will lead to some Trainer and few grass, up to the point in which the Route connects with Route 31, it is here that you stop, partly because I haven't finished the next Route and also because I'm planning an important event of importantness. Y'know, like this one:
3.2 - A Very Important Guest...
"Hello, sir/miss", the man will begin in an according case as he walks up to you, "It is of my knowledge that you are investigating the recent happenings of Johto," his semblance, stern, his looks, odd. He is tall, slightly chubby -but not that noticeable-, round face, small eyes and a pair of glasses. One would say he looks like a nice guy of simple origins with simply, short and black-somewhat gray hair... if it wasn't for that macabre grin of his, "Is this inquiry truth?" Replying anything -even a no- will lead to the following reply, "I see. Nonetheless, I'm here to tell you, step back. This is none of your business." With such short reply he will walk away, and won't reply to you even if you follow him around, these effort will all be in vain. This man will walk towards each of you, one by one, and even though he will never say who he is, he is know in his world as Sugimori. Weird.​

Anyways, yeah, stop before the next Route so that I can post. :3​

doge

???
Years
Wilson looked over to the houses and buildings that he had yet to explore himself, unsure of what he wanted to do. He thought maybe he should go further with the mysterious voicemail's instruction but at the same time he felt a slight tug to get out of the ghost town. Humorously, he checked his leg, it definitely wasn't Chikorita.

The decision of which path to go became obvious as his eyes fell upon a window panel of a fairly large building farther into town. If his memory served him right, it was the laboratory, the famous Professor Elm's to be specific. But the building itself wasn't what caught his eyes, instead it was what he saw inside that demanded his attention. There were people inside! He wasn't quite sure who they were, they could've been the other new trainers, but to be honest it didn't matter to him.

He wasn't too keen on meeting anybody, at least if he had the choice to anyways. Besides, If they were who he thought they were, he'd end up meeting them later down the line so it wasn't a big deal if he didn't meet them now. In his mind he deduced that if they were already there, there was really no reason for him to stay and check out the other buildings, but it really was just a poor excuse to avoid a social setting.

"Hey Chikorita," he said, beckoning her to follow, "we're leaving."

Glad to be on the move again, the young grass type shot up and followed the lanky boy. They were making progress, although oddly by retracing the path they took to New Bark. Unfortunately this time, Wilson wouldn't be able to take advantage of the ledges, being for some reason nearly impossible to climb up. They would have to venture through the tall grass and shrubbery, but given his height, there would be little trouble seeing over them. The same could not be said for Chikorita, so again, she was to be held in the skinny arms of Wilson.

Each step in the tall grass was taken with caution, not to alert any of the wild or territorial pokemon nearby. It would've helped if the grass didn't make a rustling noise each time he made a move. Even without nature's cooperation, they were able to attract little attention, every so often a harmless or disinterested Sentret or Rattata would scurry along in front of them. He was beginning to ease up on the whole ninja walking thing.

Perhaps as a direct result of it, a Pidgey took notice of the teen, spotting Wilson as he walked by the mundane tree that the pokemon just so happened to be inhabiting. Had it been any other old trainer, the bird pokemon may have let him go, but this one had something that was of interest to the avian. The strange object atop the boy's head, it looked a bit like a piece of clear sky, but whatever it was, the Pidgey saw it as a perfect addition to its nest.

Wilson hadn't been paying attention to the Pidgey, in fact he didn't even notice it when he passed by. Oblivious to what was about to happen, Wilson continued on through the patch of tall grass. The Pidgey took flight, hovering slightly above while closing in on the teen. As the gap lessened, it began the descent, letting out a squawk or cry of some sort.

The cry taking him by surprise, Wilson turned back in its direction, just in time to see the bird swoop down on his head, talons about to pinch. He shut his eyes and ducked, fearing that the Pidgey was about to take out his damn eye.

To his relief, all he felt was a slight bit of weight being taken off his head. He opened his eyes again, turning to look in the direction the Pidgey's momentum would have taken it. What was that it had in it's talons... his hat!? With a shocked expression, he reached up to his head with one hand, feeling nothing but hair.

"Seriously!?"

Peeved off, Wilson took off after the Pidgey, running and stomping through the tall grass. He wasn't the only one mad about the situation either, Chikorita was not going to let any pokemon embarrass or steal from her trainer like that. In an act of her own, she reeled her head back before swinging it back forward, and sending a barrage of leaves into the air and at the fleeing culprit. Her attempt was in vain, as the leaves weren't able to ascend high enough, just dropping short of the bird's wings.

Still he wasn't going to give up, Wilson kept the chase on, following the bird in whatever zig zaggy or weird pattern it flew in to throw off the trainer. But the odds were against Wilson, the bird could fly, plus he had no idea where the hell he was going, his eyes fixated on the thief. The latter, proved to be his downfall, as before he knew it, Wilson had ran right into a tree. Luckily, Chikorita was a bit more sensible than he, and hopped out of his arms at the last moment. She landed gracefully on all fours. Wilson on the other hand, began tumbling back, eventually falling with his back as a painful and ineffective cushion. Lesson learned, you did not mess with trees.

The tall grass tickled his face as he laid on his back. He tilted his head to side, and instantly he regretted that whole chase. A pair of boots?

Well, this is embarrassing. He could feel himself turning slightly red already.

Back