Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

View Poll Results: Pokemon: Topaz version - Good? or not good?
It is awesome! Do it! 1 100.00%
It sounds pretty bland. Maybe just leave it as an idea. 0 0%
It's not even close to being good. Try again. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 12th, 2013 (9:25 AM). Edited July 12th, 2013 by kronos9.
kronos9's Avatar
kronos9 kronos9 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 56
    Hi all, now I know that I am a total newbie as I have just joined the forums, but I wanted to get this idea out there.

    I am going to use RPG Maker XP (Hopefully i'll be able to buy it soon - using trial version)

    I wanted to start this fan-made game because I had a vast imagination on what I could do. Again, this is just an idea.

    Topaz version is another game that will be in association with the line of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. (The color of the game is, or course, yellow). So, Topaz version will start in a new region known as the Osolis region. It is a fairly small region since it is only the beginning to the game. I will make it have a few new pokemon, or fakemon. Because it is a small region, there won't be as many fakemon nor will there be 8 gyms. There will only be 5 or 6 gyms. Topaz version will act in the same way as HG or SS did, where the player starts in one region, but travels to another. In Osolis there is Team Thunder (or lightning or electric, still haven't decided) and they will act in the same way Team Aqua/Magma did. The mascot legendary will be awoken and used for mass destruction, but whenever you think you have it under control, it takes off for the Hoenn region. Then you must travel there and tame it while at the same time, taming Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. (keep in mind, Osolis is fairly neighbored to Hoenn). The starting characters will be different (still working on them) and you will meet Brendan and May in Hoenn as very "masterful" trainers.

    I am deciding whether or not to make the game layout in RSE style or my own (like the bag or pokedex). I am also trying to decide if I should make the game in HGSS format, like tiles, or RSE format. Sort of 3d looking like HGSS tiles or just use the RSE tiles.

    I don't have any screenies because, again, this is just an idea.

    (Please do not take this idea whether you like it or not, as I might actually try to make this game.)

    Thanks for your time!
    -kronos9
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old July 12th, 2013 (10:38 AM).
    Radical Raptr's Avatar
    Radical Raptr Radical Raptr is offline
    #BAMFPokemonNerd
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Location: everywhere
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 1,116
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by kronos9 View Post
      Hi all, now I know that I am a total newbie as I have just joined the forums, but I wanted to get this idea out there.

      I am going to use RPG Maker XP (Hopefully i'll be able to buy it soon - using trial version)

      I wanted to start this fan-made game because I had a vast imagination on what I could do. Again, this is just an idea.

      Topaz version is another game that will be in association with the line of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. (The color of the game is, or course, yellow). So, Topaz version will start in a new region known as the Osolis region. It is a fairly small region since it is only the beginning to the game. I will make it have a few new pokemon, or fakemon. Because it is a small region, there won't be as many fakemon nor will there be 8 gyms. There will only be 5 or 6 gyms. Topaz version will act in the same way as HG or SS did, where the player starts in one region, but travels to another. In Osolis there is Team Thunder (or lightning or electric, still haven't decided) and they will act in the same way Team Aqua/Magma did. The mascot legendary will be awoken and used for mass destruction, but whenever you think you have it under control, it takes off for the Hoenn region. Then you must travel there and tame it while at the same time, taming Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. (keep in mind, Osolis is fairly neighbored to Hoenn). The starting characters will be different (still working on them) and you will meet Brendan and May in Hoenn as very "masterful" trainers.

      I am deciding whether or not to make the game layout in RSE style or my own (like the bag or pokedex). I am also trying to decide if I should make the game in HGSS format, like tiles, or RSE format. Sort of 3d looking like HGSS tiles or just use the RSE tiles.
      This is optional, but well worth including. Mention anything that will make your game stand out, and anything that you think is important to your game or is worthy of note. This includes both features that you want to include and features that you have included.
      I don't have any screenies because, again, this is just an idea.

      (Please do not take this idea whether you like it or not, as I might actually try to make this game.)

      Thanks for your time!
      -kronos9
      I like where you're going with this idea, but when you described it you mixed things up, the way yellow acted was how emerald acted, so make your game is how gold and silver acted, which you mentioned - stemming from that it actually sounds like a good idea (seeing as there are plenty of ruby-saphire-emerald remakes that dont pan out too well; yours however sounds a little more original.

      as for the legendary idea, you may want to have the new team try to take control of rayquaza, leaving the player to have to control it, but it goes to hoenn, causing a stir with groudon and kyogre, the two who subordinate to rayquza, leaving the player to have to tame them all. its just a though
      __________________

      ~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old July 12th, 2013 (4:38 PM).
      joeyhugg's Avatar
      joeyhugg joeyhugg is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 384
        I like this. I can make the Fakemon if you have concept art of exactly how you want it. PM me if you want me to make it.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old July 12th, 2013 (4:46 PM).
        kronos9's Avatar
        kronos9 kronos9 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 56
          Wow thanks for the offer, joey. I can probably send you some drawings either tomorrow or the day after, if that's not too late. And when I say not that many fakemon, I really mean not that many fakemon. They'll just be a little portion of the pokedex.

          @saving raven yeah sorry for the confusion. I mean to say the plot of the game will be similar to RSE while the structure of the game will be like HGSS. And the yellow (now like a dandelion color) part is just the main color of the game, not linking anything to the actual Yellow Version. Thanks for the feedback!
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old July 12th, 2013 (4:57 PM).
          Radical Raptr's Avatar
          Radical Raptr Radical Raptr is offline
          #BAMFPokemonNerd
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: everywhere
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 1,116
            oh I get it, still its a really cool idea
            __________________

            ~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old July 13th, 2013 (6:56 PM).
            kronos9's Avatar
            kronos9 kronos9 is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 56
              Ok, i am thinking about actually starting this game up. I made the starting town in under 20 minutes today. It's called Birchleaf Town. (I will update the map with better stuff, this is basically the outline of everything)

              Since i haven't made more than 15 posts i can't post images. SOOOO, the image is on my deviantart @ 0-rufus.deviantart.com

              The image is sort of cut off at the top, but the top is just cliffs and stuff. Take a look and how about some of dat feedback?
              Reply With Quote
                #7    
              Old July 13th, 2013 (8:17 PM).
              Radical Raptr's Avatar
              Radical Raptr Radical Raptr is offline
              #BAMFPokemonNerd
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2011
                Location: everywhere
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Sassy
                Posts: 1,116
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kronos9 View Post
                Ok, i am thinking about actually starting this game up. I made the starting town in under 20 minutes today. It's called Birchleaf Town. (I will update the map with better stuff, this is basically the outline of everything)

                Since i haven't made more than 15 posts i can't post images. SOOOO, the image is on my deviantart @ 0-rufus.deviantart.com

                The image is sort of cut off at the top, but the top is just cliffs and stuff. Take a look and how about some of dat feedback?
                REEEEEEEEEAAALLLYY empty - seems like a boring town, try filling it with decorations and maybe a house or two. The trees seem a little too box-like and more like a wall on the bottom right, maybe flesh it out a bit
                the map isnt too bad it just seems too empty and theres a lot of sand
                __________________

                ~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

                Reply With Quote
                  #8    
                Old July 13th, 2013 (9:11 PM).
                kronos9's Avatar
                kronos9 kronos9 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 56
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
                  REEEEEEEEEAAALLLYY empty - seems like a boring town, try filling it with decorations and maybe a house or two. The trees seem a little too box-like and more like a wall on the bottom right, maybe flesh it out a bit
                  the map isnt too bad it just seems too empty and theres a lot of sand
                  Ok thanks for the feedback. I took what you said and tried to amplify the whole scene (0-rufus.deviantart.com) . I think it looks fairly good, but i could probably improve more things...

                  I'll probably start to make a development thread soon, once i have around 4-5 maps and decent scripts going on.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #9    
                  Old July 13th, 2013 (9:24 PM).
                  Radical Raptr's Avatar
                  Radical Raptr Radical Raptr is offline
                  #BAMFPokemonNerd
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                    Location: everywhere
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Sassy
                    Posts: 1,116
                    wow, much better! I really like this one, the only thing that still throws me is why are there 3 of thise things lined up in a diagonal line?
                    __________________

                    ~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

                    Reply With Quote
                      #10    
                    Old July 13th, 2013 (9:32 PM).
                    kronos9's Avatar
                    kronos9 kronos9 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 56
                      ^--- Oh yeah those windmill things.. i don't know, just put them there for no reason. xD
                      I'll probably change them to some shrubs or rocks.. or shrubs with rocks, or just leave it empty.. Thanks for the feedback though :D

                      So obviously, i have chosen the HGSS style of tileset. It might be hard to redo most of Hoenn in that tileset... We'll see what happens! :D
                      Reply With Quote
                        #11    
                      Old July 14th, 2013 (6:07 PM).
                      joeyhugg's Avatar
                      joeyhugg joeyhugg is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 384
                        Can you draw the Pokemon out better? It has to look EXACTLY like it will in-game. For instance, I made this starter for Pokemon: Soulless Version.

                        Spoiler:
                        Before:
                        After:
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply
                        Quick Reply

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:19 AM.