• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Neo Revelation Cards

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey everyone. :) Don convinced me to make a thread about my two trouble cards lol.

Okay, so here's my issue. I've got two cards from the Neo Revelation expansion, a Japanese Aerodactyl and Japanese Kingdra.

Spoiler:

Only my cards are holographic. Which, in my opinion, is pretty cool. Only after I completed my Neo Revelations collection, I noticed that these cards only exist in Rare in this set. Not holographic. So my first instinct was to do a bit of research to try to find where these cards came from and, as of yet, I haven't found anything.

I did however find them on Ebay. Problem is, I'm not really looking for how much they're worth and the seller of the cards had no information listed beyond "Neo Revelations Kingdra / Aerodactyl". I'm thinking these specific cards were released in holofoil in Japan only, as all of the examples I've found have exclusively been in Japanese. But, again, I'm only speculating.

There are no outstanding markings on the cards and appear to be, in my opinion, like every other Japanese Kingdra/Aerodactyl out there, save the holofoil.

So I'd like a bit of help in identifying where these cards came from. Anyone else have a holographic version of these cards or know under what conditions they were released? I'll update this with the pics of the actual cards soon. I just got lazy. :p

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh awesome. Looks like they (among a few others) were released in Japan under the Awakened Legends set. I only collected Japanese versions of earlier cards, so I didn't even know the Neo sets deviated! xD

Thanks! :)

Years
That's ok :-) japanese cards look better I think but mostly I have english ones. I wonder what else is non-holo in english and holo in japanese? I'll have a look around sometime...

Back