The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Play Together Battling & Team Building
Moveset Help & Other Questions

Battling & Team Building The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old September 3rd, 2013 (11:09 AM).
TheBlindedAdventurer's Avatar
TheBlindedAdventurer TheBlindedAdventurer is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 7
    I just evolved a Gligar in White 2. Assuming I have plenty of Heart Scales, and taking into account the defensive stats and typing of Gliscor, and that I want to make use of its Sand Veil ability (boosts evasiveness in a sandstorm) what moveset should it have?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #52    
    Old September 3rd, 2013 (11:37 AM).
    PlatinumDude's Avatar
    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
    Nyeh?
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Canada
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 12,806
    Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
    Just saying, Sand Veil is banned in OU. Gliscor is most commonly seen using Poison Heal to benefit from Poison (Immunity Gligar can be obtained from the Route 23 Hidden Grotto, but it's hard to find) But if you want to make the most of it in Sandstorm, try this:
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobatics
    -Substitute/Rock Polish
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Flying Gem
    Ability: Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil
    __________________

      #53    
    Old September 3rd, 2013 (11:57 AM).
    ShiningLust's Avatar
    ShiningLust ShiningLust is offline
    Gym Leader of Ground Oden
       
      Join Date: Jun 2013
      Location: Baytown,Tx
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 149
      well ya that's all good cuz I run one of those in my Ground/Rock team
      the move set I use is a

      Ice Fang
      Sub
      Protect
      Earthquake
      Ability: Poison Heal
      Item: Toxic Orb
      __________________

      Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
      Pokemon White 2
      Trainer Name: Oden
      Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
      3DS Friend Name: Oden
      3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
        #54    
      Old September 3rd, 2013 (6:28 PM).
      cbd98's Avatar
      cbd98 cbd98 is offline
      A bouquet of oopsie dasies
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Location: In your closet :D
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 333
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TheBlindedAdventurer View Post
        I just evolved a Gligar in White 2. Assuming I have plenty of Heart Scales, and taking into account the defensive stats and typing of Gliscor, and that I want to make use of its Sand Veil ability (boosts evasiveness in a sandstorm) what moveset should it have?
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
        Just saying, Sand Veil is banned in OU. Gliscor is most commonly seen using Poison Heal to benefit from Poison (Immunity Gligar can be obtained from the Route 23 Hidden Grotto, but it's hard to find) But if you want to make the most of it in Sandstorm, try this:
        -Swords Dance
        -Earthquake
        -Acrobatics
        -Substitute/Rock Polish
        Nature: Adamant
        EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
        Item: Flying Gem
        Ability: Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil
        If it's being used in-game and not on a Smogon server, shouldn't it be fine to use Sand Veil?
        __________________
        White FC: 0090-4467-9042

        Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

        We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

        Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
          #55    
        Old September 3rd, 2013 (6:37 PM). Edited September 4th, 2013 by PlatinumDude.
        PlatinumDude's Avatar
        PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
        Nyeh?
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Canada
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 12,806
        Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by cbd98 View Post
        If it's being used in-game and not on a Smogon server, shouldn't it be fine to use Sand Veil?
        Yup. There's nothing wrong with using Sand Veil in Wi-Fi, but I still think Hyper Cutter is the preferred ability to prevent Attack loss to Intimidate.
        __________________

          #56    
        Old September 4th, 2013 (3:50 AM).
        KorpiklaaniVodka's Avatar
        KorpiklaaniVodka KorpiklaaniVodka is offline
        KID BUU PAWAA
           
          Join Date: Jul 2013
          Location: Eastern Europe
          Age: 18
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 3,328
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TheBlindedAdventurer View Post
          I just evolved a Gligar in White 2. Assuming I have plenty of Heart Scales, and taking into account the defensive stats and typing of Gliscor, and that I want to make use of its Sand Veil ability (boosts evasiveness in a sandstorm) what moveset should it have?
          If you're using this in-game, try Swords Dance, Acrobatics, Earthquake and Substitute, and give it a Flying Gem.
          __________________
          PokeCheats | Serebii | AMA | Rock-type Club | Legendary Club #Respect4Rhyperior #Respect4Garbodor #Respect4Tangrowth #FreeGenesect2016 #FreeHoopa-U2016
            #57    
          Old September 4th, 2013 (1:06 PM).
          Juxapose's Avatar
          Juxapose Juxapose is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2013
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 305
            Simple question: How do I cover a Pokemon's stat weakness?

            Example: Gardevoir has low speed, so I need to make it a defensive build. But it has too low defense to be a defensive build. Low defense and speed makes this Pokemon easy to KO by an experienced opponent.

            Any suggestions would be appreciated.

            PS: Gardevoir is only an example, I don't need a build for Gardevoir specifically since that won't help me with other Pokemon with a similar weak point.
            __________________
              #58    
            Old September 4th, 2013 (2:33 PM).
            PlatinumDude's Avatar
            PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
            Nyeh?
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Canada
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 12,806
            Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
            Simple question: How do I cover a Pokemon's stat weakness?

            Example: Gardevoir has low speed, so I need to make it a defensive build. But it has too low defense to be a defensive build. Low defense and speed makes this Pokemon easy to KO by an experienced opponent.

            Any suggestions would be appreciated.

            PS: Gardevoir is only an example, I don't need a build for Gardevoir specifically since that won't help me with other Pokemon with a similar weak point.
            Gardevoir is capable of learning Will-o-Wisp to compensate for its low Defense. 80 Speed is actually very good for a wall and you seem to have forgotten that Gardevoir also has 115 Special Defense:
            -Psychic
            -Will-o-Wisp
            -Wish/Pain Split
            -Protect/Heal Bell
            Nature: Calm
            EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
            Item: Leftovers
            Ability: Trace
            __________________

              #59    
            Old September 4th, 2013 (5:11 PM).
            Juxapose's Avatar
            Juxapose Juxapose is offline
               
              Join Date: Aug 2013
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 305
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
              Gardevoir is capable of learning Will-o-Wisp to compensate for its low Defense. 80 Speed is actually very good for a wall and you seem to have forgotten that Gardevoir also has 115 Special Defense:
              -Psychic
              -Will-o-Wisp
              -Wish/Pain Split
              -Protect/Heal Bell
              Nature: Calm
              EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
              Item: Leftovers
              Ability: Trace
              1. This build only applies to Gardevoir. This doesn't help the other 300+ pokemon that has similar problem.

              2. 80 speed is good, but compared to other speed built sweepers, they can KO Gardevoir before it can get Will-O-Wisp off. I should know, I laugh at Gardevoir with my Uber speed trained Weavile. Without defence, Gardevoir is a sitting duck for sweepers.

              3. I already took 115 special defense into account. But any experienced player would not attack Gardevoir with a special move. Physical Bug/Dark/Ghost move can wipe a Gardevoir easily. Not to mention that it only has 68 HP rate, so Gardevoir can't take hits like Blissey, Metagross, or even Lapras.
              __________________
                #60    
              Old September 4th, 2013 (5:17 PM).
              Zeffy's Avatar
              Zeffy Zeffy is offline
              bowties are cool
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Apr 2009
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 6,325
              There's nothing you can do to compensate with "stat weakness" per se. There's a reason you're making a team (unless you're doing 1v1). Let your Pokemon cover each other's weaknesses - i.e. Gardevoir's low Defense stat can be covered by another Pokemon like Skarmory or any other defensively inclined Pokemon.

              You want to build a set that underlines a Pokemon's strongest point. When you have a team where each Pokemon covers each other's weak point, then you have a pretty solid team right there. It's about team work, after all.
              __________________
                #61    
              Old September 4th, 2013 (6:02 PM).
              PlatinumDude's Avatar
              PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
              Nyeh?
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: Canada
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 12,806
              Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
              1. This build only applies to Gardevoir. This doesn't help the other 300+ pokemon that has similar problem.

              2. 80 speed is good, but compared to other speed built sweepers, they can KO Gardevoir before it can get Will-O-Wisp off. I should know, I laugh at Gardevoir with my Uber speed trained Weavile. Without defence, Gardevoir is a sitting duck for sweepers.

              3. I already took 115 special defense into account. But any experienced player would not attack Gardevoir with a special move. Physical Bug/Dark/Ghost move can wipe a Gardevoir easily. Not to mention that it only has 68 HP rate, so Gardevoir can't take hits like Blissey, Metagross, or even Lapras.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
              There's nothing you can do to compensate with "stat weakness" per se. There's a reason you're making a team (unless you're doing 1v1). Let your Pokemon cover each other's weaknesses - i.e. Gardevoir's low Defense stat can be covered by another Pokemon like Skarmory or any other defensively inclined Pokemon.

              You want to build a set that underlines a Pokemon's strongest point. When you have a team where each Pokemon covers each other's weak point, then you have a pretty solid team right there. It's about team work, after all.
              To add, to what Zeffy said and to give you another example, Scizor uses Bullet Punch to not only ignore its low Speed, but to also pave the way for other Pokemon who appreciate the elimination of Pokemon like [email protected], Reuniclus and Alakazam.

              Pokemon that work particularly well with this Gardevoir include bulky Fighting Pokemon like Hariyama and Poliwrath; they can easily deal with Pursuit users like Absol. Like Zeffy said, physically defensive Pokemon work with Gardevoir as well. If you see a physically offensive Pokemon, now's a good time to get Gardevoir out of the battle, unless the opponent is carrying Pursuit.
              __________________

                #62    
              Old September 5th, 2013 (12:18 PM).
              AvocadoChris22's Avatar
              AvocadoChris22 AvocadoChris22 is offline
              An fresh Avocado!
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2013
                Location: Sweden
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 7
                Hi all of you.
                I trying to figure it out of my first Uber Pokémon. It's Lugia in it's Shiny form.
                It got a pretty ok Nature Timid for it so i decided to EV train both SPA and HP because it have Natural Def and SPdef. It carry Eveolite as it item just to increase it's defense and ti's ability it's Pressure.
                Now it's move pool to pic it's any suggested movepool set from you guy can help me.

                My idea of a movepool set
                Ice Beam
                Psyshock
                Reflect
                Recover

                or

                Aeroblast
                Surf
                Substitue
                Recover

                Any more suggestions from the community of moveset that not from Smogon. Just want something more Creative Idea and trying it out on Pokemonshowdown.
                __________________
                  #63    
                Old September 5th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
                PlatinumDude's Avatar
                PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                Nyeh?
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: Canada
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Hasty
                Posts: 12,806
                Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AvocadoChris22 View Post
                Hi all of you.
                I trying to figure it out of my first Uber Pokémon. It's Lugia in it's Shiny form.
                It got a pretty ok Nature Timid for it so i decided to EV train both SPA and HP because it have Natural Def and SPdef. It carry Eveolite as it item just to increase it's defense and ti's ability it's Pressure.
                Now it's move pool to pic it's any suggested movepool set from you guy can help me.

                My idea of a movepool set
                Ice Beam
                Psyshock
                Reflect
                Recover

                or

                Aeroblast
                Surf
                Substitue
                Recover

                Any more suggestions from the community of moveset that not from Smogon. Just want something more Creative Idea and trying it out on Pokemonshowdown.
                I'm afraid that Lugia is just too weak to pull off an offensive set by Uber standards, though it can use Calm Mind to compensate:
                -Calm Mind
                -Ice Beam
                -Thunder/Whirlwind
                -Roost
                Nature: Timid
                EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
                Item: Leftovers

                This set works best in teams that can stack together a bunch of hazards on the opponent's field (take note that it's not used in Smogon often):
                -Rest
                -Sleep Talk
                -Whirlwind
                -Dragon Tail
                Nature: Impish
                EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
                Item: Leftovers
                __________________

                  #64    
                Old September 5th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
                AvocadoChris22's Avatar
                AvocadoChris22 AvocadoChris22 is offline
                An fresh Avocado!
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2013
                  Location: Sweden
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 7
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                  I'm afraid that Lugia is just too weak to pull off an offensive set by Uber standards, though it can use Calm Mind to compensate:
                  -Calm Mind
                  -Ice Beam
                  -Thunder/Whirlwind
                  -Roost
                  Nature: Timid
                  EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
                  Item: Leftovers

                  This set works best in teams that can stack together a bunch of hazards on the opponent's field (take note that it's not used in Smogon often):
                  -Rest
                  -Sleep Talk
                  -Whirlwind
                  -Dragon Tail
                  Nature: Impish
                  EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
                  Item: Leftovers
                  Yeah thanks for mention that but i still got some idea that make maybe be more Threatening but need information in the Uber Tier that can be utility support. Still haven't build an Uber team yet.
                  Thanks for movepool suggestions.
                  __________________
                    #65    
                  Old September 10th, 2013 (3:59 AM).
                  Juxapose's Avatar
                  Juxapose Juxapose is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 305
                    Can a Vaporeon tank?

                    Reason why I ask is because in Wifi battle, I hit a Vaporeon with 2 Physical sweepers, 1 of them Super effective, and that Vaporeon survived both attacks with plenty of HP to spare. Not to mention it 1 hit KO both Pokemon suggesting that it has unusually high special attack for a tank build.

                    I also checked Vaporeon's stats. Even though it has high HP, it doesn't have the defense to back up that health. Anyone has any idea what happened?
                    __________________
                      #66    
                    Old September 10th, 2013 (4:09 AM).
                    Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                      Posts: 1,255
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
                      Can a Vaporeon tank?

                      Reason why I ask is because in Wifi battle, I hit a Vaporeon with 2 Physical sweepers, 1 of them Super effective, and that Vaporeon survived both attacks with plenty of HP to spare. Not to mention it 1 hit KO both Pokemon suggesting that it has unusually high special attack for a tank build.

                      I also checked Vaporeon's stats. Even though it has high HP, it doesn't have the defense to back up that health. Anyone has any idea what happened?
                      It has high HP and it can utilize 'Hydration Tank' 'Hydration Wall' and 'Trick Room Tank'.
                      A Bold Vaporeon can reach 240 Def, with 31 IV/252 EV in Defense,
                      while a Calm Vaporeon can reach 317 Sp. Def, with 31 IV/252 EV in S. Defense.

                      My suspect is his EV spread were trained for Defense and Sp. Attack mainly or might be with a bit EV in HP as well.
                        #67    
                      Old September 10th, 2013 (6:34 AM).
                      PlatinumDude's Avatar
                      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                      Nyeh?
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2010
                      Location: Canada
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 12,806
                      Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
                      Can a Vaporeon tank?

                      Reason why I ask is because in Wifi battle, I hit a Vaporeon with 2 Physical sweepers, 1 of them Super effective, and that Vaporeon survived both attacks with plenty of HP to spare. Not to mention it 1 hit KO both Pokemon suggesting that it has unusually high special attack for a tank build.

                      I also checked Vaporeon's stats. Even though it has high HP, it doesn't have the defense to back up that health. Anyone has any idea what happened?
                      To add to what Fiery Dash said, Vaporeon has investment in its Defense alongside its HP to compensate for its low physical Defense, in a similar vein to Blissey in the past. This lets it take weak to moderately powered physical hits.
                      __________________

                        #68    
                      Old September 17th, 2013 (3:23 AM).
                      Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Posts: 1,255
                        I have a Hydreigon, Timid 31 IVs on S.A and Spe, naturally 252 on the aforementioned stats.
                        I'm having trouble to decide which moves to make him learn, I'm using him for Subway and PWT as Sp. Sweeper.
                        Held Item: usually Life Orb, CSpecs sometimes hate the move for getting locked.

                        Moveset:
                        Dark Pulse
                        Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
                        Flamethrower/Fire Blast
                        Surf

                        *red moves indicate moves that are undecided.

                        What are his best partners for Subway/PWT (Single, normal battle)?
                          #69    
                        Old September 17th, 2013 (3:48 AM).
                        Opposite Day's Avatar
                        Opposite Day Opposite Day is offline
                        too old for name changes
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                          Location: ∞Rain town, Norway
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 974
                          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
                          I have a Hydreigon, Timid 31 IVs on S.A and Spe, naturally 252 on the aforementioned stats.
                          I'm having trouble to decide which moves to make him learn, I'm using him for Subway and PWT as Sp. Sweeper.
                          Held Item: usually Life Orb, CSpecs sometimes hate the move for getting locked.

                          Hydreigon @ Life Orb
                          Timid 252 SpA / 4 ??? / 252 Spe
                          ~ Draco Meteor
                          ~ Fire Blast
                          ~ Surf/Focus Blast
                          ~ Roost/Dark Pulse

                          *red moves indicate moves that are undecided.

                          What are his best partners for Subway/PWT (Single, normal battle)?
                          Suggestions in bold.

                          If you are planning on just using it as a special sweeper I'd recommend replacing either Dark Pulse or Surf with Roost, so that you can heal off the damage that you take from LO etc. Besides, if it is meant to be used in-game it would probably also give you more opportunities to use it. Forgoing Surf leaves you walled by Heatran and Tyranitar, whereas forgoing Dark Pulse doesn't cause you to lose any coverage, so I'd probably use Roost over that. OR you could run Focus Blast (Miss) over Surf, just using a 4 attack set to decimate whatever is in your way. Your choice.

                          Personally, the only problem I've had with using Hydreigon is its middling speed. You could run a double dragon strategy with Latios/Latias if that is allowed given the strange rules ingame follows, as they are the fastest dragon and they benefit from one another - Lati can take on the fighters that cuts the Hydras fun short, and in return Hydreigon absorbs dark-type moves thrown its way.


                          Latios @ Leftovers / Life Orb
                          Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                          ~ Calm Mind
                          ~ Dragon Pulse
                          ~ Surf
                          ~ Roost / Psyshock


                          Finally, defensively this leaves you weak to opposing dragon-spam (although tbh they probably wouldn't get to set up if you keep up the pressure), you could run something like Scizor to tank Ice/Dragon/Bug moves thrown your way, with its powerful BP to check things that get out of hand, or maybe something like SD Lucario might work, as its typing and coverage allows it to take on practically everything depending on the set. Good luck!

                          Lucario @ Life Orb
                          Adamant 252 Att / 4 Def/ 252 Spe
                          ~ Swords Dance
                          ~ Close Combat
                          ~ Extremespeed
                          ~ Bullet Punch/Ice Punch

                          BP in the last slot provides you a bit of insurance against Gengar as well, who otherwise ties with and threatens all of your team.

                          Try it out and see if it works - if it doesn't, we'll work something better out!
                            #70    
                          Old September 17th, 2013 (6:42 AM).
                          PlatinumDude's Avatar
                          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                          Nyeh?
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Location: Canada
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 12,806
                          Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
                          To add to Opposite Day's post, I don't think Surf lets Hydreigon accomplish much, besides in-game utility. Besides Roost and Dark Pulse, you can consider U-turn to let Hydreigon escape from unfavorable matchups.
                          __________________

                            #71    
                          Old September 17th, 2013 (8:11 AM).
                          Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2008
                            Posts: 1,255
                            So basically Focus Blast is a better option then Surf? :O
                            I don't know, because when I use moves that has 80% or below Acc, tend to miss a lot in Battle Facilities (including PWT) but funnily not when using in-game or battling with others real life players, it's not like I'm saying the suggestion is bad... I'm just concerned of... If there is a more secure option.
                              #72    
                            Old September 17th, 2013 (8:18 AM).
                            colours's Avatar
                            colours colours is offline
                            • Platinum Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2005
                            Gender: Female
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 28,710
                            Unfortunately, that's part of the risk/reward that you're kinda stuck with. There's not much I can already add that's already been said, but I will say this: keep in mind that Hydreigon's purpose is to deal as much damage as possible and to cover as many Pokemon as it can with its versatile movepool. That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with the changes the Oppo has made. I am indifferent about Surf, as I feel that I cannot completely trust focus blast to take down Heatran if you forgo it. Fire types might also be a problem, but then again, I believe a neutral draco meteor does more damage than a supereffective surf, but this is just a guess.

                            And honestly, I completely understand your concern! But understand that this applies to just about every single move that doesn't have 100% accuracy; there's always that nail-biting chance that they're just going to miss, but they're useful moves anyway, and you're just going to have to take that risk. Of course, your other option is to run Superpower over Focus Blast, but seeing as this is Specially Offensive Hydreigon and not mixed, this leaves you with not much coverage over other dark/steel/rock types other than aforementioned FB.
                            __________________
                            infinite colours

                            we're living limitless

                              #73    
                            Old September 17th, 2013 (8:39 AM).
                            Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2008
                              Posts: 1,255
                              Can HP Fighting replace Focus Blast? Or even Earth Power?

                              I can risk using Focus Blast at other competitive players...
                              I don't know if it's me, something's odd with these Batttle Facilities...
                                #74    
                              Old September 17th, 2013 (10:20 AM).
                              colours's Avatar
                              colours colours is offline
                              • Platinum Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2005
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 28,710
                              I suppose you could, but you're not really destroying anything supereffectively with an HP Fighting from Hydreigon. Earth Power is a...half-decent choice I guess. But where would you even fit it? In place of Surf or..? I agree that it could be a good way to surprise Heatran as well as other Rock and Steel types, but FB is vastly preferred due to its power.
                              __________________
                              infinite colours

                              we're living limitless

                                #75    
                              Old September 17th, 2013 (11:55 AM).
                              SnowpointQuincy's Avatar
                              SnowpointQuincy SnowpointQuincy is offline
                              Seeker of FRIEND CODES
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: Texas
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 1,284
                                I want to make a Chlorophyll Venusaur, but I never use Hidden Power, so what should I put there instead?

                                @Life Orb
                                Growth
                                Sleep Powder
                                Giga Drain
                                Sludge Bomb / Earthquake
                                __________________
                                Closed Thread
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:20 AM.