• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fate/of a Nation (M) [IC]

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
[SIZE="+5"]
F
A
T
E

O
F

A

N
A
T
I
O
N​
[/size]

-- [/FATE] --
Generations ago the bordering lands of Prometheus and Pandora found themselves warring for power and territory using both normal men and women as well as powerful sorcerers as soldiers. The land was scorched and bodies littered the battlefields but in the end it appeared as though Prometheus would be victorious. Pandora had in their possession something that could change this though – an ancient artefact, now known as Pandora's Box – that could lay powerful and destructive curses upon the world. In the final days of the Great War between the two nations Pandora unleashed the power of the artefact and decimated the forces of Prometheus and taking much of their territory. Amidst the destruction Pandora's Box was somehow lost.

In the present day (of the RP) it has been twenty years since archaeologists from Prometheus discovered an ornate gold box containing an enormous power. The dangerous weapon used in the Great War, Pandora's Box had been found. In the current age of Prometheus there are seven distinct states each of which with a state government vying for full control of Prometheus. To prevent civil wars from erupting a tournament is held every five years in which a representative sorcerer from each of the seven states competes to win guardianship of Pandora's Box and bring their government into power.

Prometheus couldn't keep these tournaments a secret from neighbouring Pandora forever though and in secret, behind the safety of their borders, Pandora are beginning to enact plans to retrieve their most prized weapon.​

-- [/NATIONS] --
Prometheus
Prometheus shares its borders to the north-east with the rival nation of Pandora. Prometheus was once ruled by a king but has long since abandoned the monarchy system (although descendents of the former royal family are still alive) in favour of a strange form of democracy.
Prometheus is split into seven states (also known as regions or realms) known as Flagrora, Undaea, Tellua, Caelus, Fulmia, Vatica and Alchion. Each of these regions is run by an elected parliament but the government of the region who wins the Arbitrium, the tournament for Pandora's Box every five years, will become the supreme government over the other regions of Prometheus. Flagrora is the current capital of Prometheus.​

Pandora
Pandora is a large country ruled by a monarchy, although the king or queen is supported and advised by governors they appoint to the various states below them. Pandora has a long history of warring with the surrounding nations but in more recent years they have become less volatile. They have always had a rocky relationship with Prometheus, especially since they discovered that the neighbouring nation is in possession of Pandora's Box. Unbeknownst to Prometheus, Pandora are preparing to sabotage the Arbitrium.​

-- [/ARBITRIUM] --
The Arbitrium is the name of the tournament for Pandora's Box. It is hosted by the winning region of the previous tournament and is set in a specific area. The rules of the Arbitrium are as follows

1. Each region is to send one representative to compete.
  2. The goal is to "kill" the servants of other sorcerers. You may use as much force as you believe is required - there is no rule against killing other sorcerers but many frown upon this practice in the modern day.
  3. You can form alliances but in the end only one region can win.
  4. The tournament is arbitrated by a council of seven, one judge from each region.
  5. The winner shall be granted one "wish" by the new government.

-- [/SETTINGS: GAMEPLAY;] --
Fate of a Nation is set in an alternate world to our own Earth (on a planet called Titanis) in a time period similar to our own. This means that as well as magic sorcerers will also have access to melee weapons and firearms (but limited ammunition) – as a general rule characters will have bullet proof vests above or below their clothing. The alternate setting also means that whatever servant you come up with will become a piece of the worlds history (but you may base them on existing mythology or history).

The actual setting of this role play is a large battlefield including a forest, a mountain and the disjointed ruins of an ancient civilisation found in the region of Flagrora.
Fate of a Nation is a sandbox RP that will have the story steered on by events posted by GMs. In between these story events there will be two layers of conflict to consider
  1. The Arbitrium itself.
  2. The Pandorian soldiers and sorcerers sent to sabotage the tournament and locate and steal Pandora's Box.

This leaves matters of conflict and alliances up to each player individually although there will be no knowledge of Pandora's involvement until later on in the RP.​

-- [/RULES] --
  1. GM word is law.
  2. Follow all forum rules.
  3. Do not god mod and do not bunny without permission.
  4. Create unimportant NPC characters at will, but only once the GMs announce Pandora's involvement.
  5. This RP has an M rating. Don't abuse this and don't go any further than that.
  6. Be polite and respectful to your fellow RPers when OOC.

-- [/PLAYERS] --

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Arbitrium
Avant Ayers
Berserker Class: Cerberus

The smell of seawater lingered in the air as Avant sat watching out into the horizon. The sapphire tinted sky was clear, and the sun's rays were plentiful. It didn't seem like he was in a battle to the death known as the Arbitrium. Berserker lowered one his heads down to Avant's height, and gave a playful growl. "So, how do you think you will fair up against the others, Berserker?" Berserker looked at Avant and gave a slight roar from each of its heads, one of which was getting excited. "I forgot...you don't talk much. But you do seem to be ready to get dirty." Avant pet one his heads, and continued to look out from the edge of a small cliff. Down below, the waves crashed to the side of the cliff, but it didn't seem like to big of a drop.

"I think we need to plan something out Berserker. Last thing I want is for a miscalculation on my part." Avant was a cautious person, and wanted to make sure that he could ensure his own survival. If it came down to it...Would I be kill someone? He started to think of various situations which would cause him to possibly take someone's life. I could always just get Berserker to do it for me...after all, he's just a Servant. But I can't win this alone. If I could possibly find someone and make an alliance for the time being, then I could be okay. "Hey, Berserker, how would you feel about joining up with someone?" Berserker turned his head to Avant and growled lightly. "I guess you seem okay with that idea. But...I think to be on the safe side, if we do run into anyone, we should scope them out first. You know, ask a few questions, hide in the bushes and stalk them or something. You never know, some crazy people are always in this tournament." Berserker nodded his heads in agreement.

"Alrighty then. It's settled. We'll go find an ally." Avant continued to sit and watch the horizon, looking at the waves rolling in towards the island. "But I want to sit around here some more. Hope you don't mind." Berserker growled once again, turning around to make sure nobody was watching or coming near.

Years

Raina Sabbadin

Servant: Desdemona (Caster)​

Raina stood on the edge of the roof of a ruined stone tower. She was watching for signs of her competition in the Arbitrium, although she would have preferred to be searching more actively. In fact, the only reason she was being so still was because her servant for the competition - who she had discovered was actually the fabled sorceress Desdemona (although she was rather shocked to find the legendary woman in the body of a raven).

The servant in question was flying in wide circles above Raina, using her powerful bird eyes to scan for any sign of the competition whilst appearing all the while to be an ordinary bird.
"I can't see anything from up here anyway..." the young sorceress sighed to herself as she began to pace up and down the buildings roof, avoiding the many holes she could easily fall down.
"Will someone just show up already!"
Be patient. They will come eventually, and then we will have the advantage of surprise. an elegant and powerful voice said inside Raina's head. She wasn't used to being communicated to in such away, but she was aware that it would probably come in handy... she had no intention of being patient much longer though.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Gothax Ryegar​

Servant : Jason(Seeker)​
Gothax was walking slowly into what he considered as the battlefield, his servant along him. He had just arrived into the Arbitrium and much to his dismay, there were no actual signs of his opponents. To be truly honest, he was quite happy at the thought of fighting the best of the best. Of course, he knew it would be very hard to come as a supreme winner in this competition but he was confident in his strength and of course in Jason's strength as well. There was no way they could get defeated. "Ready for battle dear servant?", he asked to Jason. Even if he already knew the answer, he couldn't help but smile when he heard his servant. "I am always ready master." There was no way to find such a servant as Jason and combined to his magic and intelligence, they would be unbeatable. Still, he knew to do better but to rush to battle like a fool. No, he was going to patiently wait for his opponents. Soon, they will grow tired of waiting and he would take profit of it. He would exploit the mere weakness they could show and use it at his advantage. He stopped under a tree, the breeze was warm and he found protection to the rays of the sun. "Let's stay here for a while Jason, we're not in a hurry anyways", he said with a cocky smile. Things would be easy there. At least that's what he imagined.

Years

Raina Sabbadin

Raina had been waiting for what felt like an eternity and yet she had only managed to spot a two other competitors in the Arbitrium. Desdemona who was still circling above her was not having much better luck, the thick trees surrounding their battle ground made it difficult even her her powerful eyes to locate any more of the duo's prey.
I'm so bored... At this point Raina was even considering letting of explosions in the sky above her just to attract some competition, her servant seemed far more content to simply circle above her... but Raina couldn't take it any more.
"Patience is a virtue child, they will come to us eventually." the telepathic voice of the sorceress echoed in Raina's head.
"I'm not a child! And patience may be a virtue but that doesn't mean it is one of mine. I'm tired of sitting still like this, which one should we attack?
"That one, I assume is Beserker. This time around another servant who is not human, or at least one who is no longer human perhaps. Although from here I would guess that Beserker is perhaps Cerberus, his appearance seems to be that of a similar creature anyway. The point being that they will not necessarily expect a human as the other one will. If me must attack we should go for those ones.
"Agreed" Raina said aloud as Caster was now perched upon her shoulder.

The pair descended from the ruined tower and began to head towards their victims, Desdemona returning to the sky for the sake of being able to launch a surprise attack.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Avant Ayers
Berserker Class: Cerberus

"Alright Berserker, let's get out of here." Avant stretched out his arms and stood up form the cliff he was on. "Hopefully we'll run into someone who's nice." Berserker just growled playfully. "Speaking of which, just let out a growl if you smell or hear anything strange, okay?" His Servant nodded with all three heads. and they started to walk away from the ledge and into the island's forest area. While they walked, Avant was preparing himself mentally for anything that come up during the tournament. It's possible that there will be lots of blood...I have to make sure I can stomach whatever comes up. He looked at Berserker. I've never actually seen him fight yet, but by the looks of those jaws, I'm fairly certain he could make mince meat out of anything. Hell, it even looks like he could snap one of these trees like a twig. Avant jumped down a small hill where a tree had fallen down. It blocked his path, so he jumped over, and looked back to see Berserker just trample it with his feet as he passed over. "Berserker, try not to make that much noise." It growled playfully once again. Avant was an extremely cautious person, and honestly, he was starting to think whether Berserker was the best Servant for him. Big, bulky, not exactly the best at hiding. Only thing Avant could think of in favour for him, would be his strength.

Grrrr... Berserker's eyes suddenly went slightly rabid-like, as his mouth grinned to show his massive teeth. "Hey, what's wrong? Is someone here?" Avant looked around as they continued to walk. He continued to growl in a more vicious tone, as the heads on the side were looking around for something. If someone is here, I have to make sure it doesn't look like I know they're on to me. Play it safe...play it safe..."Berserker, don't do anything unless I say so..." He whispered, as they continued to walk through the leafy floors of the forest.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Aidan Fielding & Lancer (Achilles)

"We better get this over with quick..." Aidan gave a slight growl as he tread through the mud. He had just arrived in the Arbitrium and already he was getting covered in grit and grime. "Hehehe, Oh Aidan stop being such a little girl." Lancer said in a sing-song voice as she danced around in the mud.

"Oh shut up you fool... You still don't know who you're talking to do you?" Aidan stopped and turned around to the ditsy girl who was now making mud balls. "I am master of, Undaea. I have the whole region in the palms of my hand. So mind your manners, Lancer." He gave a smirk to the annoyed servant standing before him. "Hmph!" She started to pout. "I told you to call me by my name! I don't want to be called some stupid class name."

"You're supposed to be the greatest warrior of all time." He gave her an angry look. "I expect more out of my servant... So don't give me this sh*t." Aidan kept on his trudge up the mountain. "Fine! I'll just play in the mud then! Have fun getting killed out there... "Master of Undaea" Achilles then procedeed to stick out her tounge and blow a raspberry at him.

"My patience is growing thin... Achilles" Aidan glared at the girl as she squeeled in delight. "You're too kind, Master!" She added a slight wink at the end of her sarcastic jab. "Little piece of sh*t..." Aidan glared at the grinning Lancer. "Hurry up, before I leave you."

____________________________________​

"Woaaah!!!" Childish excitement oozed from the teenage girl. "It's sooo pretty!!!" She squeels and runs around to enjoy different points of view. The two had made their way to the top of the mountain and now trying to scout out where the other contestants where. "Calm down already..." Aidan started to twitch a little from all the happiness pouring out from his servant. I might get infected if she keeps this up...

Suddenly Achilles stopped. "Do you see that?" Aidan looked at the clearing. "See what?" "That flying thingy!" Aidan saw it. "Oh look! Let's go get it! It's a f*cking raven you ****!" Lancer sat down on the ground with a frown. "B-b-but I had a weird feeling about it... don't have to be a meanie about it." A sniffle, then a few tears. "Why are you so mean to me? Why do you hate me? You're such a meanie!!!"

F*cking great... she's crying again. Aidan groaned. F*ck my life...

Years

Raina Sabbadin

"We are technically surrounded." Desdemona's voice rang in Raina's head However, none of them are close enough to launch an attack just yet. I also do not believe that I have been recognized as a servant. At this point though, you are not going to be able to avoid them all easily - " Raina cut across her servant
"I don't recall mentioning avoiding them all. The question is which one we attack."
The bird that was Desdemona, the Caster, remained quiet for a while before responding
"We should steer away from Beserker for now, I think our best target should be the one on the mountain. The servant doesn't appear to get along too well with her master."

Raina had answered by changing her direction and heading towards the mountain, Desdemona had said they weren't too far forward in their assent so Raina was confident of catching up to them and sure enough her victims soon came into view.
"I shall remain above to catch them by surprise, they will not know I am a servant until I attack".

Raina had doubted the ability of a Raven to fight in the Arbitrium but after seeing a brief demonstration of her servants power she had come round fairly quickly, she was confident that they could win. Raina stepped out of the shadows to where she stood slightly behind a young man and his servant, who was female.
"Lovely day for being defeated" she said to them, knowing full well she appeared to be alone "Isn't it?"

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
May | Rider

-- -- --​

The ornate shield rested on the wooden hold. A family heirloom, the most valuable heirloom, kept for this precise occasion. A magic circle had been constructed around is, Maylene had meticulously planned every moment of her summoning.

"It is time," her father said, appearing in the doorway behind her like a shadow. He had overlooked every movement May had made in her eighteen years of life, and this day was no different. "Have you-"

"Yes, father. The ceremony is ready," she said, cutting him short - her anxiousness overriding her fear of her father. He simply nodded, satisfied.

"Begin."

May kneeled, her hands touching the magic circle, just as she had been instructed to. She poured her magic in to the glyph, focusing her thoughts on the grail and the ornament before her. With all her might she called out, declaring herself a master, willing a servant before her - a blast of light answered her calls.

-- -- --​

"And so it begins," she whispered, sitting atop her stallion, Frey. Rider sat behind her, easily controlling the horse - his greater size accommodated by the giant equine. Their vantage point wasn't the best, but the landscape before them seemed clear of any enemies.

"Beware," Rider warned, his voice strong and firm, a thick accent highlighting his words. The servant had not spoken much since his summoning, he often punctuated his thoughts with simple sentences and one word answers - he did not waste his time on poetry. May had never known such a person, if he was indeed a person. The two were distinctly different.

She massaged the marked on her wrist, a clear sign of her masterhood. She was not excited for the coming Arbitirum, she was terrified.

A strong hand took her wrist. Comforting her.

"Let's go," she said, her voice sounded unsure, unconvinced, but Rider understood, heading forward.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years

EMILIA // silver is the color to which I pay tribute.

A young woman stands beneath a tree in the designated grounds of the competition. Her posture is one of slight fatigue, having just channeled a considerable amount of prana into the magic circle located in the earth in front of her, and she leans on her right arm for support; the tip of the sword within her hand sinks into the ground.

It approaches the hour to begin the ritual, she thinks, and peers with utmost care at the blueprints in her hand, making sure that none of the runes in the circle are poorly drawn or outright incorrect. This must be the third or fourth time she has done so, but she is more excited than irritated - even she has to verify her work before a ritual of this caliber. Placing the previously prepared gauntlet into the centre of the circle, she begins to speak the first lines of the incantation.

"Silver and iron at the basis. Stone and the archduke of contract at the foundation. My mastery is over light and essence."

With the passing of her words, the four inner runes flare to life, followed by two others flanking the core of the diagram.

"The descending wind becomes a wall. The gates of the four directions close. From the crown, the three-forked road to the kingdom circulates."

A gust sweeps by, whipping fallen leaves into the air. The sound of waves crashing against the shore can be heard in the distance. The color of the greenery intensifies. Mentally directing the pulsating orb of energy which has entered travel around the magic circle, she pushes against the limiting seal five times in rapid succession, shattering it upon the final pass.

Luminance rises from the circle, blasting into the air in a blazing pillar. Perfect way to attract unwanted attention; she winces, but is not about to be deterred by the relatively minor setback.

"―I announce."

The light is tinged with a bluish hue. She accepts this as indication that she has indeed received the Servant which is associated with her catalyst, and continues her recitation, noticeably more confident.

"Your self is under my command, and my fate lies in your sword. In accordance with the principles of this occasion, if you abide by this will and reason, then answer."

By now, her Servant's silhouette has become visibly clear; Saber's - presumably it is Saber, judging from the scabbard she carries at her side - tresses flutter in the breeze. The glare is still too harsh for her to make out Saber's features, however.

"Hear my oath. I am the one who completes all the good of eternity. I am the one who imposes all the evil of eternity. You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance ―"

(ooc: yes, part 2 inc soon)

Back