• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Walking Dead (M) [IC]

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
Pokemon: The Walking Dead (IC)

AN M-RATED SURVIVAL ROLEPLAY

Introduction:
Spoiler:

Plot:
Spoiler:

You:
Spoiler:

Notable Places:
Spoiler:

Important NPCs:
Spoiler:

Rules:
Spoiler:

Mechanics:
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Rory Oliver Carr

when the dead comes walking, being safe is the priority

Rory Oliver Carr munched on an apple he hastily scavenged from one of the nearby houses. It's been five years since the plague swiped the almost the whole population off the face of the world. It's been just pure luck from his side that he, and his two remaining Pokemon, were still alive. And I do intend to continue living, thank you. His two other Pokemon, Eve and Ivan, were safely tucked inside their Pokemon nowadays. Rory Oliver Carr only let Ivan out occasionally as he deduced that Steel-types and other vaguely non-biological Pokemon were immune to the disease. Eve, on the other hand, last saw sunlight a few months ago, back when Rory Oliver Carr is living inside the house of a fisherman on Route 12. It was a good find for him, as it was stocked full of basic necessities. The fisherman was nowhere to be seen.

Nowadays, Signor Carr has been staying inside the Lavender Tower for almost two months now. The town has a relatively low number of undead and most were easy to kill. Combined efforts of Ivan and Rory Oliver Carr effectively eradicated almost 50% of the undead population in the town, if the trainer could give a guess. The houses around the tower were also brimming with stocks, as Mr. Fuji probably took a last stand before succumbing to the plague. He was also nowhere to be seen.

"Ivan, go," Rory Oliver Carr's echoed throughout the room. Lavender Tower was full of Ghost-type Pokemon but most of them stayed away after their initial bout with Ivan. They mostly reside in the upper floors of the tower. It was a deal that works for both parties. The Ghosts were left to whatever their spectral body wants to do and Rory Oliver Carr is left whatever he wants to do. This place is probably the safest place in all of Kanto. Assuming nobody stumbles in here (Fat chance. Five years after the plague and I've only seen a handful of people), Rory Oliver Carr computed that he can live for a couple more months there before moving to another safe site. Rock Tunnel might be a good choice, although living in the dark would be hard. "Ivan, Discharge."

It was routine. Rory Oliver Carr needs to train his Pokemon, not in strength, but in speed. Weak moves would defeat any zombie; it's their number that you need to think about. You need to attack faster and on a wider area. "Ivan, Discharge." Ivan let out a wave of electric current, its single eye rotating wildly. "Sonicboom." A boom. "One more." Another. "Discharge." There goes the current again. "Sonicboom, then Thunder Wave." Another and another. Repeat then fade. Rory Oliver Carr's life is in monotony.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

Karly Rose & Ampi the Ambipom

get eaten by fear, not zombies

Spoiler:

It was silent. So silent, it chilled right to her bones.

Karly cautiously made her way into the vacant town, the blood-streaked knife clutched tightly in her right hand. She was on red alert; at any moment, she could be getting attacked by one of those undead beasts. The town had a cold and unforgiving mist settling overtop of it, somewhat obstructing her vision. Her ears trained themselves on the silence, listening for any shuffling or noises that would indicate danger. But of course, it was silent. Too silent for comfort.

She slowly moved along the edge of the rock wall of the mountain behind her, carefully moving herself towards the Pokemon Center. I need to get more medical supplies... and maybe they'll have some food... She felt her stomach churn a bit at the thought of food. Ampi was perfectly okay with surviving on the bountiful Oran Berries that grew on the trees near their last base, but Karly couldn't do it. She needed nutrients, meats, vegetables - things she hasn't had in a bountiful amount for quite some time. Her supply of foodstuffs was running low since she stopped raiding Saffron a few months ago - she had managed to stuff her entire supply into her bag, although it took up quite a bit of space and required a lot of rearranging. It should do her good for another month and a half, provided nothing happens to it.

Her back hit the wall of the Pokemon Center, which was blistering cold. She was ready for anything at this point - the Centers were the worst; they were immediately taken over first in every city as far as she knew, and held many rooms for the zombies to hide in. She was right next to the window, so she just barely inched her head around to look inside before pulling it right back. No lights on... that's never safe. Best not to go in.

It was then that explosions came - or, that's what they sounded like. They were much louder in the town, causing Karly to cringe with each one. When based outside of the town, she had heard them during the nights, and it always worried her but always made her curious. Although it could easily be a giant, lumbering Pokemon zombie that would tear her in half the minute it saw her, they sounded too synchronized and delayed to be natural. It made her question if there was perhaps another person nearby - and she didn't even care how insane they were. As long as they weren't infected, they could be insane together. She was getting to that point. Hell, she probably was there already. She only had Ampi for the last few years, so it's not like there's been someone to tell her what she was acting like.

The explosions sounded like they were coming from the Pokemon Tower, so she began to slink her way over to the entrance. She was careful around the pathway that led into the Route in front of Rock Tunnel, although it would be hard for any zombies to get through that thing, which was in part to why this town was probably so empty. She was getting closer and closer to the entrance to the tower, and the explosions were even louder with each step she took. This is it... now or never...

She reached the doorway, knife still in one hand. Whatever was in there, she was ready for it. She slowly poked her head around the corner, the bright lights from inside momentarily blinding her, and for a second she thought it was an Electric- or Psychic-type using Flash. But then, as her spotty vision returned, the figure in the light filled out, and Karly's heart beat began racing.

"One more."

It was a human.

A living, breathing, functioning, not-infected human.

There was someone else in this world who was alive besides her.

And he was standing right in front of her.

The blood-streaked knife found its way back into her belt loop.

And Karly found herself standing in the doorway of the tower.

"Hey! Hey! Are you okay?!"

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years

Rory Oliver Carr

the last man on earth heard a knock on his door.

"Hey!" a voice shouted but Rory Oliver Carr chose not to notice it. Almost five years of living alone, he have always managed to hear phantom voices inside his head. The disappearance of a loud society jolted his brain into caveman mode. And it misses the modern world. He just continued to watch as his Magnezone continued its attacks, already having zoned into a robotic circle. That's when the voice shouted again. "Hey! Hey! Are you okay?!"

Rory Oliver Carr jolted up and pulled out his knife. It was the knife he scavenged from the fisherman's house and it served him handy when a couple or two zombies come his way. Plus, he lost the short sword he found just lying two years prior when he fled from another horde in Fuchsia and he needed a replacement. Lavender Tower was his first big break.

"Who goes there? Ivan, to me!" Rory Oliver Carr shouted to his Pokemon. Obediently, Ivan went over to his master's side. Rory Oliver Carr saw a girl with auburn hair flowing down her back. She was wearing a belt and Rory Oliver Carr could just spot a knife similar to his. It was a girl, the first human being Rory Oliver Carr saw in a year or two.

He has his doubts.

"There is nothing here. Who are you?" Rory Oliver Carr kept his distance from her, putting his knife between the girl and himself. Who knows if she's infected? "I know how to use this knife and I ain't afraid to show-off." Living in isolation made Rory Oliver Carr miss society, but he's also become wary of it, seeing fellow business associates turn into walkers.

And seeing his own bloody hand push the knife under their neck.

"Who are you?" He repeated for the last time.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

that one friend that doesn't look happy to see you

Spoiler:

Karly immediately stopped, dropping her friendly attitude and realizing how much of an idiot she truly was. Why would I reveal myself like that? Obviously he's going to be defensive of his territory if he's been living here for so long... She figured that she had to talk her way out of this one - unless she wanted to risk getting fried by that Magnezone.

"I swear, I'm not infected! If I was infected, would I be able to form coherent sentences?" She pleaded, hoping that this was just crazy enough to work. "I'm Karly Rose. I lived in Saffron before the infection began. I escaped with my Ambipom a few years ago. We've been living along Route 8 for the most of the epidemic. I can prove it if need be. I have all of my supplies in my bag here, including an extra emergency antidote. Are you or any of your Pokemon infected?"

She knelt down, pulling the medical kit out of her bag. The syringe full of the bright pink liquid sat right on top, placed as such for very quick retrieval if need be. She picked it up and held it between her two fingers to give him a good view of it. "There was another box of it inside the Pokemon Center, but its mostly empty now. There might be three or four more syringes like it in there, but its been overrun. A half dose of this stuff fights off the infection and eventually drives it out." She pulled out the two empty syringes as well. "These had antidotes in them too; I've had to use them on me and my Ambipom. This is proof that I'm not infected!" She put everything back in the medical kit, which she then returned to her bag, while also revealing a can of food. "I have stuff to eat, too, if you need it. I stole a bunch from my home and the Pokemart before I left, and I went back to get more a couple of times before it got taken over too."

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years

Rory Oliver Carr

the last man on earth heard a knock on his door II

Significant items on hand:
Spoiler:

The girl, Karly Rose she said her name was, took out a bunch of things from her bag. Rory Oliver Carr saw basic first aid kit, a necessity that have become rare in the present society. When the onslaught of the plague began, first-aid kits were the first one to go. Demand overcame supply creating a shortage. How the hell did this kid come up with such an expansive kit? "There was another box of it inside the Pokemon Center, but its mostly empty now. There might be three or four more syringes like it in there, but its been overrun. A half dose of this stuff fights off the infection and eventually drives it out."

When Rory Oliver Carr visits a new place, the first thing he checks out are the Pokemon Centers and Markets as this are where the supplies normally are. He is pretty sure that the Pokemon Center in Lavender Town has nothing of that sort when he came in here.

"I have stuff to eat, too, if you need it. I stole a bunch from my home and the Pokemart before I left, and I went back to get more a couple of times before it got taken over too."

"I am quite well-equipped, thank you," Rory Oliver Carr said, not lowering his knife. There is something fishy with the girl but Signor Carr could not quite place it. "I also managed to scavenge leftover foods from the other houses and Ivan here," Rory Oliver Carr patted his Magnezone ", can hunt whatever fauna is left in this godforsaken region." Aside from the medical kit, Rory Oliver Carr is not looking to compete for the supplies. "How old are you? And how can I really make sure you're not infected? It's not a hundred percent sure that those antidotes will work. Where were you bitten?" Rory Oliver Carr questioned the girl, not without reason. Even in this zombie-infested world, people will work towards their own, not others', goodwill. "We're fully equipped, you and I. You can walk away now and pretend you have never seen me."

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

that friend that doesn't look happy to see you

Spoiler:

Karly wasn't taken aback by his response; you never knew who you could trust in the world in its current state. But she couldn't possibly leave the only non-infected human she had managed to encounter in the last five years. "I'm 16. I wasn't actually bitten, only scratched. I felt a bit of the sickness though, so I used the antidote. It did a pretty good job, if I should say so." She turned her left arm over to reveal the underside. There was a extremely faint scar that appeared; it was nearly gone, so there's no way it could get to her. "The other three dosages went to Ampi. This kit used to have a lot more stuff in it, but it's been getting thin recently."

She returned the food can to her bag and brought out the medical kit again. He obviously took an interest in it, so maybe she could use it to convince him to work with her. She opened it up again, this time listing out the contents. "One roll of gauze. It'll last long if we're careful and avoid getting cut or bitten. Two tubes of medicinal cream; repairs scrapes and cuts, and did a fine job of protecting a wound from infection. Alongside that, a bottle of antibiotic pills. In a world with infection, these are very useful; even though they don't stop the infection, they can slow it down. And of course, the antidote syringe. I've used this stuff more than enough to confirm that it works." She closed it back up, hoping that she could shift this in her favor.

"I could easily leave you here with your dwindling supplies, and we could pretend that we were merely a figment of each other's imagination. But you and I both know we can't do that now. We have something that the other wants; you need my first-aid kit, and I need a partner who can help me get through this thing. Let's face it, Lavender won't be safe forever. Once those zombies crash through Route 8, we need to be long gone and out of here. If we put our heads together, we could probably make it to Vermillion, where there's bound to be plentiful resources for us to use. After that, we can attempt to get to Cinnibar Island, which is undoubtedly the safest place to be. It might be hard, but if we work together, it won't be impossible." She explained. "I know you don't trust me, and I don't blame you. You're the first unaffected person I've met since this damn thing began, so this is as shocking to me as it is to you. But we're obviously survivalists if we've managed to last this long, so instead of killing each other or running away, we should work together. There's strength in numbers."

Karly sighed, her argument done. If he disagreed to what she had to offer, she would simply have to share the residence of the town with him. But working together would be good for them; for how long, it was debatable.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Natasha Reddings

Natasha sighed as she looked around at the water around her. She was upset, nearly crying because of what had happened earlier. After five years with Jarrod he had betrayed her. She shivered lightly due to still not being completely dry. After the attack by the Tentacool she was watching all over. After all without vigilance what hope was there for someone to survive. After letting her guard down with Jarrod she wasn't going to make that mistake again. I just have to get to Cinnabar Island. As long as it's as safe as I've heard...maybe Jarrod was lying about that too she thought glancing down at Dimitri her Bonsly who was asleep in her lap and then to Senka who was floating at the front of the boat helping keep watch. "at least you two are immune to this infection" she muttered.

"No time to dwell on that" she added after a second not caring that she was talking to herself. "I have to survive. For mom and dad, Cody, and Felina" she whispered wiping a few tears that fell. "I have to be strong. For them."

miltankRancher

Years

Rory Oliver Carr

pooling the resources

Spoiler:

"I know you don't trust me, and I don't blame you. You're the first unaffected person I've met since this damn thing began, so this is as shocking to me as it is to you. But we're obviously survivalists if we've managed to last this long, so instead of killing each other or running away, we should work together. There's strength in numbers," Karly Rose finally said. Rory Oliver Carr lowered his knife and weighed his chances. He's been living good for a few years already, alone at that point. However, if not for the supply of medicine the girl has, Rory Oliver Carr would not be thinking this one through. If the girl does not want to go, he will have to luge his huge sack over to Rock Tunnel.

Rory Oliver Carr got a Town Map from his supples. "Route 8 is not a problem. We're too far away from that route for the zombies to even bother us. However, what you're suggesting to go to Vermillion requires us to enter Saffron City, which is a real problem. I don't believe you are suggesting to detour around the city into the forest since that is more dangerous as wilder Pokemon are more prone to appear. What are you thinking?" Rory Oliver Carr sheated his knife and handed the girl the Town Map. "This does not imply that we are already going to work together. I have been living fine on my own since this started. Let's just see what you can do." Rory Oliver Carr waited for her suggestion.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

the turtle sheds his shell

Spoiler:

Karly took the map he offered her, listening to him explaining what his idea of getting to Vermilion was, which was clearly not a good plan. "See, that's the basic way of looking at it. Sure, we could pass through Saffron, lose a limb or five, and make it Vermilion possibly in two pieces. But that's not safe, obviously. Here's my plan that I've been working on extensively." She laid the map down flat on the ground and pointed to a spot on Route 8.

"As you know, there was a project that was started five and a half years ago with the intention of connecting the Underground tunnels together to provide easier travelling between the cities. Why they did this when Saffron was a perfectly acceptable method of travelling, I'll never know. Now, obviously, it was never finished because of the zombie outbreak, blah blah blah. However, the tunnels that connected the paths were done, they just had to lay down the flooring and walls and stuff. Since there was a lot of dangerous machinery, the entrances to the tunnels were blocked off and no one was able to get inside. However, since the workers still had to get inside, they installed a secret hatch that dropped right into the tunnels that they could use to get in and out without having to worry about any unauthorized personnel getting in. Naturally, since I hid outside of the Saffron gates for 2 or so years, I checked out the gatehouse leading to the tunnels thoroughly, and managed to find the hatch."

She shifted into a cross-legged sitting position. "I've deduced that, outside of Cinnabar Island and this town here, the tunnels are one of the safest places to travel for a few reasons. The first reason is simple; the project was still underway when the infection began, so the gatehouses are still heavily barricaded. The local zombie Pokemon aren't nearly strong enough to bust through it, and no zombie could possibly be smart enough to find a hidden hatch, especially if any average person with moderate intelligence couldn't. With that, no creatures from the outside could get in. Second, the tunnels that were there before the project began were completely finished, tiled over and everything. No Ground-type Pokemon could hope to bury into them, as they were made with that possibility in mind. The dirt tunnels between them might beg to differ, although the idea that there are actually Pokemon in them can be dismissed because the tunnels run directly below Saffron's streets, which are concreted and paved, meaning it'd take a lot of wear and tear to get through them, even for a mutant Ground-type. Third and finally, the electrical systems inside still work, which I know because I ventured inside them to scope out if it was safe. This means that the Power Plant must somehow still be running, although it's kind of expected seeing that it's blocked off by water and part of the mountain. With the lights, we'll have a better chance of seeing anything down there coming at us, although the lighting doesn't extend into the dirt tunnels so that's something different to foresee."

Her finger followed the path of the Underground Tunnels, which indeed went underneath Saffron and came out on Route 6. "Now, getting into and out of Vermilion is a different story. The Route beforehand and the city itself are crawling with these damn things. It'll take quite a bit for us to get through the route alone, although adding in your Magnezone will actually make things much easier. My plan for what we do in the city is simple; we check out what's available in the warehouses, steal one of the boats that are still there, and sail to Cinnabar. Now, this part hasn't been 100% planned out simply because I have no idea what could happen once we're in there. There are too many variables to determine the safest course of action, and I honestly have no clue what the city is like in its current state. Plus, there's not even a guarantee that there are still boats in the harbor for taking. But, the only other possible way would be to take a backwards trek around the entire region, going through Cerulean, Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet, and then somehow sailing or swimming to Cinnabar. My way is our best bet and the quickest way to get there, and even though it's dangerous, it's much safer to go through one city as opposed to four."

She sat back, satisfied after telling this guy her plan. It had taken quite a bit to develop this, and she was proud of it. It didn't even sound better in her head; it sounded much better in words, and she appreciated finally being able to share it with someone who wasn't Ampi or a face-devouring creature.

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Despite the tiny flame at the end of Ember's tail Kaden began to grow colder. Although it was a minor inconvenience and it would make him slower in the event of an ambush, the discomfort was welcome. He spent his days safe from the wind, sun, and rain alike. Nature no longer touched him. The air in the warehouse didn't even circulate between the great expanse within and the greater expanse outside. There was no scent of freshness, no salt of the sea, not even the foul stench that accompanied the undead. As these burning, gritty irritations twisted in Kaden's gut he chastised himself. There were surely masses of survivors in the world hiding in far less comfortable places. Most of them probably didn't have a place to call "home". So why was he complaining?

In truth he knew it was because he had been far too safe for far too long. He had no exact number for how many days had passed, but as he looked down from the sky and regarded the notches in his boot he knew that it would take longer to count them than it was worth. The menial task would occupy his brain, that was certain, and maybe it would be good for him to not have to think for a little while. Then again, he really did not want to know. Having a concrete, solid number for how long it had been since the end of the world would only make it feel worse. More final, somehow. Instead he sighed long and low and looked up to stare at the horizon.

The moonlight offered some illumination but Kaden did not need it to see well. The warehouse was dark inside and most of the time the only light he had was Ember's flame. As a result his eyes were well adjusted, and this allowed him to see the figure approaching. He tensed and grunted to Ember as a warning. Her eyes flitted almost imperceptibly to the unidentified creature approaching and her nostrils flared. When she did not snatch him inside Kaden knew that who or whatever it was, they were not infected. But that did not mean that they were safe.

As they drew nearer Kaden could see that it was a human, a man, and a Lucario by his side. He did not relax as the man raised a hand, seemingly as reassurance that he was alive and unthreatening. Kaden did not believe it for a second.

Slowly Kaden stood. As he did the top of his head was level with Ember's, though she did not rise. When the man was near enough Kaden held intense eye contact.

"I know why you're here. There's nothing left."

Kaden's voice cracked from disuse. He cleared his throat and motioned jerkily at the building behind him.

"Finished it off."

Ember snorted and eyed the pair suspiciously. She may be missing an appendage, but she still had fangs, claws, and flames.

miltankRancher

Years

Rory Oliver Carr

we were planning on how to escape

Spoiler:

Rory Oliver Carr's forehead knit as he listened to Karly Rose's suggestion on getting into Vermillion. He have never heard of the underground tunnel project being undertaken in his business' city. Yes, he might have passed by one of the tunnel entrance during his travels (Saffron and Celadon are two big cities and business is good between the two of them) but Rory Oliver Carr have never had the reason to use it. He always has his plane or limo to take him wherever he needed to go. And to think now would be time that I will use it, for survival.

"But, the only other possible way would be to take a backwards trek around the entire region, going through Cerulean, Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet, and then somehow sailing or swimming to Cinnabar. My way is our best bet and the quickest way to get there, and even though it's dangerous, it's much safer to go through one city as opposed to four," Karly explained. Rory Oliver Carr was now nodding. He was familiar with the general geography of the area as he needed basic knowledge of it to keep his business alive.

"Your idea with the tunnels are ingenious, of course, provided that they do really exist as you said. However, Vermillion's port is a little too far from Cinnabar Island. I don't like taking the risk of travelling through sea, especially in a little boat, assuming we found one. We have other factors to consider, like weather. Despite how the region turned out, we still have the weather to watch out. Two under- experienced sailors in the sea? What will we do if we are caught in the middle of the storm. There'll be little to no chance of land for harboring as storms tends to develop far from the mainland. And this is all assuming we find a boat," Rory Oliver Carr said. He took the map from Karly again and looked at it. "I like your idea on how to get to Vermillion and ultimately to Cinnabar but there is a possibility of failing and death in it, especially once we were out of sea. I have another suggestion," Rory Oliver Carr knelt and straightened out the map. He hated to leave the place; Lavender Tower has become his temporary home in the past few months and he had become attached to this place.

"Once we get to Vermillion, we don't waste anytime looking for boats. We head straigh to Diglett's Tunnel. I know that wild zombie Pokemon may still reside in there, but I think my Pokemon could handle them just fine," Rory Olive Carr said. "Anyway, we go to Diglett's Tunnel and emerged on the Pewter City entrance. Pewter City has a fairly low population level, if I recall, so I guess we could stay there for a few to restock on whatever we need. Then, afterwards, we go down to Viridian, avoiding the forest and taking a whole detour using the other route parallel to it. Viridian also has low population density, so I guess we could make a run for it, straight through Pallet Town. Pallet Town has a lot more chance of having a boat, since it is basically a fishing village. Plus, the distance we need to sail is significantly lower than when we sail from Vermillion," Rory Oliver Carr concluded. "So, we need to go to one tunnel, two possibly-safe cities, and Pallet Town where absolutely nothing happens. I think I like this idea better."

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

escape route

Spoiler:

Karly listened to this guy's plan, which weaved all the way through Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet Town as opposed to just Vermillion. It sounded okay, except he heavily misjudged the population density of the the two towns. "That sounds decent, but it should be noted that Pewter and Viridian had an increase in their population before the infection. Maybe making it past Pewter would be effective since the tunnel's exit brings us to the outside of the city limits, and using the route below to avoid the forest is good too, but Viridian is extremely tricky. As for inexperienced, well, I know my way around a boat, thank you. I used to live in Olivine, so I have a grasp of how to work a boat. As for a storm, well, we can make the best of it. You have a Magnezone, right? He could easily absorb the lightning. Now, if we had a Pokemon that had control over the wind, or one that knew Tailwind, we wouldn't have too much to worry about outside of mutant Tentacruel attacks."

Karly paused to mull over which would be the most effective. Passing through Viridian could be trouble; it's a hard place to hide in, and who knows what kind of people could be living there. But it's true that it'd be easier than going all the way from Vermilion to Cinnabar; such a large expanse of ocean can't be safe. "I guess we could go your way. Although I'd like to loot around a bit in Vermilion, it's too dangerous. So, I think your way would be better."

Karly sighed, having been worn out from doing that much speaking and talking. Her mouth was rather dry, so she took out her water bottle and sipped a bit. "Y'know, you still haven't introduced yourself to me. I find that kind of unfair." She laughed a bit, finally able to relax now that she didn't have to watch her back every single second. This guy obviously was going to work with her now, so she might as well be his friend. "Are you, like, afraid of your name or something?"

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Connor Jobe Making a big decision.

Inventory:
3 Pokeballs
Kerambit EDC Knife, 13 inches
7 Cans of various preserved foods
What might not be the best idea

Connor looked disdainfully back at Vermillion City, the place where it all started to go wrong for him. Why the hell did I come back here? That dream probably didn't mean a damn thing, I'm just a moron. He turned towards the man by the warehouse once again. Better not keep him waiting, can't just get him on edge only to walk away suspiciously. Once he got closer Connor could feel wariness and suspicion coming off the guy in waves, even with his weak grasp of the whole aura concept. Before the world ended he really would have loved a night like this...light up the firepit with his family, sit on Lax's belly to look at the stars, but ever since the dead started to walk all night time made him think of was horror movies and the dreadful truth that he was in even more danger.

The man made it quite clear he was in no mood to play the welcoming host, and all but declared people had asked him for supplies from the warehouse before and he wasn't sharing again, Connor understood perfectly. The Charizard was watching them closely, even more-so than the man himself, he wasn't worried though, Sanse was relaxed and calm so they must be safe for now. He smiled hoping it wasn't an intimidating one, although the person before him didn't seem the type to be easily daunted. "Actually that's where you're wrong, I already found what I'm looking for. I only look for supplies in abandoned places, doing anywhere inhabited isn't worth the trouble."

He sat down indian-style for a moment. "Let me level with you, this probably sounds stupid to anyone who's survived as long as we have by now, I know I've had my fair share of trouble with people by now but...Well honestly I'm sick of traveling alone, the virus seems evolved enough that it's victims aren't decomposing, so waiting them out isn't good enough, if there can't be a dedicated group of skilled, intelligent survivors somewhere we're all doomed. All that stuff is a long ways away at this point but I HAVE already decided if I come across anyone who looks like they can hold their own I'm gonna see if they'll cooperate, so here I am, you interested or got any advice?"

Sanse thought the whole notion was ridiculous, not only did they need nobody, but humans were selfish and only got even worse in this world, but he supported his companion so he nodded to the Charizard as if to confirm Connor's words were true. Pokemon, especially Lucarios were not known for lying.

miltankRancher

Years

Rory Oliver Carr

from lavender to cinnabar: we will travel the whole region like trainers

Spoiler:

Rory Oliver Carr's mind was whirring from all that talking and planning. It's been months since he had engaged in a mental activity, such as planning on how to escape and all. Life had become a routine for him, his mind already verging on robotic where everything he do is purely out of instinct. Karly Rose brought a break from all the monotony.

"You have a Magnezone, right? He could easily absorb the lightning. Now, if we had a Pokemon that had control over the wind, or one that knew Tailwind, we wouldn't have too much to worry about outside of mutant Tentacruel attacks," Karly Rose explained. It is true that Magnezone can absorb some of the lightning that might occur in a storm and Eva, gods be good, has Tailwind but, still, the idea of traveling over that long distance purely by boat is a risk not woth taking for Rory Oliver Carr. Also, she might be as experienced as she is saying but she still looks like, what, sixteen? ""I guess we could go your way. Although I'd like to loot around a bit in Vermilion, it's too dangerous. So, I think your way would be better."

"Y'know, you still haven't introduced yourself to me. I find that kind of unfair," she said. Well, it is true Rory Oliver Carr have not had introduced himself. He finds introduction a bit hard because of his OCness when it comes to calling him. He hates being addressed with only a name. Full name, even this times.

"I am Rory Oliver Carr. You may call me Rory Oliver Carr or Signor Carr," Rory Oliver Carr said. He folded the map and stashed it away. "I did not introduce myself first. I never thought I would agree to work with you. Now we're done planning, I think we should get going as soon as possible. We could go now, if you want to. I just need to pack the important things I still have here," he said.

"As for looting, I think we could stay in Vermillion for a bit longer than necessary, although we should stick to the borders of the city. I recall that there is a house near Diglett's Tunnel. We could stay there until we're ready for the tunnel. I am guessing we can't clear it in a day so we will be going to be forced to stay inside for a night." Rory Oliver Carr went over to his supplies and brought out a bag.

"On another note, do you have any Pokemon remaining? I still have Ivan," Signor Carr said, his Magnezone floating lazily a head above the two people. "And Eva, a Whimsicott. I have not let her out for five months now, I guess."

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

ROAD TRIP

Spoiler:

"I am Rory Oliver Carr." he finally said, seeming somewhat indifferent about introducing himself. "You may call me Rory Oliver Carr or Signor Carr. As for looting, I think we could stay in Vermillion for a bit longer than necessary, although we should stick to the borders of the city. I recall that there is a house near Diglett's Tunnel. We could stay there until we're ready for the tunnel. I am guessing we can't clear it in a day so we will be going to be forced to stay inside for a night."

"That's fine." She replied, drinking a bit more from her water. "Vermilion can't be too bad, although an entire port of zombie sailors does sound somewhat terrifying. Of course, living sailors are just as bad, without the desire to feast on human flesh." She chuckled a bit at her lame joke.

"... On another note, do you have any Pokemon remaining? I still have Ivan -" He motioned to the Magnezone floating above both of them. Karly really favored the smooth design of the robotic Pokemon. "- and Eva, a Whimsicott. I have not let her out for five months now, I guess."

Karly was taken aback at that statement; 5 months? Even with the risk of infection, Karly would never think to keep Ampi in his Pokeball that long. Of course, Rory doesn't have syringes of life-saving antidote, so she refrained from voicing that concern. "I have Ampi, my Ambipom. I let him out from time to time so he doesn't get too cramped, but I don't let him fight. Far too risky."

Karly twisted her bag around from her hip to right in front of her, opening it up. "Before we leave, we should probably make sure we have enough stuff and that we're not missing anything. Ooh, it's getting cold..." Karly rubbed her arms, trying to relieve them of their goosebumps. She reached into her bag, which was filled to the brim with supplies, and pulled out a very out-of-shape dark-orange sweatshirt. Admittedly, it didn't look to protect from the cold a lot, but it was better than nothing. "Is there anything left in the Lavender Town we could take before we leave? I still want to see what's in the Pokemon Center, provided that it's safe. You've been in there a few times, right? Is anything in there?"

Strikit

Years
Everything about this man was suspicious as far as Kaden was concerned. In his experience those that were traveling alone were without companions for a reason. His expression did not change as he looked down at the man. The fact that he sat down as Kaden stood set him on edge for some reason. Then again, he hadn't had any contact with people for so long. Simply looking at another human felt strange and alien.

Kaden's arms crossed at the overly friendly note in his voice. How could he possibly know Kaden wasn't a murderer or thief? How could he be sure either Kaden or Ember hadn't been bitten and were just waiting to turn or die? It was clear just from his stance that the notion of forming a pack hadn't gone over well with him.

"No point," he rasped. "Kanto's dead. Might be able to wait it out but probably not."

The disjointed and short manner of speaking he'd developed was so unlike himself he frowned a little. Normally he was fairly eloquent. However it seemed that he'd lost the ability to communicate successfully after so much silence.

He leaned back against the wall of the warehouse. "Don't know where you should look for survivors. Sent a band of six away a while ago. One girl was bit. Don't know where they went or what happened."

The message was as clear as an Ekans shaking the rattle on his tail or a Scyther showing his blades.

Ember regarded the Lucario not with interest but with diluted aggression as her partner attempted to turn away the human. After the incident that had caused her to lose her wing she was more suspicious of people than ever. The friendly gesture it extended was not reciprocated. On the other hand she rumbled long and low, not quite a growl but a warning that it was not welcome.

Sephear

Years
The way the man regarded him was quite obvious, but made sense. "Sorry I probably should have said something right away, have you ever met a Lucario before? They can feel your life energy and aura...might but the same thing I'm no scientist-BUT...Long story short if you were planning any funny business Sanse would let me know. He's no mind reader or anything but he can tell good and bad a part, hell he might even know if you were an *******."

Connor scratched his head for a moment not sure what to say next. "I guess basically what I'm saying is I'm as comfortable around you as is possible in this day and age because if you were going to attack me I'd know." He sat there a moment longer observing the man before him. "You're right Kanto IS dead, maybe the whole world is, but that's just it, every day more of us die and more of them are born, if somebody doesn't find away to start killing them off without losing too many more people in the process there really is no hope. Also I've decided surviving alone is pointless...what point is living if you get no enjoyment out of life and it's too monotonous...I guess I really am lonely, I want to talk to people again.

The man obviously and yet still not directly hinted that Connor should leave, he merely shook as head and replied literally. "Actually I'm not looking for survivors, I've just decided not to ignore any I find. I decided to offer you a bit of cooperation since if you're still alive at this point you must be smart and strong. So if you have anything you want to say, be honest like I am, don't hint at it, say it or don't. That's not a challenge it's a request of manners, as silly as such a thing may be."

Sanse looked the Charizard right in the eyes but offered no threats or hostility in kind, he didn't feel he had to prove anything or that the dragon like pokemon would attack his friend, so he merely watched.

Strikit

Years
Kaden did not relax. Knowing that the Lucario could see his aura or whatever irritated him. That would mean if he and Ember needed to make a quick escape, or if they needed to steal this guy blind they wouldn't be able to without detection. In a world where deception could be the key to survival this would not do at all.

For a few moments Kaden looked away from him while he decided what to do. He wanted a human companion about as much as a Meowth wanted a bath. But having this guy around might actually be useful. If the Lucario could see into people so accurately, who knew what use Kaden might find for that?

Slowly Kaden looked back at him. "Alright. No names. We're staying at the warehouse but if you know where we can get a Flying type I'll follow."

Sephear

Years
Connor shrugged. "Whatever you say man, not like there's any danger in a name without any sort of government system, just seems like communication to me..." He looked down, for a moment remembering the first battle where he lost nearly all of his pokemon. "Sorry to say I don't know where to find any flying pokemon, I think at this point all the ones that didn't die have found their own havens where the undead and us can't get them but I was thinking of trying to make my way to Rock Cave or somewhere else with a lot of Rock Pokemon, partly to catch one and partly because I figure a place with a lot of Rock pokemon would be relatively safe.

He sat contemplating for another moment. "But honestly I've been having a hard time deciding what to do, I got an urge to come back here and I don't know why...I came over here from Johto on the S.S Anne so...Vermillion down there is where it all went to hell for me...I don't understand why but I HAD to come here...and now I've found you, quite a strange coinkydink...Seems to me like staying in one place is only viable for so long, have any ideas of what you plan to do when you can't stay here anymore?"

Last edited:
Back