• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Verideth Fighting Academy

Years
Verideth Fighting Academy

Only the story, rules, and races are really needed to be read all the way through if you do not want to read everything. But it is recommended to read it all. Thank you :3

Main Story
Spoiler:

Background
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Races
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cities
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lore ((Will be added to as the story progresses))
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Form
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Academy Faculty And Staff
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Accepted Students (0-10 filled)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Event Logs:

Season One
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
Username: CJBlazer
Character Name: Jacen Ralvarn
Area From: Unknown

Race: Unknown (see history)

Personality: Jacen is adventurous and likes to do things on his own. However, if he is with a group, he will always try to help. He is a great friend to have and will never abandon his friends. He loves challenges no matter how big they are.

Appearance: (A detailed description or picture is fine.)
Jacen stands 5 feet and eleven inches and is slender but not skinny. His eyes are emerald green and there is a mark across his left eye. He wears a black outfit that consists of black leather pants, a grey jacket and full faced mask, and a black jacket. At times, he will also appear in a full bodied cloak with a hood. The oly facial feature visable behind his clothes would be around his eyes, which is how it is known that he has white skin like a human. Krotaos is sheathed across his back, slanted to the left. (see weopens)

Weapons: A specially made blade called Krotaos. It is five feet tall with a seven inch handle. The blade is red, with the vein of it a darker red. The handle and hiltguard is golden and the sides of the hilt spread out like wings. It is kept across his back in a greyish-black sheath.

Character Backstory:

It is unkown just who or what Jacen is. He appears to be a full human, yet he is able to use magic like a elf. Everywhere he goes he is either cloaked or masked. He has no allegiance to any city or country and perfers to be left alone. He decided to enroll in the academy to enhance his magic power. He often is given the name "Shadow Lord" due to his mysterious presence.

When asked about his past by those he deemed his friends, he only replies that he is a wanderer and learned how to weild magic and swords from a traveling elf hybrid. That is all that is known about Jacen.

Moveset:
Jacen is a hybvrid and as such has no strong moves. He is skilled with the sword however. Some of his signature moves are as follows

Sacred Blade Attack- Jacen gives his energy to his sword and it strikes with intense power and speed. After performing a series of cuts and slashes, he then releases the energy in a energized arch-shaped blast.

Energy Bomb- Jacen pulls some of his energy into the palm of his hand and throws it like a grenade. The power of the grenade depends on the energy he used to form it. It can be a simple explosion or a wide-spread blast.

Phantom Mirage- a desperate attack where Jacen creates illusions around him designed to confuse the enemy. He creates the illusins by spreading his aura around and having the enemy see it. He mainly uses it to escape from enemes or defeat enemies that are hard to destroy physically.

He also knows how to talk via telepathy but has a limited range (2 mile range). He also learned how to manipulate and read the aura surrounding all beings. He can use this aura ability to heal others as well as unleash strong moves. However, there is a limit to his aura usage and if he uses it too much, he will die.

Other: He loves eating apples and enjoys a fresh slab of meat at times.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Username: Khawill
Character Name: Sanity Seven
Area From: Utopia
Race: Human (Experiment)
Personality: Sanity is not a sane person by any standards but his own. His born name is Subject 7, which he changed to Sanity Seven due to the joyful irony it has. He loves on the fact that other people are afraid of him, and there is plenty of reason to be afraid of him. He has a tendency to not hold back in a fight, and has left several people completely disabled. His love of fighting is the only thing he can openly express, and he expresses it very well. Sanity's solution to everything is violence, something that he believes justifies everything. His logic is almost always fundamentally flawed, and to strangers he can seem like an idiot. Though the people who know him, and those who have fought him know that he is incredibly intelligent.

Sanity has a very high tolerance for pain, losing an arm would feel like scraping a knee, and as such he becomes reckless and unrelenting in battle. His tendency to laugh loudly during a fight has psychologically scarred some opponents, often making people confuse him for some kind of monster. This tactic of throwing people off is intentional (though he really does enjoy fighting that much, and sometimes he can't help but feel very excited and jittery before a fight.) and he can easily intimidate a person into submission before a fight even starts.

Still Sanity is very human in the sense of emotions, and although he lacks a solid moral compass, this is because he knows no other way. Sanity doesn't understand concepts such as kindness or love, though he does feel them, (his version of being kind would be to kill the antagonist, example: Lady getting mugged? Break both arms of the criminal.) and he can be somewhat nice to people he thinks are too inferior to fight, or people he thinks are uninterested in fighting him. (Nice is highly relative, as the word here means he will not try to kill you.) He is a traumatized soul who is fairly lost in the world.

Sanity smiles at all times, his smile changes based on his mood. If he is in a fight, his smile gets wide and he will even laugh, while outside of a fight he has a kind (yet unnerving) smile.

Appearance: (A detailed description or picture is fine.)

Weapons: Fists (his strongest weapon and most preferred), whatever is nearby, and 6 inscribed throwing knives. Additionally he has a knife hidden in the bottom of his boot, and a knuckleduster. Sanity has access to many mafia issued guns as well, his favorite being a pistol.

Character Backstory: Sanity was born a test-tube child. He was raised by an over zealous scientist who wanted to create a hybrid race, fit for fighting in wars. Sanity was raised under painful experiments, so much so that his nerves numbed out. He never left the lab, and each night he would be put in a tube to recover completely for the next day of experiments. The scientist made him extremely strong and agile, pushing the child's body to the human limits. At the age of ten, he could easily match strength with a grown man, though the scientist realized he had reached the human cap. This gave him incentive to go to his previous dreams of going above human. He tried to give sanity the longevity of vampires, the scales of dragons, and the wings of angels. He failed miserably six times, killing Sanity six times.

Each death forced the scientist to make a clone of sanity, which housed all of the memories of the previous six clones, thus Sanity had remembered each death. Each death made the scientist change his ideas, and only the seventh clone was a successful mutation. Sanity was able to teleport along with his ability to resist pain and his inhumane strength. The downside to this was that Sanity didn't follow any orders, and had become somewhat of a monster. Sanity decided that the best thing to do was kill the scientist. He did so seven times, each time doing it in a different way, using the same cloning process that was used on him. The scientist was eventually rescued by authorities and sent to jail for treason and six accounts of murder. He had combined science and magic to create a sinister human.

Sanity was not convicted of any crimes, as there was no dead body count (after each kill, he made sure to incinerate the body.) Instead he was sent to a mental ward, where he pretended to be sane until they released him a year later. At the age of 14 he was out on the streets dealing with gangs, acting as a bodyguard to higher ups. Due to his unpredictable nature and how much the bosses feared him, he was the demon of the gang (Attempts at killing him were impossible as he would just send any hitman back with a missing arm.)

Instead of trying to kill him, the bosses decided that he should be a combatant in the tournaments, acting as their pawn. Of course the idea of fighting was enough for Sanity to agree, and he works for the gang as their combatant.

Moveset: Most of his attacks are basic boxing jabs and uppercuts along with swift kicks. Sanity is a basic fighter.

Normal: Power Uppercut: Sanity strikes you with such force in an upward direction, that you are thrown into the air.
(Air, chain): Ground slam: Before the target can get too high, he grabs their clothing and immediately follows the uppercut with a forceful slam onto the ground.

Roundhouse: If he staggers an enemy, he can kick them with enough force to send them flying in a direction. There are no follow ups to this because targets move too fast for him to keep up with.

Special: Teleportation: His knives each have an inscription on them. Each has their own symbol, along with a single similar symbol. He can teleport to the symbol (therefore the location) of a knife, and the second symbol on each knife returns them to him. Additionally the seventh symbol can be drawn anywhere (and it must be drawn by him, the material or substance the symbol is created from is irrelevant) and he can teleport to it once. Teleporting Is something he uses to close the distance, and is almost never used defensively by him. The knife he intends to go to will glow slight before he appears to it (it lasts a second exactly, and most people won't realize without proper attention.)
-Initiate: Sanity throws each knife in a distinct pattern toward or around his opponent, he then teleports to a random (or even all of them if in a straight line) knife and attempts to get the first blow on his target.

Passive: Regeneration: The scientist was able to give Sanity the ability to completely recover body parts or from wound, given a twelve hours of sleep. As long as Sanity survives a fight and can sleep, then he will be able to recover even from a lost arm. If he can't sleep, the process will take three days, or until he can sleep.

Finishing Move: Precise Barrage: Using his knowledge of anatomy, Sanity is able to completely paralyze a victim for two days given they are weak when he begins the attack. He prefers this to killing people, as killing people means less people for him to fight later. (Quote: "I don't kill 'em because I love the revenge stories, especially when I beat em to a bloody pulp twice!")

Desperation Move: Frenzy: If he thinks he might lose a fight (never happened yet) then he will cut open his arm and extract a pill he keeps hidden there. When he swallows this pill, he becomes much stronger and faster, though loses his control. After the pill wears off (2 minutes) he will be left in critical condition. The best way to deal with this is actually to just avoid him, as he lacks any control and he could easily cause a severe injury if he lands a single blow.

Other: The gang: The gang he works for isn't particularly the worst. The trade mostly in bootlegging or smuggling, and don't partake in gang wars or anything. Additionally they have a small hand in politics and are a combination of many different races. They are known as the Velvet Guns. Though recently because of Sanity, they have garnered a rather negative and fearful reputation.

Sanity is a chaotic character, and as such requires more attention to the detail parts of each post rather than the dialogue parts.

Quotes: "You came here to fight me?" Speaking to a challenger from another gang, "I hope you have a gun!"
"You think I'm insane? But I know exactly what I'm doing, I think you're the insane one!"
"My past was fun! I got to die six times, so in return I killed my old man six times! And you know what, I think everyone should die every once in a while, just to get a feel for it."
"Why are you so scared of me? It's not like I'm the boogeymen, though I could be if you believe in that type of stuff."
"Why do I smile? Well because the old man always smiled when he cut me open, so I figure I should smile when I beat the stuffing out of people."

Filling out later, consider this a reservation

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
may i reserve a spot?
Username: Flygonstorm
Character Name:
Area From:
Race: Demon
Personality:

Weapons:
Character Backstory:
Moveset:
Other:

Appearance:

Last edited:

Riolucario11

Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu
Years
CJ, if you don't mind, I would like to see a bit more personality wise and back story wise. After talking to Boxy, he said that a Elven Human mixture would be deformed and most likely impossible, so I'm afraid it has to be either one or the other. Also, his Telepathy and Aura reading was not explained, I'd like at least an explanation on how this came to be, or else it's kind of random. Remember not to go too crazy with the telepathy, if so ^w^

Kha, Your form is very detailed, I like that ^w^ Although, I didn't see any weaknesses other than the 'out of control' thing, and I would like to ask if you could tone it down a bit, just for fairness purposes, such as the invincibility.

*Also, a small hint to both of you: Did you read the rules thoroughly?*

And Flygon, of course you're reserved!

Khawill

<3
Years
Oh I wasn't done, and he isn't invincible at all. He can die pretty easily. His regeneration basically only works after the fight. The fact that he never loses is because he only fights thugs and other gang members, so it isn't like he is superman strength.

Though not directly stated, his biggest weakness is when magic or ranged weapons are used on him, because if they can keep their distance, he can't really cause much damage. Not to mention he can still get tired like a normal human.

Of course I did :3

Riolucario11

Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu
Years
Oh, alright~!

It's common for me to misunderstand like that, and I also sort of forgot you weren't finished, even though I saw that you didn't have an appearance and the fact you right out and said it, so sorry about that! >3<"

And I was just making sure :3

Years
Oh, and just so everyone knows-I just talk about peoples forms with Rio on Skype, and then she posts what they need to fix or if they are approved. Also, we'll start once we have five confirmed forms~

Khawill

<3
Years
Username: Khawill
Character Name: Sanity Seven
Area From: Utopia
Race: Human (Experiment)
Personality: Sanity is not a sane person by any standards but his own. His born name is Subject 7, which he changed to Sanity Seven due to the joyful irony it has. He loves on the fact that other people are afraid of him, and there is plenty of reason to be afraid of him. He has a tendency to not hold back in a fight, and has left several people completely disabled. His love of fighting is the only thing he can openly express, and he expresses it very well. Sanity's solution to everything is violence, something that he believes justifies everything. His logic is almost always fundamentally flawed, and to strangers he can seem like an idiot. Though the people who know him, and those who have fought him know that he is incredibly intelligent.

Sanity has a very high tolerance for pain, losing an arm would feel like scraping a knee, and as such he becomes reckless and unrelenting in battle. His tendency to laugh loudly during a fight has psychologically scarred some opponents, often making people confuse him for some kind of monster. This tactic of throwing people off is intentional (though he really does enjoy fighting that much, and sometimes he can't help but feel very excited and jittery before a fight.) and he can easily intimidate a person into submission before a fight even starts.

Still Sanity is very human in the sense of emotions, and although he lacks a solid moral compass, this is because he knows no other way. Sanity doesn't understand concepts such as kindness or love, though he does feel them, (his version of being kind would be to kill the antagonist, example: Lady getting mugged? Break both arms of the criminal.) and he can be somewhat nice to people he thinks are too inferior to fight, or people he thinks are uninterested in fighting him. (Nice is highly relative, as the word here means he will not try to kill you.) He is a traumatized soul who is fairly lost in the world.

Sanity smiles at all times, his smile changes based on his mood. If he is in a fight, his smile gets wide and he will even laugh, while outside of a fight he has a kind (yet unnerving) smile.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Weapons: Fists (his strongest weapon and most preferred), whatever is nearby, and 6 inscribed throwing knives. Additionally he has a knife hidden in the bottom of his boot, and a knuckleduster. Sanity has access to many mafia issued guns as well, his favorite being a pistol.

Character Backstory: Sanity was born a test-tube child. He was raised by an over zealous scientist who wanted to create a hybrid race, fit for fighting in wars. Sanity was raised under painful experiments, so much so that his nerves numbed out. He never left the lab, and each night he would be put in a tube to recover completely for the next day of experiments. The scientist made him extremely strong and agile, pushing the child's body to the human limits. At the age of ten, he could easily match strength with a grown man, though the scientist realized he had reached the human cap. This gave him incentive to go to his previous dreams of going above human. He tried to give sanity the longevity of vampires, the scales of dragons, and the wings of angels. He failed miserably six times, killing Sanity six times.

Each death forced the scientist to make a clone of sanity, which housed all of the memories of the previous six clones, thus Sanity had remembered each death. Each death made the scientist change his ideas, and only the seventh clone was a successful mutation. Sanity was able to teleport along with his ability to resist pain and his inhumane strength. The downside to this was that Sanity didn't follow any orders, and had become somewhat of a monster. Sanity decided that the best thing to do was kill the scientist. He did so seven times, each time doing it in a different way, using the same cloning process that was used on him. The scientist was eventually rescued by authorities and sent to jail for treason and six accounts of murder. He had combined science and magic to create a sinister human.

Sanity was not convicted of any crimes, as there was no dead body count (after each kill, he made sure to incinerate the body.) Instead he was sent to a mental ward, where he pretended to be sane until they released him a year later. At the age of 14 he was out on the streets dealing with gangs, acting as a bodyguard to higher ups. Due to his unpredictable nature and how much the bosses feared him, he was the demon of the gang (Attempts at killing him were impossible as he would just send any hitman back with a missing arm.)

Instead of trying to kill him, the bosses decided that he should be a combatant in the tournaments, acting as their pawn. Of course the idea of fighting was enough for Sanity to agree, and he works for the gang as their combatant.

Moveset: Most of his attacks are basic boxing jabs and uppercuts along with swift kicks. Sanity is a basic fighter.

Normal: Power Uppercut: Sanity strikes you with such force in an upward direction, that you are thrown into the air.
(Air, chain): Ground slam: Before the target can get too high, he grabs their clothing and immediately follows the uppercut with a forceful slam onto the ground.

Roundhouse: If he staggers an enemy, he can kick them with enough force to send them flying in a direction. There are no follow ups to this because targets move too fast for him to keep up with.

Special: Teleportation: His knives each have an inscription on them. Each has their own symbol, along with a single similar symbol. He can teleport to the symbol (therefore the location) of a knife, and the second symbol on each knife returns them to him. Additionally the seventh symbol can be drawn anywhere (and it must be drawn by him, the material or substance the symbol is created from is irrelevant) and he can teleport to it once. Teleporting Is something he uses to close the distance, and is almost never used defensively by him. The knife he intends to go to will glow slight before he appears to it (it lasts a second exactly, and most people won't realize without proper attention.)
-Initiate: Sanity throws each knife in a distinct pattern toward or around his opponent, he then teleports to a random (or even all of them if in a straight line) knife and attempts to get the first blow on his target.

Passive: Regeneration: The scientist was able to give Sanity the ability to completely recover body parts or from wound, given a twelve hours of sleep. As long as Sanity survives a fight and can sleep, then he will be able to recover even from a lost arm. If he can't sleep, the process will take three days, or until he can sleep.

Finishing Move: Precise Barrage: Using his knowledge of anatomy, Sanity is able to completely paralyze a victim for two days given they are weak when he begins the attack. He prefers this to killing people, as killing people means less people for him to fight later. (Quote: "I don't kill 'em because I love the revenge stories, especially when I beat em to a bloody pulp twice!")

Desperation Move: Frenzy: If he thinks he might lose a fight (never happened yet) then he will cut open his arm and extract a pill he keeps hidden there. When he swallows this pill, he becomes much stronger and faster, though loses his control. After the pill wears off (2 minutes) he will be left in critical condition. The best way to deal with this is actually to just avoid him, as he lacks any control and he could easily cause a severe injury if he lands a single blow.

Other: The gang: The gang he works for isn't particularly the worst. The trade mostly in bootlegging or smuggling, and don't partake in gang wars or anything. Additionally they have a small hand in politics and are a combination of many different races. They are known as the Velvet Guns. Though recently because of Sanity, they have garnered a rather negative and fearful reputation.

Sanity is a chaotic character, and as such requires more attention to the detail parts of each post rather than the dialogue parts.

Quotes: "You came here to fight me?" Speaking to a challenger from another gang, "I hope you have a gun!"
"You think I'm insane? But I know exactly what I'm doing, I think you're the insane one!"
"My past was fun! I got to die six times, so in return I killed my old man six times! And you know what, I think everyone should die every once in a while, just to get a feel for it."
"Why are you so scared of me? It's not like I'm the boogeymen, though I could be if you believe in that type of stuff."
"Why do I smile? Well because the old man always smiled when he cut me open, so I figure I should smile when I beat the stuffing out of people."

:3

Back