L0RD G3NGAR

Age 23
Male
Canada
Seen January 10th, 2017
Posted May 18th, 2016
849 posts
8 Years
(Just a prediction on what it might be)We all know that there are X&Y chromosomes. There are also Z chromosomes found in Chickens, turkeys and moths. Now since we know that the game is based in france, and France is a European country and In european mythology,there is a mythical chicken called a cockatrice. So the Z legendary might be some thing like this. Also since it's two things a chicken it could support the (Apparent) DNA theme in this gen. . I also found this, Arthur Fox-Davies describes the cockatrice as "comparatively rare" in heraldry.[9]It was the heraldic beast of the Langleys of Agecroft Hall in Lancashire, England as far back as the 14th century.[10]. From what I can tell it's a european myth tho. Also A cockatrice is a mythical beast, essentially a two-legged dragon with a rooster's head. Described by Laurence Breiner as "an ornament in the drama and poetry of the Elizabethans", it featured prominently in English thought and myth for centuries. Site:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice .I know somebodys gonna say, Something like the games based in france. Well France and England had wars against eachother. So they have history with eachother, and I could see game freak having a few pokemon that are based of animals that live in England to.So IWhat do you think about this?
Looking to start beta testing Rom hacks again :D

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder

Age 26
Male
Australia
Seen February 23rd, 2014
Posted February 22nd, 2014
266 posts
12.3 Years
To be honest. I haven't thought this far into things. I will be happy to play the games. And Nintendo will surprise me along the way. :)
Don't psyche yourself out about it. Everything will be brought to light all in good time friend. :)

ganesha

The Graphical Master

Age 25
Male
India
Seen January 19th, 2017
Posted October 5th, 2015
190 posts
11.1 Years
What you say is a good thing but it'll not be done in these games. There could be another version named Pokémon Z the sequel for X and Y. Coming to the story of that it may not be like Mewtwo's but a totally different one like it was in the case of Rayquaza and Giratina.

L0RD G3NGAR

Age 23
Male
Canada
Seen January 10th, 2017
Posted May 18th, 2016
849 posts
8 Years
No I changed it. I got the creature wrong. It was a cockatric. Re read the thread now, after my current changes please.
Z seems like the most likely "third game" but who knows, everybody predicted Pokemon Grey for last generation and they came out with Black 2 and White 2.
Kyreum was the gray legendary even tho gray didn't get made. It was the third of that trio. Black polemon white pokemon so kyreum was Gray.

Aeroblast

Male
Basement
Seen February 25th, 2017
Posted February 25th, 2017
4,174 posts
7.7 Years
Kyreum was the gray legendary even tho gray didn't get made. It was the third of that trio. Black polemon white pokemon so kyreum was Gray.
The third legendary hasn't even come out yet... However your theory is an interesting one, I didn't know about "Z Chromosomes" until I read this thread, I guess I learn something new everyday.

L0RD G3NGAR

Age 23
Male
Canada
Seen January 10th, 2017
Posted May 18th, 2016
849 posts
8 Years
The third legendary hasn't even come out yet... However your theory is an interesting one, I didn't know about "Z Chromosomes" until I read this thread, I guess I learn something new everyday.
Exactly, now I'm not saying that this is 100% gonna be the third legendary. It just makes the most logical sense.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
There's also the W chromosome that goes with the Z chromosome. And I believe I read somewhere that there's a O sex chromosome too...If they do sequels they could do WZ opposed to X2Y2.
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun

Heric Winter

Male
Vietnam
Seen October 26th, 2014
Posted August 9th, 2014
135 posts
7.7 Years
In gen 3, the weather trio have different places, groudon walks, kyorge swims, rayquaza flies
==> gen 6, xerneas walks, yvetal flies, so the Z legendary will swim, or at least in some way connected with water
Also, xerneas is blue like kyorge, yvetal is red like groudon, so the Z legendary may be green like rayquaza. But who knows, maybe the Z legendary will be yellow or purple,...... X.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'

Age 26
Male
Texas
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 13th, 2020
151 posts
9.2 Years
Whatever the two mascot legendaries are based off of, whether it be Norse Mythology(which I believe in), DNA, Axes, etc. there always seems to be a third allegorical element/object that can obviously depict a potential "Z" legendary.

It's almost likely that there will be one, but a Pokemon Z? Well, after Black 2 and White 2, who knows what GF would do next with Kalos; whether it be a sequel, a third installment, or nothing. It's pretty unpredictable.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere else.

Age 27
Male
Portland, Oregon
Seen October 9th, 2015
Posted October 21st, 2013
55 posts
12.5 Years
Being that there seems to be a Life/Death motif with Xerneas (the Life Pokémon) and Yveltal (the Destruction Pokémon), it's possible the Z Pokémon will have something to do with that. Also, nobody seems to have noticed the math based reference among these two Pokémon, in that Xerneas seems to represent the X-axis (hence why it walks on the ground, if you think of that as the X-axis), and Yveltal represents the Y-axis (hence why it flys in the air). Being that it's on the only system with 3D capabilities, the third Legendary probably will be some profound representation of the Z-axis (seeing as how that represents depth, perhaps the legendary will be in the ocean, which is all I can really think of as being able to represent depth :P). But, I suppose we'll find out as the games draw closer.
Sometimes I wonder if there's a point to a signature. Then I remember: you're reading this :P

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Posted July 3rd, 2018
Being that there seems to be a Life/Death motif with Xerneas (the Life Pokémon) and Yveltal (the Destruction Pokémon), it's possible the Z Pokémon will have something to do with that. Also, nobody seems to have noticed the math based reference among these two Pokémon, in that Xerneas seems to represent the X-axis (hence why it walks on the ground, if you think of that as the X-axis), and Yveltal represents the Y-axis (hence why it flys in the air). Being that it's on the only system with 3D capabilities, the third Legendary probably will be some profound representation of the Z-axis (seeing as how that represents depth, perhaps the legendary will be in the ocean, which is all I can really think of as being able to represent depth :P). But, I suppose we'll find out as the games draw closer.
LOl we have noticed that. It was one of the first things people (including myself) pointed out about the names. Though the DNA theme naming seems to have taken over...
Also W and O could also fit the Dimensional theme naming as W can stand for the fourth dimension and O is usually used to mark the origin.
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:

François

#FutureSun&MoonMod

Age 25
Male
Batisques
Seen November 12th, 2016
Posted November 8th, 2016
396 posts
8.2 Years
I feel as if we're going to get another Rayquaza-type third legend. That being, a third legend that is the master of the other two. Seems like being between life and death (or outside it) is pretty good reason to be "above" what represents those two things, and the Z-axis being "beyond" x and y adds to that for me. I could be totally wrong but I don't think we'll get another Kyurem/Giratina deal here.

destinedjagold

You Can Contact me in PC's Discord

Age 30
Male
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted July 23rd, 2020
8,597 posts
13.9 Years
If there really is going to be a 'Z' legendary, then yesh, a serpent-like legendary would easily fit that role.

And...

I think it'll be a sea-serpent or anything related to the sea.
My reason is that the 'X' legendary is on land, the 'Y' legendary is in the air, so...

:3

edit...
I just realized Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza already had those roles... Meh...

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi

Age 22
Male
New York
Seen October 16th, 2019
Posted July 14th, 2014
33 posts
7.7 Years
I didn't read too much into the responses to this thread, but I think it's gonna be a snake if it does come true. If it's based on Norse Mythology like people suggest, then I think it will be a snake :o

Gengar
~Hotter Than Wasabi~
" Gengar hides in the shadows. If a Gengar is nearby, it is said to feel ten degrees colder than normal. "
Awesome avatar by Alexial • Wrestling YoutubeInstagram

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Posted July 3rd, 2018
I don't mind it being a chicken/rooster legendary if they make one ^_^
It could be Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Poison would be awesome, I don't see it being Dragon/Flying because well, chickens don't fly :P but neither does Gyarados...

Also guys if they made a Z legendary it doesn't have to be a snake to be Z-shaped, or even Z-shaped in the first place.
Well it needs to have the Z somewhere on it at least to match the other two. Xerneas looks like it has an X formed by it's horns and legs. It'll be interesting to see if they could form a Z using legs or feet like that...I think a Yvetalesk bearing of the letter (actually having a body shaped like a Z) would be better.