Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old March 5th, 2014 (4:19 AM). Edited March 5th, 2014 by iambatmanlol.
iambatmanlol iambatmanlol is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 5
    I'm so unsure whether i want to play this hack.. it looks very well made and it's recently updated which is a good change from the other hacks.
    However, there is literally ONE change in this that is making me hesitant... Empoleon being Water/Ice. He is one of my favourite pokemon and his resistance bulk was one of the main reasons, now he seems like he'd be so boring.
    I'll likely still play for the other changes but i'm gonna be sad without tankguin.

    Thanks for the Hack, but F**k you for the empoleon change.


    EDIT: However through my haste i hadn't noticed blastoise being changed. Now although I like blastoise I had never chosen to use him over bulbasaur, so now i believe i have a reason so thank you.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old March 28th, 2014 (7:39 AM).
    bluemanga's Avatar
    bluemanga bluemanga is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Location: UK
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 15
      Hey, I've being playing this hack for some time and it's amazing! However, I've noticed that there are certain Pokemon that can be found, but their locations are stated as "area unknown" (e.g. Lombre) in the Pokedex. I'm playing challenge mode, so is this intentional or a mistake? (Sorry if this has been covered anywhere before).
      Reply With Quote
        #78    
      Old March 30th, 2014 (12:39 AM).
      Bitsoft Bitsoft is offline
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2
        This looks awesome! I wonder why I didn't see it before. I'll probably play it after I finish my VoltWhite game. Thanks.

        One question though, is the Azure Flute and other event items given to you in-game and activated or do you need codes or an external program to enable those events on the save file?
        Reply With Quote
          #79    
        Old March 30th, 2014 (1:28 AM). Edited March 30th, 2014 by prohibits.
        prohibits prohibits is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2014
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 4
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by bluemanga View Post
          Hey, I've being playing this hack for some time and it's amazing! However, I've noticed that there are certain Pokemon that can be found, but their locations are stated as "area unknown" (e.g. Lombre) in the Pokedex. I'm playing challenge mode, so is this intentional or a mistake? (Sorry if this has been covered anywhere before).
          Use the wild pokemon listings document in the download.
          Route 205 [South] (15-16)
          Buizel 20%, Shellos 20%, Cherubi 10%, Nuzleaf 10%, Lombre 10%, Aipom 10%, Poliwag 10%, Wingull 10%

          Route 203 (6-7)
          Seedot 20%, Lotad. 20%, Bidoof 10%, Budew 10%, Surskit 10%, Ralts 10%, Abra 10%, Taillow 10%
          Poké Radar: Torchic 6%, Cyndaquil 6%
          Surfing (25-45): Psyduck 60%, Poliwhirl 30%, Lombre 10%


          I'm new to this game in general (I don't have a DS so this is my first d/p/plat game I ever played), but is there a store to like buy evolution stones, orbs, sashes etc?
          Reply With Quote
            #80    
          Old March 31st, 2014 (5:41 AM).
          tommzy09 tommzy09 is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2010
            Posts: 61
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by prohibits View Post
            I'm new to this game in general (I don't have a DS so this is my first d/p/plat game I ever played), but is there a store to like buy evolution stones, orbs, sashes etc?
            talk to a lady inside the Floaroma Town Pokemon Center, she gives you heaps of evolutionary stones
            Reply With Quote
              #81    
            Old April 2nd, 2014 (9:26 PM).
            prohibits prohibits is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2014
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 4
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by tommzy09 View Post
              talk to a lady inside the Floaroma Town Pokemon Center, she gives you heaps of evolutionary stones
              It says she can't give me stones at the moment. I never got any stones from her. I'm on my way to the 6th gym if that affects anything.
              Reply With Quote
                #82    
              Old April 3rd, 2014 (7:20 AM). Edited April 3rd, 2014 by Draknir.
              Draknir's Avatar
              Draknir Draknir is offline
              The God of Fire
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: Johto
                Age: 23
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 121
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Chief Jambo View Post
                Hi,

                Just wanted to drop and say thanks for making what's possibly the best Platinum hack yet.

                However I've noticed a severe lack of movepool and stat edits compared to other games, this combined with the increased difficulty(which I really like btw) makes it downright frustrating to use some pokemon. So I've taken it upon myself to revamp some of the pokemons levelsets, stats and abilities, many of which are based on XYs learnsets or Mega Evolution's abilities (Filter Aggron for example). IN NO WAY I'M TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS HACK. I JUST WANT TO CONTRIBUTE.

                Here's a link of my pokemon revamp, its based on 2.7 Challenge mode and has a document with all the changes.

                mediafire.com/download/4z4hbyu1p99u7i6/Pokemon+Flawless+Platinum+Edit.rar
                edit:updated the documents to make them easier to read
                I'll be looking over your changes and credit you accordingly if I like them enough to add them.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Bitsoft View Post
                This looks awesome! I wonder why I didn't see it before. I'll probably play it after I finish my VoltWhite game. Thanks.

                One question though, is the Azure Flute and other event items given to you in-game and activated or do you need codes or an external program to enable those events on the save file?
                The Member Card, Oak's Letter, and Azure Flute are given to you in-game and have had their respective events edited to work when you have them. The Secret Key, however, is not obtainable but it isn't needed because I altered that event to work without it.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by bluemanga View Post
                Hey, I've being playing this hack for some time and it's amazing! However, I've noticed that there are certain Pokemon that can be found, but their locations are stated as "area unknown" (e.g. Lombre) in the Pokedex. I'm playing challenge mode, so is this intentional or a mistake? (Sorry if this has been covered anywhere before).
                There's no way to change that, unfortunately, at least as far as I know. None of the Pokedex Locations can be changed from the Vanilla version, so looking at that is almost certainly useless.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by prohibits View Post
                It says she can't give me stones at the moment. I never got any stones from her. I'm on my way to the 6th gym if that affects anything.
                Hm. I'll have to look into that. I don't see why she wouldn't give you them.
                EDIT: Literally as soon as I posted this I figured out a possible solution to it. I'll test it out to see if it works.

                I do apologize for the silence on my part the past couple months. Real life was getting in the way of me doing, well, anything in the way of Flawless Platinum. But don't worry, things have somewhat calmed down enough for me to even think of doing stuff. And let me tell you, I am in the process of major adjustments to a lot of Pokemon. I'm only through Poliwrath (62) and have edited 37 Pokemon. A few examples are that I am going to make the BST of the Starters equal regardless of stage (Which is easy since the middle stages are equal normally and I'd made the final stages equal) and that there will be a minimum BST total for each stage of evolution, which does help buff several Pokemon.
                Reply With Quote
                  #83    
                Old April 8th, 2014 (12:00 AM).
                mackyboy23 mackyboy23 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 4
                  Thank you for making this awesome 493 hack! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
                  I'm playing it on DraStic, and
                  I'm on my way to Route 214!
                  But my Pokemon are pretty underleveled. .______.

                  Please make a usrcheat.dat for this game. Please I beg youuuuu >.<
                  Reply With Quote
                    #84    
                  Old April 12th, 2014 (3:51 PM).
                  prohibits prohibits is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2014
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 4
                    If I want to go from normal to challenge mode, would I be able to use my old save or would I need to start a new game?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #85    
                    Old April 13th, 2014 (10:56 AM). Edited April 13th, 2014 by GaryFreakingOak.
                    GaryFreakingOak's Avatar
                    GaryFreakingOak GaryFreakingOak is offline
                    8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2013
                      Location: Texas
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 86
                      Once I entered Eterna City, I wasn't allowed to go back thanks to this guy Did I screw something up?



                      EDIT: Once I got the Explorer Kit, it seems he felt like letting me go back. At least I THINK that's what did it, haha!

                      Also, just wanted to say I'm having a lot of fun so far. Thanks for putting this together, Draknir!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #86    
                      Old April 13th, 2014 (10:00 PM).
                      greenking13's Avatar
                      greenking13 greenking13 is offline
                      LORD OF ZHERRY
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 48
                        I have only been playing for a few minutes, and already I have found a few funny as heck things. Mainly the PC's screens of my character, Dawn, and Barry. Now to go get eevee and have my leafeon!
                        __________________
                        ­
                        Pokémon Platinum Red
                        Pokémon Platinum Blue
                        Pokémon Platinum Red
                        Pokémon Platinum Blue
                        Pokémon Platinum Red
                        Pokémon Platinum Blue
                        Pokémon Platinum Red
                        Pokémon Platinum Blue
                        ­

                        Reply With Quote
                          #87    
                        Old April 14th, 2014 (8:54 PM).
                        GaryFreakingOak's Avatar
                        GaryFreakingOak GaryFreakingOak is offline
                        8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2013
                          Location: Texas
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 86
                          I would like to suggest possibly lowering the levels of wild pokemon by just a couple levels. At least in normal mode, they are often about the same level as the pokemon used by trainers in a given area, meaning you either need to be overleveled or not able to use repels.

                          I almost had a fit in Iron Island not being able to repel the Arena Trap Pokemon there
                          Reply With Quote
                            #88    
                          Old April 17th, 2014 (6:43 PM).
                          delta4873 delta4873 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 11
                            Deoxys respawned after I caught it.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #89    
                            Old April 24th, 2014 (4:44 PM).
                            Cybermew's Avatar
                            Cybermew Cybermew is offline
                            Lazy Actor.....
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2008
                              Location: On a stage somewhere, sleeping
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Lax
                              Posts: 11
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
                              I do apologize for the silence on my part the past couple months. Real life was getting in the way of me doing, well, anything in the way of Flawless Platinum. But don't worry, things have somewhat calmed down enough for me to even think of doing stuff. And let me tell you, I am in the process of major adjustments to a lot of Pokemon. I'm only through Poliwrath (62) and have edited 37 Pokemon. A few examples are that I am going to make the BST of the Starters equal regardless of stage (Which is easy since the middle stages are equal normally and I'd made the final stages equal) and that there will be a minimum BST total for each stage of evolution, which does help buff several Pokemon.
                              Implementing those changes done in the rom posted above would be really cool, albeit the the edited version of the hack posted above doesn't work, there's no way to enter Barry's house

                              EDIT: And literally as I posted this you updated the first post, brilliant! :D
                              __________________
                              Whatever I want to say here probably isn't suitable.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #90    
                              Old April 24th, 2014 (5:41 PM).
                              Draknir's Avatar
                              Draknir Draknir is offline
                              The God of Fire
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2009
                                Location: Johto
                                Age: 23
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 121
                                As was stated above, yes v2.8 is out. I've fixed a couple of things and the final number of Pokemon who received an edit from v2.7 is 184/493. That's ~37% of the Pokemon in the game and was aimed at making many of them viable in battle compared to others.

                                Oh, and if anyone has already downloaded the new patch to play in Challenge Mode, you'll need to redownload it because, for whatever reason, the changes to the Pokemon weren't part of the patch.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #91    
                                Old April 24th, 2014 (8:12 PM).
                                greenking13's Avatar
                                greenking13 greenking13 is offline
                                LORD OF ZHERRY
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2010
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 48
                                  Just a small question. (Yes, I'm a noob, sorry.)

                                  Can I just put this patch onto the currently patched game? Or do I need to go and restart my current run through?
                                  __________________
                                  ­
                                  Pokémon Platinum Red
                                  Pokémon Platinum Blue
                                  Pokémon Platinum Red
                                  Pokémon Platinum Blue
                                  Pokémon Platinum Red
                                  Pokémon Platinum Blue
                                  Pokémon Platinum Red
                                  Pokémon Platinum Blue
                                  ­

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #92    
                                  Old April 30th, 2014 (5:22 PM).
                                  fidgety fidgety is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 53
                                    i think there might be an issue in the critical hit script at least for challenge mode, after 40 or so turns of play (80ish attacks total) i have not seen a single one occur.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #93    
                                    Old May 5th, 2014 (8:39 AM).
                                    shinami shinami is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2012
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Posts: 3
                                      Holy…this was actually updated a week ago? Very cool to see a hack that's still being updated!

                                      TwitchPlaysPokemon is making me want to experience Platinum again, but of course hard hacks are more fun, and this looks to be my best bet. Really looking forward to playing this, I love when it's simple all-Pokemon and higher difficulty! However waiting for all the Pokemon to be updated is very tempting so I might wait until that's done, assuming you're plodding through them all. It was very cool in Sacred Gold to have the Pokemon all be updated (Tropius' boss stats made him so useful).

                                      Are they just going to be Gen VI stat updates with some moves or are there going to be more changes like the Water/Ice Empoleon and such where you change what you think should be different like the Drayano hacks? I really loved how that hack made almost every Pokemon usable and competent, even Furret and such.

                                      Really looking forward to further news on this!
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #94    
                                      Old May 5th, 2014 (11:36 PM).
                                      lukasz_pro's Avatar
                                      lukasz_pro lukasz_pro is offline
                                      Saiyan Prince
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2008
                                        Location: Poland,Gdańsk
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Hardy
                                        Posts: 226
                                        u will obtain pokeradar normally ? i mean same way as platinium
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #95    
                                        Old May 6th, 2014 (6:15 AM).
                                        Draknir's Avatar
                                        Draknir Draknir is offline
                                        The God of Fire
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2009
                                          Location: Johto
                                          Age: 23
                                          Nature: Quiet
                                          Posts: 121
                                          Sorry, been rather busy the past almost two weeks.

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
                                          Just a small question. (Yes, I'm a noob, sorry.)

                                          Can I just put this patch onto the currently patched game? Or do I need to go and restart my current run through?
                                          You should be fine. The only possible effect of updating is that you'll see some weird stat gains on some Pokemon to compensate for their new Base Stats.

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by fidgety View Post
                                          i think there might be an issue in the critical hit script at least for challenge mode, after 40 or so turns of play (80ish attacks total) i have not seen a single one occur.
                                          That's just bad (or good, depending on how you look at it) luck on your part, to be honest. I didn't change anything in regards to Critical Hits (In fact, I don't even know how).

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by shinami View Post
                                          Holy…this was actually updated a week ago? Very cool to see a hack that's still being updated!

                                          TwitchPlaysPokemon is making me want to experience Platinum again, but of course hard hacks are more fun, and this looks to be my best bet. Really looking forward to playing this, I love when it's simple all-Pokemon and higher difficulty! However waiting for all the Pokemon to be updated is very tempting so I might wait until that's done, assuming you're plodding through them all. It was very cool in Sacred Gold to have the Pokemon all be updated (Tropius' boss stats made him so useful).

                                          Are they just going to be Gen VI stat updates with some moves or are there going to be more changes like the Water/Ice Empoleon and such where you change what you think should be different like the Drayano hacks? I really loved how that hack made almost every Pokemon usable and competent, even Furret and such.

                                          Really looking forward to further news on this!
                                          There are changes I felt were needed to Pokemon in addition to X/Y changes to moves and base stats.

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
                                          u will obtain pokeradar normally ? i mean same way as platinium
                                          No, actually. You get it in the Sandgem Pokemon Center from the old man by the counter.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #96    
                                          Old May 6th, 2014 (7:29 AM).
                                          Splash's Avatar
                                          Splash Splash is offline
                                          But nothing happened.
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2009
                                            Location: Just use an Old Rod
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Hasty
                                            Posts: 673
                                            I hope you could implement tm's becoming reusable that would make the game infinitely better
                                            __________________
                                            ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE Splash ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
                                            |VM|Flare Red Version|PM
                                            |
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #97    
                                            Old May 6th, 2014 (9:15 AM).
                                            lukasz_pro's Avatar
                                            lukasz_pro lukasz_pro is offline
                                            Saiyan Prince
                                               
                                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                                              Location: Poland,Gdańsk
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Hardy
                                              Posts: 226
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
                                              Sorry, been rather busy the past almost two weeks.





                                              No, actually. You get it in the Sandgem Pokemon Center from the old man by the counter.
                                              ty so much :D

                                              can u make Document that will have ONLY important evolution changes ? its rly hard to find it now (magmar , kadabra , seadra etc)

                                              BTW why so weird evolution metods like lvl up with kinesis ? not just by lvl up

                                              and maybe u can make some poke's able to catch at lower lvl's like lapras ? idk why but i dont like idea to catch them at high lvl , eventually i can use Pokegen
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #98    
                                              Old May 6th, 2014 (11:08 AM). Edited May 6th, 2014 by shinami.
                                              shinami shinami is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2012
                                                Gender: Female
                                                Posts: 3
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
                                                can u make Document that will have ONLY important evolution changes ? its rly hard to find it now (magmar , kadabra , seadra etc)

                                                BTW why so weird evolution metods like lvl up with kinesis ? not just by lvl up
                                                You DO know how to hold down Ctrl+F (Command+F on Mac) to search a document/webpage/anything for a word or phrase right?

                                                And probably because he wanted to make it interesting, I've never seen Kadabra and such evolve like that so it's very unique.

                                                I do have a question though: looking through the doc there are many -Ability +Ability; does that mean they were swapped? That the negative is the less possible of the two abilities? And when there's only a positive or negative, does that mean it is now the only ability or was added as a possibility?Just curious.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #99    
                                                Old May 6th, 2014 (11:58 AM).
                                                Draknir's Avatar
                                                Draknir Draknir is offline
                                                The God of Fire
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                                                  Location: Johto
                                                  Age: 23
                                                  Nature: Quiet
                                                  Posts: 121
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
                                                  ty so much :D

                                                  can u make Document that will have ONLY important evolution changes ? its rly hard to find it now (magmar , kadabra , seadra etc)

                                                  BTW why so weird evolution metods like lvl up with kinesis ? not just by lvl up

                                                  and maybe u can make some poke's able to catch at lower lvl's like lapras ? idk why but i dont like idea to catch them at high lvl , eventually i can use Pokegen
                                                  The main reason that I chose different evolution methods is that I wanted to do something different.

                                                  The reason that some Pokemon are found at high levels is that I couldn't find remotely logical places for them to be found earlier in the game, particularly with regards to Ice types

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by shinami View Post
                                                  You DO know how to hold down Ctrl+F (Command+F on Mac) to search a document/webpage/anything for a word or phrase right?

                                                  And probably because he wanted to make it interesting, I've never seen Kadabra and such evolve like that so it's very unique.

                                                  I do have a question though: looking through the doc there are many -Ability +Ability; does that mean they were swapped? That the negative is the less possible of the two abilities? And when there's only a positive or negative, does that mean it is now the only ability or was added as a possibility?Just curious.
                                                  The - on an ability means the Pokemon can no longer have it, while the + means it can have it.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #100    
                                                  Old May 7th, 2014 (6:14 AM).
                                                  fidgety fidgety is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 53
                                                    The twins on the upper part of 204 have their names messed up, it is a bunch of plusses and japanese characters with the player's name tacked onto the end.
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:37 AM.