Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 31st, 2013 (1:48 PM).
darkpokeball's Avatar
darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: In your nightmares
    Posts: 770
    Anyone here played either 999: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors or Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? Having recieved 999 recently, I can't stop playing it! At the end of my first playthrough, I got the 'Sub' ending...(i'm still curious as to who killed everyone). What are your thoughts on the game(s)? Thinking about getting either? I'm going to get VLR as soon as I get the 'True' ending of 999.

    Be sure to look into these games if you haven't already!
    __________________
    My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
    On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
    Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old August 31st, 2013 (3:30 PM).
    Aeroblast's Avatar
    Aeroblast Aeroblast is offline
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Location: Basement
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 4,211
    I played both games (or so-called visual novels), the story is nice in my opinion. I'm now waiting for the third game in the series.
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old August 31st, 2013 (11:21 PM).
    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
    Memento Mori
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 14,508
    It seems my thread was so hidden that it couldn't have been found :D
    I played both, finished both, loved both and I want the third installment as soon as possible. Hopefully Vita or PS3.
    I first found 999 because of my friend who was playing it on emulator so I decided to give it a shot and... wow. I haven't enjoyed game so much for a while.
    Then Virtue's Last Reward became free on PS+ and I immediately decided to buy PS+ and... Vita. So VLR is the sole reason why I bought Vita.
    __________________
    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
    Reply With Quote
      #4    
    Old September 1st, 2013 (7:02 PM).
    darkpokeball's Avatar
    darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
    Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
       
      Join Date: Feb 2010
      Location: In your nightmares
      Posts: 770
      Just bought VLR from the 3ds eShop, hoping to use the save back-up feature so the game-breaking glitch won't affect me too much. I'm so looking forwards to it! (And I'm also looking to buy ZE3 when it comes out.)

      Oh, and I got the True Ending in 999 today. Holy mothertrucker....my mind was blown. Jeez! I mean...I'm still processing it.
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old September 1st, 2013 (10:50 PM).
      skyluigi2's Avatar
      skyluigi2 skyluigi2 is offline
      L-let's a-go...!
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: United Kingdom
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 964
      Sadly 999 never made it to Europe... but I played Virtue's Last Reward and thought it was really interesting. Some of the endings are crazy!
      I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
      __________________


      ☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
      ☆ NNID: skyluigi
      ☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
      ☆ Let me know if you've added me!

      ☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Mario Maker, Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battlers eXperience

      ☆ Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. and Yoshi's Woolly World

      ☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

      ☆ Paired with Tsutarja


      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old September 1st, 2013 (11:07 PM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,508
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
      Sadly 999 never made it to Europe...
      That's what emulators are for =D

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
      Just bought VLR from the 3ds eShop, hoping to use the save back-up feature so the game-breaking glitch won't affect me too much.
      Game breaking glitch? There was one...?
      I had no... though my friend had one in one puzzle that was supposed to open the doors... are you talking about that one?
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old September 2nd, 2013 (12:05 AM).
      skyluigi2's Avatar
      skyluigi2 skyluigi2 is offline
      L-let's a-go...!
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: United Kingdom
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 964
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

      Game breaking glitch? There was one...?
      I had no... though my friend had one in one puzzle that was supposed to open the doors... are you talking about that one?
      In the 3DS version, apparently saving the game at certain points (I think the PEC room was one) causes the game to crash, and on restarting the game, all data will have been corrupted. Don't think there's such a thing in the PS Vita version.
      Reply With Quote
        #8    
      Old September 2nd, 2013 (7:51 PM).
      darkpokeball's Avatar
      darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
      Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Location: In your nightmares
        Posts: 770
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
        In the 3DS version, apparently saving the game at certain points (I think the PEC room was one) causes the game to crash, and on restarting the game, all data will have been corrupted. Don't think there's such a thing in the PS Vita version.
        ^Yeah, this is what I was talking about.
        ANyways, I'm being super careful and I'm ONLY saving during novel sections. I'm also using the save data back-ups, but my file hasn't corrupted yet. Anyways, I was playing it and I was thinking
        Holy beep! This game is awesome! I want to more about how the ZE3 Nonary game will play out!

        So I went ahead and googled Zero Escape 3 so I could find out what they had planned so far. Instead, I massively spoiled myself after a small portion of the article. I quickly closed it, but now I'm really hoping I forget everything I read. And the comments section...I read that too for some idiotic reason.

        Spoiler:
        TENYMOCHI IS JUNPEI?! HOLY SPOILER!


        So I think I just ruined a bit of VLR on accident. Can somebody read the below spoilers and tell me if they are significant?
        Spoiler:

        Clover/All-Ice being frozen or something
        The Nonary Game on the moon
        Sigma having a cyborg eye

        Really hoping none of it is a huge game-ruining experience.
        Reply With Quote
          #9    
        Old September 2nd, 2013 (9:22 PM).
        waveguidebuizel's Avatar
        waveguidebuizel waveguidebuizel is offline
        weirdguybuizel
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Location: rhythm heaven
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 1,037
          I LOVE this series, and am eagerly anticipating the third installment! ^-^ In 999, I also got the Submarine ending first (which is the worst ending of the six, in my opinion).

          I got the game-breaking glitch in VLR in my second path after resuming a save in the PEC Room. >_< Thank goodness it was only my second path! I hear it can also happen in the Crew Quarters. But yeah, since then, I saved only in the novel sections, even if I got horribly stuck in a certain puzzle room with no Internet to help me escape.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
          So I went ahead and googled Zero Escape 3 so I could find out what they had planned so far. Instead, I massively spoiled myself after a small portion of the article. I quickly closed it, but now I'm really hoping I forget everything I read. And the comments section...I read that too for some idiotic reason.

          Spoiler:
          TENYMOCHI IS JUNPEI?! HOLY SPOILER!


          So I think I just ruined a bit of VLR on accident. Can somebody read the below spoilers and tell me if they are significant?
          Spoiler:

          Clover/All-Ice being frozen or something
          The Nonary Game on the moon
          Sigma having a cyborg eye

          Really hoping none of it is a huge game-ruining experience.
          Awww, you saw that spoiler!? I'm sorta the same way with spoilers--I tend to tempt fate by reading just a little bit more, then boom, spoiler. D:< The spoilers in your second spoiler tag are significant in some sense. They're a bit more spoiler-y if you joined them with some other pieces of information. Also, I guess they're spoiler-y in the sense that your own theories will probably be affected by these, increasing your chances at guessing what's going on.
          __________________
          Completed Solo Runs
          Treecko: FR (3 KOs) | HG (29 KOs)
          Buizel: Pt (5 KOs)
          Reply With Quote
            #10    
          Old September 3rd, 2013 (12:43 AM).
          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
          Memento Mori
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 14,508
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
          ^Yeah, this is what I was talking about.
          ANyways, I'm being super careful and I'm ONLY saving during novel sections. I'm also using the save data back-ups, but my file hasn't corrupted yet. Anyways, I was playing it and I was thinking
          Holy beep! This game is awesome! I want to more about how the ZE3 Nonary game will play out!

          So I went ahead and googled Zero Escape 3 so I could find out what they had planned so far. Instead, I massively spoiled myself after a small portion of the article. I quickly closed it, but now I'm really hoping I forget everything I read. And the comments section...I read that too for some idiotic reason.

          Spoiler:
          TENYMOCHI IS JUNPEI?! HOLY SPOILER!


          So I think I just ruined a bit of VLR on accident. Can somebody read the below spoilers and tell me if they are significant?
          Spoiler:

          Clover/All-Ice being frozen or something
          The Nonary Game on the moon
          Sigma having a cyborg eye

          Really hoping none of it is a huge game-ruining experience.
          Ouchie... :D You pretty much spoilered yourself too much...
          Better forget it as soon as possible =D

          But on the other hand... everything might not fall into place before the "3rd" installment (which will actually be sequel to 999 and prequel to VLR :D) is released :D

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
          In the 3DS version, apparently saving the game at certain points (I think the PEC room was one) causes the game to crash, and on restarting the game, all data will have been corrupted. Don't think there's such a thing in the PS Vita version.
          Oh, that's nice =D Vita rulezzzzz =D
          Reply With Quote
            #11    
          Old September 3rd, 2013 (1:45 PM).
          darkpokeball's Avatar
          darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
          Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
             
            Join Date: Feb 2010
            Location: In your nightmares
            Posts: 770
            Anyone else hoping for Clover to be in ZE3? XD It'd be awesome if she competed in every Nonary Game held ever....of course, she'd have to somehow forget about everything that happened because she clearly says that VLR is her third Nonary game(and she had already done 2 by the end of 999)
            Reply With Quote
              #12    
            Old September 4th, 2013 (10:59 PM).
            waveguidebuizel's Avatar
            waveguidebuizel waveguidebuizel is offline
            weirdguybuizel
               
              Join Date: Aug 2007
              Location: rhythm heaven
              Age: 29
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 1,037
              It would be a stretch if Clover was in the next game, considering the story. But with what goes on in these games, you never know! I'd feel really sorry for her, though. Having to go through a Nonary Game once seems like a horrible experience, but four times? What a life!
              Reply With Quote
                #13    
              Old September 4th, 2013 (11:48 PM).
              Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
              Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
              Memento Mori
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 14,508
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by waveguidebuizel View Post
              It would be a stretch if Clover was in the next game, considering the story. But with what goes on in these games, you never know! I'd feel really sorry for her, though. Having to go through a Nonary Game once seems like a horrible experience, but four times? What a life!
              I think that's precisely why she should be there :D
              But... considering VLR's information we can presume she won't be participant.

              HUGE spoiler for those who haven't played VLR.
              Spoiler:
              We only know that participants are Junpei, Sigma (young), Phi, Luna (human one), Akane and I read something about Seven and Lotus.
              Reply With Quote
                #14    
              Old September 6th, 2013 (5:56 PM).
              darkpokeball's Avatar
              darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
              Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2010
                Location: In your nightmares
                Posts: 770
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                I think that's precisely why she should be there :D
                But... considering VLR's information we can presume she won't be participant.

                HUGE spoiler for those who haven't played VLR.
                Spoiler:
                We only know that participants are Junpei, Sigma (young), Phi, Luna (human one), Akane and I read something about Seven and Lotus.
                Participant Wishlist of ZE3:
                Spoiler:

                Junpei (I think he's been confirmed)
                Phi (Same as above)
                Clover (xD)
                Nona(Lotus's daughter. Maybe Ennea instead, Nona's twin?)
                Snake(This guy's too awesome to just be in one game)

                As for Seven? Nah, after he got his memories back, his entire arc was spilled out. Not much more to do with this character. Luna...maybe? I haven't gotten her ending yet xD. Akane...NO! Junpei spends his life searching for her. He can't complete his search until VLR! It just wouldn't make sense, given she has no motive to participate in a Nonary Game anymore.

                Who else hoping for another version of Zero III? That guy was annoying...but I loved him anyways! Also, what twist on Nonary Game do you think they'll put here? Ambidex Edition pretty much completely changed the rules, so there's nothing saying ZE3 won't do the same.
                Reply With Quote
                  #15    
                Old September 6th, 2013 (11:48 PM).
                Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                Memento Mori
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 14,508
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
                Participant Wishlist of ZE3:
                Spoiler:

                Junpei (I think he's been confirmed)
                Phi (Same as above)
                Clover (xD)
                Nona(Lotus's daughter. Maybe Ennea instead, Nona's twin?)
                Snake(This guy's too awesome to just be in one game)

                As for Seven? Nah, after he got his memories back, his entire arc was spilled out. Not much more to do with this character. Luna...maybe? I haven't gotten her ending yet xD. Akane...NO! Junpei spends his life searching for her. He can't complete his search until VLR! It just wouldn't make sense, given she has no motive to participate in a Nonary Game anymore.
                Spoiler:
                You forgot Sigma He is confirmed as Junpei and Phi =D But Junpei will probably be MC.
                And as for Snake and Lotus... as I said I read about it on creator's Twitter or something... =D
                Reply With Quote
                  #16    
                Old September 9th, 2013 (4:27 PM). Edited September 9th, 2013 by darkpokeball.
                darkpokeball's Avatar
                darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
                Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2010
                  Location: In your nightmares
                  Posts: 770
                  Just got the true ending on VLR. Geez...that...was...mind-blowing. And it's on a much bigger scale than 999 was!

                  Just got the true ending in VLR. Holy...cow! In 999, the twist was also shocking, but this time, it's waaaay higher stakes. The cliffhanger at the end...
                  I need ZE3...now.
                  *UPDATED* Participant Wishlist:
                  Spoiler:

                  Luna(Human. I think her name is Diana?)
                  Sigma
                  Phi
                  Junpei(Confirmed, as with Sigma and Phi)
                  Snake(An interview said he's bringing one classic character back. I hope it's Snake! Plus, he was wearing a Free The Soul robe near the end of 999. That's gotta come back up!)
                  Player(A lot of people are speculating that this is Kyle somehow. I hope it's not. I want somebody new; somebody fresh. Sombody that has no idea what they're getting themselves into.)
                  The remaining 3 might as well be new characters as well, with ties to the chars from VLR and 999. Maybe a SOIS agent?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #17    
                  Old September 9th, 2013 (5:47 PM).
                  machomuu's Avatar
                  machomuu machomuu is offline
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2008
                  Location: Americalanavania
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 10,317
                  I actually remember saving in the PEC room and turning out fine. It definitely happened, because IIRC that room took me a few hours to do.

                  But I'm glad to see that there's so much Zero Escape love, it's a pretty underground series despite the critical acclaim, and that's sad, because the games are incredible.

                  Speaking of incredible, Zero Jr. is amazing. I love every moment he's on screen, and his English VA does an incredible job with his voicing and his puns. I know there are other great characters and other great voice actors (like Laura Bailey and Liam O'Brien), but this character in particular was loud, audacious, and is just a plain joy. I dunno, I love Zero Jr. He's not my favorite character, but he easily had my favorite performance.

                  Endgame/Postgame spoilers for VLR
                  Spoiler:
                  I doubt that the player will be Kyle, or even Sigma for that matter. Heck, not even Junpei. It *might* be Phi, but if I had to guess, it's going to be the person in the postgame VLR.
                  __________________
                  Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


                  I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old September 9th, 2013 (11:38 PM).
                  Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                  Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                  Memento Mori
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 14,508
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
                  Spoiler:

                  Luna(Human. I think her name is Diana?)
                  Sigma
                  Phi
                  Junpei(Confirmed, as with Sigma and Phi)
                  Snake(An interview said he's bringing one classic character back. I hope it's Snake! Plus, he was wearing a Free The Soul robe near the end of 999. That's gotta come back up!)
                  Player(A lot of people are speculating that this is Kyle somehow. I hope it's not. I want somebody new; somebody fresh. Sombody that has no idea what they're getting themselves into.)
                  The remaining 3 might as well be new characters as well, with ties to the chars from VLR and 999. Maybe a SOIS agent?
                  Spoiler:
                  Player is player =D It's not Kyle =D
                  But that was just hint of 3rd installment =D


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                  I know there are other great characters and other great voice actors
                  I agree! Mamiko Nono and Tamara Yukari were the most awesome =)

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                  Endgame/Postgame spoilers for VLR
                  Spoiler:
                  I doubt that the player will be Kyle, or even Sigma for that matter. Heck, not even Junpei. It *might* be Phi, but if I had to guess, it's going to be the person in the postgame VLR.
                  Spoiler:
                  Most likely we'll be playing as Junpei and we'll be witnessing Phi's and Sigma's attempt to save the world
                  Reply With Quote
                    #19    
                  Old September 10th, 2013 (2:25 PM).
                  darkpokeball's Avatar
                  darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
                  Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2010
                    Location: In your nightmares
                    Posts: 770
                    It's kind of hard to talk about Zero Escape without a spoiler getting involved xD
                    There's just so many twists that the story takes...
                    Anyways, if you were to rank your characters from least to favorite, what would you get? For me:
                    999/Classic Cast
                    Santa > Snake > Akane > Clover > Junpei > Ace > Lotus > Seven > 9th Man
                    VLR/New Cast
                    Phi > Luna > Sigma > K > Clover > Tennymouchi > Alice > Dio > Quark

                    How about you guys?
                    Spoiler:
                    Why the heck did Akane not get Junpei involved in the project to save the world?! It's been established that Junpei is a powerful esper, and he could help Sigma and Phi in the Mars Mission. But the AB game was to send Phi and Sigma back...why not send Junpei/Tennymouji back as well?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #20    
                    Old September 11th, 2013 (12:12 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,508
                    Yotsuba always for me :D
                    Hard to do a ranking... well... I'll try.

                    999: Yotsuba - Junpei - Santa - Akane - Snake - Lotus - Seven - Ace - Kubota

                    VLR: Yotsuba - Phi - Luna - Sigma - Alice - Tenmyouji - K - Quark - Dio
                    Reply With Quote
                      #21    
                    Old September 16th, 2013 (6:36 PM).
                    darkpokeball's Avatar
                    darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
                    Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Location: In your nightmares
                      Posts: 770
                      I hope that we get to hear the voices of the classic cast...
                      Hearing June's voice at the end of VLR was awesome! Now I want to know how the rest sound and how close they were to how I thought they sounded.
                      ...
                      Did any of that make sense?
                      Reply With Quote
                      Reply

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:02 PM.