• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Salutations, I'm Drake

Years
So, I'm new here... but not really?

I had an account here previously, but I remember nothing at all about my old stuff, and when I attempted to recover it, it seems that someone else started using it? It told me that the email I used back then wasn't the one linked to my account, and that was literally the only thing I could think of...

But yeah, I haven't been on this forum in like years... So, I might as well be new here. It seems that the other communities I was a part of died off while I was dealing with my irl problems...

But, I digress~

I'm Drake Valentine, named so because the name "Drake" is derived from the Latin "draco," meaning "dragon," which appropriately fits my love for dragons, and "Valentine" is from my love of Valentine's Day, which is based off of my love of love and all the romance and it's just wonderful!

I've been a fan of the Pokemon series for as long as I can remember, and that'll probably stay the way for the rest of my life.

Back in middle school I tried my hand at Pokehacking, and failed do to having ambitions too big for my understanding at that moment, but now, I'm gonna try my hand at it again, and what better way than with the aid and assistance of a lot of other people who started out where I once did?

So yeah, I think I've run out of things to say?

Oh, my interests include writing, acting, and speaking.
...and men.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Welcome (back) to PokéCommunity!
Man, you put quite a bit of thought into your username (as opposed to mine, which was pretty much just thrown together). I'm guessing you're also a fan of dragon Pokémon?

ROM Hacking is pretty fun, so go check out the Emulation and ROM Hacking section if you haven't already. As well as making your own hacks, you can of course play other people's.
See ya around. :)

Years
I'm guessing you're also a fan of dragon Pokémon?

You would be correct there :D

ROM Hacking is pretty fun, so go check out the Emulation and ROM Hacking section if you haven't already. As well as making your own hacks, you can of course play other people's.
See ya around. :)

I tried submitting a topic in the hack section, which was very problematic since "I am not permitted to post links to other sites," but it said something to the effect of, "This topic will be reviewed by a moderator before posting," or something like that. The reason behind it was that I was running into trouble editing my title screen's background(Fire Red's).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was gonna say Drake meaning...the rapper Drake. But maybe I just listen to too much music.

Just so you know btw, most parts of the ROM Hacking section require mods to review every thread you submit in that section before it is posted. My recommendation is to wait 24 hours after you submitted it. If nothing, be sure to contact one of the mods and ask why it wasn't approved, because chances are it hasn't. ;)

Welcome to PC, though! Sounds like you are getting things up and running here, as well as settling in. The staff in bold are always around in case you have questions about the forum, so don't you hesitate when that moment comes, okay! Have fun & see ya!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Why hello there you have been the first person I have welcomed in a while, anyway welcome to the community.

You seem like a great guy to get on with, pokemon hacking is super popular here glad you could be back with us :D

Years
I was gonna say Drake meaning...the rapper Drake. But maybe I just listen to too much music.

Just so you know btw, most parts of the ROM Hacking section require mods to review every thread you submit in that section before it is posted. My recommendation is to wait 24 hours after you submitted it. If nothing, be sure to contact one of the mods and ask why it wasn't approved, because chances are it hasn't. ;)

Welcome to PC, though! Sounds like you are getting things up and running here, as well as settling in. The staff in bold are always around in case you have questions about the forum, so don't you hesitate when that moment comes, okay! Have fun & see ya!
Haha, nah. I ain't about that life. XD
It probably wasn't approved. It was brought up that there was a simple question section that I should've referenced first.
Yeah, I'm trying :D And I'll be sure to ask around.

Why hello there you have been the first person I have welcomed in a while, anyway welcome to the community.

You seem like a great guy to get on with, pokemon hacking is super popular here glad you could be back with us :D
I'm honored. :D Thanks for the welcome!
Yeah, i'm happy to be back too :D

Welcome back to PokeCommunity.

Thanks, I'm feeling the welcome :D

Last edited:
Years
PC's Emulation board is huge and very well-known amongst Pokemon hackers so stopping by here was a great choice. I know things will probably be a little complicated at first.. after all, our hacking board's enormous and has tons of resources. It's fine if you get lost! You can utilize the hacking simple questions thread if you have a little question to ask or can't find a specific tutorial, so that's a nice way to get started. I don't hack so I probably can't help you along, but I'd love to assist you for pretty much anything else, like looking for proper places to post and the like. n~n Don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

Anyways, have you been having fun so far?! I see you've already been posting around and all that jazz; guess that means things are going well. If you're looking for one of those first special buddies you can send me a friend request or leave a message on my profile so we can chat. Soo.. have a great time here!

Years
PC's Emulation board is huge and very well-known amongst Pokemon hackers so stopping by here was a great choice. I know things will probably be a little complicated at first.. after all, our hacking board's enormous and has tons of resources. It's fine if you get lost! You can utilize the hacking simple questions thread if you have a little question to ask or can't find a specific tutorial, so that's a nice way to get started. I don't hack so I probably can't help you along, but I'd love to assist you for pretty much anything else, like looking for proper places to post and the like. n~n Don't hesitate to contact me anytime.
Yeah, I- more or less- saw the error of my ways and have been scouring various threads and such to aid me in my hack. Unfortunately, I still haven't quite gotten the trick down for this particular part of my hack.... A friend of mine suggested I go for RPG Maker with Pokemon Essentials, but I'm gonna look around more. On a side note, I find it hilarious that I can't even quote links... XD

Anyways, have you been having fun so far?! I see you've already been posting around and all that jazz; guess that means things are going well. If you're looking for one of those first special buddies you can send me a friend request or leave a message on my profile so we can chat. Soo.. have a great time here!
Everyone here is so kind! I love it already!

Back