Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Draconius GO

Old September 17th, 2013 (4:08 AM).
    TCGO:

So i was just talking about double battles in a thread somewhere else, and i thought of an interesting idea. Its a basic doubles battle where both players share bench space, but in this case, the teammates can use each other's abilities. This would open up the game for really interesting combos. One player could play an aggressive deck while the other one supports it.

One player could focus on Blastoise/Keldeo Ex and the other player could be Articuno Ex/Electrode with magnetic draw. Both players could go straight into attacking as soon as blastoise gets set up and electrode could help blastoise get set up. At the same time both players could have really good consistency for their respected part in the team, making games really interesting and fast pace.

Generally decks might be very similar in build as they are now, just be filled with weird pokemon combinations. But at the same time, it would open up the game for amazing combos that just aren't possible within one deck.

I really want to try this out now.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 17th, 2013 (7:38 AM).
    dabbadeedabadai
      TCGO:

Nature: Quiet
      I've thought a lot about double battles as well. The main problem I've seen is if you had two players on each side, someone has to go last. Meaning two players on a single team can target that last player, giving them potential to donk them before the last players turn is reached. Then it's two on one, which is a bit unfair.

You'd need to enforce a few other rules as well; for example does Absol do damage for the entire other sides bench, or just for the player you target? And if both players played Deoxys EX, wouldn't that be a bit ridiculous to get a +60 boost before things like Bangle and Laser?

But yeah, it's always seemed like it would be really fun. It can also potentially be done 1v1, where each player has two active and a bench of four.
      Old September 17th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
        TCGO:

The thing is they would share a bench space. Meaning 1 active for each player and 4 bench total between 2 players. Also it would most likely be something like each team cannot have more than 4 of the same pokemon.
        Old September 17th, 2013 (7:59 PM).
        Straight Outta Compton
        • Silver Tier
        TCGO:

Nature: Gentle
        love team battles me and my teammate NEVER lose. his crobat does 40 damage with poison which does 50 in between turns and gives me time to power up my giratina with shadow claw.
        Old September 23rd, 2013 (7:19 PM).
        • Crystal Tier
        TCGO: donavannj

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Profen View Post
        The thing is they would share a bench space. Meaning 1 active for each player and 4 bench total between 2 players. Also it would most likely be something like each team cannot have more than 4 of the same pokemon.
        This might just be crazy enough to work. I seem to remember you posting about this before. Anything you've changed at all since then?

Quick Reply