Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 18th, 2013 (1:17 PM). Edited October 26th, 2013 by Esper.
Gfx's Avatar
Gfx Gfx is offline
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Buried in my Computer
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 144
    If you need any help with Homework or anything school-related, post here.

    Please remember, everyone. Helping does not mean giving them the answers. It means giving them the steps, or tricks to solve the problem and walk them through it.

    PC Professors
    These people are people who show their helpfulness in the section and are normally well-rounded in all topics. There are two ways you can get this rank. You can either be selected by me to receive the rank, after showing a lot of activity and help in this section. Or you can apply.

    Application Format:
    Name:
    Age:
    Grade Level:
    Specialty Subjects:
    Why do you want to be a PC Professor?:

    Current PC Professors:
    Silais - Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology
    Meganium90 - English, Science (Biology), Computers & Technology, Spanish.
    Curious. - English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health & Human Development
    Plumpyfoof - Music theory and composition, audio engineering, sound production, and physics
    Razor Leaf - Biology (particularly molecular and cellular), chemistry and some maths
    JNathan - French, English
    synerjee - English, Biology, Psychology and very basic Japanese
    Magic Christmas Lights - Psychology, especially social psychology
    flegz - Maths, physics
    Clemstar - Advanced English, Advanced Mathematics, Ancient History, Legal Studies and Business Studies
    __________________
    Completed Challenges:
    Randomized Pokemon Challenge
    Solo Run - Alakazam

    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 30th, 2013 (3:56 PM).
    Danny0317's Avatar
    Danny0317 Danny0317 is offline
    Fluorite's back, brah
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Location: Miami, FL
    Age: 17
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 1,075
    I hope I can still respond to this. I'm in 8th grade in gifted language arts, and I'm having trouble with something we're doing called the Pee chain. My teacher last year barely explained it, so I'm having trouble with it this year. In my class, we recently watched a Batman movie and are now doing some assignments on it and the teacher posted on the website "Activity 1.9 Write an expository essay (intro, body, conclusion) about your understanding of the hero's archetype
    do not write a summary of the movie - it will be counted as off topic
    follow the PEE CHAIN strategy
    Body 1 - Stage 1
    Body 2 - Stage 2
    Body 3 - Stage 3"

    I get all the archetype and other things, but I'm completely lost in the Pee chain. Can anyone explain to me how it works?
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old September 30th, 2013 (4:14 PM).
    Silais's Avatar
    Silais Silais is offline
    That useless reptile
       
      Join Date: Jul 2013
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 297
      I guess I'll apply :D

      Name: Silais (Dee in real life)
      Age: 19
      Grade Level: Sophomore in college
      Specialty Subjects: Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology
      Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I'm a double major in CJUS and PSYCH and am in my second year of college. I am looking into an internship at the Star Academy in South Dakota, which is a juvenile detention and rehabilitation center. I have taken six CJUS classes and two PSYCH classes so far in my college career. I am also minoring in Sociology but have not yet taken any Sociology classes.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old September 30th, 2013 (5:36 PM).
      Kanzler's Avatar
      Kanzler Kanzler is offline
      naughty biscotti
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Toronto
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 5,873
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel View Post
      I hope I can still respond to this. I'm in 8th grade in gifted language arts, and I'm having trouble with something we're doing called the Pee chain. My teacher last year barely explained it, so I'm having trouble with it this year. In my class, we recently watched a Batman movie and are now doing some assignments on it and the teacher posted on the website "Activity 1.9 Write an expository essay (intro, body, conclusion) about your understanding of the hero's archetype
      do not write a summary of the movie - it will be counted as off topic
      follow the PEE CHAIN strategy
      Body 1 - Stage 1
      Body 2 - Stage 2
      Body 3 - Stage 3"

      I get all the archetype and other things, but I'm completely lost in the Pee chain. Can anyone explain to me how it works?
      Ooh acronyms, fancy! I did a quick google on PEE chains and it comes out as:
      1. P - Point
      2. E - Evidence
      3. E - Explain

      I wasn't instructed this way in particular, but I do see the logic behind it and I'll give you my take.
      • Point - this is the argument that you are trying to make. It's a stance and the main idea. If you don't have a point, then you're not arguing anything. The most basic example is: Batman is ______ because of ______. It's very important to make this clear, because the rest of the paragraph is built around this section.
      • Evidence - this is what you use to justify your argument. If you don't have evidence, then why should the reader believe what you have to say? You'll probably take something the hero says or does, or something another character says about him or does to him, or perhaps how the director tried to portray him with costume or music. Whatever the case may be, you'll talk about something about the character, and it will support your argument, try to prove it.
      • Explain - this is the meat, the material, the thought process and the smart stuff. You explain (lol i guess) how your evidence is relevant to your point. You have your point and you have your evidence, but what's the relationship between them? This is the "because" or the "so what" section. This is where you're doing, I suppose, the arguing.

      Although the format is presented in three discrete parts, ideally you'd have some flow going on, linking the point and evidence and explain through transitioning sentences and words such as:

      For this reason, because, although, furthermore, etc. etc. I'm sure you've gotten/will get a worksheet on this, and you can always look online for resources. Finally, you'll also have a conclusion as well, that's always good as it makes your point clear and helps structure the paragraph because it will "read" like an ending.

      I was taught GERRC paragraphs (Generalization, Elaboration, Reference, Reference, Conclusion). It's essentially the same thing, but there are important lessons to be drawn:
      • Having both a Generalization and Elaboration makes for a stronger introduction. The generalization is the first sentence that explains "what" you will argue, plain and simple. The Elaboration expands on that, gives more detail, and can answer "why" or "how" you will argue something. Personally, I like that better than just putting all of that under a Point umbrella because you're being more clear and having a better flow - it's a smooth transition from general to more specific points (ie, your evidence and explanations).
      • I like how the PEE method has both an Evidence and Explanation section, because in GERRC it's just lumped together under Reference (two references because ideally you need more than one piece of evidence). It makes it clear that you have to argue for the evidence - because a lot of the time people screw up by just presenting the evidence without saying anything about it, then it's just left hanging, eh? It's a subtle difference, but very important because you as the writer are going to take the Evidence you present to its potential by giving a good Explanation.

      I hope this helps you out! PEE is just a well thought-out format of presenting your writing. Just remember and understand how the structure works and why it's PEE and you'll be well on your way. Feel free to ask more questions! It'll help me as much as it'll help you
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old September 30th, 2013 (5:39 PM).
      Danny0317's Avatar
      Danny0317 Danny0317 is offline
      Fluorite's back, brah
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jun 2013
      Location: Miami, FL
      Age: 17
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 1,075
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
      Ooh acronyms, fancy! I did a quick google on PEE chains and it comes out as:
      1. P - Point
      2. E - Evidence
      3. E - Explain

      I wasn't instructed this way in particular, but I do see the logic behind it and I'll give you my take.

      Point - this is the argument that you are trying to make. It's a stance and the main idea. If you don't have a point, then you're not arguing anything. The most basic example is: Batman is ______ because of ______. It's very important to make this clear, because the rest of the paragraph is built around this section.

      Evidence - this is what you use to justify your argument. If you don't have evidence, then why should the reader believe what you have to say? You'll probably take something the hero says or does, or something another character says about him or does to him, or perhaps how the director tried to portray him with costume or music. Whatever the case may be, you'll talk about something about the character, and it will support your argument, try to prove it.

      Explain - this is the meat, the material, the thought process and the smart stuff. You explain (lol i guess) how your evidence is relevant to your point. You have your point and you have your evidence, but what's the relationship between them? This is the "because" or the "so what" section. This is where you're doing, I suppose, the arguing.

      Although the format is presented in three discrete parts, ideally you'd have some flow going on, linking the point and evidence and explain through transitioning sentences and words such as:

      For this reason, because, although, furthermore, etc. etc. I'm sure you've gotten/will get a worksheet on this, and you can always look online for resources. Finally, you'll also have a conclusion as well, that's always good as it makes your point clear and helps structure the paragraph because it will "read" like an ending.

      I was taught GERRC paragraphs (Generalization, Elaboration, Reference, Reference, Conclusion). It's essentially the same thing, but there are important lessons to be drawn:

      1. Having both a Generalization and Elaboration makes for a stronger introduction. The generalization is the first sentence that explains "what" you will argue, plain and simple. The Elaboration expands on that, gives more detail, and can answer "why" or "how" you will argue something. Personally, I like that better than just putting that under a Point umbrella because you're being more clear and having a better flow - it's a smooth transition from general to more specific points (ie, your evidence and explanations).

      2. I like how the PEE method has both an Evidence and Explanation section, because in GERRC it's just lumped together under Reference (two references because ideally you need more than one piece of evidence). It makes it clear that you have to argue for the evidence - because a lot of the time people screw up by just presenting the evidence without saying anything about it, then it's just left hanging, eh? It's a subtle difference, but very important because you as the writer are going to take the Evidence you present to its potential by giving a good Explanation.

      I hope this helps you out! PEE is just a well thought-out format of presenting your writing. Just remember and understand how the structure works and why it's PEE and you'll be well on your way. Feel free to ask more questions! It'll help me as much as it'll help you
      Ah I see. I wasn't sure about the evidence and explain parts. Thank you this will really help me on this project I'm working on due in a while. And also isn't this just another way of writing a CER used in science?
      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old September 30th, 2013 (5:43 PM).
      Kanzler's Avatar
      Kanzler Kanzler is offline
      naughty biscotti
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Toronto
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 5,873
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel View Post
      Ah I see. I wasn't sure about the evidence and explain parts. Thank you this will really help me on this project I'm working on due in a while. And also isn't this just another way of writing a CER used in science?
      Ooh, super fast response! CER = Claim/Point, Evidence/Evidence, Reasoning/Explanation? Sounds good to me. Yep, I guess it's the universal method of stating and proving/supporting a point.
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old September 30th, 2013 (10:49 PM).
      Meganium's Avatar
      Meganium Meganium is offline
      git gud or get r e k t
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Location: Galveston, TX
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 16,948
      bis encouraged me to apply for a professor position. :3

      Name: Megan
      Age: 22 3/4
      Grade Level: That doesn't exist for me anymore lmao. but I guess post-grad? College Super Senior? I only have a cert in IT. xD
      Specialty Subjects: English, Science (Biology mostly, took AP Bio in high school and I remember the material clearly), Computers & Technology, Spanish.
      Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: At the moment I am majoring in IT (for a higher degree) and I'm minoring in English. I took every English class out there at my college, and I only need one more class to complete my minor requirements. My cert. in IT allows me to at least help anyone who needs help getting through some tech classes. And then there's Spanish. I'm a native Spanish speaker, so I can help out anyone who has any trouble with their Spanish homework. But I warn ya, I have a long "terms and conditions" thingy in regards to translations! xD
      __________________

      discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
      I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
      Reply With Quote
        #8    
      Old September 30th, 2013 (11:01 PM).
      curiousnathan's Avatar
      curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Australia
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 7,828
      Name: Nathan
      Age: Don't display publicly.
      Grade Level: Year 11 (But am studying a yer 12 subject.)
      Specialty Subjects: English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health & Human Development.
      Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: If I can help someone out by sharing some of my knowledge and understanding then wynaut? Plus, I've always been interested in teaching and am considering it as a career- aside from my wish to become a doctor or medicinal researcher/chemist -when I'm in my senior years. c:
      __________________
      Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
      Reply With Quote
        #9    
      Old October 1st, 2013 (4:51 AM).
      Plumpyfoof's Avatar
      Plumpyfoof Plumpyfoof is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Location: Melbourne, Australia
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 916
        Alright here we go.

        Name: Norah
        Age: 19
        Grade Level: 2nd year University Audio and Sound production, Grade 6 music theory, post year 12 theoretical Physics (anything after my VCE was recreational)
        Specialty Subjects: Music theory and composition, audio engineering, sound production, and physics.
        Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I want to educate, I like to help people succeed academically. I don't necessarily want the title I just want peeps to know I'm here and willing to help.
        Reply With Quote
          #10    
        Old October 19th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
        Nihilego's Avatar
        Nihilego Nihilego is online now
        ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト
        • Administrator
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 8,764
        'sup.

        Name: Razor Leaf or any variation on this that you like.
        Age: 19.
        Grade Level: Undergraduate at uni, 2nd year Medical Biochemistry. I assume that's what's meant here, anyway.
        Specialty Subjects: Biology (particularly molecular and cellular, but that's probably unnecessarily specific for the purposes of this post d:), chemistry and some maths.
        Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I like using what I know to help people out, I guess!
        __________________
        s͎̭̚ ̪ͭͩy͔͚̰̻̗̩̺ͣ́ͨ̌͡ ̩̳̙̖̖̺͡m̷̱̘͎̝̘̣͒͌͒̚ ͇͖̔̐̔b̝̪͚̞̦ͬ ̢͔̱̟̞̝͙̮͌̅̈̓̿̿i͐̈̃͊ͯ̎҉̟̠͓ ͕̥̣̪̠̃͑͞ỏ̵͕̠̱̬̬̞͛̋ ̨͈̻̱̟̱͓̪n͒̒͂͊̀ ̻̰̰̜̅̃͒̂͞tͭ̍̈́ ͙͇̘͕͍̜̖ͫ̌̊̿ͫ̂̀:̵̾͒̔͂ ̟͉̜̽͒͌͜p͎͇͎̦̺̙͒͆͋́ͅ ̨̠̠̘͚͖̺ͫ͛̎̉a̲͍̫͖͗̄ ͓͖͍̯̤̼͙̿̆̂̂̄r̬̟̮͖̥̼̆̓͑̃̾ͬ̉͟ͅ ̬̼̗͊͛a̛̯̮ ̮̬͍̙̮̤́ͪŝ͊ͬ̒̎̃ ̧̝̮͎͙͆̓ì͈̹̻̱̾͝ ̘͉͕̭̊ͤ̉̓tͩͯ̉̐ͨͬ̚͏̻̺̖̮ ̞̘͂̋̋ͯ͑ͦ͗e̞͔̎̇ͫ͊͗
        Reply With Quote
          #11    
        Old October 19th, 2013 (1:12 PM).
        Nathan's Avatar
        Nathan Nathan is offline
        Blade of Justice
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Earth
        Age: 19
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 4,067
        Name: Nathan
        Age: 16
        Grade Level: Grade 11
        Specialty Subjects: French, English.
        Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I like helping out I guess.
        __________________
        || ||
        Reply With Quote
          #12    
        Old October 20th, 2013 (12:12 AM).
        Synerjee's Avatar
        Synerjee Synerjee is offline
        Atra du evarinya ono varda.
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2012
        Location: Everywhere and anywhere.
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 2,915
        Name: synerjee/Amanda

        Age: 19

        Grade Level: Currently studying first year Psychology undergraduate course at uni.

        Specialty Subjects: English, Biology, Psychology and basic Japanese. (mind you, very basic Japanese.)

        Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: Helping others has always been my passion. I want to reach out to others in any way possible, so why not through here? Language has always been one of my strong points and I have always had a love for Biology and Psych, and I would like to benefit others with what I have. :D
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #13    
        Old October 20th, 2013 (7:05 AM).
        Magic Christmas Lights's Avatar
        Magic Christmas Lights Magic Christmas Lights is offline
        Magic Manic
           
          Join Date: Feb 2013
          Location: DETROIT
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 293
          Name: Neon or Magic Christmas Lights
          Age: 22
          Grade Level: Fifth year psychology undergrad.
          Specialty Subjects: PSYCHOLOGY, especially social psychology.
          Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I live to be of service. I don't get to apply my knowledge very often and this could be the place where I finally get to!
          Reply With Quote
            #14    
          Old October 26th, 2013 (3:44 AM). Edited June 11th, 2014 by flegz.
          flegz's Avatar
          flegz flegz is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2012
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 13
            Name: Flegz
            Age: 19
            Grade Level: Studying Aerospace engineering (Bsc)
            Specialty Subjects: Maths, physics
            Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I enjoy helping people and I love education.
            __________________

            FC: 5258-0025-4430
            Reply With Quote
              #15    
            Old October 26th, 2013 (4:24 AM).
            Clemstar's Avatar
            Clemstar Clemstar is offline
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Australia
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 210
              Name: Clemstar (Ben)
              Age: Seventeen
              Grade Level: Year 11
              Specialty Subjects: Advanced English, Advanced Mathematics, Ancient History, Legal Studies and Business Studies
              Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: Like others have said above me, I don't often feel as if I get to apply my knowledge to anything very often outside of the classroom. I feel as though I could maybe apply this knowledge by helping others. Besides, I actually really like helping people with their homework!
              __________________
              3DS Friend Code- 1375 - 8306 - 7472
              Reply With Quote
                #16    
              Old November 23rd, 2013 (1:16 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2013 by flegz.
              flegz's Avatar
              flegz flegz is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2012
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 13
                I have a dynamics question I have been struggling with for a while now and I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out a bit.



                The motion of the peg P is constrained by the lemniscate curved slot in OB and by the slotted arm OA. If OA rotates counterclockwise with an angular velocity of , where t is in seconds, determine the magnitudes of the velocity and acceleration of peg P at θ=30°. When t = 0, θ=0.

                The first thing I did, was both deriving and integrating θ ̇:



                can be written as . By deriving and double deriving the equation for r, I got that:



                My next step was using integration to find the time t when θ=30° (pi/6 radians).



                By filling in this t in the equations above, I got that:



                The equation for the v-vector is given as:



                This is a 2D problem, so the magnitude of the velocity should be:



                According to the answer sheet, this answer is correct. Now I have to find the magnitude of the acceleration a, which is where I'm having problems. The acceleration is given as:


                Again, this is a 2D problem, so the acceleration should be:



                This is not the correct answer, according to the answer sheets. The answer should be .

                Anyone sees what I'm doing wrong?
                Reply With Quote
                  #17    
                Old November 23rd, 2013 (2:14 PM).
                Sopheria's Avatar
                Sopheria Sopheria is offline
                響け〜 響け!
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2013
                Location: 深き海の彼方
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 4,915
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by flegz View Post
                Your second derivative of r definitely isn't right. Particularly the first term. I haven't done the whole math out, but you should re-check your math here. Specifically, how did you get the 4-theta term inside the cosine? I don't think there's any way for that to come about unless it was a mistake.
                __________________
                Paired with Dragon and Koakuma

                Reply With Quote
                  #18    
                Old November 23rd, 2013 (3:00 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2013 by flegz.
                flegz's Avatar
                flegz flegz is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 13
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by zomgitscathy View Post
                  Your second derivative of r definitely isn't right. Particularly the first term. I haven't done the whole math out, but you should re-check your math here. Specifically, how did you get the 4-theta term inside the cosine? I don't think there's any way for that to come about unless it was a mistake.
                  I was already doubting that double derivation, but according to Wolfram, it's correct: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=derive+%28-2sin%282x%29%2F%28sqrt%28cos%282x%29%29%29


                  EDIT:

                  I fixed the equation for the acceleration, as I noted that one down incorrectly, but it still doesn't give me the right answer.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #19    
                  Old November 23rd, 2013 (3:51 PM).
                  Sopheria's Avatar
                  Sopheria Sopheria is offline
                  響け〜 響け!
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                  Location: 深き海の彼方
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 4,915
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by flegz View Post
                  I was already doubting that double derivation, but according to Wolfram, it's correct: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=derive+%28-2sin%282x%29%2F%28sqrt%28cos%282x%29%29%29


                  EDIT:

                  I fixed the equation for the acceleration, as I noted that one down incorrectly, but it still doesn't give me the right answer.
                  Shoot...I thought for sure that was it. Everything else looks correct. My guess is you must have made an arithmetic error somewhere...
                  Reply With Quote
                    #20    
                  Old November 24th, 2013 (2:31 AM). Edited November 24th, 2013 by flegz.
                  flegz's Avatar
                  flegz flegz is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2012
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 13
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by zomgitscathy View Post
                    Shoot...I thought for sure that was it. Everything else looks correct. My guess is you must have made an arithmetic error somewhere...
                    After a good night's sleep, I looked back at the problem, and turns out the double derivation was wrong after all! From now on, I'll stop relying too much on Wolfram lol.

                    I worked it out like this:



                    **39,1m/s^2, not m/s lol
                    Reply With Quote
                      #21    
                    Old December 16th, 2013 (2:57 PM).
                    Silais's Avatar
                    Silais Silais is offline
                    That useless reptile
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 297
                      Can you guys help me with a couple of logic tree problems?

                      1. Is ∀x(ƎyBy → Bx) logically equivalent to ƎyBy → ∀xBx?

                      2. Is this argument valid or invalid?

                      ∀x(Px → Wx)
                      Ǝy(Wy Λ Ny)
                      ∀x(Nx → Rx)
                      _______________
                      Ǝy(Py Λ Ry)

                      3. Is this valid or invalid?

                      ∀x∀y (Rxy → ¬Ryx)
                      _______________
                      ∀x¬Rxx
                      Reply With Quote
                        #22    
                      Old January 9th, 2014 (4:46 AM).
                      Banned's Avatar
                      Banned Banned is offline
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2013
                      Age: 25
                      Posts: 418
                      If application is still open for this, I'd like to apply.

                      Name: berlyda
                      Age: 21
                      Grade Level: 4th year at university (I think the US equivalent is senior at college?) studying mathematics
                      Specialty Subjects: Mathematics, German (more or less fluent), physics, philosophy, linguistics, chemistry
                      Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I love helping people and spreading knowledge

                      (If my application is approved I can help you with your question, Silais, although I don't suppose it's any use to you anymore )
                      __________________
                      My friend code is 1547-5175-7641; feel free to add me! Send me a message with yours and I'll add you back.

                      Reply With Quote
                        #23    
                      Old January 28th, 2014 (8:41 AM).
                      Hatsune Mika's Avatar
                      Hatsune Mika Hatsune Mika is offline
                      FireRed Nuzlocke
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2013
                        Location: Abyssal Ruins
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 451
                        I should of seen this earlier.... I am terrible at algebra 2..... especially at finding zeros with polynomials and fraction stuff... and I am trying to learn Japanese... not exactly helpful in school but ig it could help with something weird popping up in technology.

                        in math.... describing the end behaviour of the function [P(x) =x^3+6x^2+5x-12] what is the end behaviour?
                        __________________
                        FC: 4528-0285-6218
                        Omega Ruby!
                        Team for Omega Ruby:
                        Blaziken, Primal Groudon, Diancie, Mightyena, Rayquaza

                        Walking down the path I know. Banning Pokémon just because you don't know how to beat them is just plain wrong. It's like banning alcohol because it makes ugly people pretty.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #24    
                        Old January 29th, 2014 (11:00 AM).
                        Aeroblast's Avatar
                        Aeroblast Aeroblast is offline
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2013
                        Location: Basement
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 4,211
                        It's a cubic function (odd powered), which means the ends go off in opposite directions.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #25    
                        Old January 29th, 2014 (12:02 PM).
                        Hatsune Mika's Avatar
                        Hatsune Mika Hatsune Mika is offline
                        FireRed Nuzlocke
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2013
                          Location: Abyssal Ruins
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 451
                          Oh, thank you, just have a lot of trouble with math nowadays :/ It's become complicated and clear as mud to me.
                          Reply With Quote
                          Reply
                          Quick Reply

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 AM.