Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old October 17th, 2013 (7:08 PM).

Nature: Calm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by X-Calem View Post
    The time when we need hackers to "crack open" the game and see what secrets lie in store in the games data.
    I think I might agree with this.
    I don't think a completely new region unlikely. SoulSilver and Heartgold spanned two regions, so they are capable. Because I think in those games the Kanto side was rather rushed, I personally view it as just an experiment.

Also a technology I have seen used quite often lately, is to already add content we have no access to, or even way of knowing it's there.
    What I mean is, instead of DLC, the new region might already be in the game.
    We simply can't go there yet. The only thing they would have to do is, for example, to make a train go in Couriway Town, which can be activated without any DLC at all.

Just my thoughts and a very broad hypothesis with low accuracy.
    So don't take my words for granted, I just wanted to inform you of this option.
    [Lord Summerisle:] "Now, those children out there, they're jumping through the flames in the hope that the god of the fire will make them fruitful. Really, you can't blame them. After all, what girl would not prefer the child of a god to that of some acne-scarred artisan?"

[Sergeant Howie:] "And you encourage them in this?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Actively! It's most important to teach new generation born of Summerisle be made aware that here the old gods aren't dead."

[Sergeant Howie:]"And what of the true God? To whose glory churches and monasteries have been built on these islands for generations past? Now what of Him?"

[Lord Summerisle:]"Oh, He's dead. He can't complain. He had his chance and in modern parlance. Blew it."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Lord Summerisle:]“And the ministers fled the island never to return. What my grandfather started out of expediency, my father continued out of love. He brought me up the same way: to reverence the music, and the drama, and the rituals of the old gods; to love nature and to fear it, and to rely on it and to appease it when necessary. He brought me up —”

[Sergeant Howie:]“He brought you up to be a pagan!”

[Lord Summerisle:]“A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one.”

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 17th, 2013 (7:19 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PokéLoco View Post
      I don't think a completely new region unlikely. SoulSilver and Heartgold spanned two regions, so they are capable. Because I think in those games the Kanto side was rather rushed, I personally view it as just an experiment.

Also a technology I have seen used quite often lately, is to already add content we have no access to, or even way of knowing it's there.
      We simply can't go there yet. The only thing they would have to do is, for example, to make a train go in Couriway Town, which can be activated without any DLC at all.

It would be cool if they give use other Train pass
      Old October 17th, 2013 (7:46 PM).

If you look at the map of kalos that was released we do see a railway at around the area that couriway town is, the fact that they included it on that map suggests to me that it will be used at some stage
        Old October 17th, 2013 (7:57 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
          The story for this one is long and the region itself is the largest region we've had in a while, both pokedex and size wise.
          I don't know about G4 or G5, but I digress. The length of the story, depth of the story, and the size of the content in X/Y is far smaller than what we had in G1, G2, and G3. There is little to explore and the facilities/dungeons are small and lacking complexity. Not too long ago I picked up Fire Red and it took me nearly 50 hours to complete. There are people who are beating X/Y in approximately 25 hours or less. The ones who do some mini games on the side, such as myself, are pulling in the low to mid 30's. So no, compared to the first three generations, X/Y is nearly half the size of what we were given initially.

Also, the mini games in X/Y (while fun) are nothing more than a substitute for existing mechanics in the game that's been around for the last few generations at least. This is why, as a returning veteran to the Pokemon series after a half decade hiatus, I'm strongly hoping for some additional content.
          Old October 17th, 2013 (8:39 PM).
          SRK

Nature: Docile
            G7 is in the works, and connects to Kalos, and expands the pokemon Mythos even farther.

I hope this post is not spam, but would you guys prefer a Gen 7 with the rail road connects to the new region or a RSE remake? ... just 1 game this time. Pokemon Emerald. Game Freak owes us for the shenagians of B2W2 instead of gray. (lol)

Just an Emerald Remake.

Upgrading Pokemon
            Old October 18th, 2013 (4:29 AM).

Nature: Adamant
              The way he says 'Kalos is nice and all' makes me think that it wouldn't be something small or be wouldn't brag about this mystery region, it will be exciting finding out, but I don't think it will be released just yet, whatever it is

Pokemon Y FC - 1160-9841-1721
              Shiny Code: 3299
              Feel free to add me!
              Old October 18th, 2013 (8:23 AM).
              dabbadeedabadai

Nature: Quiet
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lavans View Post
                I don't know about G4 or G5, but I digress. The length of the story, depth of the story, and the size of the content in X/Y is far smaller than what we had in G1, G2, and G3. There is little to explore and the facilities/dungeons are small and lacking complexity. Not too long ago I picked up Fire Red and it took me nearly 50 hours to complete. There are people who are beating X/Y in approximately 25 hours or less. The ones who do some mini games on the side, such as myself, are pulling in the low to mid 30's. So no, compared to the first three generations, X/Y is nearly half the size of what we were given initially.

Also, the mini games in X/Y (while fun) are nothing more than a substitute for existing mechanics in the game that's been around for the last few generations at least. This is why, as a returning veteran to the Pokemon series after a half decade hiatus, I'm strongly hoping for some additional content.
                This easily depends on the person

I know many people who have played 20 hours in X/Y. . .and have three badges. Meanwhile, back in the day I could beat the gen II games in 17 hours (although I'll grant you that my first playthrough took around 25 hours) and gens one and three were only a little bit behind. Although I agree there is a lot missing in these games; there isn't any Pokemon Contest/Musical/Pokeathlon type of thing anywhere and the extra locations were a bit disappointing. We'll have to wait, I suppose.
                Old October 18th, 2013 (9:38 AM).

Quote:

Uh... Maybe you haven't played Gen 1 or 3 in a while... But they are certainly not longer than X/Y. Gen 2 you could stretch out because of Kanto, but it was very barren and boring anyway.
                  Old October 18th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
                  When the sun goes down...
                  • Silver Tier

I think that secret place is akin to Sinjoh Ruins and the place that is located above the Spear Pillar.
                  In other words, it's just an event location.

For trade requests and contact, please send me a message on
                  https://www.facebook.com/tachibanaadmin/
                  Old October 18th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                    Maybe Gf is getting ready for Gen VII...and this far away region will be where it takes place in. That'll be a shocker...with only two games in a generation...either that or GF plans to do something entirely new and introduce another region with new Pokémon in the same generation...that'll be unique...the data for the others could be after Zygarde in the national dex...
                    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                    Old October 18th, 2013 (11:43 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
                      Uh... Maybe you haven't played Gen 1 or 3 in a while... But they are certainly not longer than X/Y. Gen 2 you could stretch out because of Kanto, but it was very barren and boring anyway.
                      I have Emerald and Fire Red on my phone. I beat emerald in 38 hours, and beat Fire Red in 50. Not only did it take me longer while doing less side content than in X, I also found the core stories of the two to have a lot more depth than in X. Team Flare's existence and the conflict around them was shallow and abrupt.
                      Old October 18th, 2013 (12:10 PM).

Quote:
                        I have Emerald and Fire Red on my phone. I beat emerald in 38 hours, and beat Fire Red in 50. Not only did it take me longer while doing less side content than in X, I also found the core stories of the two to have a lot more depth than in X. Team Flare's existence and the conflict around them was shallow and abrupt.
                        It has taken me over 95 hours to beat Black and White before.

That doesn't mean it's longer than X & Y. It just means it took me longer to finish them.

All games are too short when they first come out, because we're all excited and play them constantly for days, or at least for much longer each day than we would normally play a game.

RE: Story, that's subjective. I find X&Y's story to be far more interesting than Kanto or Hoenn.
                        Old October 20th, 2013 (8:35 PM).
                        just another day

Nature: Quiet
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PokéLoco View Post

Maybe something will happen when they open the Pokemon Bank in a few months...

They did go for a worldwide release that was mostly successful. Maybe they'll go for a worldwide event unlock? Or something of that nature? IDK, thinking out loud here. :/
                          Old October 21st, 2013 (1:16 AM).

I think the train is probably the same case we have in Unova. If you see all those tracks it lead up to other parts! The train might simply be connected to Unova since both region seems to be closed together! (Parfum Palace Zekrom, Reshiram statue)
                            Old October 21st, 2013 (6:07 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by nick 421 View Post
                              I think the train is probably the same case we have in Unova. If you see all those tracks it lead up to other parts! The train might simply be connected to Unova since both region seems to be closed together! (Parfum Palace Zekrom, Reshiram statue)

They also say that unova used to be connected to kalos
                              Old October 23rd, 2013 (11:11 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0
                                Marriland gave meba good reason to believe there is gonna be a new region
                                Old October 23rd, 2013 (11:34 AM).
                                Expert Killer Whale

I don't think that you should check out my region guy is talking about DLC. It would be more likely for it to be a remake or new generation confirmation. Or just a troll to mess with fans haha.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (11:38 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by TheClassyOrca View Post
                                    I don't think that you should check out my region guy is talking about DLC. It would be more likely for it to be a remake or new generation confirmation. Or just a troll to mess with fans haha.
                                    Anyway it at least confirms a game that take part in another place than kalos-new region or remake/sequel to old game.
                                    Old October 23rd, 2013 (2:12 PM).
                                    Shrewd Strategist
                                    • PokéCommunity Daily
                                    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                                    I want to add something here about the region guy that I don't really see being discussed elsewhere:

I don't think he's referring to a spin-off game because he actually mentions different things about his region. The Serebii screenshot going around has him saying there's this "town" that we ought to see, but in my game he said they have a cool "facility." Facilities such as Battle Towers exist in spin-off games, but then I forgot to talk to him one day and he went back to his first saying. But instead of mentioning the facility again, he said "Our Champion is really something else!" No spin-off games have Champions because they don't have Gyms.

But what I think is really interesting is how he mentions various things to begin with. Sadly once you get the souvenir all he says is "It's not Kanto, Johto, etc." but I'm really curious as to what he said to other people.

(If this is mentioned in the Marriland video I apologize, I haven't had the opportunity to view it yet!)

"My only wish was to see you again."
                                    Daily
                                    Staff Fire Emblem Collab
                                    Old October 23rd, 2013 (2:47 PM).
                                    Guardian of Le Foret
                                    • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                    They didn't really say that they weren't doing Paid DLC. They reconfirmed that there will be absolutely no DLC content for X and Y.

There won't be any DLC at all. What we have is what we get. Only things we can get now are the undiscovered event items and Pokemon.
                                    They said that they feel adamant that their customers should not be feeling like they got an unfinished project. The article did not say once that there was no possibility for dlc. Just that they were thining about it and more information for it would not be released right away.
                                    I completely disagree with your reasoning.
                                    I would also like to state that seeing as the 3ds has been having dlc for many of its games i think it is very possible that x/y will be receiving dlc. It would not be big but it would still be something. And if they did do it they would not release it for money. That much is certain

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
                                    Old October 23rd, 2013 (3:40 PM).

Nature: Hasty
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
                                      They said that they feel adamant that their customers should not be feeling like they got an unfinished project. The article did not say once that there was no possibility for dlc. Just that they were thining about it and more information for it would not be released right away.
                                      I completely disagree with your reasoning.
                                      I would also like to state that seeing as the 3ds has been having dlc for many of its games i think it is very possible that x/y will be receiving dlc. It would not be big but it would still be something. And if they did do it they would not release it for money. That much is certain
                                      If TPC and Gamefreak, which yes they've both stated that do not WANT to make DLCs for Pokemon X and Y and do not intend to make them, then we aren't getting any. I've never seen them say that they don't feel like they shouldn't because of the customers, I've seen them say that they won't and have no intention of doing so.

As for my reasoning, its there in your hands, written out on the net, you doubt what's before your very eyes. Go ahead, you are free to have your own opinion, but its been said, even at E3 they said they didn't intend to have any DLC. At the time they'd say they'd see about it, but didn't have any plans to do any DLC. Before launch they still said they have no plans and did not intend to work on any extra content.

There isn't going to be any Conventional DLC only our normal Mystery Gifts which aren't classified as DLC.
                                      Old October 23rd, 2013 (4:01 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2013 by Aeroblast.
                                      • Platinum Tier

There probably won't be any DLC. But there could still be a secret area needing some specific/event Pokemon like Sinjoh ruins type of deal as Makoto Tachibana pointed out.
                                      Old October 23rd, 2013 (4:05 PM).
                                      Guardian of Le Foret
                                      • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                      If TPC and Gamefreak, which yes they've both stated that do not WANT to make DLCs for Pokemon X and Y and do not intend to make them, then we aren't getting any. I've never seen them say that they don't feel like they shouldn't because of the customers, I've seen them say that they won't and have no intention of doing so.

As for my reasoning, its there in your hands, written out on the net, you doubt what's before your very eyes. Go ahead, you are free to have your own opinion, but its been said, even at E3 they said they didn't intend to have any DLC. At the time they'd say they'd see about it, but didn't have any plans to do any DLC. Before launch they still said they have no plans and did not intend to work on any extra content.

There isn't going to be any Conventional DLC only our normal Mystery Gifts which aren't classified as DLC.
                                      As of now I am satisfied with the game we have, I have no personal opinion in the matter, But the article that you posted had no solid evidence that there is not going to be any DLC.
                                      So I don't necessarily have a personal opinion, what you posted in the article entails that it may be possible that DLC will arrive. not probable, But certainly possible.
                                      If you want to prove to me that there will be absolutely no DLC I want to have an article that posts nor possibilities, but facts.
                                      To be completely honest myself I doubt there will be any DLC but it may be possible that there will be now that it is out on 3ds.

If that cannot be proven then your theory is false and it could go either way.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
                                      Old October 23rd, 2013 (4:33 PM).
                                      Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline

Nature: Hasty
                                        I guess its down to interpretation then. Intention is a yes or no street. They do not intend to make DLC. Both companies stated such. They do not intend then they will not make. If they will make or want to make, then they intend to make DLC, but they do not intend to make or produce DLC for Pokemon X and Y so they will not make, have no DLC in the works, do not forsee Pokemon DLC in the near future, or do not want to make DLC for Pokemon.

Take it as personal opinion if you will, but intent is everything when it comes to production. If you intend to do something it will be there, if you have no intention of doing it it won't be done. Neither company support the idea and have intentions to create them. We've got what we've got lets at least be happy about that.

Even Ken Sugimori has expressed his dislike of the concept, so three major figures to the Pokemon world have shown dislike for the concept of marketing DLC for the Pokemon games.

Not saying you aren't but there are people that aren't happy and want more.
                                        Old October 23rd, 2013 (5:43 PM).
                                        • Silver Tier

Guys that item the hiker or backer or w.e gives you might have to do with jirachi. Colloseum was in a diffrent region was it not?
                                        Quick Reply

Sponsored Links