• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Thoughts on Fairy Types Now?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Now that you've experienced the Fairy Type, what do you think about it?

I actually like having a new type, though I don't appreciate the Fighting resistance. I also didn't have a move type advantage when facing the Gym yet it was pretty easy to beat meaning that perhaps they haven't released strong Pokémon of this type.

One thing that irked me was how people kept trying to denounce the femininity of the Fairy type when it was speculated then announced. Yet all of them, bar Granbull, are pretty feminine and GameFreak even included the Trainer Class "Fairytale Girl". Tell me that's not feminine.

Years
  • I am loving the Fairy type, then again the only Fairy type I use is Sylveon, but all the same, it's so amazing to have and makes battles so much easier. I have to say though it does seem that they are a little overpowered compared to most other types. And the fairy type moves seem to be pretty high powered as well like Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast.

Years
  • Yeah I thought they were overpowered too. I use two (my X legendary and Sylveon) and they tend to win pretty easily. I expected them to be quite weak but they proved me wrong!

I like them, I don't mind them being girly. I love having some girly pokemon!

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • I really like the type itself. it's really powerfull. But i don't really like the looks of some of the 6th gen fairy type pokemon. Sylveon and xerneas look good, but Aromatisse looks like a fat hooker and slurpluff looks like he is missing a certain chromosome.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I find them to be very weak. I smoked the Gym Leader with Sliggoo and Greninja without using Poison or Steel typed attacks. The Fairy Pokemon seem very frail and don't have impressive offense from the ones I faced in game. I was expecting them to all be pretty weak and found them to be weaker than my expectations.

Kinda disappointed that Mawile won't get a lot from her Fairy support since the only physical Fairy attack is Play Rough.

Years
  • I really didn't expect much from the Fair-Type. And I wasn't let down. They are too weak for me to ever really consider them in my party. Not too mention, I just don't like any of the Pokemon in the type. They're too easy to take out, and frankly.. They belong more like in a My Little Pony team?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I know the fairy type suppose to balance up Dragon type but was it necessary for them to make fairy type immune to dragon type .

Years
  • I know the fairy type suppose to balance up Dragon type but was it necessary for them to make fairy type immune to dragon type .
    Well, why not? The way I see it, fairy type is pretty fair in terms of its type advantage towards dragons and immunity from them as well. Besides, no other typeset until the Fairy type had immunity from Dragons anyways.

Years
  • This is just my interpretation but Dragon types were supposed to be rare, mystical, powerful types. Therefore I didn't really like the introduction of fairy types but now it's not too bad, most fairy type Pokemon are still pretty weak compared to dragon types so it balances itself out for now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Well fairy's obviously something thats gonna end up feminine, but there are just too many feminine pokemon and moves out there. But i think theyll balance it next gen...

Ashandarei

Siswai Aman
    Years
  • I personally would've preferred to see a bit more distribution. That being said though Azumaril and Togekiss have now become beasts.

Years
  • I guess dragons are going to start running poison jab or iron head in their move sets, now. The dragon immunity the fairy type has will make spamming outrage less likely. I think they have the potential to change things. *goes to catch an Eevee*

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    i'm still trying to figure out the typing match ups for fairies. =/

every time i turn around i find something that it's not very effective or super effective against them.

Years
  • i think sylveon is a bit op and the type in general has a chance to be broken they just dont have a whole lot of strong pokemon with this type yet. also id imagine gardevoir is op but i havent played with it yet. flash backs to gen 1 psychic type.

3alexbalex

Meowstick Trainer
    Years
  • I find that there is a masculine and feminine type, fighting and fairy. Although the one fairy type I had was not very strong I look forward to seeing other fairy types in next generations

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    i think sylveon is a bit op and the type in general has a chance to be broken they just dont have a whole lot of strong pokemon with this type yet. also id imagine gardevoir is op but i havent played with it yet. flash backs to gen 1 psychic type.

I oneshotted every Fairy I've encountered, even when I was at/near their levels...as for gardevoir...she falls just as easily as she always has. I murdered Diantha's without meaning to cause I wanted her to Mega Evolve and hit one of mine but she Mega Evolved and then got nuked with an Iron Head.

I'm attempting a mono type run to try and force myself to not see them as pathetically weak Pokemon.

Back