• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated Pokemon and strategies

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    With generation six coming around, there are so many new and undiscovered strategies waiting to be found. Have you found any that don't quite get enough attention that they deserve?

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I've seen some people talk about this but I feel like it needs to be discussed more. What I'm talkin about its Bisharp, it got a considerable boost this Gen when you stack up all the facts.

1. Steel no longer resist Dark so Bisharp's Sucker Punch just became a lot more powerful. This means Bisharp can neutrally hit so many things with Sucker Punch that would have walled him before for example Scizor, Scarmory and Foretress.

2. Bisharp still resist Ghost and Dark. While steel types got a defensive nerf this gen, Bisharp cares not much about this since he is also Dark type.

3. Bisharp takes neutral damage from Fairies.

4. Bisharp can benefit from the new entry hazard. If an opponent chooses to use Sticky Web this just helps Bisharp more that actually hurt him, just by switching in to it he gains +2 Attack thanks to Defiant and he can bypass the Speed drop since he's already slow and has a priority move.

5. Can Kill some Fairy Types with Iron head if he chooses to. Sure there is Mawile, Azumarill and Klefki but just having a reliable STAB move against Fairy types is a plus.

I've been testing an Adamant Flawless IV Bisharp online and even if Sucker Punch is still a gamble I don't feel as helpless as I did in B/W. Also Defiant activates a lot more times than you think for example Kings Shield from Aegislash.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I think Hawlucha is an underrated threat. I've seen hardly anyone use it, but it's really good.

First of all, it gets swords dance, acrobatics, and encore, so you can do the math.
    Encore + Swords Dance = One heck of an Acrobatics.

Slap a flying gem on there, and that's not all. Hawlucha also gets Unburden as an ability. So, after you use that first Acrobatics and use that flying gem, Hawlucha is almost untouchable in the speed department. Slap on High Jump Kick and you have a nearly unresisted STAB with great coverage.

Basically, the only way this fighter is going down is with priority, or Aegislash, but that's what the rest of the team is there for.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Turn 29
    Kingdra used Outrage!
    The foe's Gastrodon lost 61% of its health!
    Kingdra lost some of its HP!
    The foe's Gastrodon fainted!
    Kingdra was hurt by poison!
    fuk dis gaem sent out Greninja!
    Pointed stones dug into the foe's Greninja!
    Turn 30
    The foe's Greninja's Protean made it the Ice type!
    The foe's Greninja used Ice Beam!
    Kingdra lost 45.4% of its health!
    Kingdra used Outrage!
    The foe's Greninja lost 64% of its health!
    The foe's Greninja fainted!
    fuk dis gaem sent out Noivern!
    Turn 31
    Kingdra used Outrage!
    The foe's Noivern lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's Noivern fainted!
    Kingdra was hurt by poison!
    He told me Kingdra was not viable so I crushed his team in retaliation
    Underrated Pokemon and strategies

In all seriousness; MixMence + MegaMawlie is some really nice stuff. Salamence is ridiculously underrated at the moment because people think "lolFairiesMencebad!", Mawlie murders the Fairies for Mence while he clears out the Steel types for Mawlie to sweep with some Huge Power + SD goodness, +2 Play Rough 2HKO's Skarmory. It also helps that they cover each other.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Not really sure if this counts, but I've been using this particular Yveltal set and it's working pretty great for me.

Hone Claws Mixed Yveltal
    Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
    EVS: 224 HP / 34 Atk / 252 SpA

Moves:
    - Hone Claws - Sucker Punch - Hurricane - Roost

Set description:
    Hone Claws boosts Attack and accuracy simultaneously. With a single boost, Hurricane reaches a neat base 93 accuracy two boosts give it 100 percent accuracy. Also, the Attack boost gives Sucker Punch more power too, factoring STAB and Dark Aura. Roost to alleviate SR damage or other kinds of damage.

I know Kyogre is prominent in Ubers, but with the rain nerf, I find boosting Hurricane's accuracy pretty useful. Also, Yveltal doesn't face off with Kyogre due to Kyogre's tremendous SpD and ability to take a hit from Sucker Punch, not to mention Water Spout / Thunder / Ice Beam.

Back