Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old December 8th, 2013 (10:09 AM). Edited December 8th, 2013 by Fabe Franco.
Fabe Franco's Avatar
Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Location: Antarctica
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 38
    Just when I thought I had the mastered IV breeding, egg moves come in. It really bugs me that smogon has to make every competitive moveset include an egg move. I want to build a great competitive team so that I can compete in tourneys and etc, but this straight up kills my motivation...

    But, it aint supposed to be easy i guess.

    Can someone help me with egg moves but also suggest team options?


    First; let me paint the picture;

    I have a Gengar (that I'm proud to say I bred my self) that I want to base my team around

    [email protected] orb
    Timid
    IV's all 31 (with the exception of Attack)
    EV's: 252 SpA/252speed/6Hp

    Moves:
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Dazzling Gleam (Replace with Focus Blast?)
    Sludge Bomb

    I haven't gotten them yet, but this is what I figured would be the best option for Gengar-support (if you know about an even better option, don't hesitate to come with suggestions!)

    [email protected]
    Adamant
    Iv's all 31 (except Sp.A).
    EV's; 252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4hp
    Moves:

    Sword Dance
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Crunch/bullet punch (egg moves!!)
    ---------------------
    [email protected]
    Sassy
    Iv's all 31 (except Sp.A)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    Moves:

    Stealth Rock (egg move)
    Pursuit (another egg move)
    Crunch
    Fire Blast/Superpower/Stone Edge
    --------------------------
    Last but not least:
    Gyarados w/Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Ability: Intimidate/Moxie
    EVs: 88 HP, 248 Attack, 4 Defense, 168 Speed OR 156 HP, 72 Attack, 96 Defense, 184 Sp.Defense
    Moves:

    Dragon Dance,
    Waterfall,
    Bounce (egg move)
    Taunt/Substitute


    And of course additional two teammates (suggestions? Think about weaknesses. I, personally thought about adding a Grass type to cover water effectiveness).

    My problem here, a problem that literally hinders me from progressing, is how the heck do you breed for an egg move?! As you can see; all of Gengar's teammates have at least ONE egg move. Can the egg moves that people recommend be replaced by other moves; that still make the pokemon effective?

    As I mentioned earlier, I now know how to breed for perfect Iv's, but I have absolutely no idea on how to implement an egg-move PKMN to my final phases of IV breeding (when I have two 4 IV PKMN to breed).

    So brothers and sisters, needless to say; need some help!
    __________________
    FC 4398-9939-9745



    Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
    drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
    don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old December 8th, 2013 (11:50 AM).
    MylittlePlusle's Avatar
    MylittlePlusle MylittlePlusle is offline
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 37
      Crunch is a level up move for T-tar, and bounce is an event move if I recall correctly. Superpower can't be used as it is a tutor move from Black and White 2.
      Lucario should ALWAYS use Jolly. It can't afford being outsped by Gengar, [email protected], Tornadous, Starmie, Alakazam, Landrous-I and Terrikion and friends,
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old December 8th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
      Fabe Franco's Avatar
      Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
      PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
         
        Join Date: Nov 2013
        Location: Antarctica
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 38
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MylittlePlusle View Post
        Crunch is a level up move for T-tar, and bounce is an event move if I recall correctly. Superpower can't be used as it is a tutor move from Black and White 2.
        My bad. Crunch is, of course, a level up move. Bounce is an event move for X & Y, but a move tutor move for black and white. So I guess Ima have to wait for Pokebank for Gyara Bounce
        __________________
        FC 4398-9939-9745



        Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
        drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
        don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old December 8th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
        PlatinumDude's Avatar
        PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
        Nyeh?
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Canada
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 12,847
        Focus Blast is the superior option over Thunderbolt on Gengar. Hitting Steels harder than Shadow Ball would is pretty important, you know.

        If I were you, I wouldn't use Extreme Speed and Bullet Punch together on Lucario, and I'd just pick one between the two. If you can't be bothered to breed for Crunch, Earthquake is a viable alternative to hit Aegislash without triggering the Attack drop from King's Shield.

        Here's a list of compatible parents for Tyranitar's egg moves:
        -Stealth Rock: Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
        -Pursuit: Cranidos/Rampardos

        Note that you'll have to chain breed for Tyranitar to have the Stealth Rock/Pursuit combo. First, breed a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar with a male parent of the above. Then breed the female offspring with a male parent of the other species not used.
        __________________

        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old December 8th, 2013 (12:32 PM).
        Nah's Avatar
        Nah Nah is offline
        • Moderator
         
        Join Date: Nov 2013
        Location: over there
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 11,437
        You just gotta breed 'em with the right Pokemon (not sure how that'd effect your IVs, I generally don't IV breed).

        Lucario can get Crunch from a lotta Pokemon: the elemental monkeys, the Sandile line, Scrafty, Pyroar, Houndoom, etc. Bullet Punch is only available via breeding with Hitomnchan, who's not available until PokeBank. So you might as well go with Crunch.

        Tyranitar can get Pursuit in X/Y by breeding with Craindos/Rampardos. You can then breed the Larvitar with Pursuit with a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum that knows Stealth Rock, and you should have a Larvitar with both moves.

        And I suggested that Gyarados set to you, then forgot that Bounce is a PokeBank only move. Sorry about that.

        You could try going over to the Competitive Trade Plaza thread and ask for people to help you out, so long as you have something to give them in return.
        __________________
        NAH

        "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

        D&DShop6th Gen
        Reply With Quote
          #6    
        Old December 8th, 2013 (12:51 PM). Edited December 8th, 2013 by Fabe Franco.
        Fabe Franco's Avatar
        Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
        PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
           
          Join Date: Nov 2013
          Location: Antarctica
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 38
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
          Focus Blast is the superior option over Thunderbolt on Gengar. Hitting Steels harder than Shadow Ball would is pretty important, you know.

          If I were you, I wouldn't use Extreme Speed and Bullet Punch together on Lucario, and I'd just pick one between the two. If you can't be bothered to breed for Crunch, Earthquake is a viable alternative to hit Aegislash without triggering the Attack drop from King's Shield.

          Here's a list of compatible parents for Tyranitar's egg moves:
          -Stealth Rock: Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
          -Pursuit: Cranidos/Rampardos

          Note that you'll have to chain breed for Tyranitar to have the Stealth Rock/Pursuit combo. First, breed a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar with a male parent of the above. Then breed the female offspring with a male parent of the other species not used.

          Correct me if I aint right now; so Tyrunt with a female Pupitar in my case, and the the female offspring with a male Cranidos? This potentially leaves me with a female larvitar with both Pursuit and Stealth Rock.

          From here I just do my regular IV breeding (so naturally, the most efficient outcome is a female larvitar that I use to pass on nature, as usual in IV breeding?) I assume that both of the egg moves are always passed on to the offspring. Gotta admit, a bit confused now.


          How will it affect the IV breeding?

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
          You just gotta breed 'em with the right Pokemon (not sure how that'd effect your IVs, I generally don't IV breed).

          Lucario can get Crunch from a lotta Pokemon: the elemental monkeys, the Sandile line, Scrafty, Pyroar, Houndoom, etc. Bullet Punch is only available via breeding with Hitomnchan, who's not available until PokeBank. So you might as well go with Crunch.

          Tyranitar can get Pursuit in X/Y by breeding with Craindos/Rampardos. You can then breed the Larvitar with Pursuit with a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum that knows Stealth Rock, and you should have a Larvitar with both moves.

          And I suggested that Gyarados set to you, then forgot that Bounce is a PokeBank only move. Sorry about that.

          You could try going over to the Competitive Trade Plaza thread and ask for people to help you out, so long as you have something to give them in return.


          No stress bro Ima have to do something else with Gyara; possibly a Mega Gyara.
          __________________
          FC 4398-9939-9745



          Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
          drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
          don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
          Reply With Quote
            #7    
          Old December 9th, 2013 (3:04 AM).
          Fabe Franco's Avatar
          Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
          PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
             
            Join Date: Nov 2013
            Location: Antarctica
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 38
            Can someone help me? I finally read myself to know what Egg moves are and how to get them, but should I breed for an egg move after getting a PKMN with 5 perfect IV's or before starting the whole IV breeding process? How will it affect my IV's?
            __________________
            FC 4398-9939-9745



            Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
            drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
            don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
            Reply With Quote
              #8    
            Old December 9th, 2013 (8:44 AM).
            Nah's Avatar
            Nah Nah is offline
            • Moderator
             
            Join Date: Nov 2013
            Location: over there
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 11,437
            By some crazy stroke of luck, I got a female Larvitar with a Sassy nature, Stealth Rock, Pursuit, Dragon Dance, and perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Sp.Attack, and Sp.Defense via Wonder Trade yesterday.

            If you want, I can give it to you, Fabe. Just not for like another 8 hours, since I wanna breed it for myself, and I can't trade or anything right now since I'm at school (and will be there for a while).

            If your current Tyranitar is male, you can breed it with this one and still end up with one with good IVs, if the male holds Destiny Knot and the female holds the Everstone.

            If you're interested, tell me. My Friend Code should visible when you hover your mouse over the little 3DS symbol in the top-right corner of this post. I'll add you when I can and trade you the Larvitar.
            __________________
            NAH

            "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

            D&DShop6th Gen
            Reply With Quote
              #9    
            Old December 9th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
            Fabe Franco's Avatar
            Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
            PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
               
              Join Date: Nov 2013
              Location: Antarctica
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 38
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
              By some crazy stroke of luck, I got a female Larvitar with a Sassy nature, Stealth Rock, Pursuit, Dragon Dance, and perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Sp.Attack, and Sp.Defense via Wonder Trade yesterday.

              If you want, I can give it to you, Fabe. Just not for like another 8 hours, since I wanna breed it for myself, and I can't trade or anything right now since I'm at school (and will be there for a while).

              If your current Tyranitar is male, you can breed it with this one and still end up with one with good IVs, if the male holds Destiny Knot and the female holds the Everstone.

              If you're interested, tell me. My Friend Code should visible when you hover your mouse over the little 3DS symbol in the top-right corner of this post. I'll add you when I can and trade you the Larvitar.
              Wow, I'd really appreciate that! I aint got anything of particular rarity, but I can trade you my Ylveltal, if you aint got it already. I'm adding your friend code. Take your time at school and do the same when you got the time. My friendcode is in the signature


              Thanks bro, means a lot! :D
              __________________
              FC 4398-9939-9745



              Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
              drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
              don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
              Reply With Quote
                #10    
              Old December 9th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
              Leuram's Avatar
              Leuram Leuram is offline
              Fox says what I say it says
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2013
                Location: Between a Graveler and a Boldore
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 17
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Fabe Franco View Post
                Can someone help me? I finally read myself to know what Egg moves are and how to get them, but should I breed for an egg move after getting a PKMN with 5 perfect IV's or before starting the whole IV breeding process? How will it affect my IV's?


                I am relatively new to the post-game antics that Pokémon has to offer, so there could absolutely be a more efficient method, but in my experience it is easier to breed an ideal female before trying to append some egg moves to the moveset. Reason being, you can give your ideal female your everstone and your cross breed your destiny knot and after a few inventories of eggs you are bound to get a couple of 3-4 IV males with the egg moves you are looking for. After that it is only a matter of time before you have your ideal, egg move mon.


                Hope you find this helpful
                __________________
                FC: 2964-9887-5730
                Dragon Safari - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon. If you have a Ditto in your friend safari and we aren't friends, you are doing it wrong
                Reply With Quote
                  #11    
                Old December 10th, 2013 (3:28 PM). Edited December 10th, 2013 by Nah.
                Nah's Avatar
                Nah Nah is offline
                • Moderator
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2013
                Location: over there
                Age: 24
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 11,437
                You said you were thinking of putting a Grass type on your team. That's probably not a bad idea. There's not a whole lotta good Grass types that are a) available on X/Y until PokeBank and b) work with your team. But there are a few good options:

                -Gourgeist (Super Size) w/Leftovers:
                Nature: Impish
                Ability: Frisk
                EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Defense
                Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed/Pain Spilt, Shadow Sneak, Seed Bomb

                or

                -Gourgeist (small size) w/Leftovers:
                Nature: Jolly/Impish
                Ability: Frisk
                EVs: 252 HP, 72 Defense, 184 Speed
                Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed, Protect/Pain Spilt/Substitute, Seed Bomb

                Gourgeist makes for a nice Grass type physical wall (and T-tar is your special tank, so you have both sides of defense covered. It is part Ghost, but Tyranitar, Lucario, and possibly Mega Gyarados cover its weaknesses to some degree.

                Then there's Trevenant:
                -Trevenant w/ Leftovers
                Nature: Adamant / Impish
                Ability: Natural Cure
                EVs: 252 Atk, 170 Def, 86 HP
                Moves: Leech Seed, Horn Leech/Wood Hammer, Will-o-Wisp, Shadow Claw/Phantom Force

                or

                -Trevenant w/Lum Berry
                Nature: Impish
                Ability: Harvest (which is its Hidden Ability)
                EVs: 252 HP, 170 Def, 86 Sp.Defense
                Moves: Rest, Phantom Force, Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed/Protect/Substitute

                Something like that should work, I think.

                For a more offensive Grass type, there's Roserade. She's a bit frail physically, but can be useful:

                -Roserade w/Black Sludge
                Nature: Calm
                Ability: Natural Cure
                EVs: 252 HP, 240 Sp.Defense, 16 Speed
                Moves: Spikes, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball, Synthesis

                or

                -Roserade w/Life Orb
                Nature: Modest/Timid
                Ability: Natural Cure
                EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
                Moves: Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory/Hidden Power Fire/Sleep Powder, Giga Drain/Synthesis

                Roserade wouldn't be my first option for your team, as you need something more physically bulky. But if you have something for a non-Grass type physical wall in your last slot, Roserade could work fine.
                __________________
                NAH

                "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

                D&DShop6th Gen
                Reply With Quote
                  #12    
                Old December 11th, 2013 (2:21 AM).
                champagnepapi's Avatar
                champagnepapi champagnepapi is offline
                exile
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2010
                Location: new england
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 1,796
                This team seems a little weak to Dragon STAB. Lucario is slow before his mega stone activates and so frail that he will end up taking a lot of damage anyways. DD Dragonite or Garchomp could be a problem to switch into. Rotom-W looks a bit annoying to switch into. The TTar set you have is alright, but really doesn't do much, even less in a Pokemon with so many hard hitters like Gen 6 has. Choice Band Azumarill might be a pretty cool choice over Gyara, as Dragon spamming won't work with him around [although you still have to be careful]. He can help weaken Lucario's checks/counters and lure in pokemon like Ferrothorn that Lucario sets up on. I also reccomend Nasty Plot/Special Attacker Lucario over the current since Mega Venusaur is huge, and, unfortunately walls Azumarill. For your other slots a grass type or even something like Goodra to take on Rotom-W would be useful, as would a scarfer, to stop setup sweepers.
                __________________

                paired to kaori & vrai
                Reply With Quote
                  #13    
                Old December 11th, 2013 (5:29 AM). Edited December 11th, 2013 by Fabe Franco.
                Fabe Franco's Avatar
                Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
                PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                  Location: Antarctica
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 38
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Antebellum View Post
                  This team seems a little weak to Dragon STAB. Lucario is slow before his mega stone activates and so frail that he will end up taking a lot of damage anyways. DD Dragonite or Garchomp could be a problem to switch into. Rotom-W looks a bit annoying to switch into. The TTar set you have is alright, but really doesn't do much, even less in a Pokemon with so many hard hitters like Gen 6 has. Choice Band Azumarill might be a pretty cool choice over Gyara, as Dragon spamming won't work with him around [although you still have to be careful]. He can help weaken Lucario's checks/counters and lure in pokemon like Ferrothorn that Lucario sets up on. I also reccomend Nasty Plot/Special Attacker Lucario over the current since Mega Venusaur is huge, and, unfortunately walls Azumarill. For your other slots a grass type or even something like Goodra to take on Rotom-W would be useful, as would a scarfer, to stop setup sweepers.

                  What nature and role do you suggest for T-tar then? From my perspective, I desperately need a defensive support, since Gengar and Lucario are as weak as they are. I got what you sayin in regards to the T-Tar's 6-7ish typing weaknesses, but at the same time...yeah, well you get my point.

                  Totally agree on the Dragon suggestion . I was thinking of a fairy type, or a Cloyster even, nah mean?

                  Wouldn't Gengar alone be able to take MegaSaur? And a physical-Luke would cover that gap of not having any physical attackers, don't you think?

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
                  You said you were thinking of putting a Grass type on your team. That's probably not a bad idea. There's not a whole lotta good Grass types that are a) available on X/Y until PokeBank and b) work with your team. But there are a few good options:

                  -Gourgeist (Super Size) w/Leftovers:
                  Nature: Impish
                  Ability: Frisk
                  EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Defense
                  Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed/Pain Spilt, Shadow Sneak, Seed Bomb

                  or

                  -Gourgeist (small size) w/Leftovers:
                  Nature: Jolly/Impish
                  Ability: Frisk
                  EVs: 252 HP, 72 Defense, 184 Speed
                  Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed, Protect/Pain Spilt/Substitute, Seed Bomb

                  Gourgeist makes for a nice Grass type physical wall (and T-tar is your special tank, so you have both sides of defense covered. It is part Ghost, but Tyranitar, Lucario, and possibly Mega Gyarados cover its weaknesses to some degree.

                  Then there's Trevenant:
                  -Trevenant w/ Leftovers
                  Nature: Adamant / Impish
                  Ability: Natural Cure
                  EVs: 252 Atk, 170 Def, 86 HP
                  Moves: Leech Seed, Horn Leech/Wood Hammer, Will-o-Wisp, Shadow Claw/Phantom Force

                  or

                  -Trevenant w/Lum Berry
                  Nature: Impish
                  Ability: Harvest (which is its Hidden Ability)
                  EVs: 252 HP, 170 Def, 86 Sp.Defense
                  Moves: Rest, Phantom Force, Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed/Protect/Substitute

                  Something like that should work, I think.

                  For a more offensive Grass type, there's Roserade. She's a bit frail physically, but can be useful:

                  -Roserade w/Black Sludge
                  Nature: Calm
                  Ability: Natural Cure
                  EVs: 252 HP, 240 Sp.Defense, 16 Speed
                  Moves: Spikes, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball, Synthesis

                  or

                  -Roserade w/Life Orb
                  Nature: Modest/Timid
                  Ability: Natural Cure
                  EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
                  Moves: Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory/Hidden Power Fire/Sleep Powder, Giga Drain/Synthesis

                  Roserade wouldn't be my first option for your team, as you need something more physically bulky. But if you have something for a non-Grass type physical wall in your last slot, Roserade could work fine.

                  I wish smogon had something on these.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Leuram View Post
                  I am relatively new to the post-game antics that Pokémon has to offer, so there could absolutely be a more efficient method, but in my experience it is easier to breed an ideal female before trying to append some egg moves to the moveset. Reason being, you can give your ideal female your everstone and your cross breed your destiny knot and after a few inventories of eggs you are bound to get a couple of 3-4 IV males with the egg moves you are looking for. After that it is only a matter of time before you have your ideal, egg move mon.


                  Hope you find this helpful

                  You made this much easier than I thought it would be. Plus, egg moves are now consistently bred to the baby, so that helps as well.

                  Preciate it yo!
                  __________________
                  FC 4398-9939-9745



                  Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
                  drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
                  don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #14    
                  Old December 11th, 2013 (6:58 AM). Edited December 11th, 2013 by Nah.
                  Nah's Avatar
                  Nah Nah is offline
                  • Moderator
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                  Location: over there
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 11,437
                  You should keep you Lucario as a physical one. Changing it to a specialattacker does little to help it combat Mega Venusaur. Something that both works against Mega Venusaur and give you a Fairy type is:

                  -Togekiss w/Leftovers
                  Nature: Bold/Calm
                  Ability: Serene Grace
                  EVs: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Speed
                  Moves: Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Roost

                  This works pretty good against Mega Venusaur (who rarely runs offensive EVs and you can paraflinch to death), and walls most Dragonites and Salamences. I would've recommended Roost in the last slot, but that's a Black2/White2 move tutor move. Not sure what to put there. How the hell did I forget that Roost is a TM this Gen? Yes, Roost is probably the best option in the last slot. Nasty Plot works good too, but that's an egg move.
                  __________________
                  NAH

                  "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

                  D&DShop6th Gen
                  Reply With Quote
                    #15    
                  Old December 11th, 2013 (7:15 AM).
                  halcyonic halcyonic is offline
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2012
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 1,477
                  let togekiss run roost/wish, if it was offensive however, run nasty plot. btw smogon do have pre-analyses ready right here.

                  roost alleviates its rock and electric weakness and immediately recovers hp while wish is nicely used in conjunction with thunder wave and air slash from experience, and it allows passive recovery to your teammates as well.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #16    
                  Old December 11th, 2013 (11:06 AM).
                  champagnepapi's Avatar
                  champagnepapi champagnepapi is offline
                  exile
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2010
                  Location: new england
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 1,796
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
                  You should keep you Lucario as a physical one. Changing it to a specialattacker does little to help it combat Mega Venusaur. Something that both works against Mega Venusaur and give you a Fairy type is:

                  -Togekiss w/Leftovers
                  Nature: Bold/Calm
                  Ability: Serene Grace
                  EVs: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Speed
                  Moves: Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Roost

                  This works pretty good against Mega Venusaur (who rarely runs offensive EVs and you can paraflinch to death), and walls most Dragonites and Salamences. I would've recommended Roost in the last slot, but that's a Black2/White2 move tutor move. Not sure what to put there. How the hell did I forget that Roost is a TM this Gen? Yes, Roost is probably the best option in the last slot. Nasty Plot works good too, but that's an egg move.
                  At +2, Flash Cannon does 64.2 - 75.8% to MAX SPDEF Venusaur. Crunch does (32.4 - 38.1%) to Max Defense Venusaur when Lucario is at +2, Thick Fat will do (24.7 - 29.1%) , and Close Combat will do (48.3 - 57.1%) but unless the Venusaur is switching in you will lose because of the defense drop. Changing to a special attacker does a lot to combat mega venusaur. Anyways, Fabe Franco, Gengar can't really beat Venusaur besides PP Stalling Synthesis since the poke is incredibly bulky, you'd ideally need SpDef drops from Shadow Ball and then stall it out of hypnosis but since you don't have Pain Split then Gengar is probably dead by then.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #17    
                  Old December 11th, 2013 (12:50 PM).
                  Nah's Avatar
                  Nah Nah is offline
                  • Moderator
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                  Location: over there
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 11,437
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Antebellum View Post
                  At +2, Flash Cannon does 64.2 - 75.8% to MAX SPDEF Venusaur. Crunch does (32.4 - 38.1%) to Max Defense Venusaur when Lucario is at +2, Thick Fat will do (24.7 - 29.1%) , and Close Combat will do (48.3 - 57.1%) but unless the Venusaur is switching in you will lose because of the defense drop. Changing to a special attacker does a lot to combat mega venusaur. Anyways, Fabe Franco, Gengar can't really beat Venusaur besides PP Stalling Synthesis since the poke is incredibly bulky, you'd ideally need SpDef drops from Shadow Ball and then stall it out of hypnosis but since you don't have Pain Split then Gengar is probably dead by then.
                  Does it really? I haven't bothered to look for a Gen 6 damage calculator yet, so I didn't run the numbers when I said that. I thought Mega Venusaur was a bit bulkier than that. Guess not.

                  I do agree about Gengar though. It can't beat (Mega) Venusaur by itself.
                  __________________
                  NAH

                  "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

                  D&DShop6th Gen
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old December 12th, 2013 (4:39 AM). Edited December 12th, 2013 by Fabe Franco.
                  Fabe Franco's Avatar
                  Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
                  PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2013
                    Location: Antarctica
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 38
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Antebellum View Post
                    At +2, Flash Cannon does 64.2 - 75.8% to MAX SPDEF Venusaur. Crunch does (32.4 - 38.1%) to Max Defense Venusaur when Lucario is at +2, Thick Fat will do (24.7 - 29.1%) , and Close Combat will do (48.3 - 57.1%) but unless the Venusaur is switching in you will lose because of the defense drop. Changing to a special attacker does a lot to combat mega venusaur. Anyways, Fabe Franco, Gengar can't really beat Venusaur besides PP Stalling Synthesis since the poke is incredibly bulky, you'd ideally need SpDef drops from Shadow Ball and then stall it out of hypnosis but since you don't have Pain Split then Gengar is probably dead by then.

                    Okay. Ima consider Togekiss; seems like a pretty good choice.

                    Btw, what Tyranitar should I go for then? I thought about what you said, and that T-tar can do little if he has a 252hp/252 sp.d spread. Should I go for an adamant or jolly attacker instead?

                    yo, correct me if I'm wrong; but what about a bounce Gyara? Gyara's attack would be great against M(Venu) Defence. Plus, Gyara has a lot more bulk than Gengar, so it aint definitely not 1OHO. Mabye 2 or 3OHK.

                    That would cover Togekiss' flying spot, and would leave me with another spot on the team.
                    __________________
                    FC 4398-9939-9745



                    Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
                    drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
                    don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #19    
                    Old December 12th, 2013 (9:52 AM).
                    Nah's Avatar
                    Nah Nah is offline
                    • Moderator
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2013
                    Location: over there
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 11,437
                    A Gyarados with Bounce is nice. But that's a Black2/White2 move tutor only move, remember? So Togekiss is still an option.

                    And so much for the Larvitar I gave you. Crazy thing? I have an Adamant one too. (Although you could probably breed your own Larvitars with whatever nature you want with the 2 you have).

                    So a physical attacker Tyranitar could look like:

                    -Tyranitar w/Choice Band
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Ability: Sand stream
                    EVs: 180 HP, 252 Attack, 76 Speed
                    Moves: Crunch/Payback, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Brick Break/Earthquake

                    Superpower usually goes in the last slot, but that's a Black2/White2 move tutor move (unless you're cool with waiting for the PokeBank). That, and Superpower is an overrated move.

                    or

                    -Tyranitar w/Focus Sash or Chople Berry or Lum Berry
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Ability: Sand stream
                    EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
                    Moves: Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake/Brick Break/Pursuit

                    or

                    -Tyranitar w/Leftovers
                    Nature: Brave/Quiet
                    Ability: Sand Stream
                    EVs: 180 HP, 252 Attack, 76 Special Attack
                    Moves: Crunch, Stone Edge, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

                    This is a mixed set, which Tyranitar is capable of doing. Not sure about the EV spread (could someone please check that?).
                    __________________
                    NAH

                    "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

                    D&DShop6th Gen
                    Reply With Quote
                      #20    
                    Old December 12th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
                    Fabe Franco's Avatar
                    Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
                    PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2013
                      Location: Antarctica
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 38
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
                      A Gyarados with Bounce is nice. But that's a Black2/White2 move tutor only move, remember? So Togekiss is still an option.

                      And so much for the Larvitar I gave you. Crazy thing? I have an Adamant one too. (Although you could probably breed your own Larvitars with whatever nature you want with the 2 you have).

                      So a physical attacker Tyranitar could look like:

                      -Tyranitar w/Choice Band
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Ability: Sand stream
                      EVs: 180 HP, 252 Attack, 76 Speed
                      Moves: Crunch/Payback, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Brick Break/Earthquake

                      Superpower usually goes in the last slot, but that's a Black2/White2 move tutor move (unless you're cool with waiting for the PokeBank). That, and Superpower is an overrated move.

                      or

                      -Tyranitar w/Focus Sash or Chople Berry or Lum Berry
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Ability: Sand stream
                      EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
                      Moves: Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake/Brick Break/Pursuit

                      or

                      -Tyranitar w/Leftovers
                      Nature: Brave/Quiet
                      Ability: Sand Stream
                      EVs: 180 HP, 252 Attack, 76 Special Attack
                      Moves: Crunch, Stone Edge, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

                      This is a mixed set, which Tyranitar is capable of doing. Not sure about the EV spread (could someone please check that?).

                      I thought Black (1) also had a move tutor with Magikarp/Gyara Bounce...?

                      As for the T-tar. You know what? Ima try the support Tar first, see what it does.
                      If it aint working, Ima simply breed my self another Adamant/Jolly Tar. Dont want to hassle you no more bro, plus, its simple, especially now that I got the moves I need (that larv you gave me helps a lot too!). But I appreciate your help tho!
                      __________________
                      FC 4398-9939-9745



                      Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
                      drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
                      don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #21    
                      Old February 19th, 2014 (7:55 AM).
                      Fabe Franco's Avatar
                      Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
                      PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2013
                        Location: Antarctica
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 38
                        I'm finally back into some mon and have started gaining momentum in building a team.


                        This is what I have now;

                        [email protected]
                        Levitate

                        Life orb

                        Shadow Ball
                        Focus Blast
                        Sludge Bomb
                        Destiny Bond

                        252 SpA/252 Speed/ 4 Hp



                        [email protected]
                        Sandstream

                        Assault Vest

                        Crunch
                        Stone Edge
                        Pursuit
                        Power Up Punch (I know I should switch this one)

                        252 SpD/ 252 HP/ 4 Att.



                        [email protected]
                        Multiscale

                        Weakness Policy

                        252 HP/ 25 Att./ rest to speed.

                        Fire Punch
                        Outrage
                        Dragon Dance
                        Roost



                        I plan for a Togekiss for now but my question is; Bold, Timid or Calm?

                        And of course a Megalucario

                        And a grass PKMN, possibly a Venusaur, altho I got a good IV celebi (31 in all IVs except speed and HP). What do you think should be the last spot? Venusaur? Celebi? Or another one?
                        __________________
                        FC 4398-9939-9745



                        Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
                        drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
                        don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #22    
                        Old February 19th, 2014 (8:09 AM).
                        PlatinumDude's Avatar
                        PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                        Nyeh?
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Canada
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 12,847
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Fabe Franco View Post
                        I'm finally back into some mon and have started gaining momentum in building a team.


                        This is what I have now;

                        [email protected]
                        Levitate

                        Life orb

                        Shadow Ball
                        Focus Blast
                        Sludge Bomb
                        Destiny Bond

                        252 SpA/252 Speed/ 4 Hp



                        [email protected]
                        Sandstream

                        Assault Vest

                        Crunch
                        Stone Edge
                        Pursuit
                        Power Up Punch (I know I should switch this one)

                        252 SpD/ 252 HP/ 4 Att.



                        [email protected]
                        Multiscale

                        Weakness Policy

                        252 HP/ 25 Att./ rest to speed.

                        Fire Punch
                        Outrage
                        Dragon Dance
                        Roost



                        I plan for a Togekiss for now but my question is; Bold, Timid or Calm?

                        And of course a Megalucario

                        And a grass PKMN, possibly a Venusaur, altho I got a good IV celebi (31 in all IVs except speed and HP). What do you think should be the last spot? Venusaur? Celebi? Or another one?
                        You're a bit too slow on this; Lucarionite got banned in OU, but it's still fine to use it in Wi-Fi battles and such.

                        I wouldn't put Dragonite and Tyranitar together in the same team because the sandstorm that Tyranitar brings will render Dragonite's Multiscale useless.
                        __________________

                        Reply With Quote
                          #23    
                        Old February 19th, 2014 (8:16 AM).
                        Krystia's Avatar
                        Krystia Krystia is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2014
                          Location: Somewhere near the stars ~
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 223
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                          You're a bit too slow on this; Lucarionite got banned in OU, but it's still fine to use it in Wi-Fi battles and such.

                          I wouldn't put Dragonite and Tyranitar together in the same team because the sandstorm that Tyranitar brings will render Dragonite's Multiscale useless.
                          I agree, if you really want to use weather with a Dragonite, you should use Charizard Y/NineTales or Politoed. I recommend Charizard Y since your Dragonite might hit harder with fire punch imo. You might want to consider Trevanant with harvest and sitrus berries.
                          __________________

                          FC: 1693-1696-3415
                          Reply With Quote
                            #24    
                          Old February 19th, 2014 (8:57 AM).
                          Fabe Franco's Avatar
                          Fabe Franco Fabe Franco is offline
                          PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2013
                            Location: Antarctica
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 38
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                            You're a bit too slow on this; Lucarionite got banned in OU, but it's still fine to use it in Wi-Fi battles and such.

                            I wouldn't put Dragonite and Tyranitar together in the same team because the sandstorm that Tyranitar brings will render Dragonite's Multiscale useless.


                            Gotcha. I think Ima keep Dragonite for a second competitive team. In regards to Megalucario, I think I'll drop it alltogether then. But how is regular Lucario? Should I keep it in this team or get another fighter?

                            And as for Togekiss; modest, bold or timid (if I have Gengar and T-tar as team options)?


                            I'll check Trevenant out.
                            __________________
                            FC 4398-9939-9745



                            Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
                            drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
                            don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
                            Reply With Quote
                              #25    
                            Old February 19th, 2014 (9:02 AM).
                            PlatinumDude's Avatar
                            PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                            Nyeh?
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Location: Canada
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 12,847
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Fabe Franco View Post
                            Gotcha. I think Ima keep Dragonite for a second competitive team. In regards to Megalucario, I think I'll drop it alltogether then. But how is regular Lucario? Should I keep it in this team or get another fighter?

                            And as for Togekiss; modest, bold or timid (if I have Gengar and T-tar as team options)?


                            I'll check Trevenant out.
                            Regular Lucario is still viable. As I said before, Mega Lucario can be used in Wi-Fi battles:
                            -Swords Dance
                            -Close Combat
                            -Extreme Speed
                            -Crunch/Bullet Punch/Ice Punch/Shadow Claw
                            Nature: Jolly
                            EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
                            Item: Life Orb
                            __________________

                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:11 AM.