Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old March 25th, 2014 (2:42 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
case CLOSED.
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 25
Nature: Timid
Posts: 32,159
I need five more Blue Shards to teach Serperior Aqua Tail. Locations pleeeease. :( I have only one right now. idk where I got it. I just got to Lentimas Town.
__________________
≫ when the hope of new beginnings burned our feet
now we need it ≪

challenges | klippy

Relevant Advertising!

  #52    
Old March 25th, 2014 (2:56 PM).
Nah's Avatar
Nah Nah is offline
  • Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: over there
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
I need five more Blue Shards to teach Serperior Aqua Tail. Locations pleeeease. I have only one right now. idk where I got it. I just got to Lentimas Town.
There's basically 2 options for farming shards:

1) Buy a crapload of repels, and bike around inside Reversal Mountain (using repels). You see a dust cloud, run into it and hope for a shard and not an Excadrill.

2) Do the Funfest missions that have you hunt for shards. Whether or not you complete the mission or fail, you get to keep the shards you found. The colors of each pickup varies, but at least you can do the missions as much as you like.
__________________
NAH

"Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

D&D6th Gen
  #53    
Old March 29th, 2014 (8:42 PM).
victreeplume's Avatar
victreeplume victreeplume is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Location: ADL
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 62
    Guys I'm having trouble deciding on my team.

    I just got to Mistralton City and I'm currently riding with Sawk, Joltik, Herdier, Unfezant, Munna and Tirtouga; however, I'm not sure I really like it. The only two I 100% want are (in he end) a Stoutland and a Galvantula.

    What do you guys think? I feel like I want to pick up a Mandibuzz. But I'm pretty stuck to be honest!

    Thanks!
      #54    
    Old March 29th, 2014 (9:05 PM).
    Hikamaru's Avatar
    Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
    エーフィ
    • Platinum Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 24
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 49,133
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by victreeplume View Post
    Guys I'm having trouble deciding on my team.

    I just got to Mistralton City and I'm currently riding with Sawk, Joltik, Herdier, Unfezant, Munna and Tirtouga; however, I'm not sure I really like it. The only two I 100% want are (in he end) a Stoutland and a Galvantula.

    What do you guys think? I feel like I want to pick up a Mandibuzz. But I'm pretty stuck to be honest!

    Thanks!
    Mandibuzz is a more defensive Pokemon, with very weak attacking stats. I don't really recommend it unless if you're more of the defensive style player, but also given I'm assuming you're playing the original Black/White games it also doesn't evolve until Level 54, which means you'll already be fighting the Elite Four by then and they use stuff around the mid-late 40's and once you defeat them you'll have to catch Reshiram/Zekrom (based on version) and then fight N and Ghetsis, who use very strong teams. Trust me, it's not really worth using Mandibuzz in B/W due to the reasons I mentioned.

    Still, I think your team looks fine. You do need a Moon Stone to evolve your Munna though.
    __________________
    DOCTRINA

    "Knowledge is Power."
    TumblrPairTwitterWTP
      #55    
    Old March 29th, 2014 (9:09 PM).
    victreeplume's Avatar
    victreeplume victreeplume is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2013
      Location: ADL
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 62
      Yeah I am on Black Version, sorry, I should have mentioned.

      I think I just liked the look of Mandibuzz visually but your reasoning matches how I normally play so Mandibuzz is out. Thanks!
        #56    
      Old April 17th, 2014 (3:26 PM).
      Swagroar Swagroar is offline
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Location: Pennsylvania
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 6,205
      I was just googling stuff and came across something on Gamefaqs, which led me to this thread. The one person who replied said that once the Wi-Fi shutdown happens next month, they said that not only will you not be able to get new visitors to Join Avenue, but you also won't be able to do Funfest Missions OR the Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

      In my Wedlocke challenge that i'm doing on my secondary White 2, which is on my capture modded 3DS that hasn't connected to Wi-Fi once since I started playing it, i've had new visitors in Join Avenue on a decent basis (even though I only have a few shops). Is the Wi-Fi needed for anything for these three tasks that I mentioned? Will the shutdown affect any of them?
      __________________
      Azurilland - (The Southern Island) | Twitter
      Wedlocke Challenge | Wonderlocke Challenge | Generation V Fan Club
        #57    
      Old April 17th, 2014 (3:31 PM).
      Nah's Avatar
      Nah Nah is offline
      • Moderator
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Location: over there
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 11,589
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Crackle View Post
      I was just googling stuff and came across something on Gamefaqs, which led me to this thread. The one person who replied said that once the Wi-Fi shutdown happens next month, they said that not only will you not be able to get new visitors to Join Avenue, but you also won't be able to do Funfest Missions OR the Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

      In my Wedlocke challenge that i'm doing on my secondary White 2, which is on my capture modded 3DS that hasn't connected to Wi-Fi once since I started playing it, i've had new visitors in Join Avenue on a decent basis (even though I only have a few shops). Is the Wi-Fi needed for anything for these three tasks that I mentioned? Will the shutdown affect any of them?
      That's all actually not true. The game supplies you with AI visitors in case you don't have Wifi. It's just that once the Wifi shutdown happens, you'll get visitors at a much slower rate because you aren't interacting with any real people. You also don't need Wifi for FunFest missions. I've done those by myself, so Wifi isn't needed. You only need Wifi to do them with other people. And the whole Yancy/Curtis thing is completely unrelated to Wifi, so IDK why they said that. You'll still be able to do stuff with her/him.

      So there's nothing to worry about.
      __________________
      NAH

      "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

      D&D6th Gen
        #58    
      Old April 22nd, 2014 (8:24 AM).
      atomtanned's Avatar
      atomtanned atomtanned is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2013
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 152
        Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does pertain to Gen V games, so...

        Does anyone know if the AR Powersave device would allow me to insert PKM files into a Gen V save file? I wanted to use Pokecheck to get some of the event Pokemon I missed, but am afraid I won't have time to do it before the GTS gets shut down. If I can just save the PKM files to my computer and use Powersave to add them later, that would be awesome.
        __________________


        Friend Code
        2638-0348-2480

        Currently Playing:
        Alpha Sapphire

        tumblr || backlog

          #59    
        Old April 22nd, 2014 (12:17 PM).
        Keiran's Avatar
        Keiran Keiran is online now
        Fight Off Your Demons
        • Moderator
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Location: New Jersey
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 2,444
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by atomtanned View Post
        Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does pertain to Gen V games, so...

        Does anyone know if the AR Powersave device would allow me to insert PKM files into a Gen V save file? I wanted to use Pokecheck to get some of the event Pokemon I missed, but am afraid I won't have time to do it before the GTS gets shut down. If I can just save the PKM files to my computer and use Powersave to add them later, that would be awesome.
        I don't believe that the Powersave device for the 3DS works for DS games (including Gen V games) at all, so my answer would be no. A save dongle made for DS games would allow you to do this, though.
        __________________
        Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

        When kings upon the main have clung to pride
        And held themselves as masters of the sea
        I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
        Till they have learned that no one masters me
          #60    
        Old April 22nd, 2014 (1:15 PM).
        atomtanned's Avatar
        atomtanned atomtanned is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2013
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 152
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
          I don't believe that the Powersave device for the 3DS works for DS games (including Gen V games) at all, so my answer would be no. A save dongle made for DS games would allow you to do this, though.
          Cool, thanks so much for the help!
          __________________


          Friend Code
          2638-0348-2480

          Currently Playing:
          Alpha Sapphire

          tumblr || backlog

            #61    
          Old April 22nd, 2014 (9:54 PM).
          Shrew's Avatar
          Shrew Shrew is offline
          is a Shrew
             
            Join Date: Jul 2013
            Location: In a Rabbit
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 763
            In the Dream Radar, I heard that you can get Slowpoke, Hoothoot, and Beldum through special codes. Are these one-time only or will using the code let me get them multiple times? Detail how it all works.
            __________________
            3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
              #62    
            Old April 22nd, 2014 (11:47 PM).
            Miau's Avatar
            Miau Miau is offline
            If I fits...
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Camphrier Town
            Age: 26
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 744
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
            In the Dream Radar, I heard that you can get Slowpoke, Hoothoot, and Beldum through special codes. Are these one-time only or will using the code let me get them multiple times? Detail how it all works.
            You can use the codes as many times as you like. You need to be in the "Research lab" menu and enter the special key presses. The professor will show up and say she found a new extension while playing with magnets (Beldum), watching a calm shore (Slowpoke) or researching the planet's rotation (Hoothoot), and you can enter the new area immediately. You can only get one Pokemon in that area.
            __________________

              #63    
            Old April 23rd, 2014 (1:08 AM).
            Shrew's Avatar
            Shrew Shrew is offline
            is a Shrew
               
              Join Date: Jul 2013
              Location: In a Rabbit
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 763
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
              You can use the codes as many times as you like. You need to be in the "Research lab" menu and enter the special key presses. The professor will show up and say she found a new extension while playing with magnets (Beldum), watching a calm shore (Slowpoke) or researching the planet's rotation (Hoothoot), and you can enter the new area immediately. You can only get one Pokemon in that area.
              So you can use the code as many times as you like, but only get one pokemon in the area... so does this mean that out of the dream clouds, only 1 contains a pokemon and the rest have orbs? What % chance is there that it contains Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot? What if you enter the Extension course while there's only 1 cloud?
              __________________
              3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
                #64    
              Old April 23rd, 2014 (2:57 AM).
              Miau's Avatar
              Miau Miau is offline
              If I fits...
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Camphrier Town
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 744
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
              So you can use the code as many times as you like, but only get one pokemon in the area... so does this mean that out of the dream clouds, only 1 contains a pokemon and the rest have orbs? What % chance is there that it contains Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot? What if you enter the Extension course while there's only 1 cloud?
              When you first enter the area, all the clouds are storm clouds, and the first you hit will have the Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot. After you capture the Pokemon, the rest of the clouds will then have orbs. If you enter the extension with only one cloud, then that cloud will contain the Pokemon.
              __________________

                #65    
              Old April 25th, 2014 (11:50 AM).
              nitaant nitaant is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2014
                Posts: 28
                i am trying to figure out if a run through of black 2 is worth it or not

                legendaries like cobalion are obvious. and soft resetting for the right nature could pay off very well

                anyone have a list?
                  #66    
                Old April 25th, 2014 (12:19 PM).
                Swagroar Swagroar is offline
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2013
                Location: Pennsylvania
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 6,205
                This should be in the Quick Questions thread, but anyway, i'm guessing you're looking for a list of Pokémon you can't obtain in XY, in which case Serebii has that: http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml It's important to keep this stuff in mind what with the Wi-fi shutdown soon.
                __________________
                Azurilland - (The Southern Island) | Twitter
                Wedlocke Challenge | Wonderlocke Challenge | Generation V Fan Club
                  #67    
                Old May 7th, 2014 (8:54 AM).
                (Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
                (Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
                ღ Fairy Wind ღ
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2012
                Location: Laverre City
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 2,654
                This is not the In-Game Team Help section. That exists elsewhere.
                __________________
                "I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
                Instagram
                  #68    
                Old May 16th, 2014 (6:38 PM).
                D-poke's Avatar
                D-poke D-poke is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                  Location: Madison
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 45
                  I want to explore Undella before I finish Reversal Mountain. But when I try to go back, Bianca won't team up with me again. What do I do?
                  __________________
                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189324

                  hmm.. what to do today... pokemon...digimon...my own characters... hmmm...
                    #69    
                  Old May 16th, 2014 (6:41 PM).
                  Hikamaru's Avatar
                  Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
                  エーフィ
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • EOEvent Organizer
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                  Location: Australia
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 49,133
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by D-poke View Post
                  I want to explore Undella before I finish Reversal Mountain. But when I try to go back, Bianca won't team up with me again. What do I do?
                  Bianca will only team up with you on your first travel through Reversal Mountain. After you finish that, she won't be back there.
                  __________________
                  DOCTRINA

                  "Knowledge is Power."
                  TumblrPairTwitterWTP
                    #70    
                  Old May 18th, 2014 (1:50 PM).
                  Swagroar Swagroar is offline
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2013
                  Location: Pennsylvania
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 6,205
                  So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)
                  __________________
                  Azurilland - (The Southern Island) | Twitter
                  Wedlocke Challenge | Wonderlocke Challenge | Generation V Fan Club
                    #71    
                  Old May 18th, 2014 (1:58 PM).
                  Xebelleon's Avatar
                  Xebelleon Xebelleon is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2008
                    Location: Canada
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 1,545
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Crackle View Post
                    So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)
                    Can be self tested in DOUBLE GRASS due to hitting yourself. Serperior gets both Reflect and L-Screen and much Psychics get Psyshock. Target Serperior. Hope its with you to not die.

                    Great question! Hope to read the results
                    __________________
                    -- --
                    Pokemon Casual
                      #72    
                    Old May 18th, 2014 (2:29 PM).
                    Nah's Avatar
                    Nah Nah is offline
                    • Moderator
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2013
                    Location: over there
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 11,589
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Crackle View Post
                    So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)
                    Light Screen is what affects the damage, despite it targeting Defense instead of Sp.Defense.

                    With Reflect up: 252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 181-214 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 24.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

                    With Light Screen up: 252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow through Light Screen: 90-107 (23.4 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO
                    __________________
                    NAH

                    "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

                    D&D6th Gen
                      #73    
                    Old May 19th, 2014 (5:25 PM).
                    Blazikong's Avatar
                    Blazikong Blazikong is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2014
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Modest
                      Posts: 159
                      Where do you catch Keldeo? I've heard its on the dragonspiral tower after you have the national pokedex, but is that just a rumor?
                      __________________
                        #74    
                      Old May 19th, 2014 (5:52 PM).
                      BakingBluePotatoe's Avatar
                      BakingBluePotatoe BakingBluePotatoe is offline
                      The Red Death Alchemist
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                        Location: Catatonia
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 2,327
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by BLAZIKONG^^ View Post
                        Where do you catch Keldeo? I've heard its on the dragonspiral tower after you have the national pokedex, but is that just a rumor?
                        Keldeo is an event-only Pokemon... I believe it's only distribution was for the first BW
                        __________________

                        Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
                        Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
                        Outlinks:
                        Twitter || deviantART Youtube
                        Potato Buddy

                          #75    
                        Old May 19th, 2014 (5:53 PM).
                        PlatinumDude's Avatar
                        PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                        Nyeh?
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Canada
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 12,887
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by BLAZIKONG^^ View Post
                        Where do you catch Keldeo? I've heard its on the dragonspiral tower after you have the national pokedex, but is that just a rumor?
                        Keldeo is an event-only Pokemon, so what you heard is simply a rumor.
                        __________________

                        Closed Thread

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:32 PM.