The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

TrollandToad.com
 
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old February 2nd, 2014 (9:19 AM).
Kenny1's Avatar
Kenny1 Kenny1 is offline
On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skills.
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 86
    Here is a patch i made for fire red for transparent textboxes. Just use a scrtipt like this:

    Red = Important keep it exact!!


    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    callasm 0x750021
    msgbox @text 0x2
    callasm 0x750135
    end

    #org @text
    = This is a test.

    Please send me the rom anyway so i can check for the right free space.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old February 2nd, 2014 (12:04 PM).
    LegendOfPerseus LegendOfPerseus is offline
       
      Join Date: Jan 2014
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 2
      Do we have someone working on a custom tileset. I am not a big fan of the default
        #28    
      Old February 2nd, 2014 (12:49 PM).
      SpyGuy's Avatar
      SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 48
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LegendOfPerseus View Post
        Do we have someone working on a custom tileset. I am not a big fan of the default
        Niether am I, and I am in fact working on that today.
        __________________
        Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

        You wont regret it!

          #29    
        Old February 2nd, 2014 (3:39 PM). Edited February 3rd, 2014 by almarto.
        almarto almarto is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2013
          Posts: 4
          Hey guys, i've modified a bit the code for the transparent textboxes, now it can load different palettes based on the content of variable 0x8004.
          A table of pointers to the different palettes can be inserted in free space (along with the 2 ASM routines needed) and var 8004 will tell which pointer (and consequently which palette) to load.
          Example:
          Let's assume for simplicity:
          the 1st ASM is at 0x900000
          the 2nd is at 0xA00000
          the pointers table is at 0xB00000
          data at 0xB00000 is: 00 00 C0 08 00 00 D0 08 (respectively, pointers to 0xC00000 and 0xD00000)
          at 0xC00000 and 0xD00000 we have two different palettes stored
          A script would be (for XSE 1.1.1):
          Code:
          #dynamic 0x800000
          #org @start
          lock
          setvar 0x8004 0x // this value tells the code which pointer to load: 0x0 = first; 0x1 = second; ecc.
          callasm 0x08900000 // this calls the routine that makes the textbox transparent and with our palette
          msgbox @text 0x2
          callasm 0x08A00000 // this routine will restore the correct transparency and palette settings so things won't mess up
          release
          end
          
          #org @text
          = This is a Test.
          For any doubts, just ask

          EDIT: Ok, here is a "real" example script with the exact locations i used:
          Code:
          #dynamic 0x800000
          #org @start
          lock
          setvar 0x8004 0x // this is the only thing you would change: it tells which palette to load. for now, there are two black palettes, so setting the var to 0x0 or to 0x1 would result in a transparent black textbox.
          callasm 0x8730001
          msgbox @txt 0x2
          callasm 0x8730141
          release
          end
          
          #org @txt
          = This is a test.
            #30    
          Old February 3rd, 2014 (12:37 AM).
          SpyGuy's Avatar
          SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 48
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by almarto View Post
            Hey guys, i've modified a bit the code for the transparent textboxes, now it can load different palettes based on the content of variable 0x8004.
            A table of pointers to the different palettes can be inserted in free space (along with the 2 ASM routines needed) and var 8004 will tell which pointer (and consequently which palette) to load.
            Example:
            Let's assume for simplicity:
            the 1st ASM is at 0x900000
            the 2nd is at 0xA00000
            the pointers table is at 0xB00000
            data at 0xB00000 is: 00 00 C0 08 00 00 D0 08 (respectively, pointers to 0xC00000 and 0xD00000)
            at 0xC00000 and 0xD00000 we have two different palettes stored
            A script would be (for XSE 1.1.1):
            Code:
            #dynamic 0x800000
            #org @start
            lock
            setvar 0x8004 0x // this value tells the code which pointer to load: 0x0 = first; 0x1 = second; ecc.
            callasm 0x08900000 // this calls the routine that makes the textbox transparent and with our palette
            msgbox @text 0x2
            callasm 0x08A00000 // this routine will restore the correct transparency and palette settings so things won't mess up
            release
            end
            
            #org @text
            = This is a Test.
            For any doubts, just ask
            Very good job! I have seen the images! They are amazing!

            I'm glad that the team has began to shape and is beginning to work on the first project "Pokemon zandite" Lets make this a good one!
            __________________
            Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

            You wont regret it!

              #31    
            Old February 4th, 2014 (4:33 AM).
            withuse's Avatar
            withuse withuse is offline
            withuse
               
              Join Date: Dec 2013
              Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 18
              sorry because i not good at tileset.
              __________________
                #32    
              Old February 4th, 2014 (10:20 PM).
              SpyGuy's Avatar
              SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 48
                Hey, this to someone who is good at tile inserting, We are in need of a good tile insert-er with tiles (that are usable) that can be inserted into Pokemon Zandite. We need your help! Please join! Thanks.
                __________________
                Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                You wont regret it!

                  #33    
                Old February 4th, 2014 (10:30 PM).
                HidoranBlaze's Avatar
                HidoranBlaze HidoranBlaze is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2013
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 253
                  @Spyguy
                  I can try, if you want me to. There are a few tutorials floating around on how to tile-insert, so I can try to emulate those.
                    #34    
                  Old February 4th, 2014 (10:35 PM).
                  SpyGuy's Avatar
                  SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 48
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by HidoranBlaze View Post
                    @Spyguy
                    I can try, if you want me to. There are a few tutorials floating around on how to tile-insert, so I can try to emulate those.

                    Okay sure! I'll PM you the patch right away!
                    Thanks!
                    __________________
                    Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                    You wont regret it!

                      #35    
                    Old February 4th, 2014 (10:42 PM).
                    HidoranBlaze's Avatar
                    HidoranBlaze HidoranBlaze is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 253
                      Ok
                      I won't be able to work on the tiles until Friday though. I'm going to be quite busy the next few days
                        #36    
                      Old February 4th, 2014 (10:44 PM).
                      SpyGuy's Avatar
                      SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 48
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by HidoranBlaze View Post
                        Ok
                        I won't be able to work on the tiles until Friday though. I'm going to be quite busy the next few days
                        KK, i sent you a PM with what I want you to try friday.
                        Thanks!
                        __________________
                        Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                        You wont regret it!

                          #37    
                        Old February 5th, 2014 (11:01 AM). Edited February 5th, 2014 by Kenny1.
                        Kenny1's Avatar
                        Kenny1 Kenny1 is offline
                        On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skills.
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 86
                          @SpyGuy
                          I could also try inserting new tiles.

                          I might not be successful but I can try.
                            #38    
                          Old February 6th, 2014 (2:23 AM).
                          SpyGuy's Avatar
                          SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 48
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Kenny1 View Post
                            @SpyGuy
                            I could also try inserting new tiles.

                            I might not be successful but I can try.
                            I think we should recruit a tile inserter, xD
                            for the meantime however, wanna help out?

                            Otherwise- We need a tile inserter! Please apply as one! So we can continue some more things!
                            __________________
                            Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                            You wont regret it!

                              #39    
                            Old February 6th, 2014 (6:12 AM).
                            Kenny1's Avatar
                            Kenny1 Kenny1 is offline
                            On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skills.
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 86
                              Yeah sure ill try my best
                                #40    
                              Old February 8th, 2014 (5:29 PM).
                              SpyGuy's Avatar
                              SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 48
                                Hey everyone, there are still many positions available! Be sure to join if you are interested!
                                __________________
                                Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                                You wont regret it!

                                  #41    
                                Old February 8th, 2014 (10:22 PM).
                                Kenny1's Avatar
                                Kenny1 Kenny1 is offline
                                On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skills.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 86
                                  Spyguy ill be a tile inserter. i will send you the patch as soon as i finish.

                                  And by be i mean actually not just tempory.
                                    #42    
                                  Old February 8th, 2014 (10:27 PM).
                                  SpyGuy's Avatar
                                  SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 48
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Kenny1 View Post
                                    Spyguy ill be a tile inserter. i will send you the patch as soon as i finish.

                                    And by be i mean actually not just tempory.
                                    Okay so you are temporarily the tile inserter. Nice, Until we get a tile inserter you can do the job thanks kenny1!
                                    __________________
                                    Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                                    You wont regret it!

                                      #43    
                                    Old February 8th, 2014 (10:31 PM).
                                    xGal xGal is offline
                                    Mhm
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2011
                                      Location: A tree
                                      Gender: Other
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 243
                                      Is this a serious hack? I mean that will it be canceled in two weeks?(like 80% from the teams I was). Just asking .
                                      __________________
                                        #44    
                                      Old February 8th, 2014 (10:44 PM).
                                      SpyGuy's Avatar
                                      SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 48
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by xGal View Post
                                        Is this a serious hack? I mean that will it be canceled in two weeks?(like 80% from the teams I was). Just asking .
                                        I hope it wont be canceled xD
                                        Nah jk, It wont. I will not allow it to be cancelled!
                                        __________________
                                        Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                                        You wont regret it!

                                          #45    
                                        Old February 8th, 2014 (10:56 PM).
                                        xGal xGal is offline
                                        Mhm
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2011
                                          Location: A tree
                                          Gender: Other
                                          Nature: Relaxed
                                          Posts: 243
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by SpyGuy View Post
                                          I hope it wont be canceled xD
                                          Nah jk, It wont. I will not allow it to be cancelled!
                                          Well, I believe you .

                                          Spoiler:
                                          Name: Gal
                                          Contact: Skype
                                          Skills: Everything but ASM, tiling and advanced hex editing.
                                          What you will apply for: Music Composer
                                          Rate yourself out of 10: I can't rate myself, only others could, but if I will have to, 8/10.
                                          Proof of Work: http://youtube.com/user/PokeStudioHQ
                                          Availability: Not now, because I am really sick, although I could send you some of my MIDIs I have already done (all I really do now is sleeping, going to W.C and chatting in whatsapp with my friends in school xD).
                                          __________________
                                            #46    
                                          Old February 8th, 2014 (11:00 PM).
                                          SpyGuy's Avatar
                                          SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2013
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 48
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by xGal View Post
                                            Well, I believe you .

                                            Spoiler:
                                            Name: Gal
                                            Contact: Skype
                                            Skills: Everything but ASM, tiling and advanced hex editing.
                                            What you will apply for: Music Composer
                                            Rate yourself out of 10: I can't rate myself, only others could, but if I will have to, 8/10.
                                            Proof of Work: http://youtube.com/user/PokeStudioHQ
                                            Availability: Not now, because I am really sick, although I could send you some of my MIDIs I have already done (all I really do now is sleeping, going to W.C and chatting in whatsapp with my friends in school xD).
                                            Accepted welcome to the team! Thanks for joining. And I will promise you now I'm not going to abandon this project. I have no intentions to at all.
                                            __________________
                                            Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                                            You wont regret it!

                                              #47    
                                            Old February 9th, 2014 (12:28 AM).
                                            Ivan Strider's Avatar
                                            Ivan Strider Ivan Strider is offline
                                            Knight of Hope
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2014
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 4
                                              Name: Ivan Strider (or Kyle)
                                              Contact: PM could work. Find Kai (Ivan) on skype as well
                                              Skills: Music Composing, Vs. Spriting
                                              What you will apply for: Music Composer
                                              Rate yourself out of 10: Composing 7-8/10 VS. Spriting (the sprites introducing the Gym leaders, and Elite 4) 8/10
                                              Proof of Work: Music composition @ Youtube channel Kelyx614. I don't know how to loop tracks correctly though and percussion is always a slight set back, but anyway. I've made 3 versus sprites but only one is public. Its on my Deviant art RedLink7.
                                              Availability: Usually most nights during Pacific time and sometimes weekdays and week end afternoons
                                              __________________
                                                #48    
                                              Old February 9th, 2014 (12:38 AM).
                                              SpyGuy's Avatar
                                              SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2013
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 48
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Ivan Strider View Post
                                                Name: Ivan Strider (or Kyle)
                                                Contact: PM could work. Find Kai (Ivan) on skype as well
                                                Skills: Music Composing, Vs. Spriting
                                                What you will apply for: Music Composer
                                                Rate yourself out of 10: Composing 7-8/10 VS. Spriting (the sprites introducing the Gym leaders, and Elite 4) 8/10
                                                Proof of Work: Music composition @ Youtube channel Kelyx614. I don't know how to loop tracks correctly though and percussion is always a slight set back, but anyway. I've made 3 versus sprites but only one is public. Its on my Deviant art RedLink7.
                                                Availability: Usually most nights during Pacific time and sometimes weekdays and week end afternoons
                                                Hey, You have been accepted as a music composer! Welcome aboard!
                                                I couldn't find your skype though. Can you add me? Spy.guy33?

                                                Anyways I Love your music! The other music composer is sick, so once you have added me on skype I have something I need you to do.

                                                Thanks for joining
                                                __________________
                                                Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                                                You wont regret it!

                                                  #49    
                                                Old February 9th, 2014 (11:57 AM). Edited February 9th, 2014 by Kenny1.
                                                Kenny1's Avatar
                                                Kenny1 Kenny1 is offline
                                                On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skills.
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 86
                                                  Ok guys I am struggling to insert tiles because the tiles get corrupted.
                                                  Ill try this week if I can, or else this weekend
                                                  This doesn't mean I'm giving up just that it'll take loger to insert than what I thought.
                                                  __________________
                                                  I'm no longer active here, I check back every now and then to see what happens, but that's it. I no longer hack either.
                                                    #50    
                                                  Old February 9th, 2014 (1:26 PM).
                                                  SpyGuy's Avatar
                                                  SpyGuy SpyGuy is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 48
                                                    Okay, we really need a tile insert-er to join! If you know how to do this, please join!

                                                    Cause I think kenny1 is having trouble.
                                                    __________________
                                                    Join my team - TEAM SOLAR AND LUNAR!

                                                    You wont regret it!

                                                     

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:10 AM.