Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #851    
Old July 15th, 2014 (9:56 AM).
Penelope's Avatar
Penelope Penelope is offline
fluffy Flaaffy
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hampton Va
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 91
I want the new Pikmin game, but used it's still $50 here and that isn't in my range for a used game. I was lucky enough to get a Super Mario Wii-U bundle when I nabbed Mario Kart
__________________

Sister: Shiny Whimsicott Brother: Infernape
Theme Credit: JohnnyMustang

Relevant Advertising!

  #852    
Old July 15th, 2014 (10:06 AM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
Not sure if you are doing a right thing... Imo Wii U isn't a console worth purchase...
Plus apparently it won't support Unreal Engine 4 so you might miss some new games.
I don't understand your post. Because you don't think the Wii U is personally worth it to you, I'm not making the "right" choice?

I know it's the right choice for me, because I love Nintendo games more than any other by far, I'm just sad that the Nintendo games I'm excited for aren't out yet. I'm planning on getting probably Wind Waker and Mario Kart to start with, and then building from there now that I have a steady paycheck so I can afford games.
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #853    
Old July 15th, 2014 (10:13 AM).
Judge Mandolore Shepard's Avatar
Judge Mandolore Shepard Judge Mandolore Shepard is offline
Spectre Agent
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Marysville, Washington State, United States
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Posts: 7,892
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname), Wii U, and PS4, I know my plans for when I get them. I am planning to buy myself a Xbox One sometime next year. As for Wii U, sometime after getting my Xbox One. Now for PS4, not until years after I have both the Xbox One and Wii U. Course certain games I am interested for them are not out yet, but I would need the right system for them first.
__________________
Owner of Play Well - The LEGO Fan Club

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio
  #854    
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:11 AM).
Mega Venusaur's Avatar
Mega Venusaur Mega Venusaur is offline
Muncher
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard View Post
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname), Wii U, and PS4, I know my plans for when I get them. I am planning to buy myself a Xbox One sometime next year. As for Wii U, sometime after getting my Xbox One. Now for PS4, not until years after I have both the Xbox One and Wii U. Course certain games I am interested for them are not out yet, but I would need the right system for them first.
I also plan out which consoles and games I want to buy and when. I don't know why, but it makes me seem more organised and it feels nicer, instead of randomly buying games which I don't have time for.
  #855    
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:25 AM).
Quilva's Avatar
Quilva Quilva is offline
Bored and lazy game dev
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ljubljana
Age: 17
Gender: Other
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 1,338
Except for that one time where i got bribed into buying HG, i usually just buy games i came to buy.
  #856    
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:30 AM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu machomuu is offline
Made of magic and a symphony of red dreams
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Americalanavania
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard View Post
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname)
Xbox -> 360 -> Xbone

It's just a nickname. Way faster than calling it Xbox One.
__________________
Paired to a literal Symphony of legs.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
  #857    
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:33 AM).
Quilva's Avatar
Quilva Quilva is offline
Bored and lazy game dev
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ljubljana
Age: 17
Gender: Other
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 1,338
I think Xbox One sounds better, i guess i'm just used to it (first time i heard Xbone really)
  #858    
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:44 AM).
Goku's Avatar
S A I Y A N
Administrator GT
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Disneyland
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,688
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

The Wii U has great titles already out for it now. I took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promotion, but also scored ZombiU off Amazon for $13. It's fantastic, despite some flaws. I'm really enjoying that one, especially when panic sets in as a horde of zombies approaches. Very entertaining. Obviously Mario Kart 8 is great and especially when you can play online with friends or fellow PC members.

No offense to those that like their Xbox Ones or PS4s, but the Wii U is where it's at right now. I'm 100% satisfied with mine and have not regretted the purchase once, aside from wishing I had a PC to play games on as well. :) I know people will fanboy over their respective consoles, but the Wii U has revitalized my love for Nintendo, whereas I felt the Wii was weaker and became my secondary console to the Xbox 360.

Seriously though, if you're worried about price, jump on the refurbished ones. They're guaranteed to work and have the same warranty a new console would have from Nintendo. I am thrilled for the lineup of games approaching in the coming months and next year for the Wii U and definitely feel like the console will earn back its worth with enjoyment.
__________________


NOW PLAYING:
OVERWATCH
CIVILIZATION VI
DISHONORED II
POKEMON SUN
  #859    
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:58 AM).
Mega Venusaur's Avatar
Mega Venusaur Mega Venusaur is offline
Muncher
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippy View Post
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

The Wii U has great titles already out for it now. I took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promotion, but also scored ZombiU off Amazon for $13. It's fantastic, despite some flaws. I'm really enjoying that one, especially when panic sets in as a horde of zombies approaches. Very entertaining. Obviously Mario Kart 8 is great and especially when you can play online with friends or fellow PC members.
I wish I had enough money to buy another Wii U just so that I get all of those amazing offers ...
  #860    
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:05 PM).
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Blade of Justice
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 4,061
Considering I don't play any kind of platformers and Zelda doesn't appeal to me, there's not much for me to enjoy on the Wii U right now. Whereas the other consoles have games that I worship (Dark Souls II <3)
__________________
|| ||
wattpad [nsfw] || tumblr [nsfw]

  #861    
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:07 PM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu machomuu is offline
Made of magic and a symphony of red dreams
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Americalanavania
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Considering I don't play any kind of platformers and Zelda doesn't appeal to me, there's not much for me to enjoy on the Wii U right now. Whereas the other consoles have games that I worship (Dark Souls II <3)
Dark Souls 2 isn't on the PS4 or Xbone, though.

And Platformers aren't even the biggest selling point of the Wii U at the moment. Zelda, either.
__________________
Paired to a literal Symphony of legs.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
  #862    
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:09 PM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by Spinosaurus.
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus Spinosaurus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,567
Yeah the Wii U is the best gaming device to get right now.

Even the 3DS doesn't have much except Smash, but the Wii U has the better version of it anyway. All the Vita is getting is games catering to those...weird otakus.

Though Master Chief collection is tempting me to get an XBone. 60fps Halo 1-3? YES PLEASE
Helps that it's looking to have other great games. I'm only interested in Uncharted 4 for the PS4.
__________________

         Twitter - Tumblr
  #863    
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:10 PM).
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Blade of Justice
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Dark Souls 2 isn't on the PS4 or Xbone, though.

And Platformers aren't even the biggest selling point of the Wii U at the moment. Zelda, either.
I know, that's why I said other consoles :p

I know, but that's mainly what Nintendo makes and a lot of Wii U games are first party which was kinda why the console was stalling in its first days. Imo that is.
__________________
|| ||
wattpad [nsfw] || tumblr [nsfw]

  #864    
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:13 PM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu machomuu is offline
Made of magic and a symphony of red dreams
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Americalanavania
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I know, that's why I said other consoles :p

I know, but that's mainly what Nintendo makes and a lot of Wii U games are first party which was kinda why the console was stalling in its first days. Imo that is.
When you said "Other Consoles", I assumed you were referring to other consoles of its generation (Xbone and PS4).

But the Xbone and PS4 have been stalling since launch as well. Exclusive-wise they're no much to scream about and I certainly wouldn't recommend that someone on the fence about either of the two get them, because they won't really have much to play and they cost quite a bit of dough.
__________________
Paired to a literal Symphony of legs.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
  #865    
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:14 PM).
Nah's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: over there
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,238
Well, I certainly have a lot to pick from now, don't I? Thanks everyone.
__________________
Nah
ShopRT Event
  #866    
Old July 15th, 2014 (3:54 PM).
TRIFORCE89's Avatar
TRIFORCE89 TRIFORCE89 is offline
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Temple of Light
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 8,138
Wii U is completely worth it. It's first-party heavy yeah, but that's how Nintendo's console always are. Increasingly so. If you like any Nintendo franchise, honestly their best incarnation is on the Wii U right now.
__________________
  #867    
Old July 15th, 2014 (4:44 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
Do the Wess dance!
AdministratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 12,303
Got to agree that with the promotion of MK8 and a free download it's certainly not a bad time to get a Wii U. I did so myself. =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Yeah the Wii U is the best gaming device to get right now.

Even the 3DS doesn't have much except Smash, but the Wii U has the better version of it anyway. All the Vita is getting is games catering to those...weird otakus.

Though Master Chief collection is tempting me to get an XBone. 60fps Halo 1-3? YES PLEASE
Helps that it's looking to have other great games. I'm only interested in Uncharted 4 for the PS4.
Gotta disagree that you say the 3ds doesn't have much - I think otherwise, it has too many game for me to have all the ones I'm interested in in fact.
__________________
  #868    
Old July 15th, 2014 (4:50 PM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu machomuu is offline
Made of magic and a symphony of red dreams
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Americalanavania
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Gotta disagree that you say the 3ds doesn't have much - I think otherwise, it has too many game for me to have all the ones I'm interested in in fact.
Same here. I just watched E3 with tears streaming, all the while thinking, "I don't need this. I shouldn't be watching this." The 3DS is going to be the bane of my wallet's existence, I swear.
__________________
Paired to a literal Symphony of legs.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
  #869    
Old July 15th, 2014 (4:54 PM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by Goku.
Goku's Avatar
S A I Y A N
Administrator GT
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Disneyland
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,688
To me, Nintendo has THE consoles that are great to have right now. See above for my reasoning behind the Wii U, but the 3DS has a fantastic lineup as well.

I bought my 3DS for the sole purpose of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I was encouraged to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening, which after burning out on Animal Crossing some, I played to death because that game is pure joy. I've also got Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon X, and Super Mario 3D Land. I've spent a good deal of time on all the games I own for the 3DS and have had my 3DS for awhile now. I'm not tired of it still. It's great for some really long-term fun games. I also have Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but I've yet to play that one (been too busy with my Wii U). :)

I will say (just to refer to the Xbone/PS4)...there are a FEW games on both systems that I want to play. Dead Rising 3 looks like another neat game in that franchise (I bought my Xbox 360 after seeing the original Dead Rising - it's one of my all-time favorite games). I'm sure each will come into their own before long, but I just see no logical reason to buy either currently when their lineups are very weak. Perhaps by Black Friday/Christmas-time, they'll be of better value (to me). For those that enjoy/like their systems, congrats and glad you're at least gaming.

All I know is...I really, really wanna game on a PC, but I still need to build one. :)
__________________


NOW PLAYING:
OVERWATCH
CIVILIZATION VI
DISHONORED II
POKEMON SUN
  #870    
Old July 15th, 2014 (4:58 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippy View Post
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.
Sold. I was going to wait one more paycheck and get it early August but with the refurb discount and a free game? I'll get one on my paycheck on Friday :)
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #871    
Old July 15th, 2014 (5:04 PM).
Goku's Avatar
S A I Y A N
Administrator GT
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Disneyland
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
Sold. I was going to wait one more paycheck and get it early August but with the refurb discount and a free game? I'll get one on my paycheck on Friday :)
That's what I'm talkin' about! :D

__________________


NOW PLAYING:
OVERWATCH
CIVILIZATION VI
DISHONORED II
POKEMON SUN
  #872    
Old July 15th, 2014 (5:05 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,204
Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #873    
Old July 15th, 2014 (5:06 PM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu machomuu is offline
Made of magic and a symphony of red dreams
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Americalanavania
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x
Not at all, the majority of games make use of the gamepad to the point where you can use it exclusively.

Be careful, though, as some use them in conjunction with each other. What games are you planning on getting, initially?
__________________
Paired to a literal Symphony of legs.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
  #874    
Old July 15th, 2014 (5:06 PM).
Goku's Avatar
S A I Y A N
Administrator GT
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Disneyland
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x
Not sure on most games, since I only own a few. Mario Kart can be played on the GamePad exclusively. No TV needed. ZombiU, not sure on. NintendoLand can be played on the GamePad alone for solo games, as far as I know.
__________________


NOW PLAYING:
OVERWATCH
CIVILIZATION VI
DISHONORED II
POKEMON SUN
  #875    
Old July 15th, 2014 (5:09 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Not at all, the majority of games make use of the gamepad to the point where you can use it exclusively.

Be careful, though, as some use them in conjunction with each other. What games are you planning on getting, initially?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippy View Post
Not sure on most games, since I only own a few. Mario Kart can be played on the GamePad exclusively. No TV needed. ZombiU, not sure on. NintendoLand can be played on the GamePad alone for solo games, as far as I know.
Just Mario Kart and Wind Waker to start. Then Pikmin 3 next paycheck, then...idk!
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:00 PM.