• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Nyan's arts

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Just thought I'd share some of my artwork here. ^_^

(Images are pretty big, IMO.)

This first one here is something I did in 7th grade for a scratch board assignment in art class.
Spoiler:

Here's an awesome Flygon I drew about a year ago.
Spoiler:

Here's a Leafeon I drew around the same time as the Flygon.
Spoiler:

This is a Lucario suit Gir from Invader Zim I made. Hehe. ^_^
Spoiler:

Here is some Vulpix line art I drew more recently.
Spoiler:

Here's my most recent works. First, this OC of mine named Miku Yamase. This is one of my many head anatomy practices.
Spoiler:

And finally, here's some chibis I drew. The blue haired one is me, the red head is my lovely lover. <3 Here, I was testing out my shading and coloring abilities.
Spoiler:

Hope you like my works!

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Umbreon is great. :D I've never done a scratch board assignment myself - looks fun!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/287/5/4/be_mine__by_knux_rouge4270-d6qfb4c.jpg
Absolutely adore these Chibis. I must say, though, you managed to draw yourself better hehe. This kind of coloring just suits this style of work - looks good. I wish you hadn't hidden the hands, though. Hands are kinda difficult to draw, yes, but you did away with quite a bit of potential goodness by deciding to hide the hands. :P I mean, showing off the hands could've resulted in a better/slightly more dynamic pose. But I guess them being behind her compliments the "awkward" vibe the character's giving off while blushing. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

Also, lover's wings just seem off for some reason. They're drawn in a manner in which they'd appear if the person who had them on their back were to face away from the viewer. But here the viewer is having a side view - the wings should've been drawn accordingly, imo. Good try, though!

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/287/5/4/be_mine__by_knux_rouge4270-d6qfb4c.jpg
Absolutely adore these Chibis. I must say, though, you managed to draw yourself better hehe. This kind of coloring just suits this style of work - looks good. I wish you hadn't hidden the hands, though. Hands are kinda difficult to draw, yes, but you did away with quite a bit of potential goodness by deciding to hide the hands. :P I mean, showing off the hands could've resulted in a better/slightly more dynamic pose. But I guess them being behind her compliments the "awkward" vibe the character's giving off while blushing. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

Also, lover's wings just seem off for some reason. They're drawn in a manner in which they'd appear if the person who had them on their back were to face away from the viewer. But here the viewer is having a side view - the wings should've been drawn accordingly, imo. Good try, though!

Heehee, I know that last one is a bit awkward. I was really only trying my coloring here though, so I guess that forgives it's awkwardness? :? I don't know, I like it. :>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
The zorua drawing is great. Just next time show it looking left or right to show it's body and head. Nice art work :)

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Finally, an update! a small one, albeit, but an update is an update!

Here's a full-body version of my oc Miku Yamase in her dragon-forme.
Spoiler:

Her hair isn't curly and long like in this one because I wanted to see what i could do with wind effects. (And when she turns into her dragon forme, her hair gets shorter and thinner to make it easier to fly.)

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
OKAY HUGE UPDATE.
I had lost my thread, so I haven't updated in a while, I'm so sorry. ;n;

A Vocaloid fanart sketch of Megpoid Gumi
Spoiler:

One of my digital arts that actually came out WELL.
Spoiler:

A Dave Strider chibi that is adorable
Spoiler:

One of my OC's
Spoiler:

Roxy lalonde
Spoiler:

****ing around with my selfies
Spoiler:

Rose lalonde sketch and digital colored
Spoiler:

Sollux from Homestuck
Spoiler:

Some vent art I did
Spoiler:

A redraw of one of my OC's. The original is in the first post.
Spoiler:

Some Pokémon doodles I did for my foster sisters (cuties wanted to pay me. ^-^ of course I said no.)
Spoiler:

First time drawing Warriors Cats and it turned out GOOD?! And the digital coloring turned out GOOD TOO?! I'm on a roll!
Spoiler:

A collab I did with someone on DeviantART. I drew the lineart and they colored.
Spoiler:

A chibi of myself I used for my DeviantID.
Spoiler:

Some text art I did that references the webisodes "Don't hug me I'm scared"
Spoiler:

And last but not least, a Bad Apple!! Picture referencing one of the Touhou game's song. I took a picture of myself for a base.
Spoiler:

Well, I hope you all enjoy this huge-ass update.

Feel free to critique me, give me constructive criticism, whatevs! I'm here to improve!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Taking into consideration your skill level, my only major complaint is that your linework is shaky on the mon's. Otherwise, they look pretty good (and frankly you'll get better with that with time). While I think the actual drawing could use some improvement, I like your design of that cat character in your last post. Has kind of a jester feel to it.

Your humans look a bit too anime-ish. They're not terrible, and I can tell the potential is there, but I would totally recommend just experimenting with a mannequin or even a friend who is willing to model for you so you can get those details down a lot more. I have found that sketching very basic shapes of what I want my character to look like helps a lot. Remember - if you do the anatomy first, and the manga-style later, it comes out MUCH better!

Also, on the Leafeon on the first one, it looks like you forgot a simple line on her leg! It makes her other front leg look ridiculously chubby. One simple little line fixes all of that though :)

Remember to experiment with your styles and feel free to try new things.

Also, if you've ever used prismacolor coloured pencils, what I do is I layer down similar colours down and use that as lighting, and by pressing down hard it allows for vibrant colours to come out of it. I should really make a tutorial, since it comes out awesome (but don't press too hard or else it will hurt your hand lol)

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Taking into consideration your skill level, my only major complaint is that your linework is shaky on the mon's. Otherwise, they look pretty good (and frankly you'll get better with that with time). While I think the actual drawing could use some improvement, I like your design of that cat character in your last post. Has kind of a jester feel to it.

Your humans look a bit too anime-ish. They're not terrible, and I can tell the potential is there, but I would totally recommend just experimenting with a mannequin or even a friend who is willing to model for you so you can get those details down a lot more. I have found that sketching very basic shapes of what I want my character to look like helps a lot. Remember - if you do the anatomy first, and the manga-style later, it comes out MUCH better!

Also, on the Leafeon on the first one, it looks like you forgot a simple line on her leg! It makes her other front leg look ridiculously chubby. One simple little line fixes all of that though :)

Remember to experiment with your styles and feel free to try new things.

Also, if you've ever used prismacolor coloured pencils, what I do is I layer down similar colours down and use that as lighting, and by pressing down hard it allows for vibrant colours to come out of it. I should really make a tutorial, since it comes out awesome (but don't press too hard or else it will hurt your hand lol)

Thank you very much for the advice and critique! I'll try to start using some models for a better realism.

Here's an Aradia I sketched and used as a test dummy for pastels
Spoiler:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • She/Her
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
You remind me a bit of myself at your age, as I was in a similar place with art. You're off to a good start, just keep drawing! I agree with daigonite's assessment, but you should also remember to think of things in terms of volumes in space. Look at parts of animals and see that they can be blocked into basic shapes like spheres, cylinders, wedges, etc. You will need to learn some anatomy to figure out how parts attach and move, but that comes with time and study and practice. Keep it up! :3

Back