Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old February 23rd, 2014 (2:27 PM).
XpokeX's Avatar
XpokeX XpokeX is offline
I'm a ninja and im..... gone
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Age: 16
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 156
    Hey guys,this is one of my first posts and wonder if anyone here have gotten the case of mystery/bad eggs in their game?i read about it and got pretty scared of wonder trading so is this actually true?
    __________________

    "Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old February 23rd, 2014 (3:02 PM).
    I've Come to Bargain's Avatar
    I've Come to Bargain I've Come to Bargain is offline
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: New York, USA
    Posts: 11,882
    As far as I'm aware, bad eggs never hatch and turn all Pokémon in your PC (within the same box) into eggs as well. Not exactly sure if this real; it might be fake. I don't think eggs could be traded over Wonder Trade, though, so no need to worry too much. :)
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old February 23rd, 2014 (5:25 PM).
    overdid's Avatar
    overdid overdid is offline
    queen
       
      Join Date: Feb 2014
      Age: 23
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 15
      "This glitch is in need of research."

      "Occasionally, a player will randomly find an Egg that appears in the Pokémon Storage System with its data set as being obtained from the Mystery Zone at 0/0/2000.[1][2] These Eggs appear as an anti-cheating measure. The checksum data from the game becomes corrupted and causes the glitch to occur. These Eggs duplicate after an unspecified amount of time, and will also replace Pokémon in the box until the entire box is filled with these Mystery Eggs, much like the Bad Eggs of previous generations. If the Eggs are selected, the player's save file can become corrupted or deleted."

      - Bulbapedia (sorry, can't post links under 15 post (for source))

      I enjoy Wonder Trading because of hidden ability Pokemon, to fill the Pokedex and mainly because of the Pokemiles it gives for PP Up.

      I hope this will get sorted out soon, and that Nintendo will make a patch to fix it.
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old February 23rd, 2014 (6:33 PM).
      XpokeX's Avatar
      XpokeX XpokeX is offline
      I'm a ninja and im..... gone
         
        Join Date: Feb 2014
        Age: 16
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 156
        Some person said that the mystery eggs have reached the GTS as well o.O hope this gets fixed sooner.
        __________________

        "Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old February 23rd, 2014 (7:04 PM).
        Phangy's Avatar
        Phangy Phangy is offline
        Master
           
          Join Date: Oct 2013
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 219
          eggs cannot be traded through wonder trade or gts, only direct play trades, the 'bad eggs' are pokemon that turn into an egg, it's rare that it happens, but if it does, don't touch it and move all your pokemon from that box. Nothings else you can do, and you can't prevent it from happening unfortunately. I haven't heard of it happening recently though, i would hope nintendo would have a fix for such a thing in one of the updates.
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old February 23rd, 2014 (10:42 PM).
          Shhmew's Avatar
          Shhmew Shhmew is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2013
            Location: drifting
            Age: 22
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 332
            I have never heard of someone receiving a bad egg through wonder trading. In fact, the only case of receiving a "Mystery Zone" egg that I heard of (which by the way was a while ago), he said the egg appeared in his box randomly, not through wonder trade. He started his game over and it was still in his box, so I'd assume it was a strange problem with his game, or the SD card, or something.

            Regardless, don't be afraid of wonder trading, it's perfectly safe [:
            __________________
            F L O A T like a Butterfree, S T I N G like a Beedrill!
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old February 23rd, 2014 (11:34 PM).
            Xerneas_X's Avatar
            Xerneas_X Xerneas_X is offline
            Raven
               
              Join Date: Aug 2013
              Location: California
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 447
              All i can recommend is if you get a bad egg.

              1. Thanks to Pokemon Bank, stick it into a box if it lets you. get it out of your game rather than sticking it into a box alone..

              2. if you can't get rid of it through the bank.. just go ahead and segregate it from any box with Pokemon you care about or in the middle of a box all by itself.

              3. this may seem cruel, but open a trade with a random passerby and trade them the egg.

              4. Find someone on the forums who is planning to restart their adventure and ask if they are willing to take the egg to destroy it when they wipe their game.

              5. or if none of the solutions above are viable, Restart your own adventure
              __________________
              My Friend Code: 3325-2732-4817 - In-Game Name: Raven
              My Shop: [Pending Re-Grand Opening]
              My Trade Review: Raven's Trade Review

              As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
              As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old February 24th, 2014 (9:52 AM).
              Howmander's Avatar
              Howmander Howmander is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2013
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 1,955
                considering when you run a google search on pokemon bad eggs, and the first couple pages consist entirely of screen shots from R/S/E/Fr/Lg or people's drawings, I wouldn't be too worried about it happening in current gen games. (not that it CAN'T happen, just not that its something you have to worry about every time you turn on your game or interact with another person)

                And really, weren't bad eggs a result of badly hacked pokemon in the gen 3 games? Not just random occurrences (This is speaking from personal experience, I did use hacking devices in gen 3 games and produced a few bad eggs till I figured out what I was doing.)
                __________________
                Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
                My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old February 24th, 2014 (10:00 AM).
                Xerneas_X's Avatar
                Xerneas_X Xerneas_X is offline
                Raven
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2013
                  Location: California
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 447
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                  considering when you run a google search on pokemon bad eggs, and the first couple pages consist entirely of screen shots from R/S/E/Fr/Lg or people's drawings, I wouldn't be too worried about it happening in current gen games. (not that it CAN'T happen, just not that its something you have to worry about every time you turn on your game or interact with another person)

                  And really, weren't bad eggs a result of badly hacked pokemon in the gen 3 games? Not just random occurrences (This is speaking from personal experience, I did use hacking devices in gen 3 games and produced a few bad eggs till I figured out what I was doing.)

                  Actually they do exist in 6th gen, there's vids on youtube of people with it, even individuals who got it as soon as within 2 days after the release date of X&Y (before any hacks existed). Also some individuals do get them from Wondertrade, the theory is it's caused by soem random trash data/failed checksum (extra data) as the result of trading or the other theory is a corrupt game cartridge (which can explain why some individuals got it as soon as they began playing, before the 2nd gym. Also they don't necessarily duplicate, rather the conditions that caused one to appear, still exist, so basically it's just a new egg, so it can be easily mistaken as the original one duplicating.
                  __________________
                  My Friend Code: 3325-2732-4817 - In-Game Name: Raven
                  My Shop: [Pending Re-Grand Opening]
                  My Trade Review: Raven's Trade Review

                  As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
                  As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old February 24th, 2014 (11:15 AM). Edited February 24th, 2014 by Banned.
                  Banned's Avatar
                  Banned Banned is offline
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2013
                  Age: 25
                  Posts: 418
                  I received an Egg through Wonder Trade, so unless there's been some patch since then (this was back in December), Eggs can definitely be Wonder Traded. Luckily it hatched into a perfectly normal Trapinch. Although I was very disappointed when it hatched lol.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
                  All i can recommend is if you get a bad egg.

                  1. Thanks to Pokemon Bank, stick it into a box if it lets you. get it out of your game rather than sticking it into a box alone..

                  2. if you can't get rid of it through the bank.. just go ahead and segregate it from any box with Pokemon you care about or in the middle of a box all by itself.

                  3. this may seem cruel, but open a trade with a random passerby and trade them the egg.

                  4. Find someone on the forums who is planning to restart their adventure and ask if they are willing to take the egg to destroy it when they wipe their game.

                  5. or if none of the solutions above are viable, Restart your own adventure
                  Whatever you do, DO NOT follow this advice if you get a Bad Egg. Interacting with it in any way can corrupt your entire save file, so the best thing to do is to move all other Pokemon in its box to a different one.
                  __________________
                  My friend code is 1547-5175-7641; feel free to add me! Send me a message with yours and I'll add you back.

                  Reply With Quote
                    #11    
                  Old February 24th, 2014 (11:31 AM).
                  Howmander's Avatar
                  Howmander Howmander is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 1,955
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by berlyda View Post
                    I received an Egg through Wonder Trade, so unless there's been some patch since then (this was back in December), Eggs can definitely be Wonder Traded. Luckily it hatched into a perfectly normal Trapinch. Although I was very disappointed when it hatched lol.



                    Whatever you do, DO NOT follow this advice if you get a Bad Egg. Interacting with it in any way can corrupt your entire save file, so the best thing to do is to move all other Pokemon in its box to a different one.
                    I dont' know how you received an egg through wonder trade since you haven't ever been able to send eggs through wonder trade (And I'm speaking since Oct 22, 2013 when someone was trading directly with me through trade and of the pokemon they were showing me, one was an egg, so I tried to wonder trade an egg as soon as I could and EVERY time I try the game ALWAYS says "You can't offer an egg for trade." both through wonder trade and through the GTS, so I think receiving an egg through wonder trade is as likely as the people who say they received a Mega Stone through wonder trade.
                    __________________
                    Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
                    My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ
                    Reply With Quote
                      #12    
                    Old February 24th, 2014 (11:34 AM). Edited February 24th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
                    Xerneas_X's Avatar
                    Xerneas_X Xerneas_X is offline
                    Raven
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2013
                      Location: California
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Lonely
                      Posts: 447
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                      I dont' know how you received an egg through wonder trade since you haven't ever been able to send eggs through wonder trade (And I'm speaking since Oct 22, 2013 when someone was trading directly with me through trade and of the pokemon they were showing me, one was an egg, so I tried to wonder trade an egg as soon as I could and EVERY time I try the game ALWAYS says "You can't offer an egg for trade." both through wonder trade and through the GTS, so I think receiving an egg through wonder trade is as likely as the people who say they received a Mega Stone through wonder trade.
                      I've traded many eggs before. eggs are tradeable in person to person trade, of course not on wonder trade or gts. but normal eggs have absolutely no relation to a bad egg other than the similar appearance. Anyways, you get Bad Eggs on wondertrade as an extra hidden surprise in your PC boxes, you of course get the pokemon it showed you receive in the trade as well.

                      here's something a bit more informative about bad/mystery eggs in gen VI:

                      "Mystery Egg" appears to be (the product of) an error handler for invalid Pokemon data, in much the same way that Generation I's "MISSINGNO." name was (the product of) an error handler for Pokemon species that had zero-length names. The "Mystery Egg" error handler exists in order to handle invalid Pokemon data -- to supply various parts of the game engine with valid data, so that things don't break.

                      Accordingly, it seems reasonable to assume that Mystery Eggs can never hatch, or that they will simply hatch into other Mystery Eggs (akin to Species 253 in Generation II). If they are intended as error handlers and safe wrappers for invalid data, then why would they hatch into anything else?

                      Mystery Eggs appear to have been acquired from the "Mystery Zone" on "0/0/2000". This is likely because the relevant data is either null (zero), or is being treated as null by the "Mystery Egg" event handler. "Mystery Zone" is yet another error handler: a placeholder name given to maps and locations that don't have their own names. You could therefore read the Egg's origin as: "obtained from nowhere on never."

                      So if Mystery Eggs are simply safe wrappers for invalid data, then why would they multiply? Well, on a stable and undamaged copy of the game, they wouldn't. The most likely explanation is that some individuals have damaged copies of Pokemon X and Y that are creating invalid Pokemon in the PC, likely by mistaking empty PC slots for filled ones. The parts of the game that are still functioning properly catch the resulting invalid Pokemon and handle them as Mystery Eggs.
                      __________________
                      My Friend Code: 3325-2732-4817 - In-Game Name: Raven
                      My Shop: [Pending Re-Grand Opening]
                      My Trade Review: Raven's Trade Review

                      As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
                      As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #13    
                      Old February 24th, 2014 (11:40 AM).
                      Banned's Avatar
                      Banned Banned is offline
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2013
                      Age: 25
                      Posts: 418
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                      I dont' know how you received an egg through wonder trade since you haven't ever been able to send eggs through wonder trade (And I'm speaking since Oct 22, 2013 when someone was trading directly with me through trade and of the pokemon they were showing me, one was an egg, so I tried to wonder trade an egg as soon as I could and EVERY time I try the game ALWAYS says "You can't offer an egg for trade." both through wonder trade and through the GTS, so I think receiving an egg through wonder trade is as likely as the people who say they received a Mega Stone through wonder trade.
                      Weird... I'm fairly certain it was a Wonder Trade since I don't really ever do direct trades, and when I do it's shiny for shiny. I remember it was a French one, so it was called "Oeuf". I guess it's possible that I was feeling generous after trading for a shiny and decided to give away one of my IV-bred Pokemon for an Egg. I've done some giveaways like that in the past.
                      __________________
                      My friend code is 1547-5175-7641; feel free to add me! Send me a message with yours and I'll add you back.

                      Reply With Quote
                        #14    
                      Old February 24th, 2014 (11:49 AM).
                      Howmander's Avatar
                      Howmander Howmander is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 1,955
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
                        I've traded many eggs before. eggs are tradeable in person to person trade, of course not on wonder trade or gts. but normal eggs have absolutely no relation to a bad egg other than the similar appearance. Anyways, you get Bad Eggs on wondertrade as an extra hidden surprise in your PC boxes, you of course get the pokemon it showed you receive in the trade as well.
                        No offence but are you just not reading the posts of mine you're quoting? I never said you couldn't trade eggs at all, I just said you can't trade them not he GTS or Wonder Trade. In addition, I never said bad eggs don't exist at all in gen 6, I said
                        Quote:
                        not that it CAN'T happen, just not that its something you have to worry about every time you turn on your game or interact with another person
                        Sorry, it just seems you keep refuting what I didn't say with things i already said in the quote you're quoting.
                        __________________
                        Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
                        My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ
                        Reply With Quote
                          #15    
                        Old February 24th, 2014 (11:51 AM).
                        Xerneas_X's Avatar
                        Xerneas_X Xerneas_X is offline
                        Raven
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2013
                          Location: California
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 447
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                          No offence but are you just not reading the posts of mine you're quoting? I never said you couldn't trade eggs at all, I just said you can't trade them not he GTS or Wonder Trade. In addition, I never said bad eggs don't exist at all in gen 6, I said

                          Sorry, it just seems you keep refuting what I didn't say with things i already said in the quote you're quoting.
                          probably misreading/skimming i am literally battling on Pokemon x and watching a youtube video at the same time, not to mention making the reply xD!
                          __________________
                          My Friend Code: 3325-2732-4817 - In-Game Name: Raven
                          My Shop: [Pending Re-Grand Opening]
                          My Trade Review: Raven's Trade Review

                          As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
                          As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
                          Reply With Quote
                            #16    
                          Old February 25th, 2014 (12:28 AM).
                          XpokeX's Avatar
                          XpokeX XpokeX is offline
                          I'm a ninja and im..... gone
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2014
                            Age: 16
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 156
                            I guess different thoughts on it and based on what i know(so far)
                            You don't recieve them as eggs from wonder trade,they are legit pokemon that got kinda corrupted/failed in the process of the trade and turns into the mystery egg in the boxes.

                            And as what I discovered like howmander said,touching or interacting with the bad egg is not a good idea,as interaction with the egg can cause deletion/Glitching or corruption with the game.

                            When you get a bad egg it's a good idea to
                            1.quarantine it in its box
                            2.remove all pokemon in the box it was in and quarantine them in their own boxes as well
                            3.do not touch the bad egg as it can ruin your game
                            __________________

                            "Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
                            Reply With Quote
                              #17    
                            Old February 25th, 2014 (2:31 PM).
                            Phangy's Avatar
                            Phangy Phangy is offline
                            Master
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2013
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 219
                              anyone else notice that we're all just repeating each other?
                              Reply With Quote
                                #18    
                              Old February 25th, 2014 (2:40 PM).
                              Pinta77's Avatar
                              Pinta77 Pinta77 is offline
                              Swadloon Trainer
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                              Location: San Jose
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 703
                              I'm pretty sure that bad egg is only in gen 3 anyway.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #19    
                              Old February 25th, 2014 (2:44 PM). Edited February 25th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
                              Xerneas_X's Avatar
                              Xerneas_X Xerneas_X is offline
                              Raven
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2013
                                Location: California
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 447
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Pinta77 View Post
                                I'm pretty sure that bad egg is only in gen 3 anyway.
                                they exist in gen 6 and have been verified, there's even video as far back as October before hacking even existed for X&Y (below), only difference is they are called "Mystery Egg" now instead of "Bad Egg" due to their location in the stats window being Mystery Zone.

                                This video's from October 13th (person only owned the game for 1 day).


                                And a follow up video a month later of their experience with them (his personal bad eggs is probably due to a corrupt game cart):
                                __________________
                                My Friend Code: 3325-2732-4817 - In-Game Name: Raven
                                My Shop: [Pending Re-Grand Opening]
                                My Trade Review: Raven's Trade Review

                                As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
                                As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #20    
                                Old February 25th, 2014 (6:22 PM).
                                scprepschool's Avatar
                                scprepschool scprepschool is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                                  Location: Mo f*%#$'n Pallet Town
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Jolly
                                  Posts: 412
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                                  I dont' know how you received an egg through wonder trade since you haven't ever been able to send eggs through wonder trade (And I'm speaking since Oct 22, 2013 when someone was trading directly with me through trade and of the pokemon they were showing me, one was an egg, so I tried to wonder trade an egg as soon as I could and EVERY time I try the game ALWAYS says "You can't offer an egg for trade." both through wonder trade and through the GTS, so I think receiving an egg through wonder trade is as likely as the people who say they received a Mega Stone through wonder trade.
                                  The theory of the gen 6 bad eggs is that they are received through wonder trade ( whether it is a super hack, or by unknown defect ) the first rumours about them was ppl urging others to not interact with egg received through WT because in the perfect server the WT will never let you trade eggs.
                                  If it is true and its not a result of hacking, I'm assuming it is a case of bad luck and the opposite of the two Ds cloning method. With that method, turning one game off at the right time will result in a clone, if the bad egg is true and its not someone hacking I'm thinking it is due to a total connection drop at the perfect ( yet bad ) time, causing the data being sent to result in becoming trash data...
                                  But that would mean that pokemon would have not so great servers... well poke bank, so it might be possible
                                  But yea you're right, the standard is that no eggs can be sent through WT
                                  __________________
                                  Friend Code XY: 3625-8233-2439
                                  Safari type: fairy: togepi, jigglypuff,floette

                                  you gotta know that I adore you
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #21    
                                  Old February 25th, 2014 (11:24 PM).
                                  Pinta77's Avatar
                                  Pinta77 Pinta77 is offline
                                  Swadloon Trainer
                                  • Silver Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                  Location: San Jose
                                  Age: 22
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 703
                                  Oh wow o.o this guy sounds concerned
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #22    
                                  Old February 26th, 2014 (1:33 AM).
                                  XpokeX's Avatar
                                  XpokeX XpokeX is offline
                                  I'm a ninja and im..... gone
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2014
                                    Age: 16
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Lonely
                                    Posts: 156
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
                                    they exist in gen 6 and have been verified, there's even video as far back as October before hacking even existed for X&Y (below), only difference is they are called "Mystery Egg" now instead of "Bad Egg" due to their location in the stats window being Mystery Zone.

                                    This video's from October 13th (person only owned the game for 1 day).


                                    And a follow up video a month later of their experience with them (his personal bad eggs is probably due to a corrupt game cart):
                                    Thnx for sharing the video,sorrowdemonica.i guess wonder trade isn't the culprit.
                                    __________________

                                    "Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #23    
                                    Old February 26th, 2014 (1:40 AM).
                                    Xerneas_X's Avatar
                                    Xerneas_X Xerneas_X is offline
                                    Raven
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2013
                                      Location: California
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 447
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by XpokeX View Post
                                      Thnx for sharing the video,sorrowdemonica.i guess wonder trade isn't the culprit.
                                      Well that's one case, his sounds like a corrupt cart, since it happened to him As soon as he starts the game, already waiting for him in his PC on a newly fresh started game (as he states in the 2nd video).

                                      However there are other reported cases, some with proof (photos/videos) of individuals who stated their bad/mystery eggs appeared after a trade, wondertrade, or randomly appearing..

                                      I think they just can appear for anyone at anytime after doing anything.. just if something processes wrong, glitches, corrupts, receive extra data, or fails a checksum, you can find yourself a bad egg. So if receiving a Mystery egg after a Wonder Trade is coincidence or not, if it hasn't happened to you yet, then it's probably never going to happen. Maybe those few people who indeed get their Bad/Mystery eggs after wonder trade, maybe it's that portion of their Game Cartridge that controls Wonder Trading that's corrupted so it get's triggered when they do. But your guess is as good as anyone else
                                      __________________
                                      My Friend Code: 3325-2732-4817 - In-Game Name: Raven
                                      My Shop: [Pending Re-Grand Opening]
                                      My Trade Review: Raven's Trade Review

                                      As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
                                      As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #24    
                                      Old February 26th, 2014 (1:48 AM).
                                      XpokeX's Avatar
                                      XpokeX XpokeX is offline
                                      I'm a ninja and im..... gone
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2014
                                        Age: 16
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Lonely
                                        Posts: 156
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
                                        Well that's one case, his sounds like a corrupt cart, since it happened to him As soon as he starts the game, already waiting for him in his PC on a newly fresh started game (as he states in the 2nd video).

                                        However there are other reported cases, some with proof (photos/videos) of individuals who stated their bad/mystery eggs appeared after a trade, wondertrade, or randomly appearing..

                                        I think they just can appear for anyone at anytime after doing anything.. just if something processes wrong, glitches, corrupts, receive extra data, or fails a checksum, you can find yourself a bad egg. So if receiving a Mystery egg after a Wonder Trade is coincidence or not, if it hasn't happened to you yet, then it's probably never going to happen. Maybe those few people who indeed get their Bad/Mystery eggs after wonder trade, maybe it's that portion of their Game Cartridge that controls Wonder Trading that's corrupted so it get's triggered when they do. But your guess is as good as anyone else
                                        That was a deep explanation.And yeah i guess your right.just hope this doesnt happen to more people and a fix to be made soon enough
                                        __________________

                                        "Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #25    
                                        Old February 26th, 2014 (2:04 AM).
                                        Pinta77's Avatar
                                        Pinta77 Pinta77 is offline
                                        Swadloon Trainer
                                        • Silver Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2008
                                        Location: San Jose
                                        Age: 22
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 703
                                        Makes sense, but I've never heard of corrupt cartridges before until now. I mean I'm sure it can happen, but shouldn't it have happened in other games like D/P/P or B/W if it was ever going to happen?
                                        Reply With Quote
                                        Reply
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:33 PM.