• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moar OU team

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah, I went and made another OU team. I want to see what you all think of it and what needs to be improved/fixed (because like with everything I do, there's probably some error and/or things that need to be improved):

-Gyarados w/Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs; 156 HP, 72 Attack, 96 Defense, 180 Sp.Defense,4 Speed
    Moves: Waterfall, Bounce, Dragon Dance, Taunt

Yeah, people prefer the new Bulkydos EV spread, but I like my Bulkydos to be, ya know, bulky.

-Conkeldurr w/Assault Vest
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Guts
    EVs; 252 Attack, 236 Sp.Defense, 20 Speed
    Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Ice Punch, Knock Off

-Donphan w/Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Attack
    Moves: Earthquake, Rapid Spin, Ice Shard, Stealth Rock

I know Donphan isn't everyone's first choice for a spinner, but I didn't wanna use Excadrill for the millionth time, and Starmie/Tentacruel/Mandibuzz would just add another Electric weakness to the team.

-Mega Charizard Y w/Charizardite Y
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Blaze--->Drought
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Moves: Flamethrower, SolarBeam, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast

-Cresselia w/Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP, 200 Defense, 56 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Moonlight, Ice Beam, Moonblast, Thunder Wave

The Sp.Defense EVs are so she can take special hits a little better. She is a mixed wall after all, and Donphan helps out with physical attackers.

-Roserade w/Black Sludge
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Sleep Powder

Why Roserade in OU? Because Rosie counters Rotom-W.

So please, tell me any and all suggestions/fixes/different team members you can think of. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm kind of not convinced by your Gyarados' EV spread. What exactly are you trying to achieve with it? Oh, and your Conkledurr doesn't have any moves.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm kind of not convinced by your Gyarados' EV spread. What exactly are you trying to achieve with it? Oh, and your Conkledurr doesn't have any moves.

Don't know why Conkeldurr's moves weren't included, but I fixed that.

The idea with my Gyarados's EVs is that it has enough bulk to withstand several attacks so it can get more than one Dragon Dance and then wreck stuff. And I swear I once saw that very same EV spread on Gyarados's B/W Smogon page, though its not there now.

But if you could explain why the new EV spread is the preferred one, that'd be good too. As would any other advice you have.

Back