• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFE Pokemon Challenge

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

General Rules:

• You may only use not-fully-evolved pokemon and/or pokemon that don't evolve.
    • Fully-evolved Pokemon may be raised/traded in/hacked in as parents for egg moves. However, they SHOULD NOT participate in any battle, especially major ones (Rival, Gym, Elite Four)
  • X/Y: Pokemon with Mega- evolutions must never equip their respective Mega stones.
    • Final-evo pokemon or end-of-the-line evolutions, such as Charizard or Gyarados, may not be used even though they are technically not-fully-evolved (considering Mega- evolutions)
  • You may not evolve Baby Pokemon.
  • Legendary pokemon are not allowed...with only Phione as an exception.
  • Hacking/Trading-in is allowed, but the given Pokemon's level must not exceed Lv5.
  • The challenge ends when the credits roll.
  • This challenge is applicable for selected spinoffs, too! Namely:
    • Pokemon TCG 1/2
    • Pokemon Stadium 1/2
    • Pokemon Colosseum
    • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Some spinoffs (such as MD) aren't listed because: 1) I'm not sure if it's even applicable on those games anymore; or 2) there's no real option to use weaker/evolved pokemon right from the start - forcing you to be stuck on that game's own challenge.

Item Restrictions:

• You may only heal or use items outside of battle.
    • Regenerative moves/abilities such as Wish, Regenerator, Softboiled or Aromatherapy are allowed.
    • You may let your pokemon hold items or berries.
  • All Revival items are banned.
    • You may consult any NPC (old lady/mom/PC storage/Doctor/Nurse/etc) for revival.
    • Rare candies may only be used if the pokemon is not in fainted status.
  • You are not allowed to hack in ANY item.
[/spoiler]
Party Limitations:
Spoiler:

Other Optional Rules:

1. For X/Y challengers: Exp Share must be off and your team members are only allowed for up to 2 hearts max in Pokemon Amie.
  2. Challenge yourself further by beating the strongest trainers in the region! (Red, Steven, Cynthia, Matsumoto, etc - excluding Battle Facilities)

Tier List:
Petit Tier (<320 BST)
Starter Tier (320-380 BST)
Strong Tier (381-429 BST)
Superpowered Tier (>431 BST)
*BST = Base Stat Total

(...list will be provided soon, but use this link for now. The BST limits m
ay move around, so be sure to check for updates)

Entry/Registration Form:

Name -
Molivious
Game of Choice - White
Item Restrictions: (On/Off)
Party Limitations: (Petit/Extended/Classic)

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

- chose Oshawott as starter, named it Osha
- defeated Cheren smoothly with Osha
- captured Magby and Magnemite (named Voltron) in Virbank Complex
- put Magnemite into storage
- Defeated Roxie

Current team:
| Magby / Magby | Flame Body | Fire Spin, Ember, Faint Attack, Smokescreen |
| Oshawott / Osha | Torrent | Water Gun, Tackle, Razor Shell, Focus Energy |

Replacing the supposed Stunky on my team with Magby because I didn't know you couldn't acquire stunky til the grottos... Magby is cool, though, I just can't imagine how much more difficult the Elite Four would be without a dark poke. Hrmm. I might have to EV train my first team.

Also, I used to hate Oshawott's design but I'm starting to get attached to mine >_< Edit: still don't like magby's

Tek

Years
Bit of a progress report. I've gotten everyone but Suecephany up to Lv 70, so I'm nearly ready to challenge the E4 once again.

Suecephany the Trapinch
Brave Female Lv 5
Bite/Sand Attack/Quick Attack

Wiggaleesa the Dratini
Timid Female Lv 70
Leer/Waterfall/Supersonic/Dragonbreath

Sparky the Pikachu
Naive Male Lv 70
Wish/Sweet Kiss/Slam/Shock Wave

Misstellah the Clefairy
Sassy Female Lv 70
Metronome/Flash/Sing/Shadow Ball

Marypuf'ns the Swablu
Impish Female Lv 70
Sing/Mirror Move/Perish Song/Fly

Hammer the Krabby
Relaxed Male Lv 70
Rock Smash/Stomp/Surf/Mud Shot

Also a question. I'm going to be getting a Japanese SS this week, on which I'll be taking my own Born and Raised challenge. Can I also take this challenge on the same run-through? I'll be using Psyduck, Vulpix, Ekans, and Meowth, and the Extended rules so I can has Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Gunk Shot, and Dream Eater.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Also a question. I'm going to be getting a Japanese SS this week, on which I'll be taking my own Born and Raised challenge. Can I also take this challenge on the same run-through? I'll be using Psyduck, Vulpix, Ekans, and Meowth, and the Extended rules so I can has Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Gunk Shot, and Dream Eater.
Sure thing, I'm fairly positive that anyone could take as much challenges as he can in one run for as long as he follows and doesn't break any of their rules.

small update (Summer's ironically kept me very busy):
- kicked team plasma butt with Hugh
- defeated Burgh
Currently in Nimbasa, figuring out how to deal with Elesa's dreadful Emolga ._.

also, there will be a major overhaul in the challenge rules really soon. Basically, I will make it look more like an NFE challenge thread with neat optional rules, than a restrictive challenge that requires NFE pokemon. Big difference.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
also, there will be a major overhaul in the challenge rules really soon. Basically, I will make it look more like an NFE challenge thread with neat optional rules, than a restrictive challenge that requires NFE pokemon. Big difference.

So no more mandatory item restrictions? That'd be awesome!

Also, Suecephany is Lv 46 now. If I find the time to finish leveling her up today, I'll attempt to challenge the E4 once again....

Tek

Years
Well, my leveling up paid off. I did lose Hammer when I battled Drake, but aside from that it was a very smooth E4 challenge. Got it on my first try :]

This challenge was tough. But it has taught me that you don't need big, tough Pokémon to win! It's given me the confidence to play using my favorites, regardless of what their stats are. With the right moveset (and enough grinding xD ) , any Pokémon can do well.

2iuq5ag.jpg

Well, since I so enjoyed the challenge of my last NFE run, I thought I'd take another!

Username: Tek
Game: SoulSilver
Item Restrictions: Off
Party Limitations: Extended

Note: This is a dual challenge sign-up for NFE and Born and Raised. I started several weeks ago, so there's a lot of progress to report already :]

First update:

Spoiler:

Current Team:

14udkl0.jpg

Tera the Ekans @ Poison Barb
Adamant Female Lv 15
Bite/Disable/Poison Sting/Glare

Stud the Vulpix @ Charcoal
Naive Male Lv 20
Ember/Disable/Will-o-Wisp/Attract

Cutie the Skitty @ Soothe Bell
Hasty Female Lv 24